• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

leehom

First roll - 3* Smoker =/
Second roll - 5* Nami :)?

I don't have a lot of gems, so I might end it at this. Happiness punch Nami any good?

Gadeus

I got
5* Gear 3rd Luffy
5* Gear 3rd Luffy
5* Red Haired Shanks
4* Fine Tempo Nami

During the Ace event, I got 5* Ace in one pull.

My first two pulls when I started the game were Enraged Arlong and evolved Kuro.

Pretty damn happy.

What are your Gear 3rd luffy teams going to be? I was using Arlong, Evolved Kuro, Evolved Buggy, Asura Zoro, God Ussop. I figured I'd keep the same team except Gear 3rd luffy lead, and ditch Kuro.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
My greatest success was a Lion's Song Zoro, so not terrible. Really wanted Luffy though.

And I just got a Gum-Gum Balloon Monkey D. Luffy. I'll take it!

Nice, congrats!

I will resist pulling. I must.

Thanks!

Yeah, I can see that. I was running a double Zeff team, so I had a mixture of types.

I might stick with the 15 Stamina version, as the 30 one isn't consistent enough and the rewards seem less ideal [especially if the Sniper King skillbook drops from it and not the Golden Hammer one].

Check the notifications section. Elite drops Golden Pound's skill books while Expert only drops Sogeking's. The choice is pretty easy to make.

chrono01

Thanks!

Check the notifications section. Elite drops Golden Pound's skill books while Expert only drops Sogeking's. The choice is pretty easy.
Yeah, that's what I thought. It makes the decision super-easy which to farm.

I'll miss out a Rainbow Gem for not completing it, but I can always grab it when the event makes a return.

StMeph

Man that was brutal. Trolled by Miss Valentine and Sanji.

No Gear 3 Luffy or V2 Nami.

Edit:

3rd Gear Luffy
2 Sanji Prince
Zoro (unevolved form of Lion Song)
Nami (unevolved form of Towel)

i'm done for the day..

Wow. That has to be the best possible haul.

Om3ga

Usopp is really not bad. Which is used in PSY team later on
Fine Nami evolve to Towel Nami dood.. One of the great pull.

My first pull
Fine Tempo Nami
3 x Mr. candle <- triple fucked
3* Zoro(V1)

5pulls and i am done.
Ya I checked after, for some reason I thought Fine Tempo Nami was Tornado Tempo Nami. The art is similar. I have no Psy characters except for Usopp and Gaimon so I didn't really think it was a great pull, but he'll have some use later I'm sure.

Since I got her i decided to pull some more (results above), and Got Ace and V2 Zoro. I'm Happier now. Still Wishing for Luffy. The pool of Characters is smaller, so you do have an easier chance to get him. The rate up for quick chars is making me not want to pull anymore.

Limit

I done goofed. Went straight into 30 stamina kuro dungeon with my pimp gear 3 luffy team not realizing all the perfects I had been getting was with different team leads and characters. Couldn't even get two perfects in a row, let alone 3, and got my butt whooped like a chump.

Oh well.

Got gear 3 without a single cent spent. Good enough for today. Best of luck to everyone else who has yet to do pulls. Good night.

I feel kind of sick knowing I spent so much money money essentially gambling on a game and not getting the drop I wanted. I'm no addict- called it quits and I'm cutting my losses. But man does it suck not to get the one drop you want, hah. Grats to all those getting the good pulls though nonetheless!

pelicansurf

Man that was brutal. Trolled by Miss Valentine and Sanji.

No Gear 3 Luffy or V2 Nami.

Edit:

Wow. That has to be the best possible haul.
I actually ended up with a :

Gum-Gum Balloon Luffy (goes to Gear 3)
Evolved Mr. Prince Sanji
Evolved Lion's Song Zorro
Unevolved Hammer Usopp.
Unevolved Fine Mist Nami.

Pretty solid haul along with like 3 other Mr. Princes.

Spent for 60 gems. No gear 3 luffy for me. No V2 Nami too. Got:

Mr Prince
Unevolved Lion Zoro
Ussop Hammer
2 Choos
Mr. 3
Miss Valentine
Miss All Sunday
Nico Robin
Tornado Tempo Nami
Sanji 4* both versions
5 * Kuro
4 * Ace
Enraged Arlong (Already have one)

Luck is not that bad. Just sucks that I have no Gear 3 Luffy.

