• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

RalchAC

All these red pigs from Absalom are allowing me to beef up my STR units like Kraken, Blamenco, and Kuma.

I've also been able to max out the skills of Mr. 2 and Guard Point Chopper.

I will be struggling with stamina use in a couple weeks when I'll be wanting to max the skills of Hina, towel Nami, kimono Straw Hats, Law, and Mr. 3 from the two fortnight isles.

I think I'm going to mainly do Hina. I want to max Fullbody (6 CD right now), Hina (19 CD) and Towel Nami (13 CD).

On the other hand, I don't have Law and I've already maxed Mr.3. Kimono Nami skill is useful, but my Mirage Nami is at 9-10 CD already, so I don't really need the skill ups. I think I'll focus on that island for the first 7 days and after that I'll mainly do Hina runs until Brook shows up.

Hope we get a Halloween themed event along Brook fortnight :p

this is my strength burst team so far based on when i remember a member here recommending a few units

12096267_1055831271108179_7802082008523508407_n.jpg

Gear 3rd Luffy as captain
blamenco and kraken for orb manipulation
coby for orb power boost
and arlong for pure strength

linkent

this is my strength burst team so far based on when i remember a member here recommending a few units

Gear 3rd Luffy as captain
blamenco and kraken for orb manipulation
coby for orb power boost
and arlong for pure strength

imo, GPUsopp is better than Coby in that team. if enemy has no debuff prevention.
3x 12.25x of Luffy+Luffy+Arlong may not have higher dmg than that Orb manipulation+Coby combo.
But if you screw up with perfect timing during that burst, it is basically game over for you.

https://optc.github.io/damage/#/tra...:99,66:99,259:99,341:99C1,10B0D364O0L0G8S100H
vs
https://optc.github.io/damage/#/tra...15:50,66:99,259:99,341:99C1,10B0D0O0L0G0S100H

Monster Chopper has higher damage than Arlong if you have him.
All Dex Raid bosses (Mihawk,Doffy,Duval) currently can be delayed with Usopp.

imo, GPUsopp is better than Coby in that team. if enemy has no debuff prevention.
3x 12.25x of Luffy+Luffy+Arlong may not have higher dmg than that Orb manipulation+Coby combo.
But if you screw up with perfect timing during that burst, it is basically game over for you.

https://optc.github.io/damage/#/tra...:99,66:99,259:99,341:99C1,10B0D364O0L0G8S100H
vs
https://optc.github.io/damage/#/tra...15:50,66:99,259:99,341:99C1,10B0D0O0L0G0S100H

Monster Chopper has higher damage than Arlong if you have him.
All Dex Raid bosses (Mihawk,Doffy,Duval) currently can be delayed with Usopp.

interesting my arlong is currently much higher in terms of damage then moster chopper but i know in the long run monster chopper beats him but thanks for the tips!

I really can't wait for this Absalom event to end. As it stands, my Zombie and Jigoro are both max level and skill, my Absalom is a few levels from being maxed, with a lvl 5 special, and my DJ Sanji is now skill maxed. I'm really just playing for XP at this point.

The Kimono strawhats are at least interesting and usable. Luffy unglooms for 3 turns and Zoro unbinds. Kimono Nami is a slightly better Mirage Tempo Nami, the only caveat being that her skill cooldown has a slightly higher max cooldown of 10 and I would assume it's harder to max. Strangely Kimono Sanji was only obtainable via promo code so I don't know how or if global will get him.

It would be nice for the skill up event to roll around soon. Not to be the guy that complains about the box space, aka the Chrono, but I have 50 Peronas, 20 Sogeking books, 23 Killer books, and 15 Urouge books. Things are getting tight.

Majukun

i just wanna drop mr 2 in the next fortnight since i can't seem to get him in alubarna..i know the drop rate is little there too..but at least the fortnight gives exp and decent characters/materials...

chrono01

It would be nice for the skill up event to roll around soon. Not to be the guy that complains about the box space, aka the Chrono, but I have 50 Peronas, 20 Sogeking books, 23 Killer books, and 15 Urouge books. Things are getting tight.
Join me in the "We need more box space!" club. We have snacks! Unfortunately, we don't have many as we would like since our club room is small, so we cannot stockpile a whole lot. In addition to more box space, we're also petitioning for a bigger club room.

Jayhawk

Join me in the "We need more box space!" club. We have snacks! Unfortunately, we don't have many as we would like since our club room is small, so we cannot stockpile a whole lot. In addition to more box space, we're also petitioning for a bigger club room.

