• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Majukun

So I have 6 robin books and 15 coby books. I haven't been keeping up with Helmeppo and I've been using his books whenever I get 5 of them. It looks like robin books only drop on the 3rd wave, has anyone else gotten her books somewhere else?

got it in the first drop once..
but it's pretty much the onlt robin skillbook i got the entire day

I've been doing it off and on for three days now, one Robin skillbook. I'm not even going to bother.

I switched off the Halloween fortnight a few days ago and I'm at 11 Coby, 15 Helmeppo, and 9 Robin books. The Robin books are in good company now with the Rayleigh and WB ones filled under books I'm keeping but don't have the units for yet.

Look at me. I am the Chrono now.

chrono01

I switched off the Halloween fortnight a few days ago and I'm at 11 Coby, 15 Helmeppo, and 9 Robin books. The Robin books are in good company now with the Rayleigh and WB ones filled under books I'm keeping but don't have the units for yet.

Look at me. I am the Chrono now.
It's a terrible curse. Once you start hoarding, there's no return.

It's a terrible curse. Once you start hoarding, there's no return.

Fortunately I could expand my box another 100 spaces and be perfectly fine so it hasn't become an issue... yet.

On a side note, I hit day 250 today so I'll post my box progress. While you may notice the distinct lack of any legendaries, do take note of my exquisite complete Chopper evolution collection with rare units like the elusive Heavy Point Chopper. Thanks rare recruit!

grjhSAo.jpg

vEhMHbl.jpg

j8fctbu.jpg

zRkXxac.jpg

bnKrWOO.jpg

chrono01

Fortunately I could expand my box another 100 spaces and be perfectly fine so it hasn't become an issue... yet.

On a side note, I hit day 250 today so I'll post my box progress. While you may notice the distinct lack of any legendaries, do take note of my exquisite complete Chopper evolution collection with rare units like the elusive Heavy Point Chopper. Thanks rare recruit!
Nah, you have a great box. Congrats! I don't have a Legendary yet either. :(

As for farming, I might have over-farmed. Just a bit.

Halloween Island:

Skillbook

Ace - 22 [current skill level 2]
Marco - 25 [current skill level 4]
Jozu - 12 [don't have]
Impact Usopp - 36 [current skill level 4]
Rayleigh - 8 [don't have]

Units

Halloween Robin - 13 [current skill level 7]
Halloween Brook - 10 [current skill level 5]
Halloween Sanji - 14 [current skill level 3]
Halloween Usopp - 7 [current skill level 4]
Halloween Zoro - 32 [current skill level 1]

Coby Island:

Skillbook

Robin - 1 [current skill level 3]
Veau Shot Sanji - 9 [current skill level 3]
Helmeppo V2 - 5 [current skill level 3]
Coby V2 - 10 [current skill level 5]

So yeah, I'm going to free up A LOT of space the next time a skill-up event happens. If I need to, I'll get rid of the Veau Shot Sanji/Jozu skillbook, so the first isn't really needed and I don't have the latter.

I'm debating whether I should move on and try for Coby/Helmeppo V2 and Robin skillbooks. I know Robin's skillbook will be making a return in a newer island soon, hopefully with a much better drop-rate. As for Helpmeppo/Coby V2, the former is that useful of a unit, and Coby V2 is already at 13 turns, that sync's perfectly with a max skill Garp]. I'm not sure what I'll do.

Heng

got it in the first drop once..
but it's pretty much the onlt robin skillbook i got the entire day
I got another on wave 4 so maybe the few I've gotten in wave 3 was a coincidence (which still might have the highest chance to drop). 9 Robin books, 18 Coby books, 24 Marco books, and 5 Jozu booms so far. I'm currently sitting at 291 box used so I might have to expand past 350 space.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Used 25 Marco books and for 3 skill ups... Ain't even mad. Honestly it could have been worse lol. I don't need his special maxed anytime soon.

Feed HZoro 5 copies and got 0 skill ups, that hurt. Jozu Books still dropping when I already max skilled him sucks as well.

Hisoka

I like how you sort your box.

