• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Copons

Whoooooaaaa i thought pirate penguins were added to the weekly islands. At least, i just used 20 stamina...

Yeah, I was (eagerly) expecting a pirate penguin island but nnnnope.
I guess I'll have to hope to find (and drop!) a green pirate penguin at Twin Cape 10th while farming Laboon. :(

sasari

9 pulls for me

Buggy...
Sanji Plastic Surgery
Hachi
Fat Alvidia
Mr.5
Sanji Plastic Surgery...
Heavy Chopper
Fine Tempo Nami
SHANKS!

That'll do me, Shanks makes up for it. Totally ran out of gems now though

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Congrats and welcome to the Gear 3 club. :)

Thanks man :)
Tried his team a bit and will surely take time to get used to it. Better now than later so I'll probably want to get familiar with the Mihawk team asap. Missing perfects really sucks with G3, way more hectical than with Rayleigh were you can still dish out mayor damage as long as you don't break the chain.

I probably would be more impressed if I hadn't witness Rayleigh lol.

What does the Gear 3 Luffy team against Mihawk look like? 2 Gear 3 Luffy, Arlong, Golden Pound are must have from what I read.

2 Team spots left and I have Thin Alvida, Evo Smoker, Devil Sanji and Marco as potential Subs.

I was thinking of Smoker and Alvida but don't know have to check again if you can stall along for their actives.

reviving for mihawk if you don't have a team that can kill it before it kills you.

also count that sooner or later the "1 day=1 gem" promotion are gonna end..
Sure about that? The Jpn version still get plenty of free fruits regularly.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
So 3 WB drops total? It really is like hitting the lotto. I managed to max both Vista and Marco with my stocked turtles.

Majukun

I got princess vivi, I can use her for Mihawk in some way right?

you need a friend with laboon

as long as it is a 4 star vivi yes,you can use it..but the stronger the vivi is ,the stronger are the units you are gonna be able to put in your team...and while with the right setup mihawk can't kill you no matter what..the guys on the stages before him can..so it's better to have guys that can at least defeat them swiftly

Ferga

reviving for mihawk if you don't have a team that can kill it before it kills you.

also count that sooner or later the "1 day=1 gem" promotion are gonna end..

Actually they're having a new event to celebrate 2 million downloads. Gem/day until the 20th April

you need a friend with laboon

as long as it is a 4 star vivi yes,you can use it..but the stronger the vivi is ,the stronger are the units you are gonna be able to put in your team...and while with the right setup mihawk can't kill you no matter what..the guys on the stages before him can..so it's better to have guys that can at least defeat them swiftly

Okay I'll keep leveling Vivi then, she's at level 30 something right now.

I wouldn't worry about daily gems, they'll always find a random excuse to give them away.

Thanks man :)
Tried his team a bit and will surely take time to get used to it. Better now than later so I'll probably want to get familiar with the Mihawk team asap. Missing perfects really sucks with G3, way more hectical than with Rayleigh were you can still dish out mayor damage as long as you don't break the chain.

I probably would be more impressed if I hadn't witness Rayleigh lol.

What does the Gear 3 Luffy team against Mihawk look like? 2 Gear 3 Luffy, Arlong, Golden Pound are must have from what I read.

2 Team spots left and I have Thin Alvida, Evo Smoker, Devil Sanji and Marco as potential Subs.

I was thinking of Smoker and Alvida but don't know have to check again if you can stall along for their actives.

Sure about that? The Jpn version still get plenty of free fruits regularly.
Alvida should be there, she will grant you one extra turn if you miss your perfect or get bad orb RNG. Last spot could be sanji for easy 6/7 clear (if you can get his special ready on time) or any unit you can easily hit perfect with.

You'll need some training for G3, hit the 0-stamina island and practice your perfects.

qazqaNii

Had to make as little rolls as possible, so I let my family members roll for me, my initial thoughts were two rolls;

Member #1, Roll #1 = Shanks (Didn't have him yet, so thats great start)
Member #2, Roll #2 = Jozu (Thats sweet, this is going good I guess I have the same luck)
ME = KURO (fuck this shit).

Might do one more later tonight.

Now mr qazqaNii hast to get this vivi to level 72 ;-) are there more high level vivis out there? I think added everyone from the google doc.
She is lvl 68 atm, so no worries :D.

cw_sasuke

Alvida should be there, she will grant you one extra turn if you miss your perfect or get bad orb RNG. Last spot could be sanji for easy 6/7 clear (if you can get his special ready on time) or any unit you can easily hit perfect with.

You'll need some training for G3, hit the 0-stamina island and practice your perfects.

Just checked again - even at Lvl 40 Alvida has a surprisingly high ATK, she seems like a must have and deals extra damage to the Boss.

