• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Rurunaki

Thanks, I'll evolve that Usopp asapp tomorrow (heh heh) and maybe try it with a Zeff team.

But yeah, I'm lacking in levels, and sadly there doesn't really seem to be an efficient way to level your units just yet. I haven't even bothered to level those basic goonies so they're like lv 8-10 :p

That Kuro event is at least dropping big blue turtles occasionally.

And I only have pretty much the basic units you get from the story up to this point, 5* Ace, Zeff and a V2 Sanji.

Just focus on one set of team for now. Once you get to loguetown and start farming for pirate penguins, you'll have enough fodder to worry about. Beri will be your problem not fodder units :)

RalchAC

I've beaten Kuro on Expert. Didn't like it at all lol. In the end I used a Rainbow Gem (which I got back after I finished the stage). That tanky cat mid-level boss was a nightmare for a DEX team TBH.

I'll just continue on Elite. Not worth the hassle. Even if I had been able to kill him without the gem the rewards aren't really worth it. I got some fodder and not much more.

Tomorrow will farm Loguetown again since there is the half stamina thing.

If you already have Zeff:
1. Zeff friend
2. Zeff captain
3. Luffy
4. Sanji
5. Ace
6. GOD Ussopp

With that team he should be able to clear everything without problems IMO. Would recommend that.

You know what, guys? I'm sure some have predicted it with my last few posts but I think I'm done with Treasure Cruise. I'm the biggest One Piece fan on GAF and played it only for my love of One Piece, but the grinding is absolutely ridiculous. Doing the same thing over and over to slowly, slowly progress and with everything being luck-based it's just not fun any more. Might drop back in a little during certain events and to maybe do a few upcoming arcs, should my by-then outdated team be good enough.

Wall of fame so far:

371e3b0fe2ed82fdc6993f520a80c3ed.png

It's been a lot of fun talking to the top-five crew. Lots of dedication and good strategy-talk!

Good luck with the rolls, guys! You'll need it ;b

I started this game with an Evolved Kuro. I just did 3 Elite Kuros in a row and got 3 first-form Kuros. I let my main Kuro eat them. So I got a Super Success, a Same Character Bonus, and a Special Level Up. SO MANY SHINY POPUPS!

qazqaNii

It's been a lot of fun talking to the top-five crew. Lots of dedication and good strategy-talk!

RIP, hope to see you soon, how do you even see who posted the most in a thread?

For the first time in this game I don't have money to power up, evolve what so ever, beli island cant come sooner :p. got 5k atm :(

RalchAC

You know what, guys? I'm sure some have predicted it with my last few posts but I think I'm done with Treasure Cruise. I'm the biggest One Piece fan on GAF and played it only for my love of One Piece, but the grinding is absolutely ridiculous. Doing the same thing over and over to slowly, slowly progress and with everything being luck-based it's just not fun any more. Might drop back in a little during certain events and to maybe do a few upcoming arcs, should my by-then outdated team be good enough.

Wall of fame so far:

See you soon, it's been a lot of fan to talk to you too :)

That's pretty much my main gripe with this game. It's sooooo slow in making any progress. Slower than even other mobile games I have played, where at least they have quests and ways to gain exp and mats, here everything is luck based and the battle themselves take a while to get through.

I like everything else, the presentation, the graphics, the characters, but this just feels too slow even for me.

And I'm pretty sure my extremely shit pulls earlier didn't help

Rurunaki

That's pretty much my main gripe with this game. It's sooooo slow in making any progress. Slower than even other mobile games I have played, where at least they have quests and ways to gain exp and mats, here everything is luck based and the battle themselves take a while to get through.

I like everything else, the presentation, the graphics, the characters, but this just feels too slow even for me.

And I'm pretty sure my extremely shit pulls earlier didn't help

Fault lies in the 10 minute per stamina thing. Should be pegged down to 5 minute/stamina.

