• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

All my Int characters are <50, so I'm stuck using Vivi. I'm fine with Vivi+Zoro since I can put in Whitebeard and Mihawk, but I apparently don't have a lot of Zoro friends. The best I can take for a Vivi+Laboon/Pell team is Onigumo, and it takes way too long,

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
It's interesting how I put my lv 99 Vivi up and I've already gotten 3 friend requests; I thought nobody wanted her anymore.

RalchAC

Going by the damage calc (with a max Merry of course), it would take one Garp at level 92 and everyone else at max to have get the 2x Garp + Urouge team to hit 48k+ HP.

On a Franky team, one can hit 48k+ HP at lower levels:
Garp 1 - MAX
Garp 2 - 85
Coby - 80
Bon Clay - MAX
Impact Usopp - MAX
Franky - MAX

However, Urouge has a much higher attack than Franky (even 80 Urouge vs 99 Franky). As such, I haven't done any damage calculations to know if these levels would be high enough to take Zephyr down by the 12th turn or not.

I don't have box space to horde any Garps, and I would rather save my gems in hope of a box increase coming with 2.3.

Well, my current party is:

Garp / Garp (78)
Coby (98) / Franky (93)
Mr2 (MAX) / v2 Usopp (MAX)

I did some calculations and I think it should be doable. I decided to go above the 80 level the Urogue team suggested (using Cloggerdude guide) in order to minimize the risk. Would it be high enough? Well, in theory it should. Damage would be a bit lower than a Urogue team at the same levels, but I've just used the damage calculator and a team with 2x Garp at level 80, Coby at MAX and Franky at MAX it'd do as much damage per turn as Urouge team where every unit is at level 80.

Furthermore, keep in mind that a team with 48k health should always hit Perfects (a Urouge team would need to do 2-3 Greats to eat some Meat orbs in order to survive the 3rd hit) and the fact that Franky should allow me to move some orbs around to increase damage.

In theory, both teams should work I think. But maths aren't absolute since we depend on orb luck and RNG can screw us if he wants.

All my Int characters are <50, so I'm stuck using Vivi. I'm fine with Vivi+Zoro since I can put in Whitebeard and Mihawk, but I apparently don't have a lot of Zoro friends. The best I can take for a Vivi+Laboon/Pell team is Onigumo, and it takes way too long,

I have a Lion Song Zoro I got last Sugofest. It's only level 13. Are we friends? Do you want me to set him as my captain for you?

It's interesting how I put my lv 99 Vivi up and I've already gotten 3 friend requests; I thought nobody wanted her anymore.

My Vivi is at level 41... I'm to lazy to level up anymore

Man Bamco is cruel to put turtle time and Garp event on the same day.

And you guys want Vivi (lv52), Lion Song Zoro (lv35) or Vista (lv62) more for Garp?

Looking at the buff timer, it looks like a run with Vivi/Zoro takes 40 turns on average. So I spend 4 minutes each run just watching Garp's animation

I have a Lion Song Zoro I got last Sugofest. It's only level 13. Are we friends? Do you want me to set him as my captain for you?

Nah, no need to do that. Seems a couple more of my friends switched to LS Zoro. I did send you a friend request anyway. though.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Rayleigh absolutely destroys Garp with a purple burst team. I can do 3.2 million in 1 turn. Anyways, I farmed him last night and got 1-3 skill ups per 5 Garps for like 25 Garps. Then this morning I farm a quick 15 and get zero.

What the hell, game.

Adeptrain

If anyone has any space in their friend list, it'd be great to be added. Especially if you have a high level Vivi. Those of you that accepted my friend request, thankyou. I just started and your captains have been essential to me :) Anyway, my friend code is 492,383,762. Thanks again.

RalchAC

Rayleigh absolutely destroys Garp with a purple burst team. I can do 3.2 million in 1 turn. Anyways, I farmed him last night and got 1-3 skill ups per 5 Garps for like 25 Garps. Then this morning I farm a quick 15 and get zero.

What the hell, game.

You have a brave soul, man. After Mihawk I don't want to go through that nightmare again.

I'm going to hard 40 Garps no matter what and wait for a skill up event.

If anyone has any space in their friend list, it'd be great to be added. Especially if you have a high level Vivi. Those of you that accepted my friend request, thankyou. I just started and your captains have been essential to me :) Anyway, my friend code is 492,383,762. Thanks again.

I'll add you, but sadly my Vivi is only level 41, so I don't know if it'd be useful (I think it has around 350 recovery.

I'd recommend you to just get 1 Garp. You won't be able to farm enough copies to max level him with a Zombie team and you should focus on other things like getting an Arlong (so you can start building an Slasher team) or doing Turtle Time.

Heng

I sent you a request. I have a level 74 Vivi.

Majukun

i barely manage to finish garp with my mihawk team..tried the first 5...no skill up...now i don't know if i wanna continue or just get 5 more and keep them till the next skillup event

pelicansurf

The only reason I don't feel bad is because with Double Rayleigh, I can farm 5 Garps in like 20 minutes or so, probably closer to 15 and I've been pretty lucky so far. I am at 18 CD, only 5 more to go! I can do this!!!

