• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

RalchAC

Hello everyone. I have been playing OPtc for some time. I have been stalking this thread and it has helped out tremendously...I am not a stalker. I created an act and I can now post, finally.

Welcome to GAF and our little community. Remember that you can get a pretty big list of GAF players on the spreadshet in the OT (need to quote it).

GAF account get verified quite fast lately, it seems. I think I needed like 2 months myself. And in the early days it was even longer lol.

In game name is xcution @GAF...will update the spreadsheet with code. If you need anyone in my team I usually use 3rd gear luffy.

Since everyone does it here is my crew:

Can you use quote tags or something? Those images are really, really heavy.

Welcome to you too.

Amusing character box... and amount of money... and player level to I guess... I'll hide in a corner and quietly eat the sandwhich I've made while I was waiting for your pics to load :p

Have you thought about changing Asura Zoro for an utility unit?

Dual Gear 3rd Luffy teams only bosst the last three units you use. So I think a character like Smoker / DEX Chopper (-50% damage for 3 turns) might be more useful than him

bjork

Pirate level 97, holy crap! I thought I was doing pretty good at 77.

Anyway, working on Kuro runs today, I have two God Usopp skillbooks and I'm slowly getting Ace up... I think I can get him to 5* by the end of this event, or I hope so.

Since I've already done most of the math for Rayleigh I figured I'd add the other top-tier captains:

Code:
Captain    | Default | 1x Rayleigh | 2x Rayleigh | 2x Whitebeard | 2x Gear Third
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Combo Rate | 0.3     | 1.2         |  4.8        | 0.3           | 0.3
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st P      | x1.3    | x2.2        | x5.8        | x11.7         | x1.3
2nd P      | x1.6    | x3.4        | x10.6       | x14.4         | x1.6
3rd P      | x1.9    | x4.6        | x15.4       | x17.1         | x23.275
4th P      | x2.2    | x5.8        | x20.2       | x19.8         | x26.95
5th P      | x2.5    | x7          | x26         | x22.5         | x30.625

If we suppose that all 6 units in every team have an attack of 1000, the damage/turn that each one of those teams does is:

2x Rayleigh: 1,000 + 5,800 + 10,600 + 15,400 + 20,200 + 26,000 = 79,000
2x Whitebeard: 9,000 + 11,700 + 14,400 + 17,100 + 19,800 + 22,500 = 94,500
2x Gear 3rd Luffy: 1,000 + 1,300 + 1,600 + 23,275 + 26,950 + 30,625 = 84,750

It's clear why Whitebeard is #1, he offers the highest damage/turn and his captain abilityl is less risky than the other two (you still get x9 even if you don't get perfect/good).
Rayleigh vs Luffy is more interesting, as Luffy teams will, surprisingly, deal more damage and can get away with having 3 support units with low stats without impacting the overall damage. Rayleigh is tolerates a small margin of error since Great will still give a little boost and continue the chain. I think that Rayleigh is considered #2 in JP over Luffy is because of his special: 20x ATK in damage and reduce chains countdown by 5. Chains are kinda deadly for both Luffy and Rayleigh team since their abilities rely on perfect combo. If 3+ units gets locked, you won't get any kind of bonus with Luffy, but Rayleigh's special can break the chains pretty easily.

Xcution

I am sorry the pics are so big had issues with uploading them and i had to use image shack, lol.

It took a while to get the account though, not easy. 2 months+.

I used gems to refill stamina and threw like 30 bucks at the game (to support devs) when the v2 starw hats came out. I got lucky and only had to pull 4-5 times and got luffy and nami.

Also for the money i never use fodder for exp i only use turtles. I am good at math and actually plot out my days and how i use EVERYTHING. Fodder for money and if you use the turtles they cost less money for the exp gains.

Just happy to be here and help. How so i quote the list?

Edit: usopp why you suck at ship upgrades!

So from this Turtle island are you pretty much guaranteed a turtle?

Yeah from what I heard every stage has 100% drop rate so you should get 5 turtles per run. If that's true then the worst case scenario is 4x baby + 1x teen while the best one is 2x elders + 3x teen (you'll need a lot of luck for this one, the Hidden Miniboss elder should appear in stage 1). Prepare a turtle-specific team if you're planning to gem for stamina for fast clears.

