• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Dandte

Ooh, good thing you reminded me. I had totally forgotten about base Morgan, I need to do that right now so it's done.

Do you need him as your captain? Iirc you can use a friend morgan. If soall of you can use mine for free ^^

Now btt. I will receive my new phone in a few days which means i will switch to ios. I will have around 15 fruits with a max increased box. Should i yolo pulls 3 times (don't have thatch, jinbe or capone) or should i restore stamina?

Hisoka

Do you need him as your captain? Iirc you can use a friend morgan. If soall of you can use mine for free ^^

Now btt. I will receive my new phone in a few days which means i will switch to ios. I will have around 15 fruits with a max increased box. Should i yolo pulls 3 times (don't have thatch, jinbe or capone) or should i restore stamina?

Absolom isn't worth the restore.
Unless you wouldn't need to farm a specific story chara, i would do some yolo pulls.

y u switch to ios? Did you see what they get in comparison? XD

bjork

I meant to get a duplicate when I evolved the last one I had.

I would yolo, but that's me. I'm missing a ton of newer RR dudes.

In other news, my box was full so I powered some dudes up, including finally maxing my G3 Luffy. That took ages.

Jayhawk

If you can delay switching over the game to your new phone, wait to use some of your gems on turtle isle on Monday.

linkent

That's pretty rough. The only thing I can think of in that case is they're saying the cause of damage isn't covered by the warranty?
They are saying that the internal touch screen are damaged, which they say are caused by accidental occassion and it isnt covered by warranty.
i am fine with that since it is really fragile i should have place it somewhere safe, dunno how it got damaged.
Problem is
I brought the phone in, they ask for few days to review the problem.
Few days later, They quoted me the price for the repair, would not repair it till i pay on spot. So i traveled again(live in Indonesia to travel to Singapore by boat) and queued for 4 hours to pay that fee.
Now they are saying they cant repair it, ask for exchange instead, will not return my phone today and ask me to come back 2 days later.
Which mean i have traveled 3x to not get my phone repaired, and need to travel another time to get back my unrepaired phone.
Totally crazy.

Have feedback with Apple in Australia and they are really understanding, hope to get some good news..

Dandte

Absolom isn't worth the restore.
Unless you wouldn't need to farm a specific story chara, i would do some yolo pulls.

y u switch to ios? Did you see what they get in comparison? XD
My Croco won't drop anyway >.>
we now have fancy live photos :(
I meant to get a duplicate when I evolved the last one I had.

I would yolo, but that's me. I'm missing a ton of newer RR dudes.

In other news, my box was full so I powered some dudes up, including finally maxing my G3 Luffy. That took ages.
I swear i will yolo pull and get my 4th G3 Luffy -.-
If you can delay switching over the game to your new phone, wait to use some of your gems on turtle isle on Monday.
Sadly i won't have time for Turtle Monday.
Looks like i have to yolo pull, except they announce a surprise return of mc...pls bamco

RalchAC

I've done 6 runs to Morgan, got zero 2* copies. We need one for a mission. Why!?

If we don't get a new raid boss soon I'm going to get bored, I swear. They should try to shorten the distance between bosses, not increase it. At this rate I'll have a team for everything the JP version has to offer without having beaten fucking Zephyr.

I can't be alone here. I want to feel the excitement again. Sugofest isn't that exciting when you go thinking: well, whatever, I'm set for the next 12 months anyway.

My Croco won't drop anyway >.>
we now have fancy live photos :(

I swear i will yolo pull and get my 4th G3 Luffy -.-

Sadly i won't have time for Turtle Monday.
Looks like i have to yolo pull, except they announce a surprise return of mc...pls bamco

Come on, Dandte, don't say stuff like that when you know there is people like me without one.

Heng

lPeKKMp.jpg
Well this was interesting. I thought I was going to somehow get towel Nami (even though I know she's not obtainable through this island) but instead I got him.

bjork

It would be cool if they had some island where you could potentially farm older RR-only characters. Maybe as some anniversary celebration of the game's release or something.