RalchAC

i barely manage to finish garp with my mihawk team..tried the first 5...no skill up...now i don't know if i wanna continue or just get 5 more and keep them till the next skillup event

Which team are you exactly using? Do you use 1 or 2 maxed Mihawks?

My 2x Mihawk, Croco, Meppo, Mr.3 and Alvida is doing wonders in the event.

Hana-Bi

Man, only 40 stam for Garp is killing the flow with 115 stam available. After two Garp runs I'll change to my Hogback team and then I have to be careful to change my team again...

Really need to level up till pirate level 201...

pelicansurf

Man, only 40 stam for Garp is killing the flow with 115 stam available. After two Garp runs I'll change to my Hogback team and then I have to be careful to change my team again...

Really need to level up till pirate level 201...
Yeah, I've been wasting a ton of stamina. I'm just gemming after 2 runs, since I don't have the patience to slog through hog back each time.

Edit:
NypO2UD.jpg

Boom. I got super lucky with skill-up's. With the exception of 15 Garps this morning, I was averaging 2 skill up's per 5 Garps. That's pretty insane.

Yeah, I've been wasting a ton of stamina. I'm just gemming after 2 runs, since I don't have the patience to slog through hog back each time.
For the raids I did throughout this event, I would run Alubarna 4 after 2 40 STA runs. I've been farming Mr. 2 since launch and still no luck :(.

Edit:
NypO2UD.jpg

Boom. I got super lucky with skill-up's. With the exception of 15 Garps this morning, I was averaging 2 skill up's per 5 Garps. That's pretty insane.
Woot, congrats! \o/

Qmzn

Neo Member
I'm ditching everything non-essential to hold onto some Garps for the next level up event. Don't care about farming Zephyr, I just want a MAX Garp to go with my MAX Bon Clay, to have a general-purpose speedy PSY team.

Mihawk/Mihawk, V2 Helmeppo, Vista, Mr. 3 and Kaku is working decent enough for me. Started with Alvida and Smoker, but with my Smoker at exactly 20 turns, I kept screwing up the timing.

JP side, I got Heracles'n in Expert difficulty without spending a gem. Sabo/Sabo, Aojiki, Kaku, Relaxation Vivi (freebie turn-delay unit), and GP Usopp. Adapted a Slasher strat to what I had on hand. Also took out Sadi Expert with a high-level Doflamingo friend, after 5 painful failures. Doflamingo's special is so damned good.

Frieza's out... you can't get him as a unit, but the manual drop is pretty crazy: WB, Boa, Ray, Sengoku, all of the talking Straw Hats, GP Usopp, plus Ability manuals to boot. Of course, that's on Master difficulty, where Frieza keeps powering back up every time you take him to 0 HP, DBZ-style.

pelicansurf

I'm ditching everything non-essential to hold onto some Garps for the next level up event. Don't care about farming Zephyr, I just want a MAX Garp to go with my MAX Bon Clay, to have a general-purpose speedy PSY team.

Mihawk/Mihawk, V2 Helmeppo, Vista, Mr. 3 and Kaku is working decent enough for me. Started with Alvida and Smoker, but with my Smoker at exactly 20 turns, I kept screwing up the timing.

JP side, I got Heracles'n in Expert difficulty without spending a gem. Sabo/Sabo, Aojiki, Kaku, Relaxation Vivi (freebie turn-delay unit), and GP Usopp. Adapted a Slasher strat to what I had on hand. Also took out Sadi Expert with a high-level Doflamingo friend, after 5 painful failures. Doflamingo's special is so damned good.

Frieza's out... you can't get him as a unit, but the manual drop is pretty crazy: WB, Boa, Ray, Sengoku, all of the talking Straw Hats, GP Usopp, plus Ability manuals to boot. Of course, that's on Master difficulty, where Frieza keeps powering back up every time you take him to 0 HP, DBZ-style.
I have a MAX Skill Garp, Coby, and Bon Clay now. Booster Usopp is almost there. I'm gonna farm the shit out of Zephyr.

Kumo

How many garps are you guys hoarding? I'm debating whether I should stop at 40 or 45? Maybe 50?

Dear god, I need that box space really soon. ;_;

RedBoot

How many garps are you guys hoarding? I'm debating whether I should stop at 40 or 45? Maybe 50?

Dear god, I need that box space really soon. ;_;

If you want to try and max him in one go, I'd say 50-ish, you generally get 1-2 skillups per 5 during skill boost events. But it's still random, 50 might not be enough (or you could max him with 35-40).

But yeah, I'm waiting for a box increase myself before worrying about Garp. Maxing Perona is my next goal (and I don't have any hope for doing that unless we get a box upgrade very soon).

Box upgrade. If I say it enough, it will happen.

Kumo

Use them all!

Yeahhh, I don't have your kind of luck, lol. I don't think I've seen 2 out of 5 skill ups once during the entire hogback island. Both hogback and cindry are level 1 for me too. 0 out of 5 has been fairly common without the skill up event, at least for me.

