• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Hisoka

same here,it's written on the stars

here in italy it's a popular said that "2 hints make a proof"...they being skipped together with zephyr being skipped too seems to imply that there is a problem of copyrights for the movies..and it's not really that much of a shock since when you go out of japan,the whole rights affair around anime and manga property gets really complex

Whitebeard for everyone!

But yeah, i'm not angry about this.
This stuff that happens now makes this game less predictable. I just hope for another box increase lol.
And while i wouldn't pull in this sugo in hinsight of new charas, i'll pull a few times to see if i'm lucky enough to pull at least Law, Killer or the not even increased Marco*, because i hoarded books for them.

And MAYBE Rayleigh and Boa and Sengoku

bjork

The announcement doesn't mention that the log characters will be timed exclusive like they were in Japan. So we keep them in the RR pool after that?

I hope they just stay in the pool. Dex Up + bjork still feeling the burn of 4 Miss Goldenweeks in a row from last time = no pulls this time

I don't have many Rainbow Gems, or boxspace before Skill Up starts, so I'll only be pulling 3 or so. I want to try and farm Iva, so I won't go too crazy on pulls.

Hopefully I can pull Law and not get 3 Hachi >_>

They just had to have the sugofest a day before the skill up event. I suppose I could use up some halloween guys to free up some space, since I'll just be getting more of them anyway.

Dandte

Just got my 250 day log in streak gems. I don't remember if i logged in everyday but 250 days, with at least 1 Hour of playtime per day....i really like this game.

RedBoot

It's way too early to start worrying about the Strong World batch, we were due for a sugo without a new "wave" of characters. We got Supernova 2, Shichibukai, and Whitebeard 2 all in a row. If we see Whitebeard 3 before the Strong World batches, then you can start worrying.

Using the Log Strawhats like this makes sense too, since it gives them something new to offer during rerun sugos. Fits a lot better than just randomly tossing one up every other week, like in the Japanese version.

I still don't think there's any issue with the movie character rights. Pirate Warriors 3 and Unlimited World Red both feature Strong World and Film Z tie-ins, so Namco Bandai didn't run into issues there.

(Also secretly hoping the DEX up is a typo)

Majukun

I miss both law and apoo, so I'm OK with a DEX sugo... That being said I will probably just do a couple of pulls at the end of the day since I have no space and the day after we can finally empty out storages

Hisoka

I miss both law and apoo, so I'm OK with a DEX sugo... That being said I will probably just do a couple of pulls at the end of the day since I have no space and the day after we can finally empty out storages

Same here. Miss both of them after multiple dex ups, you know what this means Maju... You know it. I know it. Come here my unlucky bro, it's fine.
dont want to get a Nemule dupe. And just go away, Goldenweek!

I just did some math and this skill up event is going to cost me around 850,000 beri. Good thing I'm going to farm Ivankkov because that's almost half all my cash.

Spinx

X8hXzdm.jpg

I don't think there's anyone interesting to farm in part 1, bring on part 2 !

Ohm, Wiper, Enel and 10 free gems.

Can't wait for the skill up. 32 Killers, 46 peronas, 13 Urouges, 16 Crocs.

RalchAC

I'll be happy if I just got an Apoo, since I should be able to do the combo with a friend Law anyway.

Still, I have Izo. So I dont need to rush this Sugo. I'm going to say I won't pull, since I always do 1-2 more pulls than what I initially said here.

I just did some math and this skill up event is going to cost me around 850,000 beri. Good thing I'm going to farm Ivankkov because that's almost half all my cash.

Are you going to go all out with Ivankov? What leader are you using? I'll farm him a bit too because it's been a long while since the last raid boss. For fun, mainly.

I don't think there's anyone interesting to farm in part 1, bring on part 2 !

Ohm, Wiper, Enel and 10 free gems.

Can't wait for the skill up. 32 Killers, 46 peronas, 13 Urouges, 16 Crocs.

It's going to feel awesome when I finally use my Peronas and Garps I'll be under 220 slots used...

We should get 5 gems from this island, I'd guess.

Are you going to go all out with Ivankov? What leader are you using? I'll farm him a bit too because it's been a long while since the last raid boss. For fun, mainly.