This will be the last time i buy gems for this game.

Spent for 60 gems. No gear 3 luffy for me. No V2 Nami too. Got:

Mr Prince
Unevolved Lion Zoro
Ussop Hammer
2 Choos
Mr. 3
Miss Valentine
Miss All Sunday
Nico Robin
Tornado Tempo Nami
Sanji 4* both versions
5 * Kuro
4 * Ace
Enraged Arlong (Already have one)

Luck is not that bad. Just sucks that I have no Gear 3 Luffy.
Someone in this thread in the same boat as I am. I feel better- misery loves company, I suppose. I feel for you, man. 60 gems, no Luffy. Got a Lion Song and that's about it.

But hey- at least you got a Nico Robin along with the Zoro! Those are two really solid drops!

Kitoro

I had all the mats prepared to evolve either 4* V2 Luffy or Nami, and I got the other 3 V2 characters instead.

70 gems down the drain and nothing I can use at all.

Meh.

So I saved up all my gems for quite a while didn't expect much after actually getting Robin but I got

-wolf sword zoro
-balloon luffy
-evolved smoker
-evolved v2 sanji
-a fuck ton of kuro :(
-and a nami I thought was first form of v2 but then realized it was tornado.

I caved and bought 30 gems, which I normally wouldn't do but since I've played it this much and it was free to play I figured I might as well. I got lucky with a Balloon Luffy pull and wound up pretty much dumping all of my turtles I had saved up into him for 46 levels. Now just 4 more levels, a red pirate penguin, and a red dragon and I'll be set. So much for leveling up Ace though, he'll have to wait for blue turtles from Kuro.

Speaking of which, Elite was a complete cake walk for my double Asura Zoro team and I decided, what the hell, I'll give Expert a shot. Turns out I was woefully unprepared. Granted my Hachi was a few levels from evolving and my Smoker still has a ways to go but I got completely walled out by Butchie. Anyone attempting to do the same, I suggest you make sure your team is well leveled.

Just did 3 rare recruits. First pull was balloon Luffy, then I got Alvida and Choo and decided to cut my losses.

15 stamina Kuro's pretty doable with the two teams I tried (Asura Zoro x2/Zeff/Hachi/Cabaji/God Usopp and Enraged Arlong x2/Asura Zoro/Kuro/Hachi/God Usopp). Kinda hesitant to try 30 stamina, though.

pelicansurf

I caved and bought 30 gems, which I normally wouldn't do but since I've played it this much and it was free to play I figured I might as well. I got lucky with a Balloon Luffy pull and wound up pretty much dumping all of my turtles I had saved up into him for 46 levels. Now just 4 more levels, a red pirate penguin, and a red dragon and I'll be set. So much for leveling up Ace though, he'll have to wait for blue turtles from Kuro.

Speaking of which, Elite was a complete cake walk for my double Asura Zoro team and I decided, what the hell, I'll give Expert a shot. Turns out I was woefully unprepared. Granted my Hachi was a few levels from evolving and my Smoker still has a ways to go but I got completely walled out by Butchie. Anyone attempting to do the same, I suggest you make sure your team is well leveled.

Yeah, I beat Elite on my first try with no gems, but that's where I hit my road block, I had 20k life and was down to 5k by the time I finally killed that red cat thing. After that though, it was smooth sailing.

Om3ga

I was sitting here looking at my phone and decided wth... one last pull.. and with that collection is complete! Gear 3rd Luffy Get! Only took 70 gems, but I didn't spend any money!

Ace, Luffy and Zoro 3/5 characts I wanted. Other 2 being Vivi and Robin.

Full List

1. Alvida
2. Impact Dial Usopp
3. Miss Goldenweek
4. Impact Dial Usopp
5. Fire Pearl
6. Fine Tempo Nami
7. Hammer Usopp
8. Wolf Zoro
9. Miss Valentine
10. Ace
11. Mr. Prince
12. Hachi
13. Kuro
14. Gear 3rd Luffy

I'm now super happy I pulled today. Gatch Gods aren't so cruel after all.

supergiz

God damn bullshit. I just spent $250 I shouldn't have spent in the first place and no freaking 3rd gear Luffy. What a scam of a game. I'm reporting this to the Apple store tomorrow for a refund. Can't believe I let myself get pulled into what is basically a slot machine and not a videogame.