If you want to try and max him in one go, I'd say 50-ish, you generally get 1-2 skillups per 5 during skill boost events. But it's still random, 50 might not be enough (or you could max him with 35-40).

But yeah, I'm waiting for a box increase myself before worrying about Garp. Maxing Perona is my next goal (and I don't have any hope for doing that unless we get a box upgrade very soon).

Box upgrade. If I say it enough, it will happen.

Alright, I'll aim for 50 because I'd rather be done with this raid right now, plus having a max garp could open some options for zephyr, that is if we get that skill up event before him. I'm just not sure if I want to sacrifice box space for that. Might even have to sell some elder seahorses and rainbow mats cause I got too many of those. >_>

Damn I forgot about perona too! How many copies would that need? Like 30? lol

pelicansurf

How are your boxes not packed!? (Lol they probably are). I keep an open 50 slots so farming turtles doesn't become a sell-o-rama. Due to this though, I'm YOLO-ing skill-up's unless it's for something legit (Marco, Legendaries, Usopp's, etc). I guess Garp counts too, but I want to farm Zephyr with Marco and I need a max skill Garp for that.

chrono01

I wanted to farm Garp, but I am literally at 200/200. Only 6 or so skillbooks too, so it's not as though I'm hoarding a bunch of those. If we don't get a box upgrade tomorrow, I don't know what I'll do. I can't even play this game anymore due to the space concerns.

Also, congrats on the max skill Garp, pelicansurf!

bjork

I ran Garp once this time, on a break at work. Fed him to my evolved Garp, no level up. I think I only got him to level 2 or 3 the first time he came around, so that'll have to be it until next time. I don't feel like spending gems until they increase the box space.

RedBoot

Damn I forgot about perona too! How many copies would that need? Like 30? lol

She only needs 9 level-ups. 30 would be potentially realistic with a skill-up event. If we get a box increase, I'll bank around 40-50, if not I'll probably only be able to hold onto like 10. :(

chrono01

She only needs 9 level-ups. 30 would be potentially realistic with a skill-up event. If we get a box increase, I'll bank around 40-50, if not I'll probably only be able to hold onto like 10. :(
If we don't get the box upgrade, I won't be able to hold a single Perona.

Damn it, Namco Bandai! What are you doing? :/

Kumo

Oh damn. I thought she needed only like 5 or 6. Yeah around 40 sounds more realistic. >_<

chrono01

What is it filled with then...
Named characters and evolvers, mostly the hard-to-find evolvers such as Elder Seahorse, Rainbow Penguin, Lobsters, etc. I could sell them...but knowing how difficult it is to get them, especially when you need them most, I'm hesitant. :/

Edit: Oh, a few pigs too, that I need colored turtles to evolve.

Majukun

got 23 garp..5 used the first time and got nothing,so i decided to storage the rest of them..i literally couldn't hold more of them for now..like chrono i'm hoping to get this damn storage upgrade

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Named characters and evolvers, mostly the hard-to-find evolvers such as Elder Seahorse, Rainbow Penguin, Lobsters, etc. I could sell them...but knowing how difficult it is to get them, especially when you need them most, I'm hesitant. :/

Edit: Oh, a few pigs too, that I need colored turtles to evolve.
Well you can get rid of most the pigs soon at least.
Has anyone ever gotten a rainbow gem from the transponder snails? Or is it just a pipe dream?
Maybe it's like getting a 6 star.

You get 5!?! So it really is like this:

Stamina refills however are more or less bullshit for me lol like nearing next level and I've got stamina like 80/95 and it refills it -___-;

Never snail with full stamina! NEVER! Actually Japan got an update where stamina refills will overfill your stamina meter up to twice it's capacity if you get a refill and haven't used up your current stamina.

Between 0 and 5 snails will always appear after you finish a level so long as you haven't used up your 5 total for the day, even if you see one and chose to ignore it. As a generally rule, I won't tap a snail if have any remaining stamina.

Jayhawk

Only got like 1 skill up from at least a dozen Garps. I got him up to level 67 at least. I need to start figuring out what levels I need for Zephyr with a team of Garp, Mr. 2, Coby v2, Impact Usopp, Marco/Shanks and a max Merry. I'll probably need to rely on a friend captain having max skilled Garp.

Kumo

Are we friends? I just put him up for you.

Ah, didn't see this until now. The Garp event just ended. :/ Thanks though.

I'm not sure if we are. I don't see you on the GAF list so probably not. I'll put my ID in quote here.

Managed to get to 40 garps but I started running out of Mihawk friends haha. Probably won't be enough. Oh well.

Copons

Yesterday I didn't do a single Garp run and I'm proud of it.

also because I had just a couple of hours to play and in those couple of hours there was my much needed turtle time to clear out all those pesky pigs from Hogback island that completely filled my box (after the turtle time, I got back to 165/200, just saying :D )

Majukun

what's on the mail the Daimyo turtle? or it-it's the Nami set?
i don't wanna open it and fill my storage again if it's just the Nami set

Adeptrain

Thank you all of you that added me! I tried to beat Garp before time ran out, but I couldn't pull it off :/ Also, all the farming that you all do to max the skills of these characters is just...wow. 0_0

Top Bottom