• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

RedBoot

Mihawk maxed. Only took me til the fourth appearance to do it. :p

Bring on Dofy! Actually, no, wait til Duck Squad comes by so I can max GP first.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Mihawk maxed. Only took me til the fourth appearance to do it. :p

Bring on Dofy! Actually, no, wait til Duck Squad comes by so I can max GP first.
Glad to hear, congrats !!

Do you have his ship unlocked as well?

RedBoot

Glad to hear, congrats !!

Do you have his ship unlocked as well?

Not yet, I keep dying at Luffy. I think my team could clear it if everything went my way, but I'll probably grab a few more levels on everyone first. Running the Mihawk/Mihawk, Arlong, Sgt.Helmeppo, Halloween Zoro, GP Usopp team.

Jayhawk

Farmed 80 Mihawks. Failed a few times because of carelessly forgetting to use Golden Pound Usopp's special... The 80 should be enough when the skill rate up comes back.

Thanks to all the friend captains who remained active for me to use during those 80+ runs throughout the 24 hours.

cw_sasuke

For the new OP it would be nice if we had a section with the recommended Story mode runs during 1/2 stamina or 2x drop in the week. LIke Orange Town 8 for baby turtles. Or whatever people use for Baby Seahorses...just a couple of spots to burn stamina during boring Fortnights.

Not yet, I keep dying at Luffy. I think my team could clear it if everything went my way, but I'll probably grab a few more levels on everyone first. Running the Mihawk/Mihawk, Arlong, Sgt.Helmeppo, Halloween Zoro, GP Usopp team.

Oh okay...which team did you use for farming Mihawk ? If you have G3 you might give this team a shot for the training Island. Worked well for me after messing up a couple of times before with my Slasher/Mihawk squad.
Farmed 80 Mihawks. Failed a few times because of carelessly forgetting to use Golden Pound Usopp's special... The 80 should be enough when the skill rate up comes back.

Thanks to all the friend captains who remained active for me to use during those 80+ runs throughout the 24 hours.

Good - this should be more than enough to max skill him during the next 2x skill up.

And yeah i was surprised to see how many friend had G3 up - i dont think the GAF community will have too many issues with farming DoFla.

chrono01

Oh man, 80 Mihawk? You should be golden, unless RNG really hates you.

cw_sasuke

The sakura event includes G3 in the rate ups, but it also overlaps with an INT up

Do I dare try

Unless you are a whale or already have all Top Tier Units i wouldnt pull outside of a Sugofest.

Majukun

anyone tried the cobymeppo fortnight'how good are the drops?
since marco's books are on the fortnight after brook's (the valentine one is a holiday one),i was thinking starting farming cobymeppo's instead of the halloween one..at the momen i have 30 marco skillbooks for a lv 2 skill..so i need 9 skillups

anyone tried the cobymeppo fortnight'how good are the drops?
since marco's books are on the fortnight after brook's (the valentine one is a holiday one),i was thinking starting farming cobymeppo's instead of the halloween one..at the momen i have 30 marco skillbooks for a lv 2 skill..so i need 9 skillups

I'm sure it differs per person but for me:

good rate on Helmeppo books.

Decent enough rate on Robin books.

Abyssal rate on Coby books.

I've seen a lot of people say they've barely had any robin drops at all though.

Majukun

I'm sure it differs per person but for me:

good rate on Helmeppo books.

Decent enough rate on Robin books.

Abyssal rate on Coby books.

I've seen a lot of people say they've barely had any robin drops at all though.

hmm..maybe i'll give it a try for today and see how it goes..might also gem a bit if drops are decent

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
If you don't have maxed meppo/coby, might as well run that instead since you're not gtting them anywhere else.

bjork

I ran it a few times for the ranking, then a few times for kicks, and got 6 coby books and 3 robin books. And about 10 chore boy coby books. None of them are maxed, heh.

RalchAC

You should be able to max him during a skill up without problems.

For the new OP it would be nice if we had a section with the recommended Story mode runs during 1/2 stamina or 2x drop in the week. LIke Orange Town 8 for baby turtles. Or whatever people use for Baby Seahorses...just a couple of spots to burn stamina during boring Fortnights.

I'll take a note. This week I didn't have much computer time and when I could use it there were other priorities. But I think next week I should advance it quite a bit!

And yeah i was surprised to see how many friend had G3 up - i dont think the GAF community will have too many issues with farming DoFla.

During Mihawk more than half my friend list were G3s. Everybody has one besides me T.T

If you don't have maxed meppo/coby, might as well run that instead since you're not gtting them anywhere else.

Coby max level CD is 10, but I think it should be enough if you have it at 13, since it's Garp max CD.

Tidd

My time machine says that the extra turtle times will be 1-hour long and we will have 2 per day. Time to max every character who can be useful! Starting with red turtles.

And we get Lucci next week instead of Smoker? O.O

cw_sasuke

I'll take a note. This week I didn't have much computer time and when I could use it there were other priorities. But I think next week I should advance it quite a bit!