I am sorry the pics are so big had issues with uploading them and i had to use image shack, lol.

I used gems to refill stamina and threw like 30 bucks at the game (to support devs) when the v2 starw hats came out. I got lucky and only had to pull 4-5 times and got luffy and nami.

Also for the money i never use fodder for exp i only use turtles. I am good at math and actually plot out my days and how i use EVERYTHING. Fodder for money and if you use the turtles they cost less money for the exp gains.

Hahaha, I've been waiting for you to post for forever! You've been on my friends list since almost the start and I always felt like I'm playing catchup with your Arlong. Never realized just how far you had gotten ahead though, since you switched over to Luffy.

Glad to have you!

Xcution

Hahaha, I've been waiting for you to post for forever! You've been on my friends list since almost the start and I always felt like I'm playing catchup with your Arlong. Never realized just how far you had gotten ahead though, since you switched over to Luffy.

Glad to have you!

CLOGGER BRO! I have been dying to say hi. You were the one got me through the tuff times and yoh were my goal :)

I have you on fav. When are you getting a luffy 3rd gear?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Pirate Level 97 ? Someone hold me :eek:
Nice box Xcution - i dont have v2 Luffy but i will try to add you if you still have free spots.

Xcution

Pirate Level 97 ? Someone hold me :eek:
Nice box Xcution - i dont have v2 Luffy but i will try to add you if you still have free spots.

Hello Sasuke. You have helped a lot on post as well! Can someone tell me how to access the spread sheet for gaf players?

My pirate lvl is not thag high, i have three friends with a plvl of105+ insane man. Their luffy 3 gear is max already :(

cw_sasuke

Hello Sasuke. You have helped a lot on post as well! Can someone tell me how to access the spread sheet for gaf players?

My pirate lvl is not thag high, i have three friends whi are plvl 105+ insane man. Their luffy 3 gear is max already :(

Hehe wow :eek:
Near maxed Gear 3 Luffy is also nuts.

You can access the GAF spread by quoting the opening post to reveal the link at the bottom.

RalchAC

So I guess when my teachers told me that maths were actually useful I should have listened to them. It's quite surprising to see that you've spent so little money on such a good account. Many people would have thought you've spent a lot more than 30€ in the game.

chrono01

Since I've already done most of the math for Rayleigh I figured I'd add the other top-tier captains:

Code:
Captain    | Default | 1x Rayleigh | 2x Rayleigh | 2x Whitebeard | 2x Gear Third
Combo Rate | 0.3     | 1.2         |  4.8        | 0.3           | 0.3
1st P      | x1.3    | x2.2        | x5.8        | x11.7         | x1.3
2nd P      | x1.6    | x3.4        | x10.6       | x14.4         | x1.6
3rd P      | x1.9    | x4.6        | x15.4       | x17.1         | x23.275
4th P      | x2.2    | x5.8        | x20.2       | x19.8         | x26.95
5th P      | x2.5    | x7          | x26         | x22.5         | x30.625

If we suppose that all 6 units in every team have an attack of 1000, the damage/turn that each one of those teams does is:

2x Rayleigh: 1,000 + 5,800 + 10,600 + 15,400 + 20,200 + 26,000 = 79,000
2x Whitebeard: 9,000 + 11,700 + 14,400 + 17,100 + 19,800 + 22,500 = 94,500
2x Gear 3rd Luffy: 1,000 + 1,300 + 1,600 + 23,275 + 26,950 + 30,625 = 84,750

It's clear why Whitebeard is #1, he offers the highest damage/turn and his captain abilityl is less risky than the other two (you still get x9 even if you don't get perfect/good).
Rayleigh vs Luffy is more interesting, as Luffy teams will, surprisingly, deal more damage and can get away with having 3 support units with low stats without impacting the overall damage. Rayleigh is tolerates a small margin of error since Great will still give a little boost and continue the chain. I think that Rayleigh is considered #2 in JP over Luffy is because of his special: 20x ATK in damage and reduce chains countdown by 5. Chains are kinda deadly for both Luffy and Rayleigh team since their abilities rely on perfect combo. If 3+ units gets locked, you won't get any kind of bonus with Luffy, but Rayleigh's special can break the chains pretty easily.
Thanks for this! I'm not sure whether I'll try right away for Whitebeard or wait until more gatcha exclusives are introduced. I do have quite a bit of Rainbow Gems, and I've been itching to pull. I might toss a few his way and see if I get lucky...

