• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Hisoka

I didn't believe any stories about it until this happened today

6nD51r2.jpg

Should try to hit the lottery.

RalchAC

Maxed the Coffin Ship guys!! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!

Maxed Mr3 too. Quite good stats for a unit that maxes at level 70.

I'm going to clic the snails lol. Maybe I still have some luck left :p

Heng

Maxed Mr3 too. Quite good stats for a unit that maxes at level 70.

I'm going to clic the snails lol. Maybe I still have some luck left :p
Wow congrats! And congrats to Hisoka on the very lucky 5 gem and William with the other max Mihawk ship. Also the luck extended to me as well:

Also I heard someone say the characters from story mode is available in friend pulls, does anyone know what he might be talking about?

Edit: he might have been referring to the Japan version, disregard that last bit if you're global only.

RalchAC

Wow congrats! And congrats to Hisoka on the very lucky 5 gem and William with the other max Mihawk ship. Also the luck extended to me as well:

Also I heard someone say the characters from story mode is available in friend pulls, does anyone know what he might be talking about?

Edit: he might have been referring to the Japan version, disregard that last bit if you're global only.

We got a bunch of the early characters in rare recruit a while ago, like Laboon, Miss Monday, Zeff and others. Japan recently got a similar event with Broggy, Doggy, Mr1 and other characters from the Grandline.

It's not a usual event, but it's there. I wouldn't stop farming important characters due to this event existing, but I wouldn't waste stamina on mediocre characters due to this.

So many Peronas, green pigs and multicolored turtles. That Super Success event needs to happen so I can use all these rainbow turtles up! D:

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I feel like 1/2 stamina is a sham for drops. :/
Been trying for Croc exclusively since release when 1/2 stamina was up and never got him. Within less than a week when 2x drop was active, I got 2 Crocs, Mr. 1 and Doublefinger.

chrono01

Finally. I wonder how many pulls it took for him to show up.
Congrats!

Finally, after 15 runs I got him! I can't decide whether to evolve him to his striker evolution or slasher. I have both Hawkins and Vista so they fill both role. I might try to get another one so I can have 2, or maybe try farming Mr. 2 again (although it feels pointless since he has a small chance to drop on the upcoming fort night).
Congrats to you too!

YESSS - after spending the day yesterday without luck i did get the Croc drop this morning. I had to leave the house for soccer and needed to burn stamina as fast as possible in like 10 minutes...so i just beat him on the first stage, exited the stage...and repeat the same like 8-9 times and got his drop lol.... cool.

quickmemo_2015-10-04-c1u2q.png
And finally, congrats to you as well! It's nice to see so many people get their Crocodile today.

Finally!!!! Lost track of how many cola I needed to finally max it haha
Congrats! I hope that's everyone here in this OT with their Going Merry max'd. If not, don't give up hope!

I didn't believe any stories about it until this happened today

Should try to hit the lottery.
Yeah, I've only received that once since they started. It was definitely a pleasant surprise.

I feel like 1/2 stamina is a sham for drops. :/
Been trying for Croc exclusively since release when 1/2 stamina was up and never got him. Within less than a week when 2x drop was active, I got 2 Crocs, Mr. 1 and Doublefinger.
Yeah, I don't bother with 1/2 stamina either, only the 2x drop. Speaking of, I got my second Croc today too! I made the mistake of evolving my previous one to the Striker version, but at least he'll be useful for Princess Turtle?

Edit I'm really happy for the Rayleigh EXP Event, but do I really need to listen to the dialogue more than once? :/

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Managed to finally get mihawks ship

And upgraded it fully (7 times without usopp appearing!)
Whenever you run out of cola is when Usopp will return to steal your soul.

1-hour color turtle times spoiled me. I don't feel like doing anything but that, so now that it's gone, I don't feel like it! Gah. I don't even have Absalom yet.

daydream

Banned
finally got the right sea horse to evolve luffy

question: i have a lot of ability cards and stuff like hp up. how should i go about using it exactly? i assume there's no point in switching someone's ability to something that doesn't suit them. should i be conservative with the stat increases?

bjork

finally got the right sea horse to evolve luffy

question: i have a lot of ability cards and stuff like hp up. how should i go about using it exactly? i assume there's no point in switching someone's ability to something that doesn't suit them. should i be conservative with the stat increases?

For your skill books, you feed it to the corresponding character and it's 5000 exp and a chance at leveling up their special attack. If you feed it to anyone else, even a different version of the same character (ie, a Ballon Luffy skillbook being fed to a Gear 2 Luffy), it won't level their special and is just worth the 5000 exp.

The only exception here is if a special move has the exact same name, I believe you can use different characters to level the specials. For example, Johnny and Gaimon have the same special, so I think you could use Gaimon's books to level Johnny's special or vice versa. I haven't tried this myself, so maybe someone else will chime in.

As for the HP Up, do you mean the cotton candy? Different people seem to use them for different reasons, reading around. I use the ATK Up ones on G3 Luffy, but there might be a better use for them depending on the team you run. But the units you would want to use cotton candy on is probably a short list of higher-tier characters.

daydream

Banned
For your skill books, you feed it to the corresponding character and it's 5000 exp and a chance at leveling up their special attack. If you feed it to anyone else, even a different version of the same character (ie, a Ballon Luffy skillbook being fed to a Gear 2 Luffy), it won't level their special and is just worth the 5000 exp.

