• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Kyou

the worst part about grinding for Zeff today is knowing that every try would normally be two tries with no results

tadabola

JP is getting skypeia this week, so the most important story bosses right now are Sir Crocodile and Enel/Eneru. Events in the other hand will have many good units like Garp, Doflamingo, Monster Chopper, Rob Lucci, Blackbeard, Franky, Brook .. etc.

Full list of event bosses in JP here: http://onepiece-cruise.blogspot.com.au/p/boss-guide.html

It's virtually impossible to get everyone, so if you plan on getting 100% of the characters you might as well just give up now. That said, there will be some 24h events called sugofests were multiple units will get their rates boosted. Some units like Whitebeard, Boa Hancock and Sengoku will even be sugofest-exclusive, so if you want to make the best use of your gems/money you should only RR during sugofests. The rest will be up to your luck, you still might get Dancing Django during a sugofest if you're unlucky enough. :p
Yeah I know... I'm just liking this game so much and its killing me that I can't even get zeff... How the hell will I get smoker, crocodile, vivi etc ?

Other thing is... the game is really behind (in japan). they just now getting to skypea? wow

and I looked on the characters page... theres no Pell or Chaka? really? why would they skip them?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
It's all luck based you might get Sir Crocodile on you first try... The game is still quite new and there will enough time to get all Farmable units you want.

Expect nothing and be happy with whatever you get found you'll be fine over time.

If I start a new game up on a separate device, is it possible to pull a 5* Ace during the initial two pulls right now? I may work on that tonight if so.

qazqaNii

the worst part about grinding for Zeff today is knowing that every try would normally be two tries with no results

I have wasted over 80 Stamina only today not mention how much I tried early trying to get Zeff, haven't gotten him yet so I can't say: "keep trying you will get him sooner or later"

:(

iSnakeTk

Should be put to work in a coal mine.
Haha got Zeff only in three tries. The game f'd me for wanting Arlong, but atleast it gave me Jeff.

Is he actually that usefull? Should you level him up or just abuse his captain effect?

Im thinking about pairing him up with gear2Luffy and diabldoSanji and also red chopper.

chrono01

OMG!!!! ON MY FIRST PULL!!!

xKWHUFi.jpg

Im sooo pumped! 5 Gems well spent i'd say.

This is for all the furcking work with trying to drop Zeff for 3 Days now, this Idiot just doesn't want to drop. We've got 2x Baratie Today so it might be the right Day!

Question: Is Ace a Fighter ?? And should i still Go for a Fighter Team ?

I've only got Sanji as another QCK guy so building a QCK Team isn't a good Idea, or should i spent my other 15 Gems and try to pull other QCK guys ?

My go to would be:

Cpt:Zeff
Luffy
Sanji
Ace
Robin
Ussop
Congrats man, that's some insane luck!

Welcome to the Ace Team.

How can people even be so lucky, yesterday I only farmed Arlong got nothing, today 2x drop being on baratie i just wasted 42 stamina and got nothing, hope the next 42 stamina which is in 7 hours will bring me a Zeff.

:(
RNG can be a fickle mistress. :(

I just want turtle islands to make its appearance here asap. Leveling up 5 star characters with regular fodder becomes a practical impossibility really quickly.
Agreed.

Need that Turtle Island.

Good News,
Did Penguin Beach right after that because i only had 10 stamina left - Rainbow Penguin get, YES.
No more farming for today.
Congrats!

One more piece in that 5* Ace puzzle completed. That is assuming, of course, that's what you needed the Rainbow Penguin for.

11043238_946934261997881_2075985197371991392_o.jpg

about damn time!

now just need to get ace once that weird rainbow gem purchase issue gets fixed
Congrats!

I got Ace on my first pull, is he good? Don't really feel like rerolling for ussop :v
Definitely keep. You did good.

Oh, i've been so lucky :D

I've got Ace already evolved after four recruitments :D

ry9PgdJ.jpg
\o/

If I start a new game up on a separate device, is it possible to pull a 5* Ace during the initial two pulls right now? I may work on that tonight if so.
You definitely can. In fact, if anyone was planning on re-rolling now would be a good time with the rate-up.

