• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Kumo

Hey guys I heard you were running out of box space, SO WE SENT YOU SOME FREE RARE EVOLVERS YOU MIGHT NEED LATER FOR CROCODILE OR WHATEVER.

Love, Bamco

Yeah, pretty sure Bamco is trolling us at this point. :p

I accidentally opened the mail myself, ughhhh

Whitebeard books have a 6% drop rate according to gamewith. Compare this to Marco's 25% drop rate and prepare yourself for the pain. So, for every 100 runs(3000 stamina) you get 6 books on average. To get thirty books, you need an average of 500 runs(15000 stamina). You naturally recover 144 stamina a day. Sigh...

Also, RIP F2P WBs. Warning, fuzzy
probably wrong
math ahead.
90 stamina=3 runs. 50 gems is 150 guaranteed runs + level ups. Each run is 5500 exp. I am currently at 161, so I need 80k for 162, and 90k for 171, so average of 85k for fuzzy maths. That's 4 gems plus the 3 for each level up stamina refill. So I'll level up about 12 times for another 48 runs. 50 gems. for 198 runs, for 12 skill books. :cries:

On another note, this is the first fortnight isle to have pigs.

Mmm, yeah I was deciding whether to farm for whitebeard or gp usopp books, but I think I'll go with usopp since he sees way more use from me.

Part of me wants to see Namco increase the mailbox size to 400 and not increase the inventory space just so I can see the OPTC community collectively lose its shit.

Does the Japanese version have more slots? Or we're just speculating Bamco should be adding space at this point...cause we really do need those spaces lol

Japan has 700 slots ._.
97932-one-piece-laughter-to-despair.gif

Xcution

I swear this box size issue is going to make me stop playing this effin game, lol.

Curse you and your bad jokes Bamco...pray we never meet in the streets lol.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Ugh. I am not enjoying the Kraken fortnight so far. Tried Expert with Killer, thinking, hey, I should do plenty of damage, with HP to spare!

Run #1, bad orbs, Kraken had 20% health left when I died.

Run #2, brought Lulu, forgot to pop Kaku after converting TND/RCV, Kraken had NO life when I died. It's like that bastard somehow got a Laboon assist, holding on to that last hit point just to spite me.

Run #3, didn't even make it to Kraken. Took some hits due to crappy auto-targeting in early battles, and had 5500 HP when the Master of the Near Sea one-shotted me with a preemptive attack. Came this close to throwing a fussy baby temper tantrum, then remembered adults don't do that, especially over a video game. :p

Goodbye, 90 stamina. Now I have to learn how to clear each stupid battle perfectly, starting with an evolver that attacks next round, then manually switching to the biggest damage threat. Even then, it's really sketchy. Stupid treasure turtles hitting for over 1000 damage, so damned ridiculous.

It's probably safer with a Jozu friend, but damn it, I was really looking forward to finding a reliable method to do burst damage this time around.

chrono01

New Isles are GO.
Box increase is NO. ;___;
:/

I swear this box size issue is going to make me stop playing this effin game, lol.

Curse you and your bad jokes Bamco...pray we never meet in the streets lol.
It's definitely killed a lot of my interest for the game. I still play daily, but I'm not too terribly worried about "wasting" stamina. What's the point of running something when you can't even keep the drops?

It's beyond the point of frustration now.

Kyou

it seems like people not doing pulls and not spending gems on increases hurts their bottom line.

What possible reason could they have for not upping it to whatever

Alright, just finished all difficulties of the Kraken island. Double Jozus seem pretty reliable. I'm having a hard time getting perfects with him though because his slow attack speed keeps throwing me off.

Anyway, Kraken doesn't hit very hard, and his orb conversion to STR and DEX on his 2nd turn lets you really do some damage with Capone+Kaku+Hina.

chrono01

it seems like people not doing pulls and not spending gems on increases hurts their bottom line.

What possible reason could they have for not upping it to whatever
One of the suspected reasons is to limit our ability to plan for the future, since the Japanese release is so far ahead of us. What Namco Bandai fails to realize is that, if they keep this up, it's going to cause people to stop playing the game anyway, which means less profit for them.

We should have received two [or even three] box increases by now. The fact that we're still on our first [that we've had since launch] is ridiculous.

qazqaNii

Hey guys, stopped posting here a while ago since OPTC have stopped being my top priority in life, hope everyone is doing well and wish you guys the greatest luck on the upcoming sugo.

Really sad that there is still no increased box space.. :(
And the new kraken isle is a joke, started of with exper with this team:
Jozu (60+)
Jozu (87 Mine)
Lucci (60+)
Kaku (60+)
Hina (50+)
Umbrella Girl (40+)

Gives me 50k+ HP and I am just tanking everything. :p.
If everyone needs my Jozu feel free to add me.

koryuken

Ugh. I am not enjoying the Kraken fortnight so far. Tried Expert with Killer, thinking, hey, I should do plenty of damage, with HP to spare!

