• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

It doesnt really matter.
Non-Crab need level 35 while Crab Evo need level 50(to evolve to the final form)
But Non-Crab version need additional Pirate Penguin to evolve.
I personally use the Crab Evo for all my crew.
Pirate Penguin can be really horrible to farm.

Really? I'd argue that the time spent getting the money and fodder needed to get them from 35 to 50 would far eclipse the amount of time it would take to farm for a pirate penguin. I haven't done any math to back it up but judging how slowly going from 30 to 35 took, I can't imagine it being worth the extra 15 levels.

linkent

Really? I'd argue that the time spent getting the money and fodder needed to get them from 35 to 50 would far eclipse the amount of time it would take to farm for a pirate penguin. I haven't done any math to back it up but judging how slowly going from 30 to 35 took, I can't imagine it being worth the extra 15 levels.

No math either, but this is my experience.
I farm up to 500k beli in the first week.

I dont have many characters. Just from the random matching color fodder from farming (arlong,logue during 0.5sta)
Alvida, Buggy event.

I managed to level up
Zoro to Asura
Usopp to Max Hammer
Nami to Max Crab Evolution
Buggy to Max 70
Enraged Arlong and Normal Alvida to 50
Various others to 30s (Zeff, Kuro, Tashigi, Green Chopper, Kabaji, Plant guy)

Most importantly, in the end I got to 1mil Beli now, pirate level 73 (Should have max ship now if not because i failed 7x9 colas) (currently have 19 gonna save it till 27 and fail 3x in a row)
I save up 15 of Black and Red Turtle.
Farming Pirate Penguin is just inefficient if you have bad luck.
Couldnt evolve my Luffy and Alvida because of it(Farm about 10x when i tried to maximise my Exp gain before leveling up)

Rurunaki

Getting to 50 isn't that hard anymore with fodders from Loguetown. I've wasted more time farming a single pirate penguin than farming for a Zeff.

I'd second that user. Penguin farming is brutal. I'd also note that farming for the penguin does not really get you much of worth. On the other hand, going for the extra 15 levels can get you much more in terms of pirate level and rare drops (since most people would farm Elite Alvida for exp.).

RalchAC

Seriously, I'm not happy at all with the ship upgrade mechanic. Especially because the success rate is so low that I've already failed like 5 times in a row.

The game already has some other mechanics that depend on RNG (even cola drops is RNG), it's totally unnecesary.

I'll update if I get Smoker :p I'm going to farm him for the whole day.

Om3ga

Ugh... after 2 weeks finally got my red pirate penguin. Now I understand all those ppl who hate Zeff and Kuro... both of which I got in less than 3 tries...

Now to farm Smoker and Tashigi all day!

Finally rerolled a Tier 1 Unit:

001.png

Feel free to add me, my ID is 208 942 543

RalchAC

The 17th can't come soon enough. I want to use all the Books, Aldivas and Turtles I have on my CharaBox already, so I can freed some space. Right now I think I have like 85 out of 100 slots that I can't touch (I have some EVO mats too though).

Ugh... after 2 weeks finally got my red pirate penguin. Now I understand all those ppl who hate Zeff and Kuro... both of which I got in less than 3 tries...

Now to farm Smoker and Tashigi all day!

Go first for Smoker IMO. Higher stamina, but more battles (so more fodder units) and a better unit overall. Plus it'd be really useful in the next event!

Tashigi isn't as important right now IMO.

pLow7

I'm farming a red Penguin right now and im getting sick of it. WIll there be future Events where they'll have a higher drop rate ? Pirate Penguin Island f.e.

I'm farming a red Penguin right now and im getting sick of it. WIll there be future Events where they'll have a higher drop rate ? Pirate Penguin Island f.e.

There will be a pirate penguin weekly island, but when that comes we'll have another evolver unit than can only be obtained through story mode.

linkent

For Luffy 3rd Gear, is the bonus applied to the 4-5-6th member only when we get the triple bonus on the first 3?
Or is it permanent once we hit 3perfects?
It isnt really easy to hit perfects all the time.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
For Luffy 3rd Gear, is the bonus applied to the 4-5-6th member only when we get the triple bonus on the first 3?
Or is it permanent once we hit 3perfects?
It isnt really easy to hit perfects all the time.

