• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

bjork

I've been feeding Nami skill books to Vivi because they're a fixed amount of XP. Turtles seem to have gone extinct in my grand line recently.

Majukun

I've been feeding Nami skill books to Vivi because they're a fixed amount of XP. Turtles seem to have gone extinct in my grand line recently.

on mine too...there's not realy much to do lately for me..no laboon or vivi will drop no matter how many time i try,and arlong,both 15 and 30 stamina isn't really delivering in terms of drops.

on mine too...there's not realy much to do lately for me..no laboon or vivi will drop no matter how many time i try,and arlong,both 15 and 30 stamina isn't really delivering in terms of drops.

I ran into one of those elusive 5 teen turtle rounds earlier. I killed four of them without a drop. Killed the last one and it dropped a bag of beri.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
@StMeph, Qmzn

Thanks both of yo - makes sense. the users not wanting to evolve probably just didnt wanna spend exp and evo material on him since his leader skill is the same evolved and non evolved and he is outclassed by Asura Zoro in every other case.

I haven't really played too much after I pulled for the whitebeard event (no luck..) but I did end up with a bunch of these. Any recommendations who I should focus on leveling up for upcoming events? I was sorta thinking of building a team around Princess Vivi but I'm not super sure anymore? I just like having her as my captain to help my friends out.

2b9c4pPl.png
WsjqSIWl.png

cw_sasuke

Looking at your box i would work on the following:

- getting a team ready for Mihawk, you have v2 Zoro so you should be fine running the 30 stamina version a couple of times when teaming up with Vivi and getting the drop.

- level and evolve Arlong as well as Shanks, once you get Mihawk you will have a nice Slasher team with Asura Zoro, Shanks, Arlong, Tashigi, Buggy ( Golden Pound Usopp if needed) covering every element.

- once you have evolved Shanks you will have a kickass PSY team with Chopper, Vivi, Mr. 2, Golden Pound chopper. You need to evolve Mr. 2 to get his Meat changer skill - Chopper + Mr. 2 = burst

We will get some really god Event Island PSY units like Coby and Garp, further improving your already strong PSY team. Definitely would focus on that in addition to your standby Slasher team.

If you want to help out friends with your Vivi for Mihawk you might wanna level her up a bit, i think +70 is recommended so she can be used in combination with Lion Zoro and the 30 stamina dungeon or with higher HP units in a Laboon team.

Qmzn

Neo Member
You don't level Laboon in this case because you're just raising the total HP for not much gain in Attack.

I feel like there needs to be a bolded warning on all Mihawk Vivi/Laboon guides that instructs players not to level Laboon, and to shoot for the Lv.5 one that comes from the second-to-last Twin Cape. The more HP to allocate to other party members, the better.

You need to evolve Mr. 2 to get his Meat changer skill - Chopper + Mr. 2 = burst

As an alternative to Chopper, there's Johnny, Gaimon, and eventually Brogy/Dory. The interesting thing about them is that they all share the exact same skill (RCV Slot Storm), which means you can use any of them interchangeably to get Skill Level Ups (at least, according to the Japanese guides). Since Johnny and Gaimon sometimes drop from FP recruit, it might be a good idea to start saving them for Little Garden's release and/or the next Skill x2 event.

Unfortunately, the meat-generating skill Chopper uses has a different name, and Brain Point Chopper uses yet another name.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Are characters like choo, kuroobi,gin and cabaji worth keeping?

At the moment, not really, unless you like looking at their sprites or want to mess with their tandems. Choo and Kuroobi have one with Hachi and Arlong that isn't bad.

Later on, well, like tadabola said, the Japanese version has "missions" that require you to use low-tier characters like Chore-boy Coby/Helmeppo in certain stages, with modest rewards such as Rainbow Gems and Elder Turtles. If there are ever missions like this for Arlong Park, odds are good they will utilize Choo and Kuroobi. Baratie will likely use Gin, and Orange Town will use Cabaji.