During Mihawk more than half my friend list were G3s. Everybody has one besides me T.T

Coby max level CD is 10, but I think it should be enough if you have it at 13, since it's Garp max CD.

Yeah that would be nice...a Hotspot list with things to farm or recommended during the week would help me out as well - sticking to Fortnight most of the time because i forgot on which Story Islands you can farm useful stuff.

PS. Yes - 13 CD for Coby is more than enough for Garp/Zephyr farming. He will be outshined by DoFla anyway so you dont have go crazy on his skill ups.

bjork

My time machine says that the extra turtle times will be 1-hour long and we will have 2 per day. Time to max every character who can be useful! Starting with red turtles.

Is there a schedule of which colors on which days? Last time I remember running out of money and having to play around that based on which characters I wanted to boost.

Tidd

Is there a schedule of which colors on which days? Last time I remember running out of money and having to play around that based on which characters I wanted to boost.

Well, you could "time travel" for yourself to see which colors are on which days (if we already have an update for all turtle times and not just for the red ones) Or wait till someone other does that.

bjork

Well, you could "time travel" for yourself to see which colors are on which days (if we already have an update for all turtle times and not just for the red ones) Or wait till someone other does that.

I just meant in the app, hadn't checked it myself. I'll let someone on reddit make a chart or something, heh.

RedBoot

Really? That's weird. They'd be skipping Smoker, Tsuru, and Kalifa. Maybe they want to get a specific type of ranking match in?

Either way, that means the Marco book farming will continue, I'll hop right off of Halloween 2 onto Lucci. Duck Squad should only be 2-4 weeks after that. I might have 50+ Marco books ready for the next skill up event.

RalchAC

Really? That's weird. They'd be skipping Smoker, Tsuru, and Kalifa. Maybe they want to get a specific type of ranking match in?

Either way, that means the Marco book farming will continue, I'll hop right off of Halloween 2 onto Lucci. Duck Squad should only be 2-4 weeks after that. I might have 50+ Marco books ready for the next skill up event.

I hope they don't skip Kalifa, I need her island to return since I was on a trip the last time she appeared.

Majukun

yeah really strange they skipped a whole lot of fortnight.. since when they had missions in Japan?

maybe those three fn have yet to return in JP and then they have no ranking mission attached yet, so they had to skip to Lucci's which was the first in line that already had a mission in the Japanese release

Lucci coming back is kind of a bummer. No notable skill books aside from Marco but I already have 32 books from the Halloween fortnight to get the last 4 skill ups I need on my Marco, not to mention the fact that his book should return for Duck Squad. My Kaku has a cooldown of 15 right now so I don't know if I really need to bother to try to level that. It might be worth getting LS Zoro books to max him out but I don't see much more of a reason to revisit the fortnight aside from that.

Brook's fortnight isn't all that impressive either. I'll probably take advantage of the half stamina event to farm a Wapol to make use of the skill books since I know somewhere down the line he combos with someone for full STR orbs. Hawkins skill is pretty meh, and Brooks skill is nice but pretty nonessential. And I already have a maxed Shanks so Ryuma isn't going to be that big a deal for me. Looks like the game could get a little boring for me for the next two weeks.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Eh, I play G3 to steamroll stages/fortnights so 10 was immensely helpful; would have put him in my Halloween clearing team if Sanji didn't boost orbs already.

RalchAC

I finally managed to do the Cobymeppo challenge! :D

I've been checking the Replay Adventures tab in the game to check if we're really getting Lucci next. So far there is nothing announced there, sadly.

cw_sasuke

Lucci coming back is kind of a bummer. No notable skill books aside from Marco but I already have 32 books from the Halloween fortnight to get the last 4 skill ups I need on my Marco, not to mention the fact that his book should return for Duck Squad. My Kaku has a cooldown of 15 right now so I don't know if I really need to bother to try to level that. It might be worth getting LS Zoro books to max him out but I don't see much more of a reason to revisit the fortnight aside from that.

Brook's fortnight isn't all that impressive either. I'll probably take advantage of the half stamina event to farm a Wapol to make use of the skill books since I know somewhere down the line he combos with someone for full STR orbs. Hawkins skill is pretty meh, and Brooks skill is nice but pretty nonessential. And I already have a maxed Shanks so Ryuma isn't going to be that big a deal for me. Looks like the game could get a little boring for me for the next two weeks.

Do you know which unit he combines with ?

I still need to farm Wapol otherwise the Brook Fortnight will be quite lackluster skillbook wise for me.

Skilling up Lucci/Kaku + Marco books might be more interesting.

ElChado

Neo Member
Do you know which unit he combines with ?

I still need to farm Wapol otherwise the Brook Fortnight will be quite lackluster skillbook wise for me.

Skilling up Lucci/Kaku + Marco books might be more interesting.

i believe the combo is young arlong, or the sun pirates arlong, he changes empty slots to strength orbs and boosts orbs by 1.25, and wapol empties all slots.

