• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Finished first quick turtle time
,didn't knew we had so many Apo users on GAF... Helped a lot.

Got a bunch of Elders this time so this already worked better than red Turtles.

RalchAC

I decided to use my Mihawk since I didn't have a better dex captain but he is awesome. With Zoro and the Mihawks (All over 1200 attack) I was able to kill the Elder with a matching orb.

So everything will be Monster Chopper. Nice.

Tidd

Can we expect a Zephyr announcement when the Sugofest ends? It definitely would make sense but who knows...

I think my MC is only like level 21 or something. Maybe I'll set up Blamenco or this Fossa for people.

As long as your MC is evolved it doesn't matter. The 3x multiplier is what counts. What am I talking about, even an unevolved one is the best strength captain we have right now. (excluding WB and G3 but these 2 aren't for str characters only)

Can we expect a Zephyr announcement when the Sugofest ends? It definitely would make sense but who knows...

Seriously. I finished up my guide over a month ago now. The fact that it has been pushed back so far, means that there are a "bunch" of new units that I really need to try to factor into my suggested teams.

If only life wasn't so busy...

bjork

As long as your MC is evolved it doesn't matter. The 3x multiplier is what counts. What am I talking about, even an unevolved one is the best strength captain we have right now. (excluding WB and G3 but these 2 aren't for str characters only)

I guess I can put that up, then. I won't be able to play much tomorrow so I may as well try to help some people if they need it.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I decided to use my Mihawk since I didn't have a better dex captain but he is awesome. With Zoro and the Mihawks (All over 1200 attack) I was able to kill the Elder with a matching orb.

So everything will be Monster Chopper. Nice.
Yeah Mihawk ofc is great as well since everyone has him and Asura Zoro.
Oh okay tomorrow i expect my FL to be full of MCs - i think i will concentrate on getting the 1 Mio exp to evolve Smoker to his Biker version...the rest will be for Law xD
Seriously. I finished up my guide over a month ago now. The fact that it has been pushed back so far, means that there are a "bunch" of new units that I really need to try to factor into my suggested teams.

If only life wasn't so busy...

Can you post a link to your Guide again ? Its been a while...i know my Zephyr team was more or less finished but i might level the subs a bit more depending on what is needed.

Kumo

I think it was from that one sugo where we were all trying to pull for Rayleigh. Instead we all got Apoo.

Heng

Which QCK captain is worthy of more EXP: Jozu or Ace? Trying to decide which captain to dump these blue turtles on.
I've seen Jozu in a lot of teams against Doflamingo but that's because of his special and not his health or attack power. Also, is it possible to kill Zephyr without Mr. 2? I'm thinking of using Mirage Nami and maybe that'll buy me enough time to kill him. Btw Clogger, that's a pretty cool site you have there, I'm definitely going to use it a lot more. The blog is kind of meh tbh, I only use it to find characters but it's so laggy and it looks like a mess on my phone.

The optc blog is what I meant.

StMeph

didn't knew we had so many Apo users on GAF... Helped a lot.

Yeah seriously. Pleasantly surprised to see so many Apoo available.

Edit: originally planned on leveling Killer and Jozu, but pulling unevolved Thatch kind of shot him up the priority list. Evo'ed and 44 now. Going to wait until the 2nd cycle later tonight to try to get him up to a decent level.

I got Apoo & Law today, But Apoo's worse than Law until I evolve him ... which will take a while as I barely got the materials nor the turtles.

Focusing on Law first as he's got use outside of turtle time as well.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I maxed Jozu, officially completing my Doflamingo 60-Stamina team. I got Jinbe to level 55. I dunno if I'll max him tonight, but I'll get damn close. Thinking about maybe pouring those turtles into Kaku, but my fighter fetish won't let me.

Verelios

Hoooooly shit, 12 runs 1 elder, 14 teens and a whole buncha babies. Fell asleep halfway through a TT game, but fuck it.

RNG already said I wasn't getting shit this time. That one elder came from a lone stage elder too!

Mazre

Did two more yolo's, bad habit of mine during Sugos.

Balloon Luffy (dup)
Vista (YUS)

Final haul of note:
Blamenco 4*
Jozu 5*
Vista 4*

Did 8 pulls and only had one silver poster this time, if the dups had been new for me this would've been an absolutely insane sugo for me.

chrono01

I've got Kiiiiiiid!!!! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

Yeah, I know he isn't a Legend but I really wanted him lol.

