• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
The most likely Mihawk squad:
GQV3QGH.jpg

May swap out Vista for Alvida depending on the circumstances.

RalchAC

its going to take practice for me on g3 luffy because of my old fart response time. But anyways I want to thank everyone for helping me out with info and such feel free to add me to friendslist.

Also were does gaimon drop because when i try to find him he is never in the level that websites say he is.

It may appear in random Orange Town levels (not always though) and on Aldiva events he is the special boss, which appears once every few runs in any 1-6 stage.

They've added Buggy for a week again, so we may get another Aldiva Extra island soon. If I were you I'd wait and get him there.

my experience is pretty much the opposite..even on 30 stamina every time all i got is a baby turtle,even if i kill all the teenage before..i had a couple runs where i got arlong's skillbook and managed to put 5 together and made the +2 to his skill,but it's all...and here i was hoping to considerably strenghthen my anti mihawk team with tons of red turtles...

What has surprised me is that even in Expert I've got much less Arlongs than Kuros in the last island. My Kuro leveled up from 1 to 60 from feeding him other Kuros (the expert ones gave him 8500 EXP x 2 since it has the same character bonus).

I think I've only got 1 Arlong in one of my first few runs on the stage and after that I haven't got him anymore.

if i remember correctly it appears a lot on the 15 stamina bagy island..just do a couple runs there now that he is back

Not Buggy's but Aldiva's island.

The most likely Mihawk squad:
GQV3QGH.jpg

May swap out Vista for Alvida depending on the circumstances.

I'd say Aldiva should work better than Vista or Zoro. He gets a x2 ATK boost on Mihawk due to weakness and has a really cool special that will help you last one more turn (-80% damage received in your next turn). I'm personally using 3 units with the simple tap pattern in order to guarantee I'm getting 3 perfects. But as long as you're able to hit perfects with those 3 first units it doesn't matter.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
pelicansurf,

why Vista though ? I would switch Zoro for Alvida, with Vistas active skill you can clear the high def unit stage before Mihawk. Dont think Asura is really needed unless im missing something.

Yeah, I just burned through 40 Stamina and not a single drop. I need two of em'. :(

Haha, most definitely.

Sad thing is, i just checked the evolution screen and the space for the Rainbow crab is still blank meaning i havent owned one in the 2 months i have been playing the game :eek:

Whitebeard's evo mats join the party:

The rainbow dragon is no joke. He has double Mihawk's HP and does 18k damage (every 6 turns or so). Prepare your Vivi/Laboon/v2 Zoro if you want to farm him. Oh and he's not a 100% drop so your 1 hour fight might be for nothing.

And YAY easy pirate penguins. :D

cw_sasuke

Easy Pirate Penguins are nice.

I dont need the Rainbow Dragon yet but it doesnt hurt already getting one if i ever get a Sugofest exclusive.

So Zombie team is the only option or can a G3/PSY team take him out ?

Thanks for the screens and time jumps xD

cw_sasuke

Heh ok thanks, guess i need to level up Zoro xD

Things for PSY teams will probably be easier once we get Coby/Garp - Marco team should be able to take him out in +6 turns as well once there are more burst options available.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Whitebeard's evo mats join the party:

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/oRQsiKw.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hnW0oAp.jpg[/IMG]

The rainbow dragon is no joke. He has double Mihawk's HP and does 18k damage (every 6 turns or so). Prepare your Vivi/Laboon/v2 Zoro if you want to farm him. Oh and he's not a 100% drop so your 1 hour fight might be for nothing.

And YAY easy pirate penguins. :D

Wait, how do you get that stuff now?

StMeph

Wait, how do you get that stuff now?

You don't, as it's not in the game yet. Basically, Korialstrasz can glimpse into the future. Luckily for mankind, this dangerous power only applies to Treasure Cruise.

I also see the Don Kreig event, so does that mean the update for the materials will come with/during the event?