The only exception here is if a special move has the exact same name, I believe you can use different characters to level the specials. For example, Johnny and Gaimon have the same special, so I think you could use Gaimon's books to level Johnny's special or vice versa. I haven't tried this myself, so maybe someone else will chime in.

As for the HP Up, do you mean the cotton candy? Different people seem to use them for different reasons, reading around. I use the ATK Up ones on G3 Luffy, but there might be a better use for them depending on the team you run. But the units you would want to use cotton candy on is probably a short list of higher-tier characters.

oh, i see. for some reason i thought the skill books could change someone's skill but how it actually works makes more sense, thanks! yeah, i was referring to the cotton candy. apparently the cap is at +200 so that's good to know.

a quick, kinda related follow-up question: balloon luffy is a separate character to catch/evolve, is that right?

bjork

oh, i see. for some reason i thought the skill books could change someone's skill but how it actually works makes more sense, thanks! yeah, i was referring to the cotton candy. apparently the cap is at +200 so that's good to know.

a quick, kinda related follow-up question: balloon luffy is a separate character to catch/evolve, is that right?

Yeah. Base Luffy can be evolved up to Gear 2, then that's it. When the V2 Straw Hats came out, the Luffy in that batch is Balloon Luffy, who can be evolved into Gear 3. Oh, and V2s are rare recruit-only, as far as I know.

Whenever you run out of cola is when Usopp will return to steal your soul.

1-hour color turtle times spoiled me. I don't feel like doing anything but that, so now that it's gone, I don't feel like it! Gah. I don't even have Absalom yet.

i had about 250 cola saved up as i couldn't get through his island and once i did managed to get the ship to lvl 7 before usuopp appeared (and that he did a fair few times at 20 cola a piece!)

Jayhawk

For cotton candy, the strategy is to dump them onto an evolver unit (favorite that specific evolver unit. so you don't use it during evolutions). Then when you're ready to feed the cotton candy to one of your powerhouses, you feed the evolver to that character and it will transfer over the stats and be cheaper in the long run. Feeding the cotton candies to the evolver now will also save you box space.

I have a blue robber penguin eating all the HP+ and RCV+ cotton candies for Boa Hancock to use eventually.

daydream

Banned
For cotton candy, the strategy is to dump them onto an evolver unit (favorite that specific evolver unit. so you don't use it during evolutions). Then when you're ready to feed the cotton candy to one of your powerhouses, you feed the evolver to that character and it will transfer over the stats and be cheaper in the long run. Feeding the cotton candies to the evolver now will also save you box space.

I have a blue robber penguin eating all the HP+ and RCV+ cotton candies for Boa Hancock to use eventually.

huh, that's a pretty handy trick, thanks!

Hisoka

Oh i didn't see we already moved a page.

Finally, after 15 runs I got him! I can't decide whether to evolve him to his striker evolution or slasher.

YESSS - after spending the day yesterday without luck i did get the Croc drop this morning. I had to leave the house for soccer and needed to burn stamina as fast as possible in like 10 minutes...so i just beat him on the first stage, exited the stage...and repeat the same like 8-9 times and got his drop lol.... cool.

Congrats on your Crocos! And definitely go for his slasher evo. I have both and the slasher is so much superior.
I didn't even know someone could drop him in the first stage lol..

a hahaha here we go again... now I'm stuck at Lv 9 of mihawk ship... of course I'll need 500 cola total for Lv 9 and >1000 for Lv 10..i'm Sure of it.
hate you so much right now... also, oh the irony.. the only character I got lately is, you guess it, Kureha (and the tyrannosaurus)

Oh the irony.. Still looking for her. Want to use the books from absolom fortnight.

I only had two fails from 8 to 9, but I haven't had the cola to try for level 10 yet. If it makes you feel any better, I just made my farm list:

- t-rex
- brontosaurus
- broggy
- dorry
- dalton
- chess
- kureha
- wapol
- sea cat
- sand crocodile thing (the purple thing)
- banana gator
- mister 4
- miss merry xmas
- mr 1
- miss doublefinger
- a 2nd croc for the slasher evo
- masira
- sarquiss
- bellamy
- shoujoi
- montblanc cricket

That'll probably be like 7000 runs to get everyone.

Awesome. I also want to complete the story charas. I had a bit more luck the last days. My next sugo will be cursed.

Finally!!!! Lost track of how many cola I needed to finally max it haha

When i finally thought everyones got it maxed.. Congrats! And now? Still someone left with no maxed Merry?

You need a badge for bad luck.. Next sugo will give you legends xD

Managed to finally get mihawks ship

And upgraded it fully (7 times without usopp appearing!)

Congrats!! Now your teams are prepared for most of the raids. :D hnngh!

Congrats to both of you! Sheesh.

Thanks! Didn't believe it. Bamco keeps to pull me back in xD

Thank you too.

And awesome.
Yeah, some charas will be available per friendrecruit later. But just during an event.