Rurunaki

God damn bullshit. I just spent $250 I shouldn't have spent in the first place and no freaking 3rd gear Luffy. What a scam of a game. I'm reporting this to the Apple store tomorrow for a refund. Can't believe I let myself get pulled into what is basically a slot machine and not a videogame.

whoa !!

Sounds like its your own fault. Everyone should know how these kind of games work especially on NeoGAF.

StMeph

What exactly could you even report to Apple?

The rare fruit machine is a slot machine, but that's independent of the game, and chasing a specific (and rare) drop is always going to end in tragedy.

Rurunaki

Balloon Luffy
Wolf Flow Zoro
Tempo Nami

are just as good as pull as their 5* counterpart.. just need to evolve them.. Don't despair guys.. Despair will come with the Whitebeard event pulls.

linkent

If you dont have a solid team, it will be a better idea to reroll till you get Luffy 3rd gear and start again.
If you have a solid team, i dont see a good reason to spend money to roll that Luffy, good that you got him, continue with your usual team if you dont.

Spend money to support the game, not spend mindlessly to get "chance " of getting something. You gonna spend alot due to bad RNG.

The game still has long way to go.

Yes the rate up is not a one time event, Japan recently had another strawhats v2 rate up. He will probably get a rate up in many upcoming sugofests and the inevitable STR rate up.

I already spent a fair amount chasing 3rd gear to no avail so i've decided no more spending

I did get lion song and hapiness punch so it wasn't a total loss

Om3ga

Damn $250? Thats about 340 Rainbow Gems! What was your pull list if you don't mind me asking? Even without G3 Luffy you might have got some good chars for team building.

I tried out Korial's 3rd Gear Luffy as a friend captain and I have to say turning off sound effects makes hitting perfects waaaaaay easier, probably even more so for Don Krieg and Arlong. I do kinda miss some of the sounds though, I just wish you could turn off combat effects and keep everything else.

freed

gin *3
mr.5 *3

and zoro
zoro three thousand world -_-

no v2 pull this time, and i already lost all my gem when trying to get Ace

supergiz

Damn $250? Thats about 340 Rainbow Gems! What was your pull list if you don't mind me asking? Even without G3 Luffy you might have got some good chars for team building.

Just got Usopp. Yep only one I got from 340 gems was Usopp. I feel I am understandably angry. Yes it is a lottery but it feels a bit like exploitation fans. I feel that when someone sinks that much money into your game you should at least throw them half of the rare drops. Gahh having trouble sleeping now.

chrono01

From my experience with "gatcha" games, it's never a good idea to intentionally spend money trying for a specific pull. It rarely ever works out and, when it does, it's usually after a decent amount of money has already been spent which kind of sours the experience. What I try to do is save up whatever in-game currency I can [from events, completing quests, etc.] and maybe throw the game a few dollars occasionally if I find myself able to, not only to support the developers [if it's a game I enjoy], but also to bolster the number of currency I have. Then, when an event starts with a unit I want, I'll pull a certain number of times trying for it and, if I get it, great! If not, I make the best of the situation as I can, continue trying to earn more Stones/Gems/etc., and wait for the next event that interests me.

For those that already spent $100+ on in-game currency and not getting the unit you were after, you have my sympathy. You have to realize, that with this style of game, even with "increased rates" the odds of pulling one of the rare units is still low. Just convince yourself that you won't get anything before you recruit and it'll lessen the disappointment [somewhat]. Again, I'm saving whatever I can for when the Sugofest exclusives are introduced in the game. Even with 100+ Rainbow Gems [I'll easily have that much, I'm already at 76] I'm not expecting a single exclusive out of that. If I do manage one, needless to say I'd be ecstatic. But, given my luck with things like this in the past, it's not looking likely.