RalchAC

Fault lies in the 10 minute per stamina thing. Should be pegged down to 5 minute/stamina.

I won't like it, but maybe I'm alone with this. I like that in this game I can pretty much play while I have breakfast in the morning, after I've had lunch and when I get home at night without feeling I've wasted a lot of stamina.

Dropping the cooldown by half would be terrible for me lol.

Rurunaki

I won't like it, but maybe I'm alone with this. I like that in this game I can pretty much play while I have breakfast in the morning, after I've had lunch and when I get home at night without feeling I've wasted a lot of stamina.

I would agree with you if it weren't for the 15,20,30,40 stamina islands.. it's basically 3 tries or 2 tries or 1 try and you're done for half the day.

RalchAC

I would agree with you if it weren't for the 15,20,30,40 stamina islands.. it's basically 3 tries or 2 tries or 1 try and you're done for half the day.

I'll probably change my mind once the >20 stamina islands start becoming easily farmable (like the Elite stage have been in the Aldiva and Kuro event). Japan still has a 10 minutes cooldown, right?

Coldphire

Neo Member
The 10 mins per Stamina is the main reason I haven't tried the Expert 30 Stamina stage yet. I know I'm going to fail it the first time as I learn it and the group I need, but that is 5 hours of Stamina wasted. I probably won't try it until toward the end of the 2 weeks once I know I have a group that can take it.

chrono01

Wall of fame so far:

Sorry to see you leave, but if you feel as you do it's probably for the best.

It's been nice talking with you too, so best of luck out there!

Ferga

I'll probably change my mind once the >20 stamina islands start becoming easily farmable (like the Elite stage have been in the Aldiva and Kuro event). Japan still has a 10 minutes cooldown, right?

Yeah. They do. Really hope they lower the cooldown soon. A lot of popular F2P apps have done it when they reached a decent player base.

Om3ga

HOLY SHIT!

Received this right afterwards! :D
Shanks is a great pull, unfortunately there aren't many good PSY characters in the game yet.

Appears for one hour only. My luck, I'll be at work or asleep.
Haha I think I'll have the same luck too. If it's during work I could always escape to the bathroom!

Wall of fame so far:

Sorry to see you go. At least log in once daily to get your gems! Who knows you might have better success at another rate up event. It would suck to have no gems to pull!

The game is designed to be addictive, but not keep you playing constantly. If you want to play more they want you to use gems for that. I like that I only have to play this game for 10-15mins every 10 hours or so. We won't see an increase in stamina recovery for a good while.

I don't really feel like the 10 minutes is that long like a lot of folks think. I have 53 stamina. So I get three Elite Kuros every day, then I log on probably twice more that day for about 10 minutes each to do my next set. It's fun for me still, and I don't have to invest hours and hours into it every day.

Limit

There just isn't enough content for there to be say, 5 or 3 minute stamina, and not have everyone playing burn through every aspect of the game within one month. 10 minutes is fine for now.

Fbh

Well the bad news is that I still haven't been able to get Kuro (Damn, I got Alvida after like 3 tries in her veteran mision)

Good news is that by now I have l like a billion blue Daimyo Turtle so once I get him I should be able to level him up in no time

Rurunaki

Well the bad news is that I still haven't been able to get Kuro (Damn, I got Alvida after like 3 tries in her veteran mision)

Good news is that by now I have l like a billion blue Daimyo Turtle so once I get him I should be able to level him up in no time

Yeah the drop % is a bit low on the 15 stamina Kuro.. But I need that hamme usopp skill books which is why i'm avoiding the 30 stamina variation.

Om3ga

Damn accidently clicked on 30 stamina Kuro with my farming team... I made it to Kuro at least, but was 1 or 2 turns shy of killing him.... sigh 30 stamina wasted.

leehom

Ohh, thanks. Well, I used two books and I think they both worked because I got two skill ups. I guess if I get anymore, I'll save them for April, thanks.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Okay i am back after wasting all my gems on crap pulls i need to refocus on evolving Ace and working with what i have so far. Glad to see that there is another event coming up and we are still getting free gems - very nice.