I can chime in. I used Johnnys to skill up my Broggy (maxed him already)
So keep all your Johnnys and guymons for Broggy and Dorry. :)

Team 0 and 5, we have to tap again! Still at University, count me in later.

Heng

I'm gold today, anyone want to tap? I have about 45 mins before my next class starts.

Edit: Nevermind, I guess I'll do it later.

Jayhawk

Any battles in this game that call for skill ups for Escapee Morgan and/or Helmeppo v2? Escapee Morgan's isles coming back, and Helmeppo v2 will be back in a month.

I know I want to max Hina's skill when she is back in a couple of weeks. Gotta max out my Boa Hancock team.

bjork

Any battles in this game that call for skill ups for Escapee Morgan and/or Helmeppo v2? Escapee Morgan's isles coming back, and Helmeppo v2 will be back in a month.

I know I want to max Hina's skill when she is back in a couple of weeks. Gotta max out my Boa Hancock team.

They're both bind breaks, so they're worth having up just for the sake of it, right? I needed Helmeppo V2 to pass the Mihawk Forest.

posting my crew just for the heck of it

i'm not really strategising much at all with the captain ability dictating the rest of the crew, but i'm only at arlong park, anyway

Are you feeding cola to the dinghy? Pump them into the Merry, at max level it gives 1.5X attack and it's enough to make a difference into some fights.

What does your box look like? You can make multiple crews to fit a bunch of situations, even lower level dudes might benefit from a captain boost depending on where they're at.

daydream

Banned
TAre you feeding cola to the dinghy? Pump them into the Merry, at max level it gives 1.5X attack and it's enough to make a difference into some fights.

What does your box look like? You can make multiple crews to fit a bunch of situations, even lower level dudes might benefit from a captain boost depending on where they're at.

yeah, i only got the merry recently so i'll level it up on the side till i get the attack benefit from it

box is sitting at 136/165. "noteable" characters i'm not using: arlong, pearl, tony tony chopper (guard point), sanji, higuma, cabin boy coby

story stuff has pretty much been a 'knife through butter' situation so far, so i haven't been switching it up except for those missions on the first two levels (do i have to unlock the rest of them or is that all that's in there, so far?)

Heng

yeah, i only got the merry recently so i'll level it up on the side till i get the attack benefit from it

box is sitting at 136/165. "noteable" characters i'm not using: arlong, pearl, tony tony chopper (guard point), sanji, higuma, cabin boy coby

story stuff has pretty much been a 'knife through butter' situation so far, so i haven't been switching it up except for those missions on the first two levels (do i have to unlock the rest of them or is that all that's in there, so far?)
I would say replace Luffy with Arlong. You already have 2 subs that are slashers. The rest of the missions will come in a future update, what you see now is the only thing in game atm.

Edit: I'm free for 40 mins til my next class, anyone want to do a friend game?

bjork

There's only the two sets of missions so far, yeah. Arlong is a great slasher captain, when things get a bit tougher later. I would guess Loguetown is when it would get slightly tougher, but with your units leveled as they are, maybe even Loguetown won't post much challenge, heh.

Majukun

I would say replace Luffy with Arlong. You already have 2 subs that are slashers. The rest of the missions will come in a future update, what you see now is the only thing in game atm.

Edit: I'm free for 40 mins til my next class, anyone want to do a friend game?

are you still there for a tap?

Jumping on the bandwagon to vote for Arlong as well. He was my starter captain when I first started playing the game and he is STILL the strongest member of my Slasher team. He's hands down the best unit of all the ones that you listed.

daydream

Banned

There's only the two sets of missions so far, yeah. Arlong is a great slasher captain, when things get a bit tougher later. I would guess Loguetown is when it would get slightly tougher, but with your units leveled as they are, maybe even Loguetown won't post much challenge, heh.

Jumping on the bandwagon to vote for Arlong as well. He was my starter captain when I first started playing the game and he is STILL the strongest member of my Slasher team. He's hands down the best unit of all the ones that you listed.

ok cool, gonna level arlong on the side, then

also not feeling nami tbh, her ability is really only useful in one particular circumstance so maybe i'll sub arlong in for her and just put her back in when i need her

Heng

ok cool, gonna level arlong on the side, then

also not feeling nami tbh, her ability is really only useful in one particular circumstance so maybe i'll sub arlong in for her and just put her back in when i need her
That works too, but make sure Arlong is your captain.

got keys,thanks...
hisoka are tyou still there?

by the way..3 tries left (2 counting hisoka's one)..come on guys let's tap
I just realized that this is the first time you haven't given me beli lol.

Going to tap with you Zeke.

Got keys, I wish I could have given you the same thing Zeke. I'm going to head to class now, hopefully I catch Hisoka and Chrono later tonight.

Hisoka

i'0m tapping but still an't find ya..i'll keep trying..i found the tohers so it doesn't seem to be my problem

EDIT:finally,got cola

last try guys..nyone i haven't tapped with yet?

Cola too, thanks! Yeah seems to have been an issue on my side.

Thanks, got keys zeke.

Oh ok see you later Heng.

Top Bottom