Dandte

It would be cool if they had some island where you could potentially farm older RR-only characters. Maybe as some anniversary celebration of the game's release or something.
In the japanese Version they removed the grandline rr iirc. So this actually might happen in the Future.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I've done 6 runs to Morgan, got zero 2* copies. We need one for a mission. Why!?

If we don't get a new raid boss soon I'm going to get bored, I swear. They should try to shorten the distance between bosses, not increase it. At this rate I'll have a team for everything the JP version has to offer without having beaten fucking Zephyr.

I can't be alone here. I want to feel the excitement again. Sugofest isn't that exciting when you go thinking: well, whatever, I'm set for the next 12 months anyway.

Come on, Dandte, don't say stuff like that when you know there is people like me without one.
I'm in the same boat right now. Playing for turtle times and that's about it.

bjork

This is when you farm to complete the log, or start carrying multiple games. I have games of Puzzle & Dragons and Dokkan Battle to fill in the gaps.

ElChado

Neo Member
Well this was interesting. I thought I was going to somehow get towel Nami (even though I know she's not obtainable through this island) but instead I got him.

When you get this hidden final stage you want to keep nami alive and not target her, instead of attacking she gives you orbs or food.

Just curious, anyone have a list of which characters got new/different evolutions added later in the line?

I know, Morgan, Smoker & Croc all got another evo later, was curious if there's any others.

Heng

When you get this hidden final stage you want to keep nami alive and not target her, instead of attacking she gives you orbs or food.
Eh, is that the only reason to keep her alive? I usually finish this island with more than enough health. Good to know though.

Heng

I cleared about 110 spaces with the x2 super success rate and maybe 4 or 5 sets of 5 turtles/pigs gave me a super success. It doesn't seem like the 2x super success actually makes that much of a difference but at least I have room to farm again.

I used pigs and turtles one at a time with the super success rate increase and barely noticed a difference. ._.
Wow I admire your patience.

Jayhawk

I cleared about 110 spaces with the x2 super success rate and maybe 4 or 5 sets of 5 turtles/pigs gave me a super success. It doesn't seem like the 2x super success actually makes that much of a difference but at least I have room to farm again.

I used pigs and turtles one at a time with the super success rate increase and barely noticed a difference. ._.

Raxious

I have returned!!

After losing my account I was so pissed I stopped playing for a while. The fact I had already spent like 50 euros on that account wasn't helping either. However I heard about that Sugofest happening like 2 weeks ago and decided to start all over again. 3 rerolls later I got Whitebeard :D

chrono01

I have returned!!

After losing my account I was so pissed I stopped playing for a while. The fact I had already spent like 50 euros on that account wasn't helping either. However I heard about that Sugofest happening like 2 weeks ago and decided to start all over again. 3 rerolls later I got Whitebeard :D
Welcome back! Congrats on the Whitebeard. d(^_^)v

Hisoka

I have returned!!

Welcome back! You may give us your new ID so we're able to add you! :D Congrats on your Shirohige!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Yeah its starting to get a bit boring, but it could be worse...those QoL improvements still make it interesting especially if you are still trying to farm story mode units or finish Missions.

Only issue for me is that is hard to tell what kind of strategy Bamco is pursuing with the Raidbosses in the Global version. Do they want more people to be ready to clear the stage so they also stone to farm them ? Or do they want to keep Raid Bosses rare so that the common players is likely to spend his stones on Gacha units instead ?

Its an issue if you have already teams ready for the next half year of Raid Bosses and they are nowhere to be seen. I expected Dofla to be a Holiday/New Year Special....doesnt look like it at this point.

Well still trying to get Wapol.
I didnt know Nami could show up with him...is she stronger on the final stage or still just a hit ?
I have returned!!

Welcome back Sir !!!

