• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

RalchAC

I think kuro is much better than tashigi for the slasher team.

As others have said it's 400.000k EXP vs 1.000.000 EXP needed to evolve her.

And besides, you can't go wrong having both in order to give some flexibility to your team.

And that single target nucker might be useful. Kuro's skill isn't that good, sadly.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yeah, resources ( as in exp turtles) are limited and Kuro isnt worth 1 mio exp which could be invested in leveling and evolving Mihawk instead. Kuros active skill and leaderskill are quite bad and he will be outclassed once we get Lucci/Kaku so probably not the unit you wanna focus on.

You're super awesome, thanks for the advice. c:

Np, i am also working on a Slasher team and cant wait for Mihawk to hit xD
Thanks for all the advice! Now to read 6000x wikis to understand WTF this game is all about.

My ID is 997 034 485 if anyone wants an eventual Gear 3 Luffy buddy.
I didn't see it in the OP, is there a good starter guide for this game, as far as what to do first?
Send you a request.

tadabola

yeah his special is bad

I got him evolved as well as one of my firsts rolls, and kept him.

spend so much time evolving my tashigi and when I got her it was just not that great :(

My main team, since I got 18 freaking pulls on the sugofest and got almost nothing (fine tempo nami only) is

enraged arlong
masterplan kuro
buggy (I really wished to switch to a vista if I got him)
zoro
and usopp (or maybe if I got shanks for a yellow one :( )

slashers are just great. can't wait for mihawk

RalchAC

Thanks for all the advice! Now to read 6000x wikis to understand WTF this game is all about.

I didn't see it in the OP, is there a good starter guide for this game, as far as what to do first?

I've sent you a request! I'm Storm Pirates GAF. I have Zeff as a leader right now.

yeah his special is bad

I got him evolved as well as one of my firsts rolls, and kept him.

spend so much time evolving my tashigi and when I got her it was just not that great :(

My main team, since I got 18 freaking pulls on the sugofest and got almost nothing (fine tempo nami only) is

enraged arlong
masterplan kuro
buggy (I really wished to switch to a vista if I got him)
zoro
and usopp (or maybe if I got shanks for a yellow one :( )

slashers are just great. can't wait for mihawk

You saved a lot of time getting him on the Gacha lol. And yeah, Slasher seems to be quite a good option since you can get a quite good team without having to spend a lot of time. If you've been playing for a while you can easily have Zoro, Buggy, Arlong and Kuro, as long as you've done some of the events and stuff. Both Arlong and Zoro are really good units too.

Same for Fighters, but they're going to get worse as Zeff stats start to be a hurdle and the only alternative is a gacha only character.

Yeah, resources ( as in exp turtles) are limited and Kuro isnt worth 1 mio exp which could be invested in leveling and evolving Mihawk instead. Kuros active skill and leaderskill are quite bad and he will be outclassed once we get Lucci/Kaku so probably not the unit you wanna focus on.

Np, i am also working on a Slasher team and cant wait for Mihawk to hit xD

You, and him, and me and most people here, probably. Once I have set the team I'm going to use for Mihawk I might start leveling up some of my Slashers that are underleveled. Or maybe I'll just save this and next week turtles for Mihawk.

Already have a crap ton of Gear 3 friends, but it never hurts to have another. Friend request sent!

...why can't I pull G3 Luffy.....sniffle

chrono01

Sad thing is, i just checked the evolution screen and the space for the Rainbow crab is still blank meaning i havent owned one in the 2 months i have been playing the game :eek:
Same thing for me.

Oddly enough, my first two runs this morning gave me the two Rainbow Hermit Crabs I needed. Funny how RNG works out, huh? >_<

Whitebeard's evo mats join the party:

The rainbow dragon is no joke. He has double Mihawk's HP and does 18k damage (every 6 turns or so). Prepare your Vivi/Laboon/v2 Zoro if you want to farm him. Oh and he's not a 100% drop so your 1 hour fight might be for nothing.

And YAY easy pirate penguins. :D
Nice!

I don't need the Rainbow Dragon yet [thankfully, it sounds like a pain] but I'm definitely happy about easier Pirate Penguins. I need a Red/Purple one, so that will simplfy things a lot.

So what ship are you guys currently using? Not sure if I am wasting cola by upgrading just the Baratie.
Going Merry. Put everything into Going Merry, and watch in despair as Usopp appears. Again and again...

qazqaNii

That moment when you farm for buggy just to let out a big joy when you get him and your father stares at you, and tells you; you are too old for mobile games.