Stalling for 15 rounds till Stage 4 might be pushing it though, but there is no easier way i guess. You would have 4 rounds to take Mihawk out - so around 300k per round dmg is needed.

Mazre

Went in with 35 fruit, told myself just 3 pulls.

Coby
Mr 3
Mr 2 4*
Decide to do 1 more.
Gear 3rd Luffy!

RalchAC

I wouldn't worry about daily gems, they'll always find a random excuse to give them away.

Yeah. I don't think they'll ever stop giving away gems. I'm sure many F2P people has finally spend some money on the game in this SugoFest.

After doing 5 pulls with the fruits I've been saving for a while I've been hesitating about buying the 19.99€ pack for 5 minutes (doesn't help that my drops sucked really, really hard). If I had had some extra spare money in my bank account (which I don't) I would have bitten without remorse, since I'm having a lot of fun with the game.

And I've needed more willpower than I should to avoid the temptation.

Do you think they'll give some Treasure Cruise related pre-order bonus with Pirate Warriors 3? I think they did something like that in Japan.

cw_sasuke

Yeah PW 3 included a Kid Sabo Treasure Cruise code i think ...dont know if they will do the same for the western version, nothing announced so far i think.

Cbajd5

Spent 40 stones on my main account because I had 41:

2x Kuro (?, 1 Skill Up)
2x V2 Usopp
Bon Clay
God Usopp (No skill up)
Evolved Ms Golden Week
Gin

Decided to start a alt account on iOS figuring today would be a good day to reroll and get a good start. First roll:

Balloon Luffy
Tashigi

Since I have G3 Luffy on my main account this definitely wouldn't be a bad complement once its up to speed.

Everybody talks about how important Nico Robin and Towel Nami are for Int teams, but honestly to me it seems like Vista's captain abilty and stats are much better.

qazqaNii

Anyone know how hard buggy expert is? Don't want to waste my 30 stamina.

Thinking of going with:
Arlong Friend
Vivi Captain
Asura Zoro
4* Shanks (lv 28)
GOD Usopp
Arlong

Any ideas?

Xcution

Are tired of the game and you want to stop playing or something?

Just curious, I'm not interested in buying your account.

I am willing to sell with good offer. The game is fin for story just dedicating too much time to it. I am a huge OP fan and while watching OP i play this, just too much time. If not i will play casually.

Thinking of going with:
Arlong Friend
Vivi Captain
Asura Zoro
4* Shanks (lv 28)
GOD Usopp
Arlong

Any ideas?
I don't remember for sure, but i think his hits are 5000 in damage
I defeated him with Arlong 91, Friend Arlong 99, Asura Zoro 58, Buggy 70, Kuro 68 and Usopp.
He managed to hit me one time.

Nibel

So my brother's friend achieved this

foto08.04.15143349iwqjc.jpg

qazqaNii

I don't remember for sure, but i think his hits are 5000 in damage
I defeated him with Arlong 91, Friend Arlong 99, Asura Zoro 58, Buggy 70, Kuro 68 and Usopp.
He managed to hit me one time.

Oh, do you know how many turns he had to wait for the next attack?

Thanks btw, will try him in 2 hours when I got the stamina.

Ferga

I had a close call with expert buggy with double gear 3 team.

You really need to stall usopp special by getting hit by the turtle and crabs. Almost every single hard hitting mob in there has 1 turn to hit you so you need to clear them ASAP.

If you dont have usopp special by the last round, you really need to hit those perfects

Qmzn

Neo Member

The stage is designed to be a race, to keep you from Vivi stalling. They want you to burst through with multiplied damage teams, like Zeff/Zeff, G3/G3, Shanks/Marco, et cetera. There are INT crossbow assassins on at least two of the stages that will probably ruin most mid-level teams if they get an attack.

About the only way you could stall is by pairing Vivi with a really low-level or naturally low ATK unit like Gaimon, but that's just one less damage dealer you'll have against Buggy.

What you listed isn't going to get you through without a lot of luck. I just tried with Lv.60/52 5* Shanks leads, Lv.31 Bon Clay and a Lv.45 Skill Lv.4 GP Usopp and failed due to mistiming my stall at the end, and that was with some lucky meat drops saving my ass on the way. If you still want to try, some pointers:

- Cabaji shows up on stage 3, I think. He's got around as much HP as Chu on Arlong Elite (not Expert). He hits for around 2500 and comes with two upgraded thugs. It's really difficult on earlier stages to stall for specials, so you'll need to be ready to hit him with big damage. Took me three rounds with decent orb rolls.

- There's two turtle stages, at stage 2 and stage 6, if I recall. They're not too tough, but there's not enough enemies on them to keep you there for long. Stage 6 had an INT crab, though, and I imagine he hits hard if you don't have the damage to blast past his defense or DJ Sanji/Vista him to death.

