• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Playing through the Laboon story line got me feeling a couple of feels, especially *manga spoiler*
since we now know what actually happened to the pirate crew. Can't wait until Brooke reunites with Laboon eventually.

I felt the same. Crocus with his funny hair had me feeling all nostalgic.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
PXltPxn.jpg

Bam, my purple team is complete for now.

Majukun

Vivi heals her RCV each turn. Laboon makes it so if you have over 50% of your total health, you will survive then ext attack if it would kill you. The teamwork means Laboon saves you, and Vivi heals you above that 50% mark each turn so you will always be saved.

So as long as neither unit is locked, as long as there is only one enemy on the field you are literally invincible. Mihawk's 25,000 damage attack cannot kill you because of Laboon, for instance (though this requires a Princess Vivi at least level 72 to heal enough to overcome Mihawk's damage each turn.

So the only trick is managing to kill stages with multiple enemies. People generally stock their teams with Vivi, Laboon, and crabs (decent damage, low health). You want to keep your total health down else the amount needed for laboon to save you will be too high for Vivi to heal.

are dragons ok too?

i think i'll farn vivi between the two...it costs a lot more in terms of exp but it's useful for other team too,while laboon seems viable only like this

Ugh 10 Ussop books. A whole 1 skill level up. Then used 15 kuro's and only got 3 level ups. On well at least I pulled an elder turtle worth my friend points

Majukun

Ugh 10 Ussop books. A whole 1 skill level up. Then used 15 kuro's and only got 3 level ups. On well at least I pulled an elder turtle worth my friend points

wo..now I feel really lucky..has 16 skillbooks,maxed the skill with 11 of them..now i have 5 skill books nd ntthing to use them on

on the other end my kuro is lv 2 -_-

by the way..can you lv up arlong skill feeding him other arlongs?or you need the enraged arlong skillbook?

Hisoka

Rainbow Penguins appear on the last Laboom Stage??
Edit: Ahh ok just checked the sheet, 5% chance lol
Laboom hates me

Hisoka

I got a rainbow penguin drop on the first level! Grand line indeed.

Congrats xD he just appeared on my stage, he didn't want to be with me xD

COMPLAINING ON GAF IS MUST! LOOK AT THIS PRETTY BOYA *___*

eCCOLci.jpg

Edit: and look at this pretty screenshot xD thanks my fellow gaffer with this imgur app :D

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Imgur app is how I upload so many pictures!

I stumbled upon this land of dreams...

WM1YCe1.jpg

And then boom*.

2bStOKQ.jpg

did not happen in this order

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Does anyone jnow if Laboom has the same drop rate on both stages or is one higher than the other?
I think it's the same on both. Just like with Kuro, Arlong and the other story mode bosses.

Done nothing but farm the Laboon stage today....still no drop.

Hitting Laboon is starting to bother me. Especially when he starts crying at low health. =(

cw_sasuke

Done nothing but farm the Laboon stage today....still no drop.

Hitting Laboon is starting to bother me. Especially when he starts crying at low health. =(

Good im not the only one...im sorry Laboon :-/

Perona

Got a Laboon from the last stage on my first try. Glad I don't have to farm it, now I can just focus on Miss Wednesday.

How good of a pull was enraged Arlong for my 5 berries?

He's a very good unit. He blows through story mode for the most part. Are you starting a new account, or is this for a current account?

On a different note: Have we heard anything about when the other Ships will be released over here? I've got 23 cola saved up, but I think I'm just going to wait until the new ships come out, instead of trying to upgrade the other current ships.

cw_sasuke

btw. would be cool if you could put the picture in a quote before posting - too many big ass screens on one page feels like i am in the monthly pick Up thread xD

bjork

Vivi heals her RCV each turn. Laboon makes it so if you have over 50% of your total health, you will survive then ext attack if it would kill you. The teamwork means Laboon saves you, and Vivi heals you above that 50% mark each turn so you will always be saved.

So as long as neither unit is locked, as long as there is only one enemy on the field you are literally invincible. Mihawk's 25,000 damage attack cannot kill you because of Laboon, for instance (though this requires a Princess Vivi at least level 72 to heal enough to overcome Mihawk's damage each turn.

So the only trick is managing to kill stages with multiple enemies. People generally stock their teams with Vivi, Laboon, and crabs (decent damage, low health). You want to keep your total health down else the amount needed for laboon to save you will be too high for Vivi to heal.

The way I understand it, the idea behind a lv72 Vivi is not for Laboon, but for Lion Song Zoro friend captain, but that isn't useful for the 40-stamina Mihawk.

The Vivi-Laboon duo appears to work as long as you're strong enough to get through the waves prior, as you mentioned. That one video has a 4* vivi, a laboon, and some crabs and the dude beats Mihawk.

Xcution

5% rate on Laboon my butt. More like .00005%, i have used 150 stam on him and it is 0.5x stam as well. Omg!

Bad zeff memories!!!

Majukun

wasting a ton of stamina trying to get laboon..no result..apart from that time when i thought i got it and got a bag of money

chrono01

Mihawk confirmed for end of April. Nice.

Perfect. Will give it a try in a bit as well.

Edit:

Yessir got Usopp max skilled, as well as Kuro but he was already in Skill level 4.

Here my Usopp results.

1/5
4/5

So it took me 10 cards to max skill him, I have 3 cards left over, my 2nd attempt was quite nice with 4 skill ups.