Later on, well, like tadabola said, the Japanese version has "missions" that require you to use low-tier characters like Chore-boy Coby/Helmeppo in certain stages, with modest rewards such as Rainbow Gems and Elder Turtles. If there are ever missions like this for Arlong Park, odds are good they will utilize Choo and Kuroobi. Baratie will likely use Gin, and Orange Town will use Cabaji.

There are ones that require specific versions of those units? I hope none require earlier versions of units (unevolved). I keep all my units now, but I evolve them all.

chrono01

I was hoping when I read "Expanded Event Islands", and especially after getting an Intermediate Gold daily, that we'd get the upgraded versions of the Penguin dailies too. I need a Red Pirate Penguin for my Gear Third Luffy. I'm not looking forward to farming Loguetown for it. :/

I need a Purple Pirate Penguin for Towel Nami too. I'm doomed.

Edit:

Also, it looks like "Crush Krieg's Assault" will begin on April 14th [Diable Jambe Sanji skillbook on Expert], and Whiskey Peak coming late April!

I got some really good pulls the other day and just got lagoon. Can anyone suggest some teams for me.
4J2kYxT.png
jZPUhSd.png

I also farmed needed fusion for a bunch of characters.

Heng

I got some really good pulls the other day and just got lagoon. Can anyone suggest some teams for me.
http://i.imgur.com/3QqyTGB
http://i.imgur.com/onT0Awy

Wow it looks like you can form any type of team you want. You could use strongest characters + god Usopp + WB or G3 Luffy, slasher team, int team, or psy team.

I'd personally would choose strongest characters + god Usopp + WB or G3 Luffy.

chrono01

http://i.imgur.com/3QqyTGB
http://i.imgur.com/onT0Awy

/jealous

Yeah, you've got pretty much all of the best units. Whitebeard [WHITEBEARD!!!], Gear Third Luffy, Ace, Vista, Blumenco, Jozu, Shanks, Marco, Towel Nami, Nico Robin...the list goes on. You can go with pretty much any team you want, although I'd recommend either a Third Gear Luffy or Whitebeard team. Since they're not locked to a specific type, you can use your best units to make up your team, assuming you can stomach the cost to do so.

Congrats on those pulls, BTW.

I'm not sure I have enough points for wb team. I run a slasher and dex team atm. I'll post in a second on what they are. I'm a newb to building good teams. So any helpful builds for luffy what or vivi would be appreciated.
My Slasher Dex and Tandem team builds
ZYCcWqq.png
pjB0vdi.png
bqrqDFK.png

Now I have TWO Laboons! All I need now is for Usopp to stop being an incompetent lazy bastard actually upgrade my Merry. I feel like I've been stuck at 8/10 upgrades for weeks now.

Rurunaki

I'm not sure I have enough points for wb team. I run a slasher and dex team atm. I'll post in a second on what they are. I'm a newb to building good teams. So any helpful builds for luffy what or vivi would be appreciated.
My Slasher Dex and Tandem team builds

G3 Luffy

Arlong
Kuro
Hammer Ussop
Heavy Point Chopper (if you don't have Alvida)

Vivi against Mihawk is basically

Vivi
Laboon (friend)

Arlong
blue crab
green crab
purple crab

G3 Luffy

Arlong
Kuro
Hammer Ussop
Heavy Point Chopper (if you don't have Alvida)

Vivi against Mihawk is basically

Vivi
Laboon (friend)

Arlong
blue crab
green crab
purple crab

Could you explain to me why those units over others like say ace or wb crew for gear3. Sorry just trying to learn.

Well I guess I need another 20 levels on vivi and need some Laboon friends to add.

Heng

Could you explain to me why those units over others like say ace or wb crew. Sorry just trying to learn.
That group probably offers the most damage that you can make atm. I'm not sure you have enough points to make a WB crew since he will take up half your points.

I would use G3 Luffy as captain followed by Arlong, Zoro (or Vista), Usopp, and Alvida. Arlong, Zoro/Vista, and Luffy will serve as your damage dealers, and Usopp for his turn delay and Alvida for her special whenever you're in a tight spot. Zoro/Vista can be substituted for any other strong characters, and Alvida can be substituted for Brain Point Chopper, Smoker, Marco, Mr.3, or any other utility unit.