- Buggy came in with 2 rounds before his attack, but the rest of his crew came in with 1 round and wiped me. You'll need an immediate Usopp stall to take care of the 6 INT guys surrounding Buggy (again, PSY units, big help), and then it's a race to the finish.

It's a lot like Elite Buggy, just with absurd damage.

RalchAC

The stage is designed to be a race, to keep you from Vivi stalling. They want you to burst through with multiplied damage teams, like Zeff/Zeff, G3/G3, Shanks/Marco, et cetera. There are INT crossbow assassins on at least two of the stages that will probably ruin most mid-level teams if they get an attack.

About the only way you could stall is by pairing Vivi with a really low-level or naturally low ATK unit like Gaimon, but that's just one less damage dealer you'll have against Buggy.

What you listed isn't going to get you through without a lot of luck. I just tried with Lv.60/52 5* Shanks leads, Lv.31 Bon Clay and a Lv.45 Skill Lv.4 GP Usopp and failed due to mistiming my stall at the end, and that was with some lucky meat drops saving my ass on the way. If you still want to try, some pointers:

- Cabaji shows up on stage 3, I think. He's got around as much HP as Chu on Arlong Elite (not Expert). He hits for around 2500 and comes with two upgraded thugs. It's really difficult on earlier stages to stall for specials, so you'll need to be ready to hit him with big damage. Took me three rounds with decent orb rolls.

- There's two turtle stages, at stage 2 and stage 6, if I recall. They're not too tough, but there's not enough enemies on them to keep you there for long. Stage 6 had an INT crab, though, and I imagine he hits hard if you don't have the damage to blast past his defense or DJ Sanji/Vista him to death.

- Buggy came in with 2 rounds before his attack, but the rest of his crew came in with 1 round and wiped me. You'll need an immediate Usopp stall to take care of the 6 INT guys surrounding Buggy (again, PSY units, big help), and then it's a race to the finish.

It's a lot like Elite Buggy, just with absurd damage.

Does Buggy deals a lot of damage? I found it quite easier than Arlong Expert TBH.

I had a Zeff/Zeff team (with 2G Luffy, DJ Sanji, Miss Valentine and GP Ussop). With my Luffy, which has almost 1000 ATK, I was able to defeat Cabaji in 2 turns (+ 1 turn for the mobs), and it would have been less if I had got a matching orb.

I saved my DJ Sanji special for 7/7, in order to kill the high defence mobs without problems. After that + 3 turn delay Buggy was a breeze.

I know we have a few members that have Shanks teams, but how effective are they in the long run? I managed to pull a 4* Shanks last night, but I hate to dump a lot of resources into him and it not be worth it.

After my pulls last night, here are my basic options:

1) Keep working on my Arlong/Slasher team. With Mihawk dropping soon, this is definitely not a bad option, but I feel like it's going to lose speed as the game progresses. Not so much for the story mode, but moreso for the special events.

2) Shanks/Psy team. I've also got Bon Clay, dude in a Treasure box, Impact Dial Usopp/Hammer Usopp, and first stage Vivi. I really like the characters for this team, but, as I mentioned, I'm worried that it might fall off later on. I know Garp will be great, but who knows if I'll be able to even pull him.

3) Jozu/Quick team. I don't have Ace, so I would be relying on Horn Point Chopper, Diable Sanji, GirlWithTheUmbrella, and Tashigi here.

Thoughts?

Qmzn

Neo Member
Does Buggy deals a lot of damage?

Personally, I don't know. A friend of mine said it's around 4500 or so.

I saved my DJ Sanji special for 7/7, in order to kill the high defence mobs without problems. After that + 3 turn delay Buggy was a breeze.

That's a good idea, except it means burning 15-turns before Buggy. I was having trouble getting 13 turns without dying. I need to figure out a good place to stall.

I know we have a few members that have Shanks teams, but how effective are they in the long run? I managed to pull a 4* Shanks last night, but I hate to dump a lot of resources into him and it not be worth it.

Shanks is well-known as the PSY lead, but he's also really good in Slasher crew if you can get him to 5*. His timing is consistent, great stats, and he's PSY, which means there's no opposing-orb enemies to ruin his damage output. Personally, I just find him fun to use, in all his armless... ness.

I've seen dual-Shanks teams in many screenshots of the JP version, especially fighting Krieg and Hogback. I just think any 2.5x captain is going to be useful in the long run, like Ace.

I know Garp will be great, but who knows if I'll be able to even pull him.

I was under the impression that Laboon/Vivi/Alvida can grind through his 40 stamina event stage and get him as a drop. It's slow going, but supposedly effective.

RalchAC

That's a good idea, except it means burning 15-turns before Buggy. I was having trouble getting 13 turns without dying. I need to figure out a good place to stall.