My third pull gave me another Kuro. That means I must stop.
Congrats. I still want Kid, but I'm not about to pull for him, not with the DEX rate-up event [I have enough DEX units!].

Decided to do 5 pulls this sugo:

1) Vista 5* (SWEET)
2) Chopper
3) Vista 4* (Welp)
4) Hatchan
5) Ace 4* (SWEET)

Overall, I'm pretty happy with that haul. I've wanted an Ace since I started the game, so I'm very happy with that, even if he isn't as valuable as he used to be.

With my Vista pull, I now have a 2x HP/2x ATK captain for every single color. Vista (INT), Kuma (STR), Ashura Zoro (DEX), Jozu (QCK), and Garp (PSY). MY BULKINESS SHALL REIGN SUPREME!!
Congrats on those pulls! Vista and Ace are great, two solid Captains in both aspects. You did good.

I'm just saving my dupes for when special abilities come to global.
Same here.

Spent 50 bucks this Sugo and I couldn't be more pleased. All of the following are new.

Kidd 5*
Nemule 4*
Ace 5*
Jozu 4*
Pell 4*
Marco 4*
Urouge 4*
Vista 5*
RAYLEIGH YEAAAAH

I still have 30 gems left but after Rayleigh I think I'm done. Rest go to turtles lol
\o/

I'm not sure how many times you pulled [I'm afraid to ask], but those are some amazing units. Nice to see another Rayleigh user here.

I'm almost tempted to throw some more money at this to shoot for Rayleigh, but what are the odds that he'd actually show up?
Never pull solely for Legend units. It'll just end in heartbreak. ;_;

Is Thatch rare / any good? Got him in Sugo but never seen him before.
Yeah, Thatch is a great 3x Captain for STR turtle times. He's the only 3x QCK Captain in Global currently [as far as I know?].

Damn, I forgot to put my Apoo up, I used Law instead. :/

I switched him out for Apoo for the rest of the turtle times today!

Heng

You know, I really underestimated Kidd as a captain. I didn't think I would ever use him, but Perona Island showed me how well a striker team holds up to a slasher team. With Blamenco, Alvida, and Kraken, you pretty much guaranteed high damage, and paired with Kaku makes it even better. I think I prefer using this team over my slasher team, but that's probably because I've played with them too much.

chrono01

You know, I really underestimated Kidd as a captain. I didn't think I would ever use him, but Perona Island showed me how well a striker team holds up to a slasher team. With Blamenco, Alvida, and Kraken, you pretty much guaranteed high damage, and paired with Kaku makes it even better. I think I prefer using this team over my slasher team, but that's probably because I've played with them too much.
More variety is definitely a good thing. Using the same team for everything [Mihawk/Slasher] can get boring. :(

Adeptrain

I'm actually out of Belis!! I only started three weeks ago, but I always had a lot of Belis. But these turtle times ate my supply up! But I need to use my turtles, but I don't have the gold and I'm running out of space! How do I make money fast without selling the baby turtles?

RedBoot

More variety is definitely a good thing. Using the same team for everything [Mihawk/Slasher] can get boring. :(

Yeah, making rainbow teams based on the classes is a lot of fun, I think. Can't wait for Zephyr to finally make Shooters relevant. Perona and next week's Absalom are solid Shooter units, and Kuma and Curiel from recent sugos are as well. And of course Strong World will bring us more.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Which QCK captain is worthy of more EXP: Jozu or Ace? Trying to decide which captain to dump these blue turtles on.

Ace doesn't really need to be at a high level to be effective, because the focus is on his Captain skill. He is usually used in 2.5x burst teams, and because of his mediocre attack stat, other big QCK units will be providing the damage. He has a lot of HP, but that's not really all that important in a burst team, where damage is king.

Jozu is often viable on the same fortnights where you use Ace, taking a drawn-out approach instead of the burst. His special, however, makes him a very crucial sub. Against most any DEX boss, Jozu affords an extra turn or more. He is at his best in the Monster Chopper Doflamingo team, where he buys two extra turns--one from his special, and one by providing the HP boost to tank one Alvida-reduced hit from Doflamingo. Jozu at 70 or 80 is enough to complement a near-max MC, if you're going that route to farm Doffy.

