• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Spinx

Oh really? I thought it was 5. Hah.

/edit

I just checked in game, 5 stars buddy.

I was joking heh. I know he's a 5 star but the thing is rated 10 as captain on gamewith. Only rayleigh, whitebeard and log luffy are rated that high. We just got to hold out until ver. 4.0

I just had to pull more than once. Luffy v1, dancing jango, jimbei 4*, hachi. Next sugo I'm deleting the game for that day.

Hisoka

Pulled 13 times. This sugo was far better than the last for me, but still bad compared to those before.

Got:

1) Chaka (at least new but meh..)
2&3) 2x Goldenweek (...!)
4) Veau Shot Sanji...
5) Gin..
6&7) 2x Vivi 4* (the first was new, at least, and after that - dupe... fuuuu)
8) Ace 5* (duuupe duuude)
9&10) 2 Smoker (~.~)
11) Nemule 5* (new, yeah.. Finally)
12) Jinbe 4* (new, yeah!!)
13) Don fucking Krieg, no fucking way.

Nemule and Jinbe is nice, combine perfect.
But the thirst for a 6* was real..

Majukun

I sit at 28 gems.. wondering if it's worth doing another 1/2 pulls... That's to say I never had any luck with those your pulls

I'm super rainbow gem deprived, so I only did a single pull. The rest of my gems will go towards the turtles this week. Alas, I got this new unit for myself, so \o/

I sit at 28 gems.. wondering if it's worth doing another 1/2 pulls... That's to say I never had any luck with those your pulls

I'd keep em for future pulls, While you might get some new units it's kinda painful if you're down to near-zero gems and still didn't get anything to show for it.

Personally I quit at +-50 gems left, particularly cause I got almost all worthwhile DEX exclusives.

sasari

Thought I'd do a quick 5 pulls to use up the 25 gems I had.

The green bonus was quite strong on them

Namule
Law
(Doubler)Dancing Django
(Doubler)Smoker
(Doubler)Three Thousand Worlds Zoro

Meh... Happy to get Law I guess, no idea on Namule, must see if he's any good

Heng

I decided to do 4 pulls (against better judgment) and got:

3 star Zoro
3 star Golden Week
3 star Mr. 3
4 star Marco

Have all of them already, but I guess Marco can be used as a chance for skill up. I've used up all my luck from the previous Sugofest lol.

Congrats on the Boa and Whitebeard guys!

Hisoka

Let us be thirsty together, my friend.

mjbWBCY.jpg

Do eeeeeht!
don't do it

I decided to do 4 pulls (against better judgment) and got:

3 star Zoro
3 star Golden Week
3 star Mr. 3
4 star Marco

Have all of them already, but I guess Marco can be used as a chance for skill up. I've used up all my luck from the previous Sugofest lol.

Congrats on the Boa and Whitebeard guys!

Y'all with your Marco dupes. Le me sitting on his 30 skillbooks forever.

bjork

Just said to hell with it and blew through my gems.

Unevolved Hatchan
Unevolved Hawkins
Red Chopper
Base Usopp
Evolved Kuro
Unevolved Capone
Man Demon Gin
Unevolved Vista
Unevolved Hatchan
Unevolved Krieg
Unevolved Killer
Unevolved Fossa
Evolved Ace
Unevolved Miss Goldenweek
Evolved Mr. 3
Base Luffy
Base Zoro
Evolved Fossa
Evolved Kuma

Only bolds were new for me. Fed the dupes and got a skill up on Killer and Hawkins. Kuma looks like a good unit and Fossa seems like he's okay, but I have G3 already so idk. All I want is a Rayleigh, but I can clear stuff reliably as it is so I guess I can't bitch too much.

RalchAC

I've got Kiiiiiiid!!!! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

Yeah, I know he isn't a Legend but I really wanted him lol.

My third pull gave me another Kuro. That means I must stop.

bjork

I've got Kiiiiiiid!!!! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

Yeah, I know he isn't a Legend but I really wanted him lol.

My third pull gave me another Kuro. That means I must stop.

Kid is really good for Perona. I hadn't used him much until this fortnight, but you can build a pretty decent team around him and take it to her.

daydream

Banned
if someone could break down what purpose the different non-human drops serve, that would be very appreciated

like, crabs are pretty much only good for evolving, same for seahorses(?), while turtles give loads of exp., am i getting that right? what are pigs and dragons good for?

if someone could break down what purpose the different non-human drops serve, that would be very appreciated

like, crabs are pretty much only good for evolving, same for seahorses(?), while turtles give loads of exp., am i getting that right? what are pigs and dragons good for?