Also, welcome to the board/community, Xcution! It's nice to see our member list grow.

I'm surprised to see people with Pirates Levels as high as they are. I've been playing every chance I can get [more or less] when my Stamina is full, and I'm only at Level 72 [IIRC]. Seeing people at 100+ already? That's insane.

Xcution

Sasuke:

I have around 15 medium blue turtles and saving them for Monday to get as many turtles from the island and still taking advantage from the bonus lvl, which ends on Monday.

I am planning on Monday to have Luffy at lvl max...crossing fingers.

Rurunaki:

LOL, yea this has been in preparation for him. I got to get him. Currently I am clearing perfect plan island like nothing, so easy.

RalchAC:

Math and planning is the key. If you look at the game and how it was developed (make you spend :p, I NEVER grind for a char. I use my stamina to either gain plvl or turtles. I wait for an island like Alvida, etc.

I purchased the $39 for 60 gems and on 4 pulls got fluffy and nami...so lucky :)

Chrono01:

Yea I try to catch up but these guys are either playing 40 hours a day *joke* or they cloned themselves and are on revolving shifts...I can't keep up and I work...so no go.

chrono01

Switched to Sanji yesterday and lost 4 people off my friend last. Boo...
Do you have @GAF in your username? I'll never remove a GAF member from my Friend List, it doesn't matter which Captain they're currently running. If they don't have "@GAF" in their username, I always make sure to work my way through the Google document before I remove anyone. The only time I'll remove someone who has the "@GAF" mention is if they haven't logged in for an extremely extensive amount of time [such as three weeks]. If this happens, I free up a slot so I can add another GAF member who IS actively playing.

Sorry to hear that. :(

Speaking of adding more GAF members, I think my list needs to be "culled" a bit. There's more than a couple on there that haven't logged in for a very long time, so there's a chance they're no longer playing. I'll see what I can free up tonight/early tomorrow and then see if I can add a few more of you. If only it were possible to expand your Friend List via Rainbow Gems, I'd gladly sacrifice a few to increase my limit.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'm surprised to see people with Pirates Levels as high as they are. I've been playing every chance I can get [more or less] when my Stamina is full, and I'm only at Level 72 [IIRC]. Seeing people at 100+ already? That's insane.
Seriously, highest level on my friends list is 130, wow.

Limit

Do you have @GAF in your username? I'll never remove a GAF member from my Friend List, it doesn't matter which Captain they're currently running. If they don't have "@GAF" in their username, I always make sure to work my way through the Google document before I remove anyone. The only time I'll remove someone who has the "@GAF" mention is if they haven't logged in for an extremely extensive amount of time [such as three weeks]. If this happens, I free up a slot so I can add another GAF member who IS actively playing.

Sorry to hear that. :(

That is considerate of you. I am super pragmatic about things like these. I removed almost all the arlong and zeff captains as soon as I got luffy v3. I am not going to waste my and people on my friend's list time by keeping them around when their and mine captain's abilities are no longer in sync with each other. If there was an option to increase friend list size by spending gems I would have. But since it isn't, old friends with incompatible captains go bye bye.

bjork

My Zoro isn't too strong, but I guess if that's what people are looking for atm. Doesn't a double Zoro team have trouble with Butchie?

That is considerate of you. I am super pragmatic about things like these. I removed almost all the arlong and zeff captains as soon as I got luffy v3. I am not going to waste my and people on my friend's list time by keeping them around when their and mine captain's abilities are no longer in sync with each other. If there was an option to increase friend list size by spending gems I would have. But since it isn't, old friends with incompatible captains go bye bye.

