• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

qazqaNii

2x P-Level points is great. I'll probably use that a bunch.
Today's goal is to get 3 rainbow crabs...

Is 2x P-Level really great? It says it will be on Barratie, Arlong Park and Loguetown. I am guessing it won't be on the event isle. So isn't 0.5x stamina alot better then? But hey, 2x P-level is better than nothing.

bjork

Is 2x P-Level really great? It says it will be on Barratie, Arlong Park and Loguetown. I am guessing it won't be on the event isle. So isn't 0.5x stamina alot better then? But hey, 2x P-level is better than nothing.

XP-wise I guess it's a wash. But anything extra is always welcome, especially if I don't have to use stamina on anything earlier than Zeff.

StMeph

0.5 stamina is better in the sense that you get more chances at drops
2x XP is better in the sense that you don't need as many friend captains up and takes less time

Basically if you're cramped for time or don't have many suitable friend leaders, 2x XP is more suitable than 0.5 stamina.

linkent

The bonus time(2x beri, 2x drop, 0.5sta) is permanent.
Only the bonus time event (1gem/day) is over on 23rd.

Can be seen in Jap version which still have all bonus time including any upcoming island.

qazqaNii

Can be seen in Jap version which still have all bonus time including any upcoming island.

Oh, guess I was really wrong then, sorry guys. 2x plvl and 0.5x stamina damn thats sweet.

chrono01

After doing a few more runs at the Kuro Elite event I'm starting to think (like others here) that they've reduced the drop chance in order to make people go to Expert.

On Aldiva I usually got 4-5 drops on each stage. Here on Kuro I usually get 2 or 3. Can't say I'm happy with that outcome. Especially because since 1-6 stages have a 100% drop chance in the 30 stamina stage they've decided to put some fodder in the turtle stage.

Does Bonus Time (2x Drop, 2x Belly, 0.5x Stamina) finish this week? I was planing on farming Arlong / Smoker on the next 2x Drop days in order to farm some fodder that I could use to the units I have below level 40.
Yeah, what's even more frustrating is, even IF you're able to comfortably farm Expert Kuro you're missing out on the Golder Hammer Usopp skillbooks. I was hoping to get his skill level up a few times before the Kuro event ends, but considering I've only received two so far (of which I'm waiting until the skill chance up event to begin before I use), it's not looking likely. :(

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
We are still in the first week of Kuro events so i wouldnt get to worked up i also had days/phases during Buggy/Alvida were nothing of value would drop.

But Golden Usopp is essential so its worth the effort.

Edit:

2015-03-20-18-26-03xzuqd.png

Well or not -.-
Guess the drop switch is off xD

tadabola

spent 2 gems today (1 down in the end) to clear expert kuro. really wanted to clear that ASAP just to go back to my farming zeff everyday routine.

2 asuras + arlong + kuro + god usopp + alvida (for damage reduction, maybe smoker was better, but his stats for the fist form are really bad)

had a lot of bad luck, meat rarely appeared, and was 1 turn shorter to the second usopp special when I died the second time :(

but maybe I'm gonna start farming the usopp manual... the biggest problem for me is that unlike the ship upgrades, wich I got 50% luck, with the manuals my luck so far is zero.

got 5 zoro manuals (the same as my zoro before anyone asks) and never got a skill lv up. with chopper was the same, 2 or 3 and no skill lvl up

the only character who I got a skill lvl up is patty and thats because I fed him like 40 pattys from farming zeff (and even so his skill lvl is 4 )

cw_sasuke

Wait for the skill-up event/special starting April 1st before wasting Usopp skill cards now.

Rurunaki

Sorry to see you go, I've had fun talking with you as well. See ya in the Pirate Warriors 3 OT. :p

Japan still gets the free daily gem, each time for some random excuse, and they occasionally get other free stuff (right now they have codes for 17+ gems, 15 elder turtles, 1 million beli and more). I think they get enough money to allow them to give people some freebies every now and then.