I am 23.
:|

qazqaNii

You are too old for this game then, nobody else in this thread is over 18.

2VZZMAt.gif

Gaming has no age limit ...
I hope

My brother, only you understand me!

Hisoka

That moment when you farm for buggy just to let out a big joy when you get him and your father stares at you, and tells you; you are too old for mobile games.

I am 23.

Whoa! Delete the game from your phone immediately!

I'm 23 too T-T but i know i'm stuck in games i shouldn't

Edit:
What are good, low hp and high attack units to pair with Laboon? So far, looks like the crabs would be the best.

Arlong is a good one, as long as you don't evolve him. Until lvl 40 or so, the ATK is higher than HP.
The Int-Marine Guy with his big canon has also more ATK than HP as long as you don't evolve him.
Dragons are also not bad. As long as Laboom is lvl. 5, you can add really good dmg dealer in this Team.

bjork

I am 23.

Dudes at work give me shit for playing on my break and ignoring their very gripping stories about football or whatever. They say"my kids don't even play that much."

I'm 37, and fuck it. I play because I wanna! Also because I've followed OP for like 15 years now, too late to stop.

qazqaNii

What are good, low hp and high attack units to pair with Laboon? So far, looks like the crabs would be the best.
I am assuming labbon for mihawk?

The team I will probably use for Mihawk 40sta

As you can see my Vivi has not lvl up enough to make it this team to work, this laboon is 15, I will probably be running with lvl 5 and 10 laboon friends when Mihawk comes, she currently heals for 1955, which is below 50%, 50%+ is required to be able to tank Mihawk.

I am using dinghy but not sure how it really works, it says it adds 40 recovery to captain but I am not getting the 200 heal, I will probably still use it to avoid the hp boost from the other boats.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Same thing for me.

Oddly enough, my first two runs this morning gave me the two Rainbow Hermit Crabs I needed. Funny how RNG works out, huh? >_<

Hah...wow thats amazing. RNG works in mysterious ways for sure xD

I will give it another shot once my stamina is up, otherwise next week is fine as well - have to level up the units first anyway.

Fucking finally. The best part is that I just need 3 more cost points to be able to have both of them in my crew.

Congrats man - both are amazing units - especially Asura Zoro.

bjork

The team I will probably use for Mihawk 40sta

As you can see my Vivi has not lvl up enough to make it this team to work, this laboon is 15, I will probably be running with lvl 5 and 10 laboon friends when Mihawk comes, she currently heals for 1955, which is below 50%, 50%+ is required to be able to tank Mihawk.

I am using dinghy but not sure how it really works, it says it adds 40 recovery to captain but I am not getting the 200 heal, I will probably still use it to avoid the hp boost from the other boats.

If you sub out Alvida for someone else, it should be ok, yes? I'm not sure what her damage is like, but I think her special isn't much use with a Vivi/Laboon team,right?

StMeph

As far as I know, Vivi's leader skill does not include the Dinghy's RCV bonus.

Level 5 Laboon is ideal, so you get more HP to work with. If your Vivi is high enough (72+), you can pair with V2 Zoro against 30-stamina Mihawk for faster clears. Laboon for 40-stam for sure, though.

qazqaNii

If you sub out Alvida for someone else, it should be ok, yes? I'm not sure what her damage is like, but I think her special isn't much use with a Vivi/Laboon team,right?

I don't really have any other good force characters also her special 80% damage reduce for 1 turn could be a lifesaver on the stage before mihawk, also she balances the hp to just around 4k which is what I am aiming for atm.

Vivi Laboon combo only makes you survive if you take a hit that would kill you when you have hp above 50% but if multiple enemies hit you, it won't work.
Also lvling up Vivi is stupidly expensive every turtle time is almost reserved for her, this upcoming turtle time will probably be the last one for her.

As far as I know, Vivi's leader skill does not include the Dinghy's RCV bonus.

Level 5 Laboon is ideal, so you get more HP to work with. If your Vivi is high enough (72+), you can pair with V2 Zoro against 30-stamina Mihawk for faster clears. Laboon for 40-stam for sure, though.
Oh okay, thanks man I will probably only go with 40 stamina runs for the 100% drop :p.

bjork

I don't really have any other good force characters also her special 80% damage reduce for 1 turn could be a lifesaver on the stage before mihawk, also she balances the hp to just around 4k which is what I am aiming for atm.

Vivi Laboon combo only makes you survive if you take a hit that would kill you when you have hp above 50% but if multiple enemies hit you, it won't work.

Right, but are the mobs before Mihawk all red? Someone with a different color might be helpful too, like a Mr. 3 or Usopp for the turn delays?