Also it seems like Bamco has put up the english version of the JP Guide Page i used in the past.

http://onepiece-treasurecruise.com/en/

I didn't think it was possible, but I got 2 two (2) Hammer Usopp skillbook in one run.

Heh Awesome, gratz :-D

@LonelyGreyWolf

That sucks to hear, but i can understand it. If possible just keep logging in and maybe in the future when there are interesting events and new content you can come back with a couple good pulls.

Sorry to see you go, I've had fun talking with you as well. See ya in the Pirate Warriors 3 OT. :p

Just play daily (1 gem). Login streak at 15 and 30 gives like 5 gems.

EDIT: The daily free gem, however, we don't know how long it will last.

Japan still gets the free daily gem, each time for some random excuse, and they occasionally get other free stuff (right now they have codes for 17+ gems, 15 elder turtles, 1 million beli and more). I think they get enough money to allow them to give people some freebies every now and then.

desverger

Golden pound Usopp is ridiculous lol.

Just cleared that Tashigi stage without a hitch. Might be a good idea to farm her as well for my QCK team. Maybe I'll do it when Loguetown gets the double drop rate again.

RalchAC

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!

Today I decided I was going to farm Smoker too. All my stamina will go to him.

But I've got him on my first try today!!!!!! :D

linkent

Any recommidations for a good combo Team? I'm currently using this Team for crabs.
For crab or even the coming turtle event, try to make a tandem team.
You can check your character log for them.
Xxx color pirate, marine team, black cat team.
All have fixed damage tandem.

Maybe I'll do it when Loguetown gets the double drop rate again.
Current 0.5sta is good to do the farming too. I personally got her in 2 tries without the 2x drop rate.

But I've got him on my first try today!!!!!! :D
Gratz!! These boss evades me everytime. Wonder is there any title for 100kills?

qazqaNii

Golden pound Usopp is ridiculous lol.

Just cleared that Tashigi stage without a hitch. Might be a good idea to farm her as well for my QCK team. Maybe I'll do it when Loguetown gets the double drop rate again.

Today is your best chance, there won't be anymore double rate again, do it while it is 0,5 stamina. The event ends on Sunday.

Half stamina:
Friday: Loguetown
Saturday: Arlong Park
Sunday: Barratie

desverger

Today is your best chance, there won't be anymore double rate again, do it while it is 0,5 stamina. The event ends on Sunday.

Half stamina:
Friday: Loguetown
Saturday: Arlong Park
Sunday: Barratie

Oh I see, I was under the impression this event didn't have an end date as such. The event banner just says "From now on" and it doesn't have an end date on the banner. Just a starting date of Mar.10th.

Guess it doesn't hurt to farm her with half stamina either, though.

RalchAC

After doing a few more runs at the Kuro Elite event I'm starting to think (like others here) that they've reduced the drop chance in order to make people go to Expert.

On Aldiva I usually got 4-5 drops on each stage. Here on Kuro I usually get 2 or 3. Can't say I'm happy with that outcome. Especially because since 1-6 stages have a 100% drop chance in the 30 stamina stage they've decided to put some fodder in the turtle stage.

Does Bonus Time (2x Drop, 2x Belly, 0.5x Stamina) finish this week? I was planing on farming Arlong / Smoker on the next 2x Drop days in order to farm some fodder that I could use to the units I have below level 40.

qazqaNii

After doing a few more runs at the Kuro Elite event I'm starting to think (like others here) that they've reduced the drop chance in order to make people go to Expert.
Does Bonus Time (2x Drop, 2x Belly, 0.5x Stamina) finish this week? I was planing on farming Arlong / Smoker on the next 2x Drop days in order to farm some fodder that I could use to the units I have below level 40.

Yeah a nerf seems to have happened and yes bonus time finishes this week.

Top Bottom