If it were me, I'd just split the XP between them both. Ace and Jozu both at 70 provides more flexibility than one at 90 and the other at 50. If you're only able to get one of them above 60 or so, though, I'd pick Jozu.

Heng

I literally played Forest Training: Mihawk about 100 times these past 2 weeks and I finally beat it!!!!!
Congrats!

Is Lucci worth using my turtle on? I only did his island once since I had no box space at the time. I have Jozu, Capone, Hina, Killer, and Kaku. He doesn't seem that great tbh (I know he's the strongest quick slasher in the game but I could run a striker team with stronger quick unit, Killer).

\o/

I'm not sure how many times you pulled [I'm afraid to ask], but those are some amazing units. Nice to see another Rayleigh user here.

After a real, real bad last Sugo this was a breath of fresh air. I only spent that $50 and the 20 free gems I had from various nonsense and saving.

Maxed my Killer, Jozu, and Lucci today and got my evolved Capone to 50 and Kaku to 80.

I really hope this FP event pays out in robber penguins and sea ponies because all the multi colored turtles and free keys has made the pig greed real.

Ace doesn't really need to be at a high level to be effective, because the focus is on his Captain skill. He is usually used in 2.5x burst teams, and because of his mediocre attack stat, other big QCK units will be providing the damage. He has a lot of HP, but that's not really all that important in a burst team, where damage is king.

Jozu is often viable on the same fortnights where you use Ace, taking a drawn-out approach instead of the burst. His special, however, makes him a very crucial sub. Against most any DEX boss, Jozu affords an extra turn or more. He is at his best in the Monster Chopper Doflamingo team, where he buys two extra turns--one from his special, and one by providing the HP boost to tank one Alvida-reduced hit from Doflamingo. Jozu at 70 or 80 is enough to complement a near-max MC, if you're going that route to farm Doffy.

If it were me, I'd just split the XP between them both. Ace and Jozu both at 70 provides more flexibility than one at 90 and the other at 50. If you're only able to get one of them above 60 or so, though, I'd pick Jozu.
Yeah I ended up feeding my Jozu the most out of the two. Didn't notice Ace's low stat gain. Jozu ended up at 70 and Ace close to 50. I'll leave ace be there and leave any future blue turtles to Jozu and Killer. (When I could get a damn blue lobster for him..jeez.)

Thanks for the insight. :)

RalchAC

Next island has Killer and DJ Sanji books. Yeees!

Yeah, same here. Plus Striker has some really cool characters like Kid or Killer too. And the orb boost works really well for bosses with not so much HP like the ones in Fortnights. And they'll be even better when Aokiji launches in a 1000 years.

Congrats!

Is Lucci worth using my turtle on? I only did his island once since I had no box space at the time. I have Jozu, Capone, Hina, Killer, and Kaku. He doesn't seem that great tbh (I know he's the strongest quick slasher in the game but I could run a striker team with stronger quick unit, Killer).

Well, it depends. I mean, the Strikers might work quite well in Fortnights, but they still lack what really makes Mihawk teams reliable despite doing much less damage than Legends: Mihawks' special.

Next STR boss is Blackbeard. Give a look to a guide about him and see if you want to make a pure QCK team, a Slasher team, or if a Striker team does work.

Anyway, he is quite good even if you keep him at 70 for a while. That's just 1 million HP

I give up predicting when Zephyr will come around lol maybe namco forgot and we won't get any new raid bosses?

I wonder how long are the planning to delay a new raid boss. People is going to get tired of waiting sooner rather than later.

Thank you FP event for giving me a 2nd rainbow penguin so I can use it to evolve Law and still have the material I need to evolve Zephyr, should he ever come to global. And right before the green turtle event. How convenient.

Maxed my unevolved brand new Ace, now I have to wait for a rainbow penguin to evolve him.

(In fact I need like 3-4 rainbow penguins for the new crew mates I got)

Majukun

don't understand why people complain if the raid bosses are postponed... The later they arrive, the better prepared we are to farm them...

The things I want the most atm is a skill up event because I hoarded a whole lot of skillbooks... luckily apart from trying to max up DJ sanji for the turtle times as a second cannon other than full-bodied, there doesn't seem to be any good skillbooks in the coming event for me
by the way, I have 4 decent DEX unit non maxed, perona, paulie, Khalifa and Asura Zoro.. who should get today's turtle?is Asura Zoro still considered a good DEX unit? I can't find an updated tier list

Don't be excited! This is the worst fortnight ever... It's so annoying because of the blind effect.