I'd normally suggest waiting until the V2 release, but that will be a few months away and the rates won't be up for them initially. At least, with the current QCK-type rate-up, you have a much better chance of getting Ace [4*/5*] and will give you a solid, gatcha-only member that you can work on/level up until the V2 Straw Hats arrive. When they do I'm still waiting for a rate-up before I go for them. My luck in this style of game is always horrible, so I need every bit of rate-up increase I can get.

chrono01

Need a purple penguin pirate so badly.

When are they going to release an island for this? T_T
Hopefully soon. Many of us are getting to the point where we need these and, while the current content is easily doable with the units we have now, it's kind of frustrating not being able to proceed leveling them due to how difficult getting these pirate penguins can be.

I'm guessing/hoping in the next month or so, possibly after the Kuro event. That might be wishful thinking, though.

desverger

In fact, if anyone was planning on re-rolling now would be a good time with the rate-up.

Or, now would be a good time to reroll IF the appstore was up and you could actually download the game :p

At least this event will be up for a good amount of time.

I have a legitimate question though: what makes Ace so good, if we compare him to Zeff for example?

chrono01

Or, now would be a good time to reroll IF the appstore was up and you could actually download the game :p

At least this event will be up for a good amount of time.

I have a legitimate question though: what makes Ace so good, if we compare him to Zeff for example?
Really, there's App Store issues too? I knew about the Rainbow Gem purchase issue, but I guess the game not being downloadable is tied to that? That's too bad.

But yeah, this event will be around for a while yet. Better yet, maybe we'll get some "compensation" out of this.

FREE RAINBOW GEMS FOR EVERYONE!

As for what makes Ace good, when you evolve him to his 5* he gets a 2.5x ATK to QCK-type [increase from 2x in his 4* form]. That's a multiplier too so, when paired with another 5* Ace, you get an insane 6.25 ATK to QCK-types. Not only that, his health is insanely high. His attack isn't that great, but the multiplier he gets more than makes up for it and his special ability is a 15x his ATK to all enemies.

cw_sasuke

Congrats!

One more piece in that 5* Ace puzzle completed. That is assuming, of course, that's what you needed the Rainbow Penguin for.

Yeah its for Ace only pieces to the puzzle left now.

A second blue Pirate Penguin and...well about 600k exp :-D

desverger

Really, there's App Store issues too? I knew about the Rainbow Gem purchase issue, but I guess the game not being downloadable is tied to that? That's too bad.

But yeah, this event will be around for a while yet. Better yet, maybe we'll get some "compensation" out of this.

FREE RAINBOW GEMS FOR EVERYONE!

As for what makes Ace good, when you evolve him to his 5* he get a 2.5x ATK to QCK-type. That's a multiplier so, when paired with another 5* Ace, you get an insane 6.25 ATK to QCK-type. Not only that, his health is insanely high. His attack isn't that great, but the multiplier he gets more than makes up for it and his special ability is a 15x his ATK to all enemies.

I should rephrase - the App Store isn't actually completely down, it's just impossible to buy or download anything from there. I'm not sure about updates, and browsing seems to work fine. At the time of writing, it's been like that for 11 hours according to Apple's own page: https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/

And thanks for the explanation! I'm gonna try my hand at rerolling a few times when the App Store is functional again. Hopefully tomorrow :p

chrono01

Yeah its for Ace only pieces to the puzzle left now.

A second blue Pirate Penguin and...well about 600k exp :-D
Nice, glad to hear it.

The XP required is definitely the most difficult aspect, even considering the pain of getting two blue pirate penguin. The Kuro event next week should make things easier though. Maybe, depending on your luck in getting those turtles to drop.

Best of luck to you regardless!

I should rephrase - the App Store isn't actually completely down, it's just impossible to buy or download anything from there. I'm not sure about updates, and browsing seems to work fine. At the time of writing, it's been like that for 11 hours according to Apple's own page: https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/

And thanks for the explanation! I'm gonna try my hand at rerolling a few times when the App Store is functional again. Hopefully tomorrow :p
Ah, so it's more of an Apple thing huh? Thanks, good to know.

Oh, and not a problem, I wish you luck in re-rolling [when you're able].