Could you explain to me why those units over others like say ace or wb crew for gear3. Sorry just trying to learn.

Well I guess I need another 20 levels on vivi and need some Laboon friends to add.

G3 Luffy is more of a raid boss killer leader. I wouldn't recommend using him until you're really good at hitting perfects only because G3 Luffy teams are very vulnerable to enemy mobs and one or two mistakes can cost you a run. Three perfects in a row on a G3 Luffy team (with a G3 Luffy friend captain) will grant you 12.25x attack on every subsequent attack after you hit those three perfects. Compare that to the max multiplier of 6.25x that double captain leads like Ace, Shanks, and Towel Nami can get you. It sounds easy but there's little room for error.

This really isn't all that much of an issue for you since you pretty much have all the best units in the current meta and could make a killer team regardless. The only unit you're missing is Zeff, which gives you the benefit of being a 2.5x attack leader but also allows you to use different colored orb characters so long as they're a fighter class. That might not really be necessary for you since you have Shanks and an unevolved Towel Nami which both grant you 2.5 attack leads by orb types that aren't resisted by any other orb type.

Here's a good guide for you to check out, some of the Whitebeard crew members are missing however since it was made prior to their release but I'm not sure you'd have the points to fit them in most of your teams anyway.

Damage. Whitebeard has a high crew cost so for most players building a top tier 'full team' is still out of reach. Ace teams don't do nearly the damage Gear Third teams do.

You could always go for Lion Song friends. I don't get why everybody is tending so much more towards Laboon. Unless everybody is for sure going for the 40 stamina one.

I have Lion Song and Laboon so I plan on being used during the event either way. Prolly Laboon though just because more people seem to be requesting it.

So for a Slasher for my Team. Kuro, Zoro or Tashigi? Tashigi is already the evolution Tashigi. Zoro is level 40 Pound Phoenix and Kuro is Level 5 nothing.

And best place to farm red units to evolve my Arlong?

linkent

So for a Slasher for my Team. Kuro, Zoro or Tashigi? Tashigi is already the evolution Tashigi. Zoro is level 40 Pound Phoenix and Kuro is Level 5 nothing.

And best place to farm red units to evolve my Arlong?
You mean the mats or fodder?
For the mats, red dragon is up and finishing soon.
Red shell will be available after dragon island gone.
Seahorse and penguin in 3/4days.

As for fodder for leveling, pretty sure arlong island is best for many red units and chance of arlong drop which can double exp gain. And also many red turtles. Red shell is available in the island too.

You mean the mats or fodder?
For the mats, red dragon is up and finishing soon.
Red shell will be available after dragon island gone.
Seahorse and penguin in 3/4days.

As for fodder for leveling, pretty sure arlong island is best for many red units and chance of arlong drop which can double exp gain. And also many red turtles. Red shell is available in the island too.

For fodder. So all levels on Arlong island? Or just the last?

Rurunaki

Damage. Whitebeard has a high crew cost so for most players building a top tier 'full team' is still out of reach. Ace teams don't do nearly the damage Gear Third teams do.

You could always go for Lion Song friends. I don't get why everybody is tending so much more towards Laboon. Unless everybody is for sure going for the 40 stamina one.

I have Lion Song and Laboon so I plan on being used during the event either way. Prolly Laboon though just because more people seem to be requesting it.

Problem with Lion Song is you really need a level Vivi for their combination to work unlike Laboon where you can keep him at low level. Plus it's easier to maintain 50% hp on Laboon as opposed to full hp required for Lion Song trade off being a slow ass kill time for the Laboon team.

If you have G3 Luffy, don't even bother with Vivi. Just wreck faces with him atm.

Rurunaki

Like others mentioned, because of WB's absurb crew point needed it is easier for younright now to make a G3 Luffy team. Add to the fact that we can't Evolve Whitebeard as of now, because we have no access to the Rainbow Dragon.