Also, it's a good idea to pick a Baroque Works Polearm Million for the Absalom fight since he changes all your orbs to TND at one point and the Million (or Billion if you care to evolve him) converts TND orbs to QCK. The other option would be to run Lulu and Ms. Valentine to convert the TND orbs to meat and then to QCK if you're okay with having two weaker units instead of one. Fortunately, the polearm million has a chance to drop on one of the Perona stages if you don't want to farm for him, not that he's hard to come by anyway.

don't understand why people complain if the raid bosses are postponed... The later they arrive, the better prepared we are to farm them...

The things I want the most atm is a skill up event because I hoarded a whole lot of skillbooks... luckily apart from trying to max up DJ sanji for the turtle times as a second cannon other than full-bodied, there doesn't seem to be any good skillbooks in the coming event for me

I'm okay with Zephyr not coming so long as he shows up before the next Skill-up event in a few weeks. Even better if he shows up during it.

The only problem with preparing for a raid boss is that skill levels take precedence over character levels in many raid boss situations. Character levels can come from many sources but opportunities to level up skills for particular characters may only come by once every few months making the wait for a raid bosses arrival in that time span irrelevant.

Majukun

Also, it's a good idea to pick a Baroque Works Polearm Million for the Absalom fight since he changes all your orbs to TND at one point and the Million (or Billion if you care to evolve him) converts TND orbs to QCK. The other option would be to run Lulu and Ms. Valentine to convert the TND orbs to meat and then to QCK if you're okay with having two weaker units instead of one. Fortunately, the polearm million has a chance to drop on one of the Perona stages if you don't want to farm for him, not that he's hard to come by anyway.

I'm okay with Zephyr not coming so long as he shows up before the next Skill-up event in a few weeks. Even better if he shows up during it.
Oh that would be really good, but I don't know if Namco is that benevolent...

i repeat my question added with the edit.. perona, Asura Zoro, paulie, Khalifa.. Who should get the turtles this time? I already have maxed both mihawk and biker smoker

EDIT:by the way evolvers with friend points is awesome.. got rainbow penguin and a pirate one with the first 10 pulls..

Oh that would be really good, but I don't know if Namco is that benevolent...

i repeat my question added with the edit.. perona, Asura Zoro, paulie, Khalifa.. Who should get the turtles this time? I already have maxed both mihawk and biker smoker

If you're planning on farming Ivankov, I'd say Asura Zoro since he's the hardest hitting dex unit in the game right now. The only exception being if you don't have an Apoo in which case you'd probably run a G3 with Kalifa and Izo (only both their cooldowns must be 18 or lower) for Ivankov. There's also a F2P Zoro team using both Smoker and Guard Point Chopper with the only condition being that their cooldowns need to be 18 and 21.

Aside from that, Paulie with always be useful as will Perona. I'm just going to hold off on feeding Perona too many turtles because I have a load of her copies to feed her evolved version and I can't really gauge how much experience that will be good for and I'm too lazy to do the math.

Majukun

If you're planning on farming Ivankov, I'd say Asura Zoro since he's the hardest hitting dex unit in the game right now. The only exception being if you don't have an Apoo in which case you'd probably run a G3 with Kalifa and Izo (only both their cooldowns must be 18 or lower) for Ivankov. There's also a F2P Zoro team using both Smoker and Guard Point Chopper with the only condition being that their cooldowns need to be 18 and 21.

Aside from that, Paulie with always be useful as will Perona. I'm just going to hold off on feeding Perona too many turtles because I have a load of her copies to feed her evolved version and I can't really gauge how much experience that will be good for and I'm too lazy to do the math.
by the sounds of it I can't farm ivankov since I don't have either apoo or izo

well we are still relatively far from his/her raid

by the sounds of it I can't farm ivankov since I don't have either apoo or izo

well we are still relatively far from his/her raid

There's a double Asura Zoro team that can do it, it just requires the Guard Point Chopper and Smoker levels I mentioned in the previous post, along with GH Usopp and Mihawk. GP Chopper's book drops on Abasolom's fortnight and Smoker's fortnight shoudl be back in a month and a half so you still have options.

Top Bottom