I could use that code right about now. Bamco please :)

EDIT: 52 Stamina and only 1 Purple Pirate Penguin drop :/

StMeph

The event announcement mentions some bonus rewards in/with the Guide. Does that mean there are going to be reward codes or something to put in later? And would be easier to find through some compiled list that everyone can use?

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I have Usopp at skill level 3. It's pretty nasty (when I use him). I only use Usopp if I feel like running Kuro Expert. I can clear elite with a guest and zero issues.

I'm 3 levels away from G3 Luffy. Can't wait.

RalchAC

The event announcement mentions some bonus rewards in/with the Guide. Does that mean there are going to be reward codes or something to put in later? And would be easier to find through some compiled list that everyone can use?

I guess they want people to use it, so they're doing the eastern egg thing as a form of marketing.

The fanmade blog is so much better is not even funny imo.

My latest 3 runs have been more successful. I've got 2 Kuros, 1 Django, 2 small turtles, 1 miniboss and some fodde. Maybe somebody forgot to pull the drop stuff trigger?

Man, I just did a Kuro with 0 drops. First time I've ever done an Elite stage without anything- no beli or even fodder. And there were even 3 teenage turtles and none dropped a thing. Erg!

cw_sasuke

Man, I just did a Kuro with 0 drops. First time I've ever done an Elite stage without anything- no beli or even fodder. And there were even 3 teenage turtles and none dropped a thing. Erg!

Heh....look at my screenshot above, seems like they switched off the drop button for that hour or so xD

leehom

Thanks to all the crabs I got, I was able to evolve all my 3* straw hats. Other than evolving, do I need to save the little snails or crabs anymore? What about the baby turtles? They only give 3k xp, while the middle sized ones give about 21k. Also, what do I do with elder turtles? I think I have 1 or 2 saved, are they only used for XP?

Rurunaki

Thanks to all the crabs I got, I was able to evolve all my 3* straw hats. Other than evolving, do I need to save the little snails or crabs anymore? What about the baby turtles? They only give 3k xp, while the middle sized ones give about 21k. Also, what do I do with elder turtles? I think I have 1 or 2 saved, are they only used for XP?

I'd save the teen turtles (middle sized) and elder turtles for those hard to reach levels of 70 and such.

As for evolution mats, the most sought after right now are Rainbow Hermit Crabs, Rainbow Penguins, and all the Pirate Penguin colors.

Edit: Also the Elder Seahorse.

Coldphire

Neo Member

I'm saving all of my "evolver" units for now. The small crabs and seahorses are still used in some evolutions. All of the turtles only give XP and now is a good time to use them since you have a better shot at the Super Success 1.5x EXP.

Om3ga

Good morning gaf,

Any recommidations for a good combo Team? I'm currently using this Team for crabs.

AS7AaMD.jpg
My farming team is Buggy, Cabaji, Moji and Alvida, then Buggy friend. This gives me 5/6 slots for Tandem chance.

Wonder is there any title for 100kills?
Nope 50 is the max. Might get something later when missons become available.

Gems are pretty much going to be given for awhile. I was playing the JP version for a few days and even checked back on my account. They were still giving gems. Also checking back on the blog they gave a lot of gems. Over 60 for sure.

Yeah, what's even more frustrating is, even IF you're able to comfortably farm Expert Kuro you're missing out on the Golder Hammer Usopp skillbooks. I was hoping to get his skill level up a few times before the Kuro event ends, but considering I've only received two so far (of which I'm waiting until the skill chance up event to begin before I use), it's not looking likely. :(
I dropped Golden Hammer Usopp book on Expert twice. I have yet to drop Sogeking. The 2 times I did drop a chest on Elite both were cola.... lol.

edit:

So I pulled just for fun on the Jp version... I had 20 unused gems why not there was a rate up event going on! Here's my pull list My first pull on that account was V1 zoro... didn't feel like re-rolling as the update took over 15mins to download... now I'll have to!