It's interesting to plan strategies, I'd like to do whatever to help speed up the process, heh.

Any advice? Do I have the right pieces for a slasher team or to develop one?
Arlong captain
Vista
Zoro
Buggy
Tashigi (or keep Usopp in for turn delay)

Arlong friend captain.

StMeph

Dudes at work give me shit for playing on my break and ignoring their very gripping stories about football or whatever. They say"my kids don't even play that much."

I'm 37, and fuck it. I play because I wanna! Also because I've followed OP for like 15 years now, too late to stop.

Let them know you mean business.

And by business I mean fishman karate.

qazqaNii

Right, but are the mobs before Mihawk all red? Someone with a different color might be helpful too, like a Mr. 3 or Usopp for the turn delays?

It's interesting to plan strategies, I'd like to do whatever to help speed up the process, heh

This is the youtube video I have been watching I am not sure if the mobs require 4 or 5 hits before mihawk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLYNbU0OJvo

The reason for Alvida is that she is RED and Mihawk is green which would mean double damage on him, and kill him faster. A G2 Luffy would probably work aswell. That guy in the video has a total of 1.7k hp and he can kill mihawk 40 sta.

Dandte

*edit* wait what, how does the spoiler function works o_O
I have two teams, each designed fpr 30 and 40 stamina, but both need your vivi ;-)

for 30 stamina i go full dmg

for 40 stamina i take the safety laboon route. instead of a baby crap, you should consider a black cat fodder. it has very low hp and a decent attack.

any tips?

Majukun

damn...both my accounts have the 6th digit as "5"..so i have turtle time at the same time on both accounts...
on one hand i had decided to focus on my main account and if i have time do some runs on the second one..but on the other hand the only way I'm gonna be able to get mihawk on the second account without tons of gems is by evolving vivi..and so i kinda need the elders there....i have to sacrifice one or the other è_é

qazqaNii

I have two teams, each designed fpr 30 and 40 stamina, but both need your vivi ;-)

for 40 stamina i take the safety laboon route. instead of a baby crap, you should consider a black cat fodder. it has very low hp and a decent attack.

any tipps?

You quote your pictures, not spoiler tag them :p.
Your teams look good enough can't give any more tips, you gave me a tip with that black cat fodder.

Majukun

jxNxiJ4.jpg

FS8I6e7.jpg

any tipps?

for the laboon team what level your friend vivi will be?you have more than 3000 hp in that team,so you are gonna need a decently leveled one...a lv 72 5 star vivi heals 2000 per turn..you need at least 1600 hp healed per turn to keep laboon special active

for the 30 stamina one g2 luffy should be better than the g3 one in terms of damage...and for the 40 stamina if you have g3 luffy just put two together and go full damage..mihawk should go down in 4 turns at max
it's more risky than the laboon one..but takes definitely less time

qazqaNii

I mean, we've seen videos of them dying in 4 hits. So I'm not quite sure what the confusion is regarding stage 4 of Mihawk.

Yeah I was abit confused if wether all of them was 4 or not saw this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG2ZoRoY4qI and it looks like most of them are 4hp except for the horse?

Since I don't really have any other characters I will probably stick with alvida and make some room for that black cat fodder.

Majukun

do you guys think that is feasible to charge DJ sanji before arriving to stage 4?15 turns in only 3 stages might be a bit too much?

the solution would be take damage on the stages before and then hope to have enough to take an attack if mihawk doesn't go down in 4 turns...hmm...

it is confirmed that we are gonna try the stage on a 0 stamina/no reward version too?

Dandte

You quote your pictures, not spoiler tag them :p.
Your teams look good enough can't give any more tips, you gave me a tip with that black cat fodder.

Thanks a lot!
for the laboon team what level your friend vivi will be?you have more than 3000 hp in that team,so you are gonna need a decently leveled one...a lv 72 5 star vivi heals 2000 per turn..you need at least 1600 hp healed per turn to keep laboon special active

for the 30 stamina one g2 luffy should be better than the g3 one in terms of damage...and for the 40 stamina if you have g3 luffy just put two together and go full damage..mihawk should go down in 4 turns at max
it's more risky than the laboon one..but takes definitely less time

qazqaNiis Vivi should be fine, all my other vivi friends are around lvl 40. Good advice with the g2 luffy, i will check that. Even if qazqaNii Vivi wouldn't heal 2k, i could easily swap to alvida. I agree that a 2x g3 luffy team would be more efficient in case of time/stamina but knowing me, i will fail on the perfects, but eversthing is trainable, right?^^

Btw does someone remember the exact belli/exp for the veteran belli isle?

sasari

While everyone is party reviewing :D

Can anyone give me any advice? my current crew along with what I have available, thinking of switching Smoker for Shanks once I've levelled Shanks and currently wanting to level Kuro.