You still need to get a copy of Ryuma at least, and he has a super low encounter rate, i think gamewith lists it as 5% or so.

cw_sasuke

i believe the combo is young arlong, or the sun pirates arlong, he changes empty slots to strength orbs and boosts orbs by 1.25, and wapol empties all slots.

You still need to get a copy of Ryuma at least, and he has a super low encounter rate, i think gamewith lists it as 5% or so.

Ah okay thats cool thanks. I think getting all relevant Story drops is a must down the line, definitely try to get Wapol next week.

PS. Yes, Ryuma is Priority No. 1 since i dont have Shanks. Once i have him i will evaluate my other options for wasting stamina xD

RalchAC

I don't like 1 month of blue exp dudes with no blue people to use them on.

I'm finally able to level up properly my QCK characters, so I'm not complaining. So far I've maxed Killer and my Kaku is at level 91. Once my Halloween Zoro is at level 80 I'll try to max Ace. Seeing MAX characters in your box is super satisfying

cw_sasuke

I'm finally able to level up properly my QCK characters, so I'm not complaining. So far I've maxed Killer and my Kaku is at level 91. Once my Halloween Zoro is at level 80 I'll try to max Ace. Seeing MAX characters in your box is super satisfying
With our blue guys getting leveled up right now I feel I should farm a couple MC copies when he is up the next time. Only for one copy when he premiered on Global since we didn't have Kaku back then. Actually it's kinda cool that we get to spend more exp on support characters like Hina and Kaku now.

Def. no priority and more of a longterm project... But MCs special can hit dex enemies quite hard.

I don't like 1 month of blue exp dudes with no blue people to use them on.

I've got Ace, Capone & killer all around level 60-70. Nice time to max 3 different possible QUICK captains.

And I guess I could get mr.prince up to a decent level in case I ever need a worse gear 3rd that isn't killer. any situation that'd apply to?

bjork

I've got Ace, Capone & killer all around level 60-70. Nice time to max 3 different possible QUICK captains.

And I guess I could get mr.prince up to a decent level in case I ever need a worse gear 3rd that isn't killer. any situation that'd apply to?

Maybe there's a mission or a ranking that might, in the future? Poor guy. :(

Maybe there's a mission or a ranking that might, in the future? Poor guy. :(

I literally can't think of any scenario where either killer or ace aren't a better solution.

Mr.prince seems to only have any purpose at all if you basically don't have the other main QUICK leads.

cw_sasuke

Just thinking about Sanji in OPTC makes me sad mope he gets a Top Tier unit sometime in the future xD

Black Leg Sanji ******

Captain Ability: 1.75x Damage for Fighter units
Special: 10x damage to one enemy (38 cooldown)

I was thinking more like...

"Master Chef Sanji" * * * * * *

8x recovery to all units. decrease by 0.5 each turn.

special: empty all orbs. do 10x this unit's damage for all meat orbs. (30 cooldown)

It at least needs to have the pretense of being good.

Kyou

A better play would be releasing a good Sanji and then immediately release a farmable Duval that does everything better

Heng

So I have 6 robin books and 15 coby books. I haven't been keeping up with Helmeppo and I've been using his books whenever I get 5 of them. It looks like robin books only drop on the 3rd wave, has anyone else gotten her books somewhere else?

ElChado

Neo Member
To anyone interested in the current japan voting event for 16 million downloads, the current god ranking is:
1st Sabo
2nd Strong World Shanks
3rd Whitebeard

And i think they also said the tough group is 1st place in the other units, so jabra, kaku, strong world sanji, blueno. No word on which groups hold 2nd and 3rd so far.

Kyou

I'm trying to farm Shura today because I'm an idiot

but once I get him I'll never have to do the test of string again :DD

theDonutking

Neo Member
I usually get really disappointed when I get a Stamina refill from the snail transponder when I first jump into the game but I had no idea it would double my stamina! Thank you overflow!!

RalchAC

With our blue guys getting leveled up right now I feel I should farm a couple MC copies when he is up the next time. Only for one copy when he premiered on Global since we didn't have Kaku back then. Actually it's kinda cool that we get to spend more exp on support characters like Hina and Kaku now.

Def. no priority and more of a longterm project... But MCs special can hit dex enemies quite hard.

With the stamina overflow and having 115 stamina, I'd actually farm him a bit next time he appears. With 10 gems I should get around 30-35 runs, which is not that bad, considering I'm almost at 120 stamina.

I'm trying to farm Shura today because I'm an idiot

but once I get him I'll never have to do the test of string again :DD

I loved his animation when I fought against him. I'd love to use him but, sadly, he is not a good character :(

I usually get really disappointed when I get a Stamina refill from the snail transponder when I first jump into the game but I had no idea it would double my stamina! Thank you overflow!!

Yeah, the overflow is awesome. Now you can just look for the snails without worrying about wasting stamina.

Kyou

I loved his animation when I fought against him. I'd love to use him but, sadly, he is not a good character :(
I figure my use for him will be slotting him into the striker team I am using to farm Skypia since he wont be effected by the stat down

Top Bottom