Only for the 4-6th members of the team - otherwise he would be beyond broken, he is already OP as it is if you can hit perfects with your team.

RalchAC

Only for the 4-6th members of the team - otherwise he would be beyond broken, he is already OP as it is if you can hit perfects with your team.

If I got a Gear 3rd Luffy my idea would be haviNG:

Gear 3rd Luffy (Ally) / G3 Luffy (Cpt)

Arlong or Aldiva / Brain Chopper

God Ussop / Iron Pearl (or other Food to STR converter once they launched).*

If I don't get a 3rd Gear Luffy would be worth using a 2.5 or 2.0 Attack leader and a friend G3 Luffy?

Or would it be better to match with another similar lead?

*I've structured it as the Edit crew interface :p

does gear third luffy boost any kind of character's attack or they have to be of a specific type or 'element'?

Any character, so if you have him you won't need another Captain, just switch the subs to QCK/STR/DEX/Whatever you need. Even if you don't have him and you're good at timing PERFECTs, it's (almost?) always better to pick him as a friend instead of using a double Arlong/Zeff/etc.

Majukun

Any character, so if you have him you won't need another Captain, just switch the subs to QCK/STR/DEX/Whatever you need. Even if you don't have him and you're good at timing PERFECTs, it's (almost?) always better to pick him as a friend instead of using a double Arlong/Zeff/etc.
Yeah, the only problem is that the account on my tablet doesn't always run fluidly, and that's where I got all the fruits.. on my oneplus it runs perfectly but I have the account that a gap user donated and there are no gems at...
but i need to find him first, then complain

Yeah, the only problem is that the account on my tablet doesn't always run fluidly, and that's where I got all the fruits.. on my oneplus it runs perfectly but I have the account that a gap user donated and there are no gems at...
but i need to find him first, then complain

Did you try to turn SFX off in settings? It sucks having to play without sound effects but still better than lag when your captain ability relies on perfect timing.

linkent

Guess so, it is OP if the bonus is permanent.
But sometimes the wording can be misunderstood.
Another guess since (3.5 bonus after at least 3 perfects), does that mean it is still possible to get the bonus for the 5th or last member only? Assuming we get
Perfect - Perfect - good/great - perfect - 3.5x - 3.5x?

I have 64 gems; it's 5-star Ace / Luffyv2 or BUST.
Just FYI, those 2 will stay in the Rare Pull.
While there are some 24hrs only Pull which only availabe for 24hrs.
And it is possible to pull those 2 during that time or any other time.
I will personally do 3-5 pulls and stop to save for that events instead.
Would have spend some money if not of the crazy price of these games.. ($55 for 85 fruits is like 30% of my country monthly salary)

Majukun

What's the expected timeline from now to Mihawk? Two weeks? Four?
we don't know since they are going really fast compared to the Japanese release... the strawhats v2 weren't supposed to come out before a month and tomorrow is the release date

qazqaNii

I have hit a point where I don't know what I should farm anymore, I am thinking of getting Tashigi but I am not so sure if thats the best thing to do, or if I should just farm for turtles atm.

Here's how it looks atm:
Any ideas on what I should focus on? Turtles? Tashigis? Anything else?

StMeph

I have hit a point where I don't know what I should farm anymore, I am thinking of getting Tashigi but I am not so sure if thats the best thing to do, or if I should just farm for turtles atm.

I would prepare for Mihawk. Farm whatever characters are farmable for the team you decide on, and then collect turtles and focus their XP to boost levels as much as possible.

qazqaNii

Haha, did you favorite all your turtles and skill books?

Go for whatever you feel like you need!

Hahaha, its a pain to not use them, I am waiting for tomorrow, dem elder turtles man, I can't bare to use them MY PRECIOUSsss~~.

But I don't know what I need, guess I will evolve alvida tommorow, level up vivi some more and try to evolve her before mihawk

I would prepare for Mihawk. Farm whatever characters are farmable for the team you decide on, and then collect turtles and focus their XP to boost levels as much as possible.
Yeah, Vivi seems important.

tadabola

Farmed a month for zeff, no drop

smoker I've tried a couple times before, and today I GOT HIM!!! four ou five times, felt lucky anyway.

first time I tried to farm something and actually get !! (outside event islands)

well... I did get helmepo preparing for alvida, but I think he is not as rare.

