• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Does Mr 2 have a better drop rate on stage 3 or 4? I've been farming 4 all week to no avail. I'm trying to get him asap, so I can dump a bunch of my exp units into him and free up space. Afterwards, starts the Croc grind. D:

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Does Mr 2 have a better drop rate on stage 3 or 4? I've been farming 4 all week to no avail. I'm trying to get him asap, so I can dump a bunch of my exp units into him and free up space. Afterwards, starts the Croc grind. D:

The drop rate is the same, if you get him to drop where you encounter his evolved form however, the unit that drops should have a higher base LV to start off with.

Tidd

Yesterday I got Mr. 1 (of course now I will pull Kohza at the next Sugofest because that's how things work):
X77djutl.png

Today I got Ms. Doublefinger:
9lwkSuYl.png

+ got my 2nd Crocdile

I'm done with Alabasta. Time to get 23932 Whitebeard books for my imaginary Whitebeard. :)

Verelios

Argh, been farming Mr.1 and it is mind numbing. Burst, no scroll. Burst, no scroll. Been three days and I'm almost done. Same with Arlong who still hasn't dropped.

Dawg

After completing the newest island, I now have 70 gems ready for the upcoming sugofest.

I better get something decent this time. 14 pulls...

Kyou

After completing the newest island, I now have 70 gems ready for the upcoming sugofest.

I better get something decent this time. 14 pulls...

I'll be able to do six or seven, I'd like just one decent thing from a sugofest for once

Spinx

Mr. 1 dropped on my third try. That freaked me the fuck out. Ms. Doublefinger after 7 tries. Crocodile less than 30. Thanks RNG. Upgraded my Merry to level 10. It was a good week.

RalchAC

My summer trip just ended so I'm back with my OPTC routine. Going to try to farm some characters while Alubarna is still 2x Drop. My priority should be:

Croco -> Mr1 -> Croco. I dunno about Double Finger... Right now I have in my DEX team

How many pulls are you going to do on Sugofest guys? By August 25th I should have over 80 gems, but there are still raid bosses I want to max. I think I may do 6-7 pulls and keep it over 50, so I have spare gems for farming returning bosses (last time Mihawk returned I couldn't find time to MAX skill him T.T), Perona island, Doffy and Zephyr.

chrono01

How many pulls are you going to do on Sugofest guys? By August 25th I should have over 80 gems, but there are still raid bosses I want to max. I think I may do 6-7 pulls and keep it over 50, so I have spare gems for farming returning bosses (last time Mihawk returned I couldn't find time to MAX skill him T.T), Perona island, Doffy and Zephyr.
Really, it depends on if Namco Bandai gives us a box increase. I know, I hate sounding like a broken record, but I'm going to be freeing up around 20-25 slots in my inventory, but I'm not about to fill 5+ of those with new characters when our maximum is still only 200. I need to save space for turtle time, as well as the evolution materials that I needed to sell to make room.

If we get a box increase, I can see myself easily pulling at least ten times, unless I get lucky early on. If not, I can't see myself going over five pulls.

RalchAC

I totally understand how you feel. I'm in the same boat. I have like 180 slots always used by faved characters, books, some small turtles and pigs and evolution materials. I want that box upgrade, even if I doubt I'll use 20 gems straight away to upgrade to 300 (I'd use a bunch in order to have 230 slots or a bit more).

It's especially bad in Turtle Times.

Still, I want to give a try to the Sugo to see if I can get some good STR characters. STR and INT are my weakest colours I'd say. QCK, DEX and PSY are decent enough even though there are some units I wouldn't mind having.

Majukun

tried yesterday for crocodile..got nothing..how do you guys even farm characters?i never get anyone..how many times do you try?do you use gems?

anyway..FINALLY i got mihawk's ship

RalchAC

tried yesterday for crocodile..got nothing..how do you guys even farm characters?i never get anyone..how many times do you try?do you use gems?

I've been trying to get Mihawk's ship but without 2 max skilled Mihawks getting past the Arlong+Hachi stage depends on orb luck. So far I've been trying different ways to do the stage myself (don't want to use a guide to tell me where should I use X, Y or Z skill, want to do some trial and error).

For farming I just watch a series or something. Runs take longer that way, but at least it doesn't feel like you're totally wasting your time.

Majukun

I've been trying to get Mihawk's ship but without 2 max skilled Mihawks getting past the Arlong+Hachi stage depends on orb luck. So far I've been trying different ways to do the stage myself (don't want to use a guide to tell me where should I use X, Y or Z skill, want to do some trial and error).

For farming I just watch a series or something. Runs take longer that way, but at least it doesn't feel like you're totally wasting your time.

I didn't use a guide either,so if you want to do it yourself I'm not gonna tell ya how i did it..anyway my team only had 1 mihawk :p,

also,if you need one maxed skilled mihawk i can put mine..it's not max level though,just lv 88

Tidd

Just doing the chapter over and over again with your daily stamina. Kraken wasn't a priority for me, so it was an easy decision to farm them. And pray to God Coby :D Also don't use gems to farm story mode characters. They will never go away!