I'm going to farm him since I have a Capone and together their specials combo for QCK orbs and possibly meat, which can be turned to full combo with Lulu or Ms. Valentine if you feel it necessary. Compared to other raid bosses, Ivankov only needs 9 skill ups and since I have a team I know I'll be able to beat him with, why not do it while a skill rate up event is going on?

I'll be running this team with a friend Asura Zoro (or I'll switch my Law out for one depending what the people on my friends list are using):

RalchAC

I'm going to farm him since I have a Capone and together their specials combo for QCK orbs and possibly meat, which can be turned to full combo with Lulu or Ms. Valentine if you feel it necessary. Compared to other raid bosses, Ivankov only needs 9 skill ups and since I have a team I know I'll be able to beat him with, why not do it while a skill rate up event is going on?

I'll be running this team with a friend Asura Zoro (or I'll switch my Law out for one depending what the people on my friends list are using):

Nice team. Mine should be: Law+Zoro (leads), Kalifa, Izo, Mihawk and Pumpking Luffy.

The boss seem to be on the easy side since it only has 1.8 million HP and doesn't hit as hard as Garp. If I have problems I'll switch Luffy for Biker Smoker.

The tankiness would be useful for me since last time Kalifa appeared I was working in a summer camp, so I couldn't play the game properly and I have her at 21 CD I think.

I don't have Law, so I'll be using my MAX/MAX Zoro.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Anyone with a JP account, shoot me a friend request!

Sent. I leave Sabo and Special MAX Mihawk up a lot, so I'm not sure how much help I'll be to Boa or Voyage Luffy. Boa/Sabo isn't bad, except it locks you into the Freedom subset of QCK/PSY units, and Luffy/Sabo is oil and water in the special department. I did just get SW Luffy this Sugo, though, which will be a much better combo with Voyage Luffy once I get him evolved.

If you need a particular color or typed Captain for a quest or something, let me know, and I'll try to leave it up for a day or so. I actually need someone to put up a Rainbow Evolver and one of those basic unevolved Marines for Mission completion. Especially the Rainbow one, since it's all I need to get Big Top.

If anyone else is playing JP, my friend code is (hidden). I don't think I've ever posted my Global code either, so if anyone's interested, it's (hidden). (Quote the post to see the numbers.)

RalchAC

As mentioned, they are getting Thriller Bark soon. The story Isles Japan has that Global doesn't are:
Skypiea 1
Skypiea 2
Long Ring
Water 7
Enies Lobby 1
Enies Lobby 2

Do you think they'll divide Thriller Bark in 2-3 different islands like they've done with most long arcs? Will they release a new farmable Moria? A farmable Kuma? Wonder how would they do the Oars fight :)

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Do you think they'll divide Thriller Bark in 2-3 different islands like they've done with most long arcs? Will they release a new farmable Moria? A farmable Kuma? Wonder how would they do the Oars fight :)
Which notable fights haven't had a farmable version so far?

RalchAC

Which notable fights haven't had a farmable version so far?

Mmmmm. I think some animal zombies, including the Spider Monkey (IIRC Robin, Franky and Brook fight it in a bridge), and some of the General Zombies. Kuma and Moria are RR units so far, we may get a new version but who knows if it'll be a story unit or a raid boss.

There is the pig bride too.

And there might be a new Brook (reward) and Ryoma.

Majukun

watched a video on youtube on a guy pulling for the japan sugofest (he got absurdely lucky too),and i noticed that the more recent card are getting a lot more "fan servicey"..lot's of spine bending poses and so on...

i really should consider streaming..guys who do basically earn money by playing the game like we do and got their pulls financed by the viewers...

probably i lack the charisma though :p

RalchAC

watched a video on youtube on a guy pulling for the japan sugofest (he got absurdely lucky too),and i noticed that the more recent card are getting a lot more "fan servicey"..lot's of spine bending poses and so on...

i really should consider streaming..guys who do basically earn money by playing the game like we do and got their pulls financed by the viewers...

probably i lack the charisma though :p

I thought about doing something in that sense. I wouldn't talk much though, no need to show my face eventhough I wouldn't mind it.

It'd be mostly doing raid bosses with every single posible team I can think off, giving some tips and stuff like that. I consider myself a cheerful dude, but I dunno if I'd be able to act like most streamers do. I found it cringeworthy :p

I may give it a try once the Youtube Gaming app is available in Spain and it allows you to stream Android games.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Dex Up makes sense in preparation for Iva if players still need some green units.