Whitebeard...Hnnng....

Kumo

Yeah the morgan drop rate is pretty bad. 8 runs and 1 copy. I actually wanted to finish maxing his skill but looks like that isn't happening. I don't remember it being this bad when he came around the first time.

I agree, global is pretty boring right now. Haven't been using my stamina as efficiently lately because there isn't much to do when I log on.... except failing to get Mr. 1 to drop. :/

I have returned!!

Hi! Please add me, I need more Whitebeard friends. ;_;

RalchAC

I decided to follow some of your tips so I'm going to focus in filling the character log a bit. Right now I'm focusing on evolving some fodder units. I'll keep them faved once evolved until I start to struggle with box space again.

I've started to farm Miss Wednesday too on Whiskey Peak 4, since it drops Mr.9, which I don't have either. Will do some runs there, then some on Miss Doublefinger and a bunch of extra Absalom islands.

Yeah the morgan drop rate is pretty bad. 8 runs and 1 copy. I actually wanted to finish maxing his skill but looks like that isn't happening. I don't remember it being this bad when he came around the first time.

I agree, global is pretty boring right now. Haven't been using my stamina as efficiently lately because there isn't much to do when I log on.... except failing to get Mr. 1 to drop.

I've started to waste stamina more frequently lately. Still, I don't care. I'm taking it as a small break. When thing spice up a little I'll start playing more frequently.

It's a bit curious how Bamco seemed to predict this. I think they did because they suddenly gave the 2x Drop everywhere, which is quite a nice thing to have.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Well, I just witnessed the coolest thing I've ever seen in this game. However, if you don't want to know anything about the latest JP content that won't hit Global for quite some time, you should probably stop reading.

The new raid boss is the Buster Call, a Boss Rush of Marine Vice Admirals, ending with Momonga. Naturally, each boss comes with Marine minions to back them up.

So, first try on Expert, I brought in DEX Mihawk, INT Mihawk friend, Montblanc Noland, Mr. 1, Whitey Bay and Usopp. I work my way through, somewhat following the Gamewith guide, but mostly flying by the seat of my pants. I manage to limp my way to Momonga with all my specials ready to go.

The sub-20% special on pretty much every one of these Vice Admirals is sort of new--they call for reinforcements, swapping out their already beefy minions for a fresh set of even beefier, evolved Marines, minus any debuffs you might have applied, such as turn delays.

I drop Usopp and DEX Mihawk to start. Matching orb on Bay and Noland (both INT), so I activate Noland, who orb multiplies like Kaku or Coby, and Mr. 1 for the Slasher boost. I hit Momonga hard with a mix of Perfects and Greats, but I completely forget about the call for reinforcements. Momonga drops to 17%, and calls in a new set of Marines, two of which will attack next round and kill me.

However, INT Mihawk's special deals 50% of whatever damage you dealt last round. I trigger Mihawk, and he hits everything for around 150,000, wiping the map in one spectacular, satisfying sword swipe. Momonga's poster drops.

TL;DR, Mihawk dramatically cuts down a Marine Vice Admiral right after he calls for reinforcements, like something out of one of those Japanese cartoons.

cw_sasuke

This sounds really cool Qmzn - cant wait to play the Buster Call raid Summer 2017.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Buster Call raid Summer 2017.

Next time Tsuru (EDIT: not Hina, oops) comes around, just exercise the power of make-believe! It's got Momonga and Onigumo, and if you draw some flames on your screen with a red dry-erase marker, you're practically there.

But seriously, wouldn't it be Summer 2016? I thought Global was only about a year behind.

I suppose I should keep my JP enthusiasm to a minimum, with global sitting in the humdrum land of Absolame. Kabuki Straw Hats is just around the corner, though, which is an awesome fortnight full of cool units.