Congrats! :)

I guess after the Sugofest we will get the Zephyr announcement. It's time for him!

RalchAC

I didn't use a guide either,so if you want to do it yourself I'm not gonna tell ya how i did it..anyway my team only had 1 mihawk :p,

also,if you need one maxed skilled mihawk i can put mine..it's not max level though,just lv 88

Well, if you can put put it as your captain every once in a while I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Just doing the chapter over and over again with your daily stamina. Kraken wasn't a priority for me, so it was an easy decision to farm them. And pray to God Coby :D Also don't use gems to farm story mode characters. They will never go away!

Congrats! :)

I guess after the Sugofest we will get the Zephyr announcement. It's time for him!

I have Izo, but I couldn't properly skill up Kalifa when her island launched. So I'm not in a hurry to farm Izo books until I max skill her.

Especially because there is plenty of stuff to farm right now. Like the Alubarna characters, Alvida books and GP Usopp books in the near future.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Tried to get Ms. Valentine on both Stamina 1/2 and Drop x2 days. Spent hundreds of stamina. No drop. Put 20 cola into Coffin Ship. Sad Usopp.

Meanwhile, in Japan, I'm working through Expert Tsuru and Love Maiden Sanji fortnights with Sabo + Kaku, hovering around 20 slots under my current 300 box space limit. It really puts into sharp relief how second-class global is right now. Bamco's got no love for the world outside Japan. :(

Speaking of the Japanese version, the 4.1 release flew two rather significant changes under the radar. First, transfer passwords now last 3 months instead of one week. Weekly backups are now unnecessary, unless you are worried about losing too much progress.

Second, when you refill stamina using a Transponder Snail or spending a gem, you can overcharge your stamina bar up to 2x the total amount. No more carefully bleeding stamina down to 0 before taking snails. Did I mention it's stamina refill rate up from snails right now? No?

Global sucks. :p

Second, when you refill stamina using a Transponder Snail or spending a gem, you can overcharge your stamina bar up to 2x the total amount. No more carefully bleeding stamina down to 0 before taking snails. Did I mention it's stamina refill rate up from snails right now? No?
What about when you level up?

Qmzn

Neo Member
Yeah, the Pirate Level refills still have to be timed carefully to maximize benefit. I'm guessing they didn't allow level-ups to overcharge because they aren't governed by the RNG.

I imagine new JP accounts could get way more traction if level-ups overcharged the bar. Getting up to speed was already pretty fast as it is. I hit Pirate Level 100 early this week, less than a month in. While that did have a bit to do with having a legendary captain, the five-minute stamina combined with a variety of fortnights and the availability of XP via porcs is what really did the trick.

So, if I'm reading that correctly, the major difference was that the JP version revisited raid bosses a bunch early on, Global got story islands and snails a bit earlier, Missions drastically earlier, but otherwise, Global is going through the content at around the same speed?

I've heard it before, and I get it, JP "sucked" as much as Global during the same time frame, and Bamco is playing it safe by loosely following a tried-and-true schedule. But when it was just the JP version, there wasn't this incredibly green grass on the other side of the fence, taunting us all with box space and ability orbs and such. It's like Japan's rocking the "Game of the Year" edition, while we're stuck with the initial release.

Still, the box space upgrades aren't listed in that spreadsheet. Wasn't Japan at 400 by now?

makaveli13

Neo Member
This special level up event can't come soon enough. I'll be able to free up around 40 slots in char box and hopefully max Alvida and Marco. I'm also usually against hoarding skillbooks for chars I don't have but I KNOW I am getting Whitebeard this sugo and will not part with the ones that the Kraken so kindly drops for me.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
I believe the first box expansion for JPN came during Hina's event? It's been a long and on-going discussion with other players of when we all expected GBL to get more space. If we get one as a surprise during Sugofest that would be cool. Realistically, I'm not expecting anything until the next version... and even then who knows. We can all agree it should've happened by now.

What we could get this week is a surprise MC raid immediately after Sugofest again though.

RalchAC

They would announce Zephyr because he is a new raid. Raid bosses whom we had before won't get announced.

Im expecting Chopper counterattack during the skill up event. I dunno if I should use today Turtles on Garp or level up some QCK units.

Maybe we should time travel.

Tidd

Moria is the "worst" of all new units from this sugo xP

I'm doing 5 pulls. Except if I'm getting something good on my first pull, then I'll stop after the first one. I learned my lesson from last time. :D

Spinx

Moriah will be great for yellow turtle time. lol

I wish could only do five pulls and stop but the gambler in me is too strong.

RalchAC

It's kind of sad to look at the comments because more than half of them are people asking for more box space.

Anyway, it seems I've finally been able to install the JP version of OPTC.

There isn't any account from last Sugofest still available, right?

Dawg

The saddest part of sugofest is realizing you'll have to level up all those new units x(

I have an immense shortage of feeders. I only keep pigs and turtles, though. Not sure what other people do. I pretty much sell all pirate units and (un)common units. Else my box would be full in no time.

Majukun

well if I manage to find towel Nami (and maybe Marco too) I would not need a storage increase.. around 30 spots in my storage are occupied by their skillbooks

Top Bottom