Majukun

also,it's not like it matters that much..only time i noticed it was last time when everybody and their mothers got kuma because it had both rates up as a character and as a STR guy

cw_sasuke

also,it's not like it matters that much..only time i noticed it was last time when everybody and their mothers got kuma because it had both rates up as a character and as a STR guy
This is also true... I never pull units of the featured color anyway heh.

Qmzn

Neo Member
i noticed that the more recent card are getting a lot more "fan servicey"..lot's of spine bending poses and so on...

A lot of the fan-service designs are somewhat pulled from Oda's covers and such--the Summer Strawhats, for example. If One Piece wasn't drawn in such an unconventional, stylized way, the pandering would probably be easier to spot.

Still, you're right, it's been turned up to 11 since this summer. The Special animations for Summer Nami and Robin accentuate the, uh, assets perhaps a bit more than necessary. The sprites remain pretty tasteful, though. It's not like their idle animations involve self-groping... yet.

Summer Vivi does have a really strange idle animation, though. She looks stoned out of her mind, her head lilting back and forth in this weird way, like she doesn't remotely know where she is. Wish I could find a sprite pull.

So, the current JP ranking involves scoring hits of over 50,000 damage with a single character as many times as possible on the Shandia Fortnight, Elite difficulty. After around 7 failed attempts, I finally scored 41 to get the maximum reward of three gems, and I never want to do it again. It involved G3/G3, Sabo, Gaimon, two penguins, and a bunch of tricky retargeting. Every attack setup had to be executed perfectly. In the worst cases, I had to eat meat with two characters, ramp Perfects through the penguins and Gaimon, retarget to a Treasure Turtle, then land a final perfect. Ugly business. Three gems might not be worth the stress.

RalchAC

This is also true... I never pull units of the featured color anyway heh.

Yeah, the possibility of pulling a specific unit is so small that even with a, let's say, 4x boost you're probably not going to notice in "normal" circumstances.

I mean, if you are going to do 1000 pulls, you'll probably see the pattern. But when you're doing 5-10 pulls the sample is so small that it doesn't really matter. That's why I usually don't care much about boosted units.

cw_sasuke

Everyone skipping Turtles today or why are there so few Ligght Captains up ? Saw less than 5 Marcos earlier - negative record.

Hope they implement a PaD Type system soon where friends can chose from 2 of your Captains - MIhawks Friendlist Domination is getting boring.

Yeah, the possibility of pulling a specific unit is so small that even with a, let's say, 4x boost you're probably not going to notice in "normal" circumstances.

I mean, if you are going to do 1000 pulls, you'll probably see the pattern. But when you're doing 5-10 pulls the sample is so small that it doesn't really matter. That's why I usually don't care much about boosted units.

Yeah - STR units being featured doesnt mean that you will pull Whitebeard after a couple pulls, for us Non-IAP players its not that relevant unless you plan on pulling a dozen times.

bjork

Everyone skipping Turtles today or why are there so few Ligght Captains up ? Saw less than 5 Marcos earlier - negative record.

Hope they implement a PaD Type system soon where friends can chose from 2 of your Captains - MIhawks Friendlist Domination is getting boring.

Yeah - STR units being featured doesnt mean that you will pull Whitebeard after a couple pulls, for us Non-IAP players its not that relevant unless you plan on pulling a dozen times.

I forgot what today was, I guess I should put mine up.

I've pulled a couple dozen times during a Sugo and I can verify, it still doesn't matter what is featured.

Tidd

I don't have Marco but yeah I'm skipping my turtle times. My most important INT units are maxed and the other colors are more or less maxed too. Furthermore I don't have enough space to run any turtles <.< (50 Perona, 15 Crocodile skill books and 25 Law skillbooks are waiting for the skill up event)

cw_sasuke

I forgot what today was, I guess I should put mine up.

I've pulled a couple dozen times during a Sugo and I can verify, it still doesn't matter what is featured.