Even if they increased box space to 9000, chrono01 would find a way to fill up that space and complain for more slots.

ElChado

Neo Member
Weird we didnt get any announcements today.

Guess monday will be filled with them. I mean look at what's due or overdue to leave the announcements:

Treasure cruise Treasure chest event ends oct 14th
facebook admin notice is over a month old
dex rate up ended oct 6th and its still up in announcements
Absalom going away means we need the next fortnight
Jaya story island release may go away soon
special login event ends oct 14th

and of course the daily gem event ends. That's a LOT of spots suddenly open for new stuff. Still banking next daily gem event lists skill rate up on the 14th.

RalchAC

Weird we didnt get any announcements today.

Guess monday will be filled with them. I mean look at what's due or overdue to leave the announcements:

Treasure cruise Treasure chest event ends oct 14th
facebook admin notice is over a month old
dex rate up ended oct 6th and its still up in announcements
Absalom going away means we need the next fortnight
Jaya story island release may go away soon
special login event ends oct 14th

and of course the daily gem event ends. That's a LOT of spots suddenly open for new stuff. Still banking next daily gem event lists skill rate up on the 14th.

It was the same with the Rayleigh event. Lately they've been announcing new stuff like 24 hours before the next event starts

bjork

I maxed Perona's skill with fewer than 50 when she was still the active island, no skill up. Use those bad boys.

RalchAC

Got my Croc to level 91 after today Turtle Time. The next one is at 3 am so I'm ignoring it.

Next week I'll get him to max level and I'll change focus to Towel Nami, probably. She is at 70 right now.

I maxed Perona's skill with fewer than 50 when she was still the active island, no skill up. Use those bad boys.

The only way I'll pop them is if Zephyr comes along before the skill up event, not that that will happen in my lifetime. I'd sooner use my Killer and Sogeking books first since Killer's skill in nonessential and Sogeking is just an alternative to GP.

RedBoot

I'm taking a bit of a break until the kimono island drops, the current fortnight is just too boring to me.

I pretty much did that between being iffy on Absalom and having played myself out during the Perona event. Now I have to rush and see if I can get Jigoro to show up before tomorrow night (not that I need him, just want to fill out the pokedex).

koryuken

It's a bad idea imo to try and max Personal outside of skill up. She's too important. When she first came, I used 15 for 1 skill up lol. I saved the next 45 copies for event.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Man, I'm at level 200, with a lot of MAX characters. Besides playing on Mondays to level up random stragglers, I haven't been incentivized to play this very often. Need some updates, sugos, and events.

chrono01

Man, I'm at level 200, with a lot of MAX characters. Besides playing on Mondays to level up random stragglers, I haven't been incentivized to play this very often. Need some updates, sugos, and events.
I'm not Rank 200, but I feel the same. I've been at max stamina for like a day now, and I even missed this morning's turtle time. :(

My Absalom is two levels away from being maxed, not because I wanted to do it but because six of my other more useful STR units have already hit max and I have no other units to feed the pigs.

Just about all my best units in each color are maxed or close to being maxed. Hell, I could probably skip turtle time and it wouldn't affect me one bit. I just wish the game would throw a challenge at me or something.... iunno... maybe a raid boss or something...

chrono01

New Global event.

The Straw Hats House of Horrors!

October 13th - October 27th

- Rainbow Gem every day [who didn't see this coming?]
- "The Straw Hats are all dressed up for Halloween!" [Looks like Nami, Franky, and Usopp, maybe the rest too?]
- Cotton Candy from Friend Recruit [burn that FP!]
- Special-Up event [time to rid myself of all of those Perona! [Starts the 21st]
- Ivonkov coming to Extra Island! [Huh, where's Zephyr? :/] [October 26th - 27th]

Tidd

WHAT? We are getting the current Japanese fortnight island? So we will get a new Sugo soon? Because the islands has SW Usopp books and we don't have him yet.
AND WE ARE SKIPPING ZEPHYR? LOL So for the shooter restriction fortnight we won't have aa 2.5x captain? :(

That is really messed up if we don't get Zephyr at all. Also, a Raid starting on a Monday? Why? D:

At least it is during a skill up event. Even though Ivankovs skill sucks.

chrono01

That is really messed up if we don't get Zephyr at all. Also, a Raid starting on a Monday? Why? D:
It's seriously worrying.