AAAAANNND I just got my zoro to level 50 yesterday and evolved. I'm hunting for some good green units !!! So far I have:

zoro (awesome),
smoker that I got just now
cabaj,
hachi
aaannnd dancing jango that I got 4 times on the gacha ( fed him 3 times and no skill level up - because f**k me thats why )

-----------------------

quick question : where is the best way to level up? I thought of alvida elite but only baby turtles appear for me (saw teenage 2 times maybe in the 20+ times I've completed). Is the fodder on smoker stage on loguetown better? And how to get more money??? I spent my weekend stamina on the berry cave and got 200k I think... at level 40+ it goes down really fast.

qazqaNii

I guess it is time for the C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!

I got him on my first try.. wasn't even farming for him, didn't even realize he dropped because I was sure I wouldn't get him. Arlong tho... damn, no luck.

leehom

At least you guys can kill Smoker...I'm still trying to figure out what combination I can do with the heroes I have. I think I've lost to him 20x.

tadabola

At least you guys can kill Smoker...I'm still trying to figure out what combination I can do with the heroes I have. I think I've lost to him 20x.

twice arloong + god usopp

team HP above 5k

no problems here.

Maybe gear 2 ruffy is the same, Red units all gonna hurt his HP bad, with the 4x attack bonus

or if you have zeff you can go for the 6.25x and have an ruffy gear second to destroy him, I can only imagine (no zeff here)

leehom

twice arloong + god usopp

team HP above 5k

no problems here.

Maybe gear 2 ruffy is the same, Red units all gonna hurt his HP bad, with the 4x attack bonus

or if you have zeff you can go for the 6.25x and have an ruffy gear second to destroy him, I can only imagine (no zeff here)

When I use a team w/o Ace, I get destroyed by the mobs before I can reach him.....

Om3ga

Go first for Smoker IMO. Higher stamina, but more battles (so more fodder units) and a better unit overall. Plus it'd be really useful in the next event!

Tashigi isn't as important right now IMO.
Yep that was my plan, got him in 6 tries, which is actually really lucky. Got Tashigi the next fight too! I've fought Arlong probably 80times before and 20times on 2x drop day and still no luck.

Should be soon, you can try for them today though as it's 2x drop. It took all my stamina from earlier today for it to drop. Makes it worse that it's only a bronze drop!

Here's how it looks atm:
Any ideas on what I should focus on? Turtles? Tashigis? Anything else?
If you're looking for things to do, farming Alvida for turtles is good. You can also try getting Alvida to her smooth form. She'll be usefull for Arlong's island and also Mihawk if you don't get any other good units before the event.

You could also farm Smoker, he'll be useful for Dex teams also his captain abilty reduces Damage by 20% and his special reduces damage even more by 50% which can be useful. He'll also be good for the Kuro event.

Tashigi is useful as well, but she's a Silver drop. She could be just as hard to drop as Smoker. Since she has fodder around her she might actually be harder to drop. I got her on my first try today though, so it's up to you who you want to farm.

Anybody land Smoker from the 2x drop today!? I am still farming it...
Got him in 6 tries. The only good farmable unit I'm missing now is Arlong.

What Characters do you have? My team is pretty basic and I'm able to beat him. I only have 1 Gatcha character on my team and that's Smooth Alvida.

My team is:

Luffy Captain (now gear 2 Luffy, but I beat him with normal luffy or 40 times).
Smooth Alvida
Diable Sanji
Asura Zoro
Golden Hammer God Ussop
Friend Captain is usually Arlong since he does the most damge to him.

I can beat Smoker in 4-5 turns with this team. You get at least 9 to kill him before he attacks for a second time (if your hp is higher than 4500). With a strength team you should have no problems.

chrono01

Tashigi obtained.

I'm tempted to go for Smoker, but knowing that he's getting his own event island soon [ish], I think I'll just wait for that. Granted he'd be useful for Kuro's event, but I'm sure running a basic Zeff team will be more than enough [hopefully].

Back to Alvida/turtle farming.

Top Bottom