Are you stalling a bit everywhere? Like leaving the enemy with the longest cooldown alive until it reaches 1. That could help a bit.

pelicansurf

Everybody talks about how important Nico Robin and Towel Nami are for Int teams, but honestly to me it seems like Vista's captain abilty and stats are much better.
If you need health, sure, but I'd rather have Vista as a unit in a towel Nami team for 5x damage instead of 4x. My purple team is: Towel Nami, Vista, Evolved Nico Robin, Candle Sword Mr. 3, and evolved Don Krieg. It does work.

Vista is a fucking horse. Speaking of horses, I now need 3 more seahorse kings, which means I have to choose between evolving Vista/Marco/Shanks. How depressing. I want to evolve you all.

Ferga

I stalled on the 6/7 crab. Once the crab hits you, it goes on a 7 turn delay.

Shanks is arguably the best PSY leader we have right now - only competition he has is Marco but that 100% HP requirement hurts him - but he'll be outclassed by Garp soon-ish. Garp isn't a RR unit btw, he's a raid boss like Mihawk so just get your Laboon/Vivi/Lion Song/INT team ready and you'll get him. The problem with Shanks is that PSY units don't have high stats so they can't use that x6.25 ATK boost very well, Garp's 4x ATK&HP will be much more useful for the team. It might take a couple months or so before we get Garp (maybe less if they rush raid bosses as well) so up to you to decide if it's worth the investment.

Keep i mind that you can also use Shanks as a sub in your Garp team or in your Mihawk team as a PSY slasher. Using Shanks + Friend Garp captains might be a cool combo as well.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Are you stalling a bit everywhere? Like leaving the enemy with the longest cooldown alive until it reaches 1. That could help a bit.

Yeah, I just need to get more aggressive with it, take some key survivable hits. Like Ferga said, I had more than enough HP to stall against the final crab, and I'm kicking myself that I didn't.

I'll get it next time, once my Shanks friend pops back up in the list.

fulsome

So this is what I pulled:

- Hatchan x 2
- Don Krieg
- Miss Valentine
- Mr. 5
- Usopp (Hammer)
- Gin the Man-Demon
- Usopp (Impact)
- Mr. 2 Bon Clay (Bombardier Arabesque)

Old team:

- Usopp Tabasco Star
- Chef Sanji (Hot Rock Stew)
- Luffy (Gum-Gum Bazooka)
- Zoro (Pound Phoenix)
- Kuro

Also have:

- Mr 2 Bon Clay
- Nami (Mirage tempo)

Who should I focus on keeping together as a team?

If you need health, sure, but I'd rather have Vista as a unit in a towel Nami team for 5x damage instead of 4x. My purple team is: Towel Nami, Vista, Evolved Nico Robin, Candle Sword Mr. 3, and evolved Don Krieg. It does work.

Vista is a fucking horse. Speaking of horses, I now need 3 more seahorse kings, which means I have to choose between evolving Vista/Marco/Shanks. How depressing. I want to evolve you all.

I don't have a Robin or Towel anyways. My purple would have to be Vista, Evolved Krieg, Mr. 3, Evolved Buggy, and a regular evolved Nami for now.

So here's my dilemma, GAF. I have 4 fruits. If I bought just one more fruit I could get another pull. I'm very tempted. As I type this, I've decided to do it. Wish me luck... Shanks, Marco, Whitebeard, Towel Nami, Nico Robin... plenty to go for.

No... NO COBY GO AWAY. COBY NO STOP.

Edit: Got mad. Yolo pulled 12 more times.

Gear Third.
Miss Valentine
A THIRD Jozu
A third Chef Sanji
Fine Tempo Nami (WOO!!!)
Third Default Chopper
2nd Normal Sanji
2nd Fine Tempo Nami
2nd Impact Dial
3rd Normal Sanji
2nd Evolved Krieg
Miss Wednesday.

*2nd and 3rd means within the last 24 hours of pulls

Done for good now hah.

Coldphire

Neo Member
Just realized that Jozu is a fighter this morning. With his massive HP switching him in place of Mr. 2 Bon Clay gives my Zeff / Zeff team over 8,000 HP so I can take 1 hit from Expert Arlong. If I can get to him with that much left. Going to give it a shot as soon as I get enough Stamina.

pelicansurf

I had faith in my pull skills until yesterday. I mean I guess I still should with Marco, 5-star Izo, Vista, and Shanks, but I wanted that Whitebeard so badly. Gah.

bjork

Threw a few pulls, got

Marco
another Marco
Gear 3 Luffy
Evolved Kuro
Impact Dial Usopp (and I had the hammer one at like level 34... go figure)

I tried a WB friend captain, and outside of cool factor I don't feel bad about not pulling him. Later I tried a Vista, and I think I'd like to have a Vista. Didn't see the other characters yet. Only WB is 24h, and the other whitebeard crew people are in the regular pull rotation now, is that right?

Top Bottom