Jayhawk

Pixelizedmario from Reddit said:
The general consensus of the Mods and time travelers is that there is copy right issues between the english producers and Funimation, who have the dubbing rights to Zephyr. This would put bandai in a weird spot since Funimation basically control the characters on this side of the world.

I'm worried about global version of the game if there are licensing issues.

StMeph

I don't know the details, but I would hazard that Zephyr's issues stem from being part of the movies, and not the core manga/anime series' cast of characters.

I don't know the details, but I would hazard that Zephyr's issues stem from being part of the movies, and not the core manga/anime series' cast of characters.

I am going to be sooooo pissed if I spent all that time on my Zephyr guide and he never gets released.

bjork

Just curious, anyone have a list of which characters got new/different evolutions added later in the line?

I know, Morgan, Smoker & Croc all got another evo later, was curious if there's any others.

There's an Impel Down version of Croc as well as his Slasher/Striker evos, but there's also an Impel Down version of Mr. 2 as well as Mr. 3. No idea if they're good or not, but I think they can both be evolved from earlier versions.

Heng

I have returned!!

Wow congrats. If you want a Whitebeard friend, my ID is 143845157.

I didnt know Nami could show up with him...is she stronger on the final stage or still just a hit ?
She was still a 1 shot.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Yeah, BN could just start cutting content in Global to avoid conflicts of interest, which would really suck. It reminds me of the issues with all these PS3 -> PC ports nowadays, where anyone complaining about a subpar release might as well be yelling at a brick wall.

I'd say cracks in the localization process are starting to show. There was some really inconsistent dialogue in Jaya. "Zolo" made a reappearance a number of times. Maybe it's just an isolated flub, but the story island cutscenes are only going to get bigger and more complicated, with more room for error. I'm not really looking forward to seeing how they tiptoe around all the Kamabakka Kingdom stuff.

Such is the nature of Japanese titles split between two markets, I suppose. There's a fine line between a necessary compromise and a corner-cutting downgrade. I think back to Final Fantasy II on SNES, when Square thought it was perfectly logical to release a modified, sanitized FFIV Easytype to Global markets. There's far more transparency in such decisions nowadays, but non-Japanese markets are still second-class in some fashion.

Even if OP:TC eventually gets this delayed content, I doubt we'll ever see parity with the quality level in Japan, especially in promotional bonuses. If whole bosses or fortnights start getting cut, I get the feeling some users will enjoy the rage circlejerk more than the actual game. With the amount of real money some players have invested in gems, things could turn ugly really fast.

That's a big part of why I started courting the JP version. Even with the increased risk of losing one's save data, it's a better place to hang one's hat if Global becomes crippled by bureaucracy and an irate fanbase.

Majukun

on one hand yesterday i got broggy..so in the last three ays i had 2 times the amount of drops i got in the last 4 month of the game...on the other i farmed mr 2 all day and got nothing..and it's actually the only one character that i REALLY need (if zephyr is released)

bjork

I think next to Ms Goldenweek in the last Sugofest, Mr 2 is my most-pulled RR ever. More than Coby, more than V1 SHs.

bjork

Someone on my list had a Mr. 4 captain up. I don't have him, so I checked him out. If you get 5 perfects, the 6th hit gets 4x attack. Managed to take out Mr 1 in one turn, though he didn't drop.

Pretty cool captain ability, seems like a good one for specific uses if you have your timing down well.

Majukun

so...what do you guys think?it is worth to try farm mr 2 and mr 1 with the half stamina?or they don't ever show up without the 2x drop?

bjork

so...what do you guys think?it is worth to try farm mr 2 and mr 1 with the half stamina?or they don't ever show up without the 2x drop?

Do we even know what the increase means? Is 2X taking it from .025 to .050 or something? Most things I've farmed haven't been during 2X anything.

RalchAC

What are you guys going to do today? There is 0.5x stamina in Alubarna. Which means a Doublefinger run would cost 6 stamina, which means 18 runs to deplete a stamina bar.