For Kuro

1/5
3/5

Which was enough to max skill him. Very nice result. Both times my 2nd attempt was more successful.

YAAAAS !! maxed out Hammer Ussop special.
Wow, congrats you two!

Here was my results:

1/5 [first batch] - Not looking good... :(
3/5 second batch - Looking better! Still, with only two books remaining, I';m not hopeful--
2/2 [Final Batch] - ...Wow. I'm surprised.

So Hammer Usopp max skilled, and it feels great!

5 Usopp skill books... 0 skill ups, sad times :( RNG seems to hate me. What other chance is there to skill him up?

Had 6 Usopp books and only got 2 special ups....oh well. Knew I wasn't going to max him out with that many, but I just could not get the stupid things to drop for me.

Yeah, had 19 skill books - only skill level 4.

My condolences to you all. :(

At least we know the Kuro Event Island will return later on, although it won't be for the extended two week time period. Don't give up!

Oddly enough, I only reached Skill Level 5 with Kuro, despite having 23 of him. I'm not terribly destroyed, though, I'm just relieved God Hammer Usopp is done with.

I didn't get a whole lot out of my FP recruits, a few turtles [A LOT of fodder], and a couple evolution material.

Ferga

I hate how the special and leader skills arent detailed.

"This will work at a certain amount of health" is pretty stupid.

koryuken

The way I understand it, the idea behind a lv72 Vivi is not for Laboon, but for Lion Song Zoro friend captain, but that isn't useful for the 40-stamina Mihawk.

The Vivi-Laboon duo appears to work as long as you're strong enough to get through the waves prior, as you mentioned. That one video has a 4* vivi, a laboon, and some crabs and the dude beats Mihawk.

Correct, people are getting confused. 72 Vivi is for a tank Zoro team, which doesn't even work for the 40 STA stage.

Laboon will work as long as you are fighting one enemy and Vivi can heal over 51% HP of your team(her level can be very low if you just use crabs). In either scenario, people are likely going to need revives just to get to Mihawk with these gimped teams.

Personally, I'm going try a double G3 Luffy team with revives on the 40 sta island first.

Ferga

I've heard Vivi+Zoro can get through 40 stamina.

You just need high levels units with Alvida/ Smoker and Usopp specials ready for when Mihawk gets low on hp.

But it's still not recommended. You need to be really good at hitting perfects, surviving the prior rounds and get some luck with orbs.

I still don't know if I want to attempt 30 stamina 3 times to get lucky with rng drops before using a gem to refill and do 40stamina with laboon/vivi. I really want to avoid laboon/vivi. Going to get bored out of my mind doing that for a hour.

koryuken

I still don't know if I want to attempt 30 stamina 3 times to get lucky with rng drops before using a gem to refill and do 40stamina with laboon/vivi. I really want to avoid laboon/vivi. Going to get bored out of my mind doing that for a hour.

The problem with Laboon/Vivi is getting to Mihawk lol. I confirmed that the special only works against one enemy. If multiple enemies hit you, it's game over. So my concern isn't waiting an hour on Mihawk (although it would suck), but spending 30 gems just getting to him with a team of crabs lol.

Ferga

The problem with Laboon/Vivi is getting to Mihawk lol. I confirmed that the special only works against one enemy. If multiple enemies hit you, it's game over. So my concern isn't waiting an hour on Mihawk (although it would suck), but spending 30 gems just getting to him with a team of crabs lol.

Oh. Thanks for clearing that up. I always thought Laboon Vivi was a no fruit run.

I guess I'll just go for 2x30stamina runs and then do a 40stamina with dual G3 luffy if rng isn't in my favour.

koryuken

Oh. Thanks for clearing that up. I always thought Laboon Vivi was a no fruit run.

I guess I'll just go for 2x30stamina runs and then do a 40stamina with dual G3 luffy if rng isn't in my favour.

I'm thinking the same ;) it seems like it's virtually impossible to do a no fruit on 40 sta Mihawk unless your dual G3 is super lucky on orbs and you don't miss any prefects. I think they set it up this way on purpose to steal our fruit ;)

40 Mihawk is definitely possible with a Gear Third team though, right? Or rather, it's a doable team? I think Mihawk is one of the guys I want the most, hah. People are gonna be hella thrown off by his crew cost, though!

Xcution

I think we will be going for 50 to 100 rounds again lol

This will be my last few runs 312 stamina on laboon is very annoying and makes me want to delete the game so i will just farm Arlong and get turtles. Lol.

312 / 6 = 52 laboon runs. These devs can keep this damn whale. Lol.

Ferga

40 Mihawk is definitely possible with a Gear Third team though, right? Or rather, it's a doable team? I think Mihawk is one of the guys I want the most, hah. People are gonna be hella thrown off by his crew cost, though!

Its completely doable with Gear 3 teams. You can look up some vids on youtube.

You can do it with no fruits if you get lucky with 3-4 orbs on your highest attack units over 4 turns. (I think I saw an Orbed up unit take off almost 1/4 of Mihawk's health in one of the vids.)

The moment mihawk hits the 20% life mark, it's all up to you to save as much fruits as you can because he's going to one shot you every time he attacks. For every turn you screw up perfects to get the attack multiplier, you lose 1 fruit.

Found the video: https://youtu.be/e6jkwNyARFM?t=474

Top Bottom