Pigs + two baby turtles evolve into a solid exp giver. (currently the best one after elder turtles)

Crabs are evolvers for slightly rarer units. crabs, lobsters and dragons are used to evolve most stronger units.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Pigs = Exp Fodder once evolved via baby turtles +crabs/baby seahorses/penguins
Dragons = evo materials

daydream

Banned
Pigs + two baby turtles evolve into a solid exp giver. (currently the best one after elder turtles)

Crabs are evolvers for slightly rarer units. crabs, lobsters and dragons are used to evolve most stronger units.

Pigs = Exp Fodder once evolved via baby turtles +crabs/baby seahorses/penguins
Dragons = evo materials

ah, thanks a bunch! wouldn't have figured out that evolving the pigs was the way to go. so it's pretty much safe to just go ahead and use turtles for leveling up, yeah?

ah, thanks a bunch! wouldn't have figured out that evolving the pigs was the way to go. so it's pretty much safe to just go ahead and use turtles for leveling up, yeah?

Baby turtles are best to save up for pigs, unless you have so many that it's cramming your box.

(Like during turtle time I get so many babies that my box is just crammed full; I spend em as exp fodder in that case.)

Teen turtles are only good for exp fodder.

bjork

I've been using Kid for Perona and it's been cake!

Definitely. Even low-level ones can do it with little trouble. I actually had trouble clearing her with a slasher team, but a striker team was the way to go.

Crabs and dragons can be good in a team if you're trying to use a Vivi+Laboon team to get good ATK with a low HP. Lobsters too, iirc? But aside from that, they're evo materials and that's about it.

Decided to do 5 pulls this sugo:

1) Vista 5* (SWEET)
2) Chopper
3) Vista 4* (Welp)
4) Hatchan
5) Ace 4* (SWEET)

Overall, I'm pretty happy with that haul. I've wanted an Ace since I started the game, so I'm very happy with that, even if he isn't as valuable as he used to be.

With my Vista pull, I now have a 2x HP/2x ATK captain for every single color. Vista (INT), Kuma (STR), Ashura Zoro (DEX), Jozu (QCK), and Garp (PSY). MY BULKINESS SHALL REIGN SUPREME!!

Heng

Y'all with your Marco dupes. Le me sitting on his 30 skillbooks forever.
The worst thing about it is this is my third Marco. I leveled and evolved my first one and the day after when Sugofest started, I pulled a 5 star Marco. I didn't even get a skill up from him, and I think I stopped playing when his skill books were available. I'm still happy I got him though.

bjork

I wish you could trade back a dupe RR and at least get that rarity again, or maybe trade them for a guaranteed level up on one of your ships or something. Or make it trade 3 back for 1 pull or something. It seems such a waste to throw a level 5 RR away, whether it's selling it or using it to get a minuscule amount of XP and no skill up.

I guess it's kinda like awakenings in PAD, from what I can gather from the blog.

http://optc-guide.com/2015/07/22/special-abilities-initial-thoughts-and-general-review/

I'm still trying to understand it myself.

I was reading that..

If I remember the basic logistics, the skills don't activate until your combined teammembers have the points required for it. (e.g. 5 points spread through your team = you get level 1 defence, but you get nothing if there's only 4 points in your team)

What I don't remember is if you're guaranteed 1 AP every time you merge clones, or if it's luck like skillbooks.

If it's luck-based, good luck on the 6 stars lol.

Majukun

waay too much till special abilities come to global for me..if we had unlimited space in the storage ,sure..but as it stands now,i'll pass

Heng

I was reading that..

If I remember the basic logistics, the skills don't activate until your combined teammembers have the points required for it. (e.g. 5 points spread through your team = you get level 1 defence, but you get nothing if there's only 4 points in your team)

What I don't remember is if you're guaranteed 1 AP every time you merge clones, or if it's luck like skillbooks.

If it's luck-based, good luck on the 6 stars lol.
This is all speculation from watching other people play the Japanese version but here's how I think it works:

You get 1 for every clone you feed them, which includes the same characters but different version. You could feed a G3 Luffy a G2 Luffy and get a point that's a random point. The thing is that if you do not choose to keep that skill, it will be erased. Each characters have a certain amount of slot they can have, and in order to activate you need to have 5 of them although I'm not sure if it'll work across your party if you have less than 5. You can also deselect one that you've previously kept in exchange for a new one.

For the 6 stars, there are slot books similar to skill books.

Can you change the abilities, or are you locked into them once you decide? It would be a nice strategy change of pace if you can change, but it could be pretty burdensome if you are locked into your first choice.