Run #1, bad orbs, Kraken had 20% health left when I died.

Run #2, brought Lulu, forgot to pop Kaku after converting TND/RCV, Kraken had NO life when I died. It's like that bastard somehow got a Laboon assist, holding on to that last hit point just to spite me.

Run #3, didn't even make it to Kraken. Took some hits due to crappy auto-targeting in early battles, and had 5500 HP when the Master of the Near Sea one-shotted me with a preemptive attack. Came this close to throwing a fussy baby temper tantrum, then remembered adults don't do that, especially over a video game. :p

Goodbye, 90 stamina. Now I have to learn how to clear each stupid battle perfectly, starting with an evolver that attacks next round, then manually switching to the biggest damage threat. Even then, it's really sketchy. Stupid treasure turtles hitting for over 1000 damage, so damned ridiculous.

It's probably safer with a Jozu friend, but damn it, I was really looking forward to finding a reliable method to do burst damage this time around.

I dunno man, I cleared it on the first try and my quick team is not very high level. Dual killer, lucci, Ms. Valentine, Lulu, and Kaku. Use valentine Lulu Kaku specials on 2nd turn of the boss orb shuffle, and you will get blue orbs for the team + buff. No need to play perfectly,just smart.

Majukun

just finished all the kraken stages.. went with the usual tactic..

Double jozu
johnny
miss valentine
kaku
hina

just waited till turn 3 or 4 while doing damage, activate Johnny, then miss valentine, than kaku and lastly hina.. the kraken will go down

interesting drops anyway.. lots of pigs and baby turtles

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yeah, I like the pigs because I hate using stamina to clog up my inventory because I don't have the correct turtles.

DrAg0nBoY

Double Jozu is really a good method to do Kraken 30 stamina.

Will probably farm now Alubarna though. I have that I get so many red baby turtles and no red pigs :(.

Qmzn

Neo Member
When playing the JP version, I start get this feeling that Bamco's mission for JP and global is different. In JP, they seem to want to retain players and attract new ones with lots of freebies each month, treating the game as a facet of the One Piece merchandizing juggernaut. In Global, they are seemingly trying to maximize the game's profitability over other similar cellular games, manipulating game variables using the JP version as a template.

I see it as the same old story that was told back in the day of the earliest console RPGs. Japanese developers and publishers spend too much time trying to figure out how to retool their product to fit a Western audience, when there's really no need. Slap a decent translation on there, stop worrying about what non-Japanese will or won't enjoy, and most of all, don't treat us like a second-class source of funding for your flagship product.

In other words, they need to just give out the damned box upgrades, rather than flirting with player retention.

Use valentine Lulu Kaku specials on 2nd turn of the boss orb shuffle, and you will get blue orbs for the team + buff. No need to play perfectly,just smart.

No Valentine. She was one of my first Rare Recruits, actually. I was new to the game, and thought anyone who didn't have both a Special and a Captain Ability was total crap. So... I sold her. :p

Majukun

i would complain less about storage space if they actuially make me find a towel nami so that i can use the skillbooks i have for months now

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Yeah, I have 30 Marco books just chilling in my box. Next week tho, they'll be GONE!

Evolved Ace makes quick work of the Kraken at all difficulties. Killer as a team lead dampens fodder damage too much.

IHaveIce

Banned
Kraken 30 Stam should be possible with :

Jozu lvl 68/ Jozu lvl 40
Ace 5star lvl 59/ Lucci evolved lvl 45
Kaku lvl 46 / Killer evolved lvl 50

right? :(

koryuken

No Valentine. She was one of my first Rare Recruits, actually. I was new to the game, and thought anyone who didn't have both a Special and a Captain Ability was total crap. So... I sold her. :p

She is farmable, but I doubt you would want to waste time farming her.

Qmzn

Neo Member
She is farmable, but I doubt you would want to waste time farming her.

I might on 1/2 stamina day, since I'm going to have to switch to a Lucci lead to reliably farm Kraken.

It sucks to realize that all it takes to drop a Killer team are a bunch of battles with 6 enemies in them, because you'll usually only knock out three of them. The low RCV makes poison a serious risk, too.

RedBoot

Having pretty solid luck tonight. Used up my stamina finishing the Alubarna levels, got a stamina refill from my last snail, then managed to get a level-up with that to fill up again. During all that, I got Mr. 1 to drop, and grabbed the Kraken as well. Still got the full bar from the level up to spend on Croc farming, but my phone needs to charge for now.

I really like how they handled the last scene in the story mode, the
voices really made it.
Almost makes up for the fact that they really undersold the Gum-Gum Storm scene. :p

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Hadn't played in two weeks due to a hectic work schedule + strongly disliking the Franky isle more than any other since I started playing.