You only run one kind of team?

chrono01

The way I view it is our Captain will likely change a lot over the course of the game, especially when we need to start running multiple teams. Just because his/her current Captain doesn't work well together with mine doesn't mean the same can be said in a month. Or two. or three. It can all change, so that "Friend" I never use could suddenly get a Whitebeard [after I manage to get him too] and become my new best friend. :)

My Zoro isn't too strong, but I guess if that's what people are looking for atm. Doesn't a double Zoro team have trouble with Butchie?
I don't have problem with Butchie at all. Ace/Sanji Evo 3 can one-shot him, if they used in the last of the chain. Even more if I get a Perfect or they're paired with a QCK orb.

cw_sasuke

Yeah I'm with chrono01 on this one, just doesn't make sense to drop friends for every new leader I get. People change leaders too often, though I will agree that if you get one of the game changing Captains like Luffy v2 it's unlikely that you will need or want to change anytime soon. But I also don't think that you need more than 5 persons running the same Captain.. I mean Luffy v2 is awesome, but you don't need 50 of them on list.

I'm at a place where I'm working on multiple teams and have fun getting the best out of them.

BTW. Ace is level 63...i can feel the evo happening soon...cant wait for it, took me some time :-D

Xcution

I will never delete a friend with a @GAF on their name unless like chrono says no log in since forever. Add me i cleaned my list for more gaffers.

Let me post pics from my friends list so you can see the plvl i am confused. How are they so damn high?

I just hit my 20th day and I'm PL 64 but damn, I wish I had discovered this game sooner because I'll be perpetually lagging behind some of the people here. I always make sure I'm using my stamina as efficiently as possible but there's nothing worse than going to bed right when you've just almost leveled up so that you'll waste all the stamina you've accrued overnight when you level up and your meter refills.

Actually yesterday I got a drop from a medium turtle that wound up being a chest only to be disappointed when it was revealed to be cola, not a skill book, and then upon using that 9th cola to fail at upgrading my Merry. That might have been just as bad.

bjork

Do you have @GAF in your username?

nope, just good ol 'bjork.'

chrono01 said:
I don't have problem with Butchie at all. Ace/Sanji Evo 3 can one-shot him, if they used in the last of the chain. Even more if I get a Perfect or they're paired with a QCK orb.

I think I've been misunderstanding how people are using these teams, then. Is it like
Zoro
Zoro
(whoever x4)?

I was assuming people were running all DEX teams and I had no idea how they were clearing with that. Is the idea to use dual Zoros just to get their dual HP and ATK?

Fbh

Finally!!!:

sYxs1Jl.png

bjork

I just hit my 20th day and I'm PL 64 but damn, I wish I had discovered this game sooner because I'll be perpetually lagging behind some of the people here. I always make sure I'm using my stamina as efficiently as possible but there's nothing worse than going to bed right when you've just almost leveled up so that you'll waste all the stamina you've accrued overnight when you level up and your meter refills.

Actually yesterday I got a drop from a medium turtle that wound up being a chest only to be disappointed when it was revealed to be cola, not a skill book, and then upon using that 9th cola to fail at upgrading my Merry. That might have been just as bad.

Don't worry about lagging behind, really. People are falling off as time goes on, and even those of us who are playing quite a bit are still behind some of these PL 100+ guys. If you're enjoying it, that's the main thing. :)

Xcution

So look at this the top 10 friends are over plvl 102...makes me sad :p

Also, two runs back to back...here is why I just farm 30 stamina:

This is not my highest damage but close...I can three shot 30 stamina Kuro...Luffy 3rd gear is OP.

If these take too long to load someone has got to tell me how to upload smaller version...I Do not get options to browes my computer to upload sry.

qazqaNii

Yeah, just play casually and enjoy the game, no need to turn this game into a race if you are not going to spend $$. Even if you spend $$ for stamina refills there is only so much content you can look forward to, old events will be repeated so you will not miss anything. The people that already is 130+ is probably just doing the same thing as you do, repeating kuro.

chrono01

I think I've been misunderstanding how people are using these teams, then. Is it like
Zoro
Zoro
(whoever x4)?

I was assuming people were running all DEX teams and I had no idea how they were clearing with that. Is the idea to use dual Zoros just to get their dual HP and ATK?
Oh, are you talking about Kuro Expert? The standard Zeff teams are paired with fighters, so Zeff/Zeff and Ace/Sanji/Luffy/Usopp. But yes, if you want to go the all-DEX + Golden Hammer Usopp route [definitely preferred for Kuro Expert], you'll want Asura Zoro for the 2x ATK and HP for DEX units.