And I'm not that patient :p

Will do some Morgan runs. Hopefully I'll finally get the 2* copy that is needed for a certain mission

Qmzn

Neo Member
Do we even know what the increase means? Is 2X taking it from .025 to .050 or something?

I've seen discussions on Reddit and such about this. Supposedly, the base standard chance for any drop (poster, beli, or chest) on a stage is 1 in 2. That means that, when the stage loads, the usual chance of anything dropping on each screen in a stage is determined with a coin flip, as long as the stage contains basic fodder units--no evolvers, bosses, or anything that's valuable.

Drop x2 doubles that, so that the standard drop chance is 100%. You can see this on early stages, like Alvida Chapter 2, where Drop x2 will guarantee some sort of drop on every stage--either Beli or a poster, since that's all that's available that early on.

Difficult drop screens like Crocodile supposedly have both a reduced chance to drop anything, as well as a reduced chance to drop a poster after that.

TL;DR, Drop x2 doubles the set chance of any item drop, but does not alter the drop tables. If the chance of any drop is already low, then yes, you could very well be turning a 1% drop chance into a 2% drop chance.

I started agreeing with this assessment after I tried Drop x2 on Evolver Special Islands in Japan. Those screens aren't 100% drop, but they are close, plus most players are quite familiar with them, so you really get a feel for how it's actually changing the odds.

What are you guys going to do today?

Probably gonna shoot for Mr. 1.

chrono01

I haven't even bothered spending my stamina the last few days. I have everything from he event islands [that I can use] and no new story content. :(

Zephyr when!?

RalchAC

Got Morgan! My Escapee one has a 11 turns CD and I think I'm not going to both with maxing him (9 turns CD). I'll do some Absalom today from now on.

I haven't even bothered spending my stamina the last few days. I have everything from he event islands [that I can use] and no new story content. :(

Zephyr when!?

Who knows. Some people is starting to think that there might be some kind of copyright issue with Zephyr (since he is from a film, not the series), but they could have skipped him for a while and release Ivankov or something.

Hopefully they release him during the next 2x Skill up event, which should be in the event after the current Rayleigh one.

chrono01

Got Morgan! My Escapee one has a 11 turns CD and I think I'm not going to both with maxing him (9 turns CD). I'll do some Absalom today from now on.

Who knows. Some people is starting to think that there might be some kind of copyright issue with Zephyr (since he is from a film, not the series), but they could have skipped him for a while and release Ivankov or something.

Hopefully they release him during the next 2x Skill up event, which should be in the event after the current Rayleigh one.
If they start not releasing certain characters due to licensing, that's worrying. What if a meta team includes a character we didn't get? :(

Oh well, I won't give up hope!

Congrats on the Morgan, BTW.

cw_sasuke

I really doubt it's a Copyright issue that is slowing down the release... Wouldn't they just release Iva before him if that was true? Or the older ones again?

Zephyr when!?
Same here. If you don't care about the current Fortnight the game reallt gets boring... Perona was cool because I like the character and she is actually a very good unit.

Jayhawk

All these red pigs from Absalom are allowing me to beef up my STR units like Kraken, Blamenco, and Kuma.

I've also been able to max out the skills of Mr. 2 and Guard Point Chopper.

I will be struggling with stamina use in a couple weeks when I'll be wanting to max the skills of Hina, towel Nami, kimono Straw Hats, Law, and Mr. 3 from the two fortnight isles.

bjork

All these red pigs from Absalom are allowing me to beef up my STR units like Kraken, Blamenco, and Kuma.

I've also been able to max out the skills of Mr. 2 and Guard Point Chopper.

I will be struggling with stamina use in a couple weeks when I'll be wanting to max the skills of Hina, towel Nami, kimono Straw Hats, Law, and Mr. 3 from the two fortnight isles.

May your turtles refill stamina. I had two in a row refill it, I wonder if the item you get could be the same all 5 times?

Top Bottom