Miss Valentine
Tashigi
Coby
Chuu

Om3ga

I think they forgot to turn on the Super Success rate up. I've actually got way more Super Success when the event wasn't going on. During the event I've only got 1.

pelicansurf

TTSRPLB.jpg

A home grown Gear 3. It's game time.

Edit:

I wonder what kind of team I should use with him. My favorite was using a Zeff fighter team with G3 as a friend. I guess I'll lump my highest ATK characters in 1 team with him as the lead for dual Luffy G3s.

leehom

What team do I need to clear Kuro on expert? I have;

4* Luffy LV 16
3* Alvdia LV 26
4* Zoro LV 1
3* Smoker LV 5
5* Ace LV 39
4* Sanji LV 1
3* Kuro LV 17
4* Usopp LV 19
5* Nami LV 29
4* Nami LV 1

Btw, is it worth saving FP? I have a ton of them...haven't used it yet.

Rurunaki

4* Luffy LV 16
3* Alvdia LV 26
4* Zoro LV 1
3* Smoker LV 5
5* Ace LV 39
4* Sanji LV 1
3* Kuro LV 17
4* Usopp LV 19
5* Nami LV 29
4* Nami LV 1

Expert is the 30 stamina one right?

Hate to be that guy, but I only manage to clear that stage even with 2 Asura Zoro and level 35 DEX team composed of Zeff, Hachi (evolved), Smoker, and Hammer Usopp.

Kuro event is still a longs way away before ending, I would suggest trying to build up a DEX team with Zoro lead to a respectable level before attempting it.

I get that it's easier with a Dex team, but I can clear 30 Stamina Kuro with my Slasher Team led by dual arlongs. Admittedly I do have an Asura in there (2 Arlongs, Asura, God Usopp, Evolved Kuro, Evolved Tashigi) for Dex, but still. And STR even does weak damage against Kuro. Still not exceptionally difficult though. I had one close call but still haven't ever needed a gem on any of my three runs.

Rurunaki

I get that it's easier with a Dex team, but I can clear 30 Stamina Kuro with my Slasher Team led by dual arlongs. Admittedly I do have an Asura in there (2 Arlongs, Asura, God Usopp, Evolved Kuro, Evolved Tashigi) for Dex, but still. And STR even does weak damage against Kuro. Still not exceptionally difficult though. I had one close call but still haven't ever needed a gem on any of my three runs.

What levels are the Arlongs? Arlong is an anilomality due to how strong he is. He can brute force his way out of anything. Looking at his lineup, he doesn't have Arlong, but has a making of a DEX or Fighter Team (both needing Zeff). Which why I suggested those two lineups.

leehom

What levels are the Arlongs? Arlong is an anilomality due to how strong he is. He can brute force his way out of anything. Looking at his lineup, he doesn't have Arlong, but has a making of a DEX or Fighter Team (both needing Zeff). Which why I suggested those two lineups.

I tried farming Zeff, but he never dropped. Otoh, I have about 4-5 Kuro's so far...kept using them to level himself up, lol.

I can make it with a 51 and a 53+ for Arlongs. I wasn't contradicting anybody else's suggestion- especially as he doesn't have an Arlong. I was just speaking in generalities.

Om3ga

4* Luffy LV 16
3* Alvdia LV 26
4* Zoro LV 1
3* Smoker LV 5
5* Ace LV 39
4* Sanji LV 1
3* Kuro LV 17
4* Usopp LV 19
5* Nami LV 29
4* Nami LV 1

Btw, is it worth saving FP? I have a ton of them...haven't used it yet.
Do you want to beat it or do you want to farm it? If it's the former then pick your strongest guys with an Ace lead speed team and 5* Lvl 35+ Princess Vivi friend captain and go to town. It'll be long, but doable. If you want to farm it? Unfortunately most of your guys aren't leveled enough to withstand the onslaught I'd advise sticking to Elite until you level your guys a bit more.