Try to enjoy the game with what you have, but don't focus purely on getting the top-tier units. With time, chances are you'll get what you need, either through the free Rainbow Gems you get through the game or what you can manage via purchasing. The game is still young so, if you've had [or continue to have] terrible luck with this gatcha, just stop and try again when the next one comes along. This isn't the only time Gear Third Luffy/Towl Nami/etc. will be having their rates increased, and it's not as though the content in-game right now demands the high-tier units [even Mihawk is doable with a high-leveled Vivi and low-leveled Laboon].

Just my thoughts on the matter.

KumaJG

I decided to throw 9 bucks at game to test my luck. Pull a Buggy and Shanks.. Not bad. All I wanted was a Nami to take my INT team to another level :'( .

Hana-Bi

Okay, my pulls:

1. 3* Buggy
2. 3* Sanji
3. 5* Ace
4. 3* Smoker
5. 4* Don Krieg
6. 3* Mr 3
7. 5* Nami Happiness Punch
8. 3* Miss Valentine
9. 4* Luffy Balloon

Now I have to level up my pirate level to increase the cost limit.

And should I use my Bazooka Luffy level 31 to power up my Balloon Luffy? You can't have two of the same char in your team, so is there any reason to keep Bazooka Luffy or even evolve him to Gear Second?

linkent

Okay, my pulls:

1. 3* Buggy
2. 3* Sanji
3. 5* Ace
4. 3* Smoker
5. 4* Don Krieg
6. 3* Mr 3
7. 5* Nami Happiness Punch
8. 3* Miss Valentine
9. 4* Luffy Balloon

Now I have to level up my pirate level to increase the cost limit.

And should I use my Bazooka Luffy level 31 to power up my Balloon Luffy? You can't have two of the same char in your team, so is there any reason to keep Bazooka Luffy or even evolve him to Gear Second?

Just keep him. There is no reason to feed v1 to v2. Who know in the future arc, if they add another evolution after 2nd Gear luffy.
If you have Nico Robin, you have a solid INT team.

Agree with @chrono
happy with what you have, feel lucky with what you get.
There is no specific character that is needed for another (maybe in some cases)
But the amount of gem you spend to get those will surely be more than the gems you can use to beat the boss.

Edit:
Since my friend wanted to spend money in this game. But we are at Indonesia.
Using US iTunes account to download this.
Is it possible to buy iTunes card and top up this account and use it to buy gem?

Hana-Bi

Just keep him. There is no reason to feed v1 to v2. Who know in the future arc, if they add another evolution after 2nd Gear luffy.
If you have Nico Robin, you have a solid INT team.

Thanks. I don't have Robin at the moment. So my future would be like this:

Ace 5*
Luffy 3rd Gear
Nami
Don Krieg
Usopp

linkent

Thanks. I don't have Robin at the moment. So my future would be like this:

Ace 5*
Luffy 3rd Gear
Nami
Don Krieg
Usopp
That is not how you use Luffy 3rdG

Luffy should be captain + friends captain.
Fill your team with high damage dealer or some utility like Hammer Usopp
Luffy + Luffy
hammer Usopp
Arlong Zeff Smoker Ace any with high ATK

(Just swap around those depending on which enemy you gonna face)
For etc Mihawk, use 2Luffy, Arlong, Alvida, Usopp

Tidd

First off I spent a little money for 60 gems. Don't judge me :/ I've spent so mucht time with this game in the last few weeks, so I can support the dev a little bit.

And it was a nice beginning. First or 2nd pull was Lions Song Zoro. Also got Mr. Prince (hahahaha), Impact Usopp, Miss Wednesday, Standard Straw Hats, some other meh units and then with my last pull I got Ballon Luffy. That was just OMG. MY LAST PULL and I get him. He's level 45 right now. Good luck trying to farm those materials <.<

Ferga

So how much did people spend for this batch?

I got wolf zoro and balloon luffy along with 10 sanjis with 85 fruits.

linkent

30 Stamina is quite tough!!
especially Butchie part if you use Dex Team.
I could clear it with Double Arlong team.
But my Asura Zoro team has a bit of trouble, would have lose if I didn't get lucky meat roll.
As the previous poster said, Stall at turtle part, use Usopp at Butchie if you are using Dex team (use after you lose some HP, not at full life. So you can regain some back)
Kuro part is easy with full dex team.

Top Bottom