Against up coming Mihawk battle ideal lineup should be:

Ship: Going Merry

Captain G3 Luffy - damage
Captain G3 Luffy (friend) - damage

Arlong (Switch to whatever the raid boss weakness is) - damage
Alvida - damage reduction
Hammer Ussop - turn delay
Vista (I use Axe Hand Morgan) - another support skill

The flow of the battle should be (ideal conditions) woul be to use your support characters first: Ussop -> Alvida -> Vista (Axe Hand). This is to activate the Captain skills by hitting perfects.

The next should be the depending on who has the highest ATK (save him for last).

All you need now is to practice getting those PERFECTS and you'll be clearing raids like a Pirate King should.

chrono01

Nice! Due to the App Store's ranking, we all get 1x Rainbow Gem, 1x Black Elder Turtle, 1x Yellow Elder Turtle.

Keep on giving, Namco!

cw_sasuke

Man farming the Rainbow Crab is the most tedious task in Treasure Cruise.. Drop rate is so low I've been trying for 2 weeks now lol.

Nice! Due to the App Store's ranking, we all get 1x Rainbow Gem, 1x Black Elder Turtle, 1x Yellow Elder Turtle.

Keep on giving, Namco!
Nice, gotta save up for the next Sugofest xD

Majukun

I had big hopes for this arlong event.. instead it has been the worst of all drops wise... barely had any turtle drop, even at 30 stamina... the most i got are 6 skillbooks for arlong that made a mere +2 on his skill
at least the new island is coming soon.. Maybe vivi will drop there...

RalchAC

I kept failing and failing with Arlong and Gear 3rd Luffy due to lag. I did that SFX trick and the lag actually disappeared.

I would have never guessed that the music is the reason why some characters with fast timing lagged.

Nice, gotta save up for the next Sugofest xD

Same here lol. I'm sure that sometime my crappy luck should change and grant me something decent on the gacha. At least, I hope so...

I had big hopes for this arlong event.. instead it has been the worst of all drops wise... barely had any turtle drop, even at 30 stamina... the most i got are 6 skillbooks for arlong that made a mere +2 on his skill
at least the new island is coming soon.. Maybe vivi will drop there...

I've found this event has much better droprates than Kuro's. I've got like 7 books (no skill level up though) and in half the runs I do on expert I get 2 Red Turtles.

11140266_964375180253789_1664086343205401642_n.jpg

this is my crew so far for mihawk

Man, I hate you. You have really good units.

its going to take practice for me on g3 luffy because of my old fart response time. But anyways I want to thank everyone for helping me out with info and such feel free to add me to friendslist.

Also were does gaimon drop because when i try to find him he is never in the level that websites say he is.

Majukun

I kept failing and failing with Arlong and Gear 3rd Luffy due to lag. I did that SFX trick and the lag actually disappeared.

I would have never guessed that the music is the reason why some characters with fast timing lagged.
the music in this game is strange.,..it was the reason why it didn't work on my oneplus one..i had to take an account from a fellow gaffer so that i could skip the tutorial and disable both music and sfx to make the game work

and disabled it on my main account on my tablet for lag purposes..sometimes it still lags because it's a shitty tablet,but it's much more manageable..especially if I wait a bit before starting the turn..otherwise the first turn freezes and fucks up the entire run

I've found this event has much better droprates than Kuro's. I've got like 7 books (no skill level up though) and in half the runs I do on expert I get 2 Red Turtles.
my experience is pretty much the opposite..even on 30 stamina every time all i got is a baby turtle,even if i kill all the teenage before..i had a couple runs where i got arlong's skillbook and managed to put 5 together and made the +2 to his skill,but it's all...and here i was hoping to considerably strenghthen my anti mihawk team with tons of red turtles...
its going to take practice for me on g3 luffy because of my old fart response time. But anyways I want to thank everyone for helping me out with info and such feel free to add me to friendslist.

Also were does gaimon drop because when i try to find him he is never in the level that websites say he is.

if i remember correctly it appears a lot on the 15 stamina bagy island..just do a couple runs there now that he is back

Guimon appears randomly on some orange town levels. He's not a 100% encounter.

http://op-tc-eng-version.blogspot.com.au/p/smg.html

Top Bottom