*Edit*
Cut out Luffy G2, Fat Alvidia, Mr 5, Enraged Arlong and Kuroobi

qazqaNii

Thanks a lot!

qazqaNiis Vivi should be fine, all my other vivi friends are around lvl 40. Good advice with the g2 luffy, i will check that. Even if qazqaNii Vivi wouldn't heal 2k, i could easily swap to alvida. I agree that a 2x g3 luffy team would be more efficient in case of time/stamina but knowing me, i will fail on the perfects, but eversthing is trainable, right?^^

My Vivi will heal 2k on monday.. hopefully.

I am not 100% sure but it should be something like this for veteran belli isle:
1195 = Without fullbody.
3395 = With fullbody
could differ around - + 100exp.

cheetadaze2000

Neo Member
do you guys think that is feasible to charge DJ sanji before arriving to stage 4?15 turns in only 3 stages might be a bit too much?

the solution would be take damage on the stages before and then hope to have enough to take an attack if mihawk doesn't go down in 4 turns...hmm...

Yes it should be possible to charge DJ Sanji before stage 4, if you're willing to take a little damage. It seems the pirate penguin on stage 3 is a good choice for stalling, only does 852 damage and then rests for 3 turns. In this video they go 15 turns before stage 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG2ZoRoY4qI

However, I don't see any scenario where DJ Sanji is necessary. As long as you have a character that has a 6 hit combo to kill the elder seahorse (I'm not sure if it has 5 or 6 hp) you can make it through stage 4 in one turn (all the other enemies only have 4 hp, which any player character should be able to take out).

Heng

Thanks a lot!

If you don't have enough friend Vivis that can heal over 2k, you could drop some units for some crabs. They have decent damage and only 50 health.

Btw if anyone needs one more princess Vivi, feel free to add me. I have a 47 Vivi, hopefully it'll be higher by the time the Mihawk event drops.

Majukun

While everyone is party reviewing :D

Can anyone give me any advice? my current crew along with what I have available, thinking of switching Smoker for Shanks once I've levelled Shanks and currently wanting to level Kuro.

*Edit*
Cut out Luffy G2, Fat Alvidia, Mr 5, Enraged Arlong and Kuroobi

yeah,smoker doesn't make much sense since he is not a slasher..you might have some use for him against mihawk since he has damage reduction and a good one at that..but you still need to defeat mihawk so having 2 out of 5 that don't have any bonus atk it's not ideal.

Either change smoker with shanks or do a tank zolo team with a friend vivi and aim for the 30 stamina mihawk..altenratively use the lavoon and prepar yourself for a 1 hour battle with 40 stamina mihawk

Majukun

Yes it should be possible to charge DJ Sanji before stage 4, if you're willing to take a little damage. It seems the pirate penguin on stage 3 is a good choice for stalling, only does 852 damage and then rests for 3 turns. In this video they go 15 turns before stage 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG2ZoRoY4qI

However, I don't see any scenario where DJ Sanji is necessary. As long as you have a character that has a 6 hit combo to kill the elder seahorse (I'm not sure if it has 5 or 6 hp) you can make it through stage 4 in one turn (all the other enemies only have 4 hp, which any player character should be able to take out).

well if you don't do all perfect you risk not being able to defeat them in one turn..with dj sanji you just wipe them off in one move

anyway..in the team i have alvida and god usopp that have 6 combo..g3 luffy,dj sanji and arlong have 4

Xeroblade

Reading through all these posts, man i need laboon really bad! Gonna add a few of you that have Vivi. I have Vivi at max but its only 4* vivi. :(

cheetadaze2000

Neo Member
well if you don't do all perfect you risk not being able to defeat them in one turn

Nope, don't need the perfects even with G3 Luffy. Check out the video at 2:20; they get misses and take them each out with only 4 damage done.

Ultimately not a big deal to include Sanji if you want the extra piece of mind, as his half damage on Mihawk won't matter in a G3 Luffy team.

RalchAC

well if you don't do all perfect you risk not being able to defeat them in one turn..with dj sanji you just wipe them off in one move

anyway..in the team i have alvida and god usopp that have 6 combo..g3 luffy,dj sanji and arlong have 4

When you miss you do the same number of hits that you get on a Perfect. Obviously you deal less damage, but that's not what matters there.

Top Bottom