This is all speculation from watching other people play the Japanese version but here's how I think it works:

You get 1 for every clone you feed them, which includes the same characters but different version. You could feed a G3 Luffy a G2 Luffy and get a point that's a random point. The thing is that if you do not choose to keep that skill, it will be erased. Each characters have a certain amount of slot they can have, and in order to activate you need to have 5 of them although I'm not sure if it'll work across your party if you have less than 5. You can also deselect one that you've previously kept in exchange for a new one.

For the 6 stars, there are slot books similar to skill books.

So the ability point you get is random, but you can delete it whenever to make room for new ones if you're unsatisfied. Am I getting that right?

bjork

I'm curious to see how this works. In PAD, you can see what the awakenings will be on a character, then they seem to just unlock in vertical order, descending. If OP is where a guy has ones you can see but they unlock randomly and level, that's a goose chase I can't see myself going on unless it makes someone essential 90% of the time like GP Usopp.

Spent 50 bucks this Sugo and I couldn't be more pleased. All of the following are new.

Kidd 5*
Nemule 4*
Ace 5*
Jozu 4*
Pell 4*
Marco 4*
Urouge 4*
Vista 5*
RAYLEIGH YEAAAAH

I still have 30 gems left but after Rayleigh I think I'm done. Rest go to turtles lol

bjork

I'm almost tempted to throw some more money at this to shoot for Rayleigh, but what are the odds that he'd actually show up?

Heng

Can you change the abilities, or are you locked into them once you decide? It would be a nice strategy change of pace if you can change, but it could be pretty burdensome if you are locked into your first choice.
You can change them after you lock it in but it seems like you have to feed at least 1 clone to bring up the menu. Once you've deselect it, you lose all the points in the skill you've deselected.
So the ability point you get is random, but you can delete it whenever to make room for new ones if you're unsatisfied. Am I getting that right?
Yes, so if you unlock 2 different skill and one of them is not very good, you can deselect it once you've unlocked a better skill.
I'm almost tempted to throw some more money at this to shoot for Rayleigh, but what are the odds that he'd actually show up?
Not very high. There's going to be plenty of Sugofest, you might as well wait until the Sugofest lines up with a int up event.

Definitely wait.

I took a big gamble with this one because outside of Namule I already own every single DEX character so the rate up was a death sentence for me. Luckily my gamble paid off, and huge at that. I'm set for a very long time.

RedBoot

Did one more pull this morning (as is my custom) and got Rakuyo. Actually a solid pickup, seeing as how Urogue is my current best Striker lead.

Ridiculously good sugo for me this time, makes up for the mediocre pulls I've gotten in the last two. Also, after getting Marco and Rakuyo this time, I realized the only RR PSY unit I'm missing is Bonney (well, and Sengoku). I can build pretty much any PSY team at this point.

Of course, now I need to wait for the next opportunity to farm Marco books...

bjork

You know, sometimes when you do something stupid, you don't even realize it until much later. But other times, life is kind and shits right in your mouth to teach you that you did a dumb thing.

$25 was 7 pulls
Kuroobi
base Smoker
...five miss goldenweeks.

I even predicted this

I said I wouldn't pull unless they upped the box and they did, so I'm pulling for as many miss goldenweeks as it will give me

What a dumbass. I am for sure sitting out sugos until they align with an INT up. Can't be mad because I did it to myself, but holy cats.

Colors trap.

RalchAC

Well, me QCK team now doesn't totally sucks. Got Ace, Hina and Kaku to level 70 and Lucci and Killer to level 65. Did 20 runs and only spent one gem (since I got a level up and I have 104 stamina!)

What a dumbass. I am for sure sitting out sugos until they align with an INT up. Can't be mad because I did it to myself, but holy cats.

Colors trap.

You should have seen that you luck had ended when you pulled the first Miss Goldenweek. Each of us probably has a "cursed character". Mine is totally Kuro. Whenever I pull him, I know it's the moment to stop.

Maybe you should do that too :p

Did one more pull this morning (as is my custom) and got Rakuyo. Actually a solid pickup, seeing as how Urogue is my current best Striker lead.

Ridiculously good sugo for me this time, makes up for the mediocre pulls I've gotten in the last two. Also, after getting Marco and Rakuyo this time, I realized the only RR PSY unit I'm missing is Bonney (well, and Sengoku). I can build pretty much any PSY team at this point.

Of course, now I need to wait for the next opportunity to farm Marco books...

If you have / manage to max Garp before Zephyr you'll be able to kill him in 3 turns. Which would be really cool for farming him.

RedBoot

If you have / manage to max Garp before Zephyr you'll be able to kill him in 3 turns. Which would be really cool for farming him.

Skill max? Nope, I think my Garp's at lv3. Didn't have the gems to spare when he was here last time.

What's the team makeup, though? I might be ready by the 2nd or 3rd time Zephyr comes by.

Top Bottom