Majukun

so.. Halloween fn coming to an end... switched to cobimeppo the last few days, got 6 robin skillbooks and more or less 15 for the two marines... For the Halloween one I already hoarded as much as I could.. do you think that around 30 zoro will be enough for a Lv 2 to max? I may spend some gems to farm the last ones.. doesn't look like it's something I'll be able to max anytime soon after this event

so.. Halloween fn coming to an end... switched to cobimeppo the last few days, got 6 robin skillbooks and more or less 15 for the two marines... For the Halloween one I already hoarded as much as I could.. do you think that around 30 zoro will be enough for a Lv 2 to max? I may spend some gems to farm the last ones.. doesn't look like it's something I'll be able to max anytime soon after this event

Statistically during skill rate up events you should earn a skill up from 1 out of every 4 books so with 7 levels to go, I'd say you have a good chance of maxing but as with all things RNG, it's never a sure thing.

I like how you sort your box.

Sort by favorite. It's the only one I can personally stand. It prioritizes your favorites and sorts them by color, then skill books, and then it sorts everything else within each color going by character units, turtles, and then evo material.

RalchAC

Originally i remember hearing it was about every 7 weeks, then halloween event pushed it to 8 weeks, so if that's true the next one would be around mid december.

But I think we got a 2x Super Success event with a 3 week difference, so even if it's usually a 6-8 weeks thing we may get one sooner if they do an event where it'd be cool to have it.

Sort by favorite. It's the only one I can personally stand. It prioritizes your favorites and sorts them by color, then skill books, and then it sorts everything else within each color going by character units, turtles, and then evo material.

It's my favorite one too. I've used it for so long that I more or less know where everything is, so I can move quite fast using the side bar.

cw_sasuke

Think i will skip Monday Turtles today and try to get a couple HZoro copies instead. Still will have my Marco up for the rest.

PS. Not that i doubted it but Ingame News confirmed Luccis Fortnight coming back.

bjork

I'm going to embark on my "farm all the farmables you're missing" quest. The list keeps getting longer, the more I wait. So I'll run Brook for those characters and maybe a few skill ups, but I'm going to skip Lucci this time around and use any remaining stamina on everything from Little Garden forward. So many units to try and get...

RalchAC

Think i will skip Monday Turtles today and try to get a couple HZoro copies instead. Still will have my Marco up for the rest.

PS. Not that i doubted it but Ingame News confirmed Luccis Fortnight coming back.

Yeah :(

I like Kaku, but I'd rather max Kalifa than him.

Will we get a new challenge with this new Fortnight?

Majukun

yeah..have to decide what to do with the new event..lucci,brook and half stamina..for brook i really wan ryuma since i don't have shanks..still don't know if it's worth farming his skillbooks..the huge charge time seems to indicate a powerful attack..but how random is random?there's a minimum or a max?or it can really be from 1 to 1 mln?
lucci's one is good for marco's skillbooks (another with high charge time) and kaku (will he still be used in the future?)..not so much for lucci...
half stamina i both alluring and terrifying for me,since i don't have any luck,the idea to do alubarna mln of times to get mr 1 and 2 again dosn't really makes me happy..but apart from the okama,i can really only get mr 1 with famring..and i'm really liking slasher teams so far

cw_sasuke

I need to get back into the Friendgame action ...havent done it Barrel Breaking months lol.
Yeah :(

I like Kaku, but I'd rather max Kalifa than him.

Will we get a new challenge with this new Fortnight?

Hmm...didnt even think of it but yeah a new challenge is likely to appear with Lucci since the current event ends tomorrow.

Didnt know Kakus lowest CD is 10 - thats pretty nice. We also get to skill up Mrs. Valentine soon. Need to look up what would be the best burst team for MC with Killer.

Jayhawk

I'll be focusing on farming Kaku to increase his skill for my Boa teams. I'll try to get one of each of the new units from Brook's fortnight, and then back to Kaku.

bjork

Didnt know Kakus lowest CD is 10 - thats pretty nice. We also get to skill up Mrs. Valentine soon. Need to look up what would be the best burst team for MC with Killer.

I didn't know this either. Mine's sitting at 11, so I may as well max him. My Valentine is at skill level 6, but that's all from dupes. :x

Tidd

So we get Marco and Usopp books for 4weeks?(+a great psy slasher) I guess if we get Garp during the next fortnight, we can definitely say that Namco is preparing us for Zephyr.... right?