I haven't cleared Kuro Expert yet, since I don't yet have Asura Zoro [still need to level him up a bit before I evolve him], and even if I did, I don't have a lot of viable DEX types [I do have Zeff, Cabaji, Django, etc., but nothing outstanding]. I'm content with farming Elite, though, for Golden Hammer skillbooks. I've only received four since the start of the event, though. :/

Mazre

Productive weekend, evolved my Arlong, got Zoro to 5*, unlocked the first atk upgrade on the Merry Go, and have a stack of Kuro's and Usopp books for the 1st.

_Ryo_

So, a few questions ive been meaning to ask about this game.

1. Once data files are downloaded can the game be played offline?
2. What genre is this game? Rpg? Action Adventure? Tap tap?
3. If you start watching the anime at the story point where the game ends will you know the gist of every main thing that happened in the anime? Basically im asking if the game covers the first 200 eps of the anime can you play it then start on ep 201,without having watched before?
4. Can this game be played and completed in a timely manner without buying any IAP?

chrono01

3. If you start watching the anime at the story point where the game ends will you know the gist of every main thing that happened in the anime? Basically im asking if the game covers the first 200 eps of the anime can you play it then start on ep 201,without having watched before?
4. Can this game be played and completed in a timely manner without buying any IAP?
1) Nope, you'll need to "connect" any time you want to run any content/level up your units/etc. If you don't have an Internet connect, you can't play.

2) It's a "tap-tap" game, but there's timing/rhythm to it. You can also level up/evolve your units, and there's also their Captain Abilities/Special Abilities to consider. It also has a pretty enjoyable story-mode, especially if you're already a fan.

3) They cover the main points pretty well, but obviously it's not as in-depth as the manga/anime. It's not a bad way to experience One Piece, but for the full effect you'll probably want to read the manga/watch the anime alongside the game.

4) Yes, the game is fairly generous giving you decent units [from the event islands], and Namco Bandai has been giving out free Rainbow Gems every day since the release of the game. That being said, a lot of the later event bosses will require better teams, that the in-game gatcha will provide [assuming you're lucky enough to pull them]. That being said, even a boss like Mihawk is possible with a Laboon/Vivi team. It'll take a while, and you might need to spend a couple Rainbow Gems depending on your RNG, but the game [so far] is extremely non-IAP friendly.

qazqaNii

1. No
2. RPG I guess (no idea what Tap Tap is), you level up your characters. Think pokemon with new areas released sometimes.
3. Not sure, I am skipping the story since I already know what the story is about, but they are releasing characters that are far ahead in the anime some of which are introduced at episode:400+.
4. Yes, the game is probably endless you don't have to buy any gems unless you want a specific character, some characters are IAP only but they have been pretty generous giving these out.

_Ryo_

1) Nope, you'll need to "connect" any time you want to run any content/level up your units/etc. If you don't have an Internet connect, you can't play.

2) It's a "tap-tap" game, but there's timing/rhythm to it. You can also level up/evolve your units, and there's also their Captain Abilities/Special Abilities to consider. It also has a pretty enjoyable story-mode, especially if you're already a fan.

3) They cover the main points pretty well, but obviously it's not as in-depth as the manga/anime. It's not a bad way to experience One Piece, but for the full effect you'll probably want to read the manga/watch the anime alongside the game.

4) Yes, the game is fairly generous giving you decent units [from the event islands], and Namco Bandai has been giving out free Rainbow Gems every day since the release of the game. That being said, a lot of the later event bosses will require better teams, that the in-game gatcha will provide [assuming you're lucky enough to pull them]. That being said, even a boss like Mihawk is possible with a Laboon/Vivi team. It'll take a while, and you might need to spend a couple Rainbow Gems depending on your RNG, but the game [so far] is extremely non-IAP friendly.

Thanks. It looks like a fun game but unfortunately, since it's online only im out... I travel a bit into more rural areas quite frequently and the connection often drops out, and i cant support the principle of always online in any case. :/ really too bad as i was hoping to catch up in a fun way to watch the anime.

Once again, thank you for the response, it was greatly appreciated.

Top Bottom