Back on board and managed to clear Alubarna, and cleared the Kraken easily with Jozu Jozu.

I'm also absolutely SWIMMING in gems, since I got 10 for my 100-day login, and 10 for clearing the story isle. Plus the extras we've been getting. I spent every single gem I had in the last sugofest, and I've already stockpiled back up to 65. Feels good.

It's a weird feeling - I was absolutely hardcore about TC for 80 days - never missed a day, and basically spent every single stam point I ever earned, beginning at about 50 stam. But then I just... completely stopped. Not sure I'll ever be back that heavy again, but I'm at least glad I'm pushing through new content again.

HawthorneKitty

Hadn't played in two weeks due to a hectic work schedule + strongly disliking the Franky isle more than any other since I started playing.

Back on board and managed to clear Alubarna, and cleared the Kraken easily with Jozu Jozu.

I'm also absolutely SWIMMING in gems, since I got 10 for my 100-day login, and 10 for clearing the story isle. Plus the extras we've been getting. I spent every single gem I had in the last sugofest, and I've already stockpiled back up to 65. Feels good.

It's a weird feeling - I was absolutely hardcore about TC for 80 days - never missed a day, and basically spent every single stam point I ever earned, beginning at about 50 stam. But then I just... completely stopped. Not sure I'll ever be back that heavy again, but I'm at least glad I'm pushing through new content again.
Good luck on Sugofest.

Kyou

Finished up Alabasta. Nice surprise to get 10(!) fruits for beating it. Gonna put it to good use during the sugofest

Majukun

yesterday i dedicated myself to the kraken...sadly after the first run no more pigs for me..what a waste
today i'll try alubarna

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Welcome Back man and i can cosign on your experience. I still like the game and will continue playing it....but its not like the first months were i made sure not to miss turtle times or didnt want to waste stamina.

As a OP fans i want to collect and have as many units as possible but the was Bamco handles the Global version prevents me from getting my fix. Having to sell named characters and the constant managing of box space for month has tempered my enjoyment. Enen for the upcoming Sugofest im thinking...if i pull more than 2 good units i wanna keep i will have to sell off other stuff again.

Hah...nice, congrats !!

StMeph

I still like the game and will continue playing it....but its not like the first months were i made sure not to miss turtle times or didnt want to waste stamina. . . . Having to sell named characters and the constant managing of box space for month has tempered my enjoyment.

The combination of the content drip slowing down and my Going Merry still being stuck at level 9 has tempered my enthusiasm for staying on the bleeding edge of the game. I'm still logging in and playing, but don't squeeze every last ounce of efficiency from stamina anymore. Missed a few turtle times, but I'll get that XP... eventually.

Hana-Bi

I think I'll skip this Sugofest. Rayleigh, Whitebeard, Vista and Blamenco are the only rare recruit units I don't have. With the Alabasta recruits and the three warlords besides Boa there are to few new good chars. Maybe I'll wait till the Strong World units hit the global version... But I know that I want to pull a few times and after a few times I pull some more... So hopefully I won't even start to pull.

Qmzn

Neo Member
I'm gonna do two or three pulls against this Sugo, but nothing crazy. Not like I have the box space for a bunch of new characters, anyway.

Meanwhile, in Japan, version 4.1 was released, and has the most buttery-smooth performance on Android yet... with the sound turned off, of course. :p

It was a real trick getting the 4.1 apk, though... turns out the apk downloading sites pull from their own apk cache, rather than directly from the current version on Google Play. I was impatient, so I made up a Japanese Android Virtual Machine, then used a VPN to pretend I was in Japan.

Stupid region lockouts. There should just be one version of this game, not two.

Dandte

I think I'll skip this Sugofest. Rayleigh, Whitebeard, Vista and Blamenco are the only rare recruit units I don't have. With the Alabasta recruits and the three warlords besides Boa there are to few new good chars. Maybe I'll wait till the Strong World units hit the global version... But I know that I want to pull a few times and after a few times I pull some more... So hopefully I won't even start to pull.

Units i want :

All gods
All warlords
Kid
Vista
Jozu
Izo
Urugue
Usopp v2
Capone

Will Do 13 pulls jozu a god boa and kid and im happy.

chrono01

I'd do at last ten pulls, but...member box space. :/

I'll be able to free up around 20-30 slots, thanks to the skill-up event, but I don't want to pull a lot of new units limiting my freedom further, since I know Namco Bandai won't give us an increase in the next few updates. I've pretty much given up all hope on it.

HawthorneKitty

I'd do at last ten pulls, but...member box space. :/

I'll be able to free up around 20-30 slots, thanks to the skill-up event, but I don't want to pull a lot of new units limiting my freedom further, since I know Namco Bandai won't give us an increase in the next few updates. I've pretty much given up all hope on it.
Have you given up all the books to units you don't have?

Top Bottom