Save your FP for the event coming up if you need evolution mats. Otherwise use them for fodder to sell or train your low level guys.

pelicansurf

I prefer farming Elite over Expert anyways. I've had good luck with teen turtle drops anyways + faster. XP is about the same when factoring 2 elite runs.

Edit:
So uh... Against Smoker in Loguetown, using 2 G3 Luffy's I kind of broke my damage record. 2.5x chain multiplier + 1.5x Merry Go + 7x Luffy Bonus (for the last 3 guys (Asura Zoro, Arlong, & G3 Luffy)) = 554,532 in damage. Can't recall if there were any matching orbs. Holy shit. Smoker died turn 1.

Ferga

Wow. I'm in shock right now.

I spent over 100 stamina farming for a green pirate penguin and finally got one about an hour ago.

I decided to run the other logue town levels since it's 0.5exp and I managed to get a red, yellow and blue pirate penguin on my first runs.

What is this nonsense?

Rurunaki

Wow. I'm in shock right now.

I spent over 100 stamina farming for a green pirate penguin and finally got one about an hour ago.

I decided to run the other logue town levels since it's 0.5exp and I managed to get a red, yellow and blue pirate penguin on my first runs.

What is this nonsense?

Yeah.. it's weird.. i've spent about 100 stamina and no rainbow hermit crab.. makes me sad..

desverger

Does anyone here use a Zeff lead and wouldn't mind adding me to their friends? I'm about to hit the Smoker stage and would like to try that with double Zeff leads, instead of my QCK team.

My id is 420,360,127.

RalchAC

Does anyone here use a Zeff lead and wouldn't mind adding me to their friends? I'm about to hit the Smoker stage and would like to try that with double Zeff leads, instead of my QCK team.

My id is 420,360,127.

I've sent my request. Zeff user here.

I prefer farming Elite over Expert anyways. I've had good luck with teen turtle drops anyways + faster. XP is about the same when factoring 2 elite runs.

Edit:
So uh... Against Smoker in Loguetown, using 2 G3 Luffy's I kind of broke my damage record. 2.5x chain multiplier + 1.5x Merry Go + 7x Luffy Bonus (for the last 3 guys (Asura Zoro, Arlong, & G3 Luffy)) = 554,532 in damage. Can't recall if there were any matching orbs. Holy shit. Smoker died turn 1.

My problem with 3rd Gear Luffy is that it has a really strange rythm and, since I don't have him, I can't train using him on the 0 stamina island as much as I'd want.

desverger

I've sent my request. Zeff user here.

My problem with 3rd Gear Luffy is that it has a really strange rythm and, since I don't have him, I can't train using him on the 0 stamina island as much as I'd want.

Thanks for adding me, appreciated! Someone else did as well, so thanks for that as well :)

I'm kinda glad I don't have a 3rd Gear Luffy lol. I'm super terrible at hitting perfects, especially when I don't have a mono-colored party. I even tried using a V2 Sanji lead which requires only 2 perfects in a row, and could pull that off maybe 25% of a time.

cw_sasuke

Hahaha I didn't even see that. Freaking brilliant timing on our parts.

Did it get any better on your part ? Feels like it getting worse with every day - drop rate is really low on Elite :-/

At this point im happy if i get anything let alone Turtle drops -.-

tadabola

I think, unlike you guys the elite kuro is giving me a lot of teenage turtles.

I was mad at elite alvida because I only got 2 or 3 during the whole thing. it was almost always the baby version that appeared. But My kuro is already at lvl 50, only on teenage blue turtles and super sucess luck.

RalchAC

Did it get any better on your part ? Feels like it getting worse with every day - drop rate is really low on Elite :-/

At this point im happy if i get anything let alone Turtle drops -.-

I've got two teen turtles in the last 5 tries or so. So it has definitely improved.