Limit

Does anyone know if it is possible to place gear 3 luffy and gear 2 luffy in the same team? I know you can't place an unevolved and evolved form of the same character in the same team but these two are two separate characters with different evolutions from the game's standpoint. So having two in the same team should work, right? I bring this up because I was planning on feeding all the red turtles to gear 2 luffy next week but if I can't place gear 2 in gear 3 team then all this xp feeding to gear 2 will be for naught.

chrono01

Does anyone know if it is possible to place gear 3 luffy and gear 2 luffy in the same team? I know you can't place an unevolved and evolved form of the same character in the same team but these two are two separate characters with different evolutions from the game's standpoint. So having two in the same team should work, right? I bring this up because I was planning on feeding all the red turtles to gear 2 luffy next week but if I can't place gear 2 in gear 3 team then all this xp feeding to gear 2 will be for naught.
Nope, only one character per team, even if they're technically different evolutions.

desverger

I didn't get Ace yet, but my latest reroll was a 4* Roronoa Zoro and a 4* Miss Valentine.

Valentine doesn't seem that special but Zoro (5*) seems pretty high on the tier list at least. Should I keep him or continue rolling?

I might just save this account regardless with the transfer device option, if I get sick of the rerolling :p

Can i play two accounts on same device(via device change function. Like, will my stamina be recharged on account that i currently don't use?

Kyou

fuckin' finally! I'm free!

Got Zeff. I didn't really even want him that bad but it became personal.

here's what my collection is looking like

now to evolve Arlong while red turtles are easy I guess

Zeff farming has been so bad the last few days that I'm only a few levels away from being able to evolve Coby from just feeding him extra drops that would otherwise be too expensive to feed my higher level units. Truly, these are dark times.

Zeff is so OP (he's a friggin 3 stars, same as Coby and Helmeppo). Just did an Alvida Elite run with my new Zeff team and just sent everyone flying left and right, then did the same with the 0-stamina island guys. Nerf pls.

Is this Ace good?

Now that 5* Ace is on the table, that one is just ok (for someone re-rolling) since he's a pain to evolve. Save the account and if you still have the power to re-roll I'd continue the hunt for a 5* Ace.

qazqaNii

Zeff farming has been so bad the last few days that I'm only a few levels away from being able to evolve Coby from just feeding him extra drops that would otherwise be too expensive to feed my higher level units. Truly, these are dark times.

You don't say, was doing my last round for Zeff, and when I killed him a beam of light popped up, I was so happy but then the light started to fade away and it turned into a belli bag, devastated in a instant. I spent all my stamina (over 100) on this shit today, will try once again when I wake up, if that wont drop then screw zeff.

:-(

RalchAC

Zeff is so OP (he's a friggin 3 stars, same as Coby and Helmeppo). Just did an Alvida Elite run with my new Zeff team and just sent everyone flying left and right, then did the same with the 0-stamina island guys. Nerf pls.

Now that 5* Ace is on the table, that one is just ok (for someone re-rolling) since he's a pain to evolve. Save the account and if you still have the power to re-roll I'd continue the hunt for a 5* Ace.

I think Coby is 2* while his EVO is 3 stare. Both are shit though, so we aren't missing anything of value.

I have my Zeff at 31 and its stuck there. I feel like I'm wasting fodder (or turtles) on him since he doesn't have an EVO.

Damn. About 130 stamina used solely on Zeff. Not only did I not get Zeff, but I did not get a single one of his buddies to drop- the two buddies of his. Man... my luck, hah.

You know, the first time I tried the 20 stamina island I made it to Smoker and he just... wrecked me. So much defense.

Just tried it for the first time in two weeks. Turns out... with a Double Enraged Arlong Slasher Team, it's actually super easy. Not a single enemy nor boss got a chance to attack me. Pretty cool.

cw_sasuke

Kuros Master Plan popped up in the notifications and will start as expected after Alvida is done.

The Island will provide Usopp skill up and introduce expert level difficulty.

Quick Question for Zeff teams. Which Fighters do you guys use?

I went with an all colors team:

Zeff - DEX
Luffy - STR
Miss Valentine - QCK
Brain Point Chopper - INT
Mr 2 - PSY

Edit:
Kuros Master Plan popped up in the notifications and will start as expected after Alvida is done.

The Island will provide Usopp skill up and introduce expert level difficulty.

30 stamina? Ouch. I hope we get Golden Pound Usopp skillbooks.

okay i have a question about Zeff's multiplier, where are you people getting 6.25 from
if Zeff has a multiplier of 2.5 where is the extra 3.75 coming from?

2 Zeff's will only give you a X5 multiplier what am i missing?

Top Bottom