I mean, I know it's just ONE character, but if it keeps up, it's going to start messing up a lot of top-tier teams if one of the important components isn't available in the Global version. To add to this, Zephyr is a Shooter [who we don't get a whole lot of] and a solid units besides that. It kind of makes me second-guess myself investing too much into Global, as once you hold back/skip over one character it can be a slippery slope...

RalchAC

Pumpkin Luffy gives a boost to everybody and he is dex. Maybe we can use him on DEX teams instead of Doublefinger?

WHAT? We are getting the current Japanese fortnight island? So we will get a new Sugo soon? Because the islands has SW Usopp books and we don't have him yet.
AND WE ARE SKIPPING ZEPHYR? LOL So for the shooter restriction fortnight we won't have aa 2.5x captain? :(

At least it is during a skill up event. Even though Ivankovs skill sucks.

To be honest, I'm happy with them messing a bit with the Fortnight schedule. Plus Kimono Strawhats was a Chinese New Year themed island, so it would make more sense that, you know, it's released on a Chinese New Year event :p

Skill up is soon which is cool and Ivankov sucks, yeah

It's seriously worrying.

I mean, I know it's just ONE character, but if it keeps up, it's going to start messing up a lot of top-tier teams if one of the important components isn't available in the Global version. To add to this, Zephyr is a Shooter [who we don't get a whole lot of] and a solid units besides that. It kind of makes me second-guess myself investing too much into Global, as once you hold back/skip over one character it can be a slippery slope...

Mmmm... I'd say wait for a month before reaching a conclusion. It's possible that they've messed with the schedule since Ivankov fitted the Halloween theme.

I don't think they will skip it, even if there really are copyright issies. In the worst case they will change the sprite or something imo.

Tidd

To be honest, I'm happy with them messing a bit with the Fortnight schedule. Plus Kimono Strawhats was a Chinese New Year themed island, so it would make more sense that, you know, it's released on a Chinese New Year event :p

Skill up is soon which is cool and Ivankov sucks, yeah

I really hope for Ivankov that it is just a "it works better for the Halloween theme"-thing.

But if it is really a copyright issue, what about the Strong World units? Wouldn't it be the same?

Oh and we will get 2 gems today? One for the Rayleigh event and one for the Halloween one?

Tidd

What are those copyright issues?

AFAIK some youtuber said we didn't get Zephyr because Funimation has the rights for the One Piece movie where Zephyr is in and the game is using everything from viz media.
No one knows if this is really true but people always want someone to blame. :D

Absalom, Tsuru, and Curiel are the only shooter leads on Global with 2x. Curiel has the added bonus of 1.5x recover but I assume not many people have him. I'm not sure which the shooter restricted fortnight is, at least I don't think it's any time soon.

I kinda like the whole Halloween fortnight happening instead although I'll be interested to see what they do about the skill book drops since a few of them that drop are for units we don't have yet (Crocus, Hamburg, SW Usopp, and some sort of snow bear thing), but it does drop WB books in the JP version.

The isle itself should be doable with MC or Mihawk team. The MC team does however need a knuckle marine since Nami converts your orbs to STR or QCK and locks them for one turn. Franky glooms one of your captains for two turns too which might cause a little trouble for slasher teams and since we don't have a readily available silence/gloom reducer with that low a cooldown but it looks otherwise beatable.

IHaveIce

Banned
I really hope for Ivankov that it is just a "it works better for the Halloween theme"-thing.

But if it is really a copyright issue, what about the Strong World units? Wouldn't it be the same?

Oh and we will get 2 gems today? One for the Rayleigh event and one for the Halloween one?
Yep that would also mean trouble for SW units.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
All that time invested in my Marco burst team was for nothing? Wow... What a bummer if we don't get Z.

Majukun

can I feed cotton candy to. one fodder unit and then give it to a character to save bely ?

if zephyr doesn't come than shooter teams are doomed.. totally useless.

The strong world strawhats I think will not have problems since it's just them. in another costume, not totally different characters

EDIT:for kimono Nami can't I just use blamenco and go all red?
AFAIK some youtuber said we didn't get Zephyr because Funimation has the rights for the One Piece movie where Zephyr is in and the game is using everything from viz media.
No one knows if this is really true but people always want someone to blame. :D
Yeah but what about all the other countries this thing is released on? if one single country problems can stop everybody.. The problems can only continue to happen

Top Bottom