Maybe I'm just being lucky. I'll do some money runs in the weekend (not only Kuros) and on Monday and Tuesday I'll probably do the last stage in Arlong Park and Loguetown so I can get a lot of fodder to level up some units that are at level <30.

I think I'm going to level Mr 5 partner (the Lemon girl) and put her on my Zeff team instead of Chopper. Her stats aren't totally useless and it could be useful in a QCK team in the future due to his special (food to QCK)

qazqaNii

Anyone know how some people in the JP version have millions of Belli (money)? I keep running out of money and spending 15 stamina for 20-30k kills me :(.

bjork

Anyone know how some people in the JP version have millions of Belli (money)? I keep running out of money and spending 15 stamina for 20-30k kills me :(.

I think people level inefficiently or something. I only did the money island the first time it appeared in the US game, up to about 700k. I have 890k right now and I'm slowly leveling guys, but since that's the only place money goes to, that's all I can figure.

N30RYU

I think people level inefficiently or something. I only did the money island the first time it appeared in the US game, up to about 700k. I have 890k right now and I'm slowly leveling guys, but since that's the only place money goes to, that's all I can figure.

I'm also broke leveling my Vivi to princess... I've around 10,000 beli...

How exactly you level efficienly? leveling all characters at the same time? like one to level 30, another to level 30... and once you got your crew on lvl 30, start leveling them to 40 each one at the time??? or just feeding them the right colors? or just feeding them their turtles? I don't really know...

bjork

I'm also broke leveling my Vivi to princess... I've around 10,000 beli...

How exactly you level efficienly? leveling all characters at the same time? like one to level 30, another to level 30... and once you got your crew on lvl 30, start leveling them to 40 each one at the time??? or just feeding them the right colors? or just feeding them their turtles? I don't really know...

I'm honestly not sure either. What I've been doing is leveling fodder to max if it has a low level, then feeding it to another fodder to make it stronger, and matching colors when I feed to an actual crew member. Also I try to have several, so let's say I have a level 20 Zoro, I don't want to feed five level 20 fodder to him one at a time, because once he levels up (if he does, mind you), the cost becomes higher so you're basically wasting bells.

But then, leveling the fodder itself might be wasting bells too. It's just how I've done it, and I haven't seen a drastic drop in my money, so I assume I'm doing it somewhat correctly? Someone's probably got a surefire strategy that I haven't even considered before.

JP codes:

sabo637473 - 10 gems
0815056956 more stuff
luffy21840 - 2 gems + some stuff
1850314893 - 1 million beli + some other freebies
robin04905 - 5 gems + rainbow evo mats

Redeem them here. Enter your ID in the first text box and the code in the second. You'll receive the gifts as mail (don't open them all at once unless you have enough empty slots).

I don't remember which code gives what, but you get a bunch of cotton candy, lobsters, 3x elder turtles of each color and more.

qazqaNii

JP codes:
Oh, now I am not playing the JP version but thanks, that 1 million gift and gems are really nice, hopefully they will come to the global version aswell.

I'm honestly not sure either. What I've been doing is leveling fodder to max if it has a low level, then feeding it to another fodder to make it stronger, and matching colors when I feed to an actual crew member. Also I try to have several, so let's say I have a level 20 Zoro, I don't want to feed five level 20 fodder to him one at a time, because once he levels up (if he does, mind you), the cost becomes higher so you're basically wasting bells.

But then, leveling the fodder itself might be wasting bells too. It's just how I've done it, and I haven't seen a drastic drop in my money, so I assume I'm doing it somewhat correctly? Someone's probably got a surefire strategy that I haven't even considered before.
The thing is if u level a fodder that gives 1k exp with another fodder that gives 1k exp that powered up fodder won't have 2k exp to give, so you lose some xp, but I guess thats what you have to do if you are running out of space and have no money.

Top Bottom