Okay cool - probably wont be able to play for my 2nd Turtle time but other players will benefit from it.
I don't have Marco but yeah I'm skipping my turtle times. My most important INT units are maxed and the other colors are more or less maxed too. Furthermore I don't have enough space to run any turtles <.< (50 Perona, 15 Crocodile skill books and 25 Law skillbooks are waiting for the skill up event)

I figured this was the case - most people already having their relevant units already leveled. I got Mrs. Doublefinger and Bellamy not too long ago and hoped i could level them up a bit for Iva...

chrono01

I remembered to put my Marco up before sleep last night. Thankfully. Shame to hear about so few using him, but there's always that second turtle time! I'll keep him up for the remainder of today, only swapping him out if I feel like doing any more Halloween runs.

RalchAC

Okay cool - probably wont be able to play for my 2nd Turtle time but other players will benefit from it.

I figured this was the case - most people already having their relevant units already leveled. I got Mrs. Doublefinger and Bellamy not too long ago and hoped i could level them up a bit for Iva...

They're still awesome for leveling up INT units, so I'm using them for that purpose. I have many INT units a bit underleveled too (v2 Nami at 70, Hawkins and X-Drake at 50) so they're definitely useful. Worth gemming? Hard to tell, especially because now I can do 14 runs a day (7 each) without spending fruits.

I've decided to keep my Crocodile at 95 instead of maxing though. I'll need to dump a good bunch of Impel Down Crocos on him once sockets are released. And I still need to level up his skill :(

Jayhawk

Based on how my pirate exp was shaking out, I was a couple fortnight runs away from a level up, so I kept my G3 Luffy up until I leveled up this morning. Marco is my leader now for turtle time though.

Heng

Whoops my bad, I did a quick run on Halloween island and had to use Mihawk since there wasn't anymore Kidd captains. I'll leave Marco up for you guys.

I know some of you guys don't like spoilers, but I'm finally finishing up my Ivankov guide:

http://www.onepiecestrategy.com/p/ivankov-strategy-guide_18.html

It's been kind of a rush job, since I had been trying to focus on Doflamingo, but Ivankov's sudden announcement kicked me into overdrive. Only Ashura Zoro and Mihawk's team sections are completed, but I hope to have the others knocked out tonight sometime. The only other really "viable" captain is Law anyway.

Edit 2: Ugh, that last edit sounded kinda braggy. Just suffice it to say that you can trust that all the information on that page is 100% true!

chrono01

I know some of you guys don't like spoilers, but I'm finally finishing up my Ivankov guide:

It's been kind of a rush job, since I had been trying to focus on Doflamingo, but Ivankov's sudden announcement kicked me into overdrive. Only Ashura Zoro and Mihawk's team sections are completed, but I hope to have the others knocked out tonight sometime. The only other really "viable" captain is Law anyway.

Edit: I should mention that I'm kind of proud of my details on Stages 1-4. Other sites have scattered/wrong information about each enemy's stats, but I actually sat down and watched 10+ videos to get all this information. You can trust that everything on that page is 100% correct, unless I have a little "~" next to it. And even those are pretty dang close.
Thanks for your hard work, it's appreciated!

Jayhawk

Edit 2: Ugh, that last edit sounded kinda braggy. Just suffice it to say that you can trust that all the information on that page is 100% true!

Nice write-up. One nit-pick from a technical writing perspective is that your first paragraph in the level overview cites a "ATK Turns" table column when the column is actually named "ATK Timer". XD

Nice write-up. One nit-pick from a technical writing perspective is that your first paragraph in the level overview cites a "ATK Turns" table column when the column is actually named "ATK Timer". XD

Hahaha, thanks, I'll fix it. I think I originally had it called "ATK Turns" and then decided to change it.

Hisoka

Hahaha, thanks, I'll fix it. I think I originally had it called "ATK Turns" and then decided to change it.

Thanks for the guide!

Some things i don't get right:
Mihawks max. Cooldown isn't 15, or am i doing smth wrong?
Also, is there a max. Coffin Boat Mihawk strategy? Should be quicker with the higher dmg output or not?

RalchAC

Thanks for the guide!

Some things i don't get right:
Mihawks max. Cooldown isn't 15, or am i doing smth wrong?
Also, is there a max. Coffin Boat Mihawk strategy? Should be quicker with the higher dmg output or not?

Coffin Ship doesn't give a bigger multiplier than Merry, it justs give you extra HP. So I don't think any calculations are needed here.

Top Bottom