So we get Marco and Usopp books for 4weeks?(+a great psy slasher) I guess if we get Garp during the next fortnight, we can definitely say that Namco is preparing us for Zephyr.... right?

Remember that time we had a week of yellow turtle rushes about 3 months ago and everyone assumed it was because Zephyr was due in the next few weeks? I find the trick in playing this game is to expect nothing so you'll never be disappointed.

theDonutking

Neo Member
Should I wait for the 2x skill up event? Kinda concerned about box space but if the 2x rate isn't very significant then I'll just try my luck now.

chrono01

Should I wait for the 2x skill up event? Kinda concerned about box space but if the 2x rate isn't very significant then I'll just try my luck now.
It's significant. While still nowhere near a guarantee, outside of a skill-up event the odds of increasing your skill is abysmal. Definitely wait if you can, especially for important/viable units.

cw_sasuke

How much stamina do you have? When I started out I always used to keep the books for skill ups events. But at a certain point when you can run the events more often with more stamina and spend 2 weeks farming them you don't really need to wait for skill ups.

There are super rare skill books for units like Whitebeard or Rayleigh that you Def. keep for events. Raid boss copies should be saved up in general as well as very important unit skill books ala Golden Pound Usopp.

For the rest you should be fine even without 2x...sure you might not be able to max skill then the first time they come around, but at least they will be way more useful than before and you can finish them up the next time.

I got all Halloween Strawhats high killed so they can be used as subs of necessary. Also was able to max skill Jozu, Ace, Impact Usopp and Bellamy so far.

So yeah waiting for 2x if you have the box space is never a bad idea, but you can get along without it for most units/skillbooks if you set your priorities and goals right.

If you are early in the game I would suggest saving them up for 2x though since you probably have a smaller roster of developed subs and less stamina avaliable.
I have Halloween Zoro at SLvl. 5. This is the home stretch!
That's what I thought last week as well when my Zoro was at Slvl. 6 - not a single skill up since then. So the last couple copies I might get will be saved for a skill up event.

Good luck on max skilling him though.

linkent

Speaking of Zoro, 3days of farming only drop 3x for me..
Should have save my previous copy on skill up..
Fed 35 only have 2 skill up..
Now I only saved 15copies of him.. :(

cw_sasuke

Speaking of Zoro, 3days of farming only drop 3x for me..
Should have save my previous copy on skill up..
Fed 35 only have 2 skill up..
Now I only saved 15copies of him.. :(
Feels like his drop rate is getting worse with every day... They probably realized that they made him too good compared to the other Strawhats lol.

15 copies is not too bad under 2x that can mean 3-5 skill ups.

RalchAC

I'm going to be quite happy when the Halloween Strawhat island ends. I like the new stamina cooldown, but running the same stage non stop for 2 weeks gets a bit boring.

Next month we should get Ark Maxim with Enel and Ohm (the STR slasher) so there should be some extra variety. Plus I'm going to run both Fortnights (Brook until I get Ryuma and Lucci for Kaku dupes so I can max skill him.

We're getting Aokiji next lol. You've heard it here first!

cw_sasuke

Damn..we are getting Blackbeard :eek:
bbrtjk7.png

And you guys were complaining about the QCK exp....heh.

cw_sasuke

Awesome. I'm going to max him if I can. AFAIK he is able to Beat Doffy

Same here - i love Blackbeard. Just need to figure out which team will work best on his stage...didnt expect him until next year so thats kinda surprising.

Now i wish i had Boa heh.
The fact that we are getting this high lvl Raid Bosses without access to DoFla is a bit shitty though.

bjork

Blackbeard starts on a Wednesday night? That's cool, usually I'm off on Wednesday nights, so I'll have extra time to run him.

bjork

I doubt my blue teams are strong enough to clear it gem-free, looking at what he does during the fight. Should be fun to try. Looks like his cooldown goes from 30 all the way to 15. So you need about 30,000 copies for a max.

cw_sasuke

Shit...just saw that BB locks a unit for the whole fight so G3 or Killer teams loose a ton of dmg.
You can be sure you'll have at least one Boa available in your friends list. :cool:
Thats great to hear, i will need her.

Top Bottom