Edit: Looking at the guide linked, I get that V2 Zoro-Vivi is probably the safest, but G3 Luffy users shouldn't have too much trouble if it's a 6 turn timer for that attack. Bring Alvida and Ussop and you have basically 1 (minimum) + 6 (normal timer) + 3 (Ussop) = 10 rounds to act before it attacks again. Smoker extends that to 16 rounds if you have more than 9k HP, which also buys enough time to refresh Ussop's special to bring that up to 19 total rounds. By then, Alvida's special has also refreshed, and you've bought another 6 rounds. 25 rounds total.

If you have enough team cost to bring Mihawk, that cuts the damage needed down to 1.4 million.

Team: G3 Luffy, Alvida, Smoker, Ussop, ???
??? ideally being Mihawk, but any high damage (PSY preferred) should do.

If you can't deal 2 million damage with a G3 Luffy team in 25 turns, I don't know what to say. Maybe G3 Luffy isn't for you.

RalchAC

You don't, as it's not in the game yet. Basically, Korialstrasz can glimpse into the future. Luckily for mankind, this dangerous power only applies to Treasure Cruise.

I also see the Don Kreig event, so does that mean the update for the materials will come with/during the event?

Edit: Looking at the guide linked, I get that V2 Zoro-Vivi is probably the safest, but G3 Luffy users shouldn't have too much trouble if it's a 6 turn timer for that attack. Bring Alvida and Ussop and you have basically 1 (minimum) + 6 (normal timer) + 3 (Ussop) = 10 rounds to act before it attacks again. Smoker extends that to 16 rounds if you have more than 9k HP, which also buys enough time to refresh Ussop's special to bring that up to 19 total rounds. By then, Alvida's special has also refreshed, and you've bought another 6 rounds. 25 rounds total.

If you have enough team cost to bring Mihawk, that cuts the damage needed down to 1.4 million.

Team: G3 Luffy, Alvida, Smoker, Ussop, ???
??? ideally being Mihawk, but any high damage (PSY preferred) should do.

If you can't deal 2 million damage with a G3 Luffy team in 25 turns, I don't know what to say. Maybe G3 Luffy isn't for you.

What about using Zoro + G3 Luffy as your Captain/Friend Captain?

The damage will be cut from 18000 to 3600. In 6 turns you should be able to get back that health via meat.

And in the worst case, if you have Ussop and Aldiva in your party, you could use them to help you a bit in case you aren't able to restore your HP back in time for his next attack.

Mihawk or Whitebeard should be useful, but the former has a >30 cooldown.

Seems very optimistic, to me. Smoker only cuts the attack to 9000 which is still almost all of most Gear Third teams' health. Alvida turns it to 3600, so it's a total of 12600. That's more than my Gear Third team's health, that's for sure. And since you need to focus on perfects, not recovery... yeah. I have all those units but I probably wouldn't try that myself. Too risky.

cw_sasuke

Ok Gear 3 Luffy is the real deal, wasn't impressed with him at first but that I'm getting perfect regularly... Nice.

Unit is a straight up boss killer, wouldn't use it for farming or general story stages, but for boss stages he seems nice.

Now I only need to level up my units for Mihawk.

bjork

I'm probably rolling a Vivi/Laboon team, I have Vivi to 68. The time thing doesn't bother me for a 100% drop. After that, I'll try farming with dual G3s and see how it shakes out.

Also I finally caught Laboon today while I was at work. I want a second one to evolve, but who knows how long that will take, ha.

Also also, Whiskey Peak. Give me a pistol nun for a shooter team, she looks cool. [edit - she has swords? booo]

Wyeth

OK, so I downloaded this game and my first pull was 3* Usopp- I know he's top tier, but also farmable- Should I reroll for someone else who is Gacha only and then farm him later?

bjork

OK, so I downloaded this game and my first pull was 3* Usopp- I know he's top tier, but also farmable- Should I reroll for someone else who is Gacha only and then farm him later?

Yes, definitely. People are rolling for Whitebeard right now, but WB/Ace/Shanks/Vista/Izo/Marco/Jozu/Blamenco are all pull-only, and good units. Also all V2 Straw Hats are pull-only.

Like burrito said, with G3 you either do good damge or heal and deal Laboon-like numbers. The team also has pathetic recovery so getting that 9k health will need more than 10 meat orbs. You can easily go 6 turns without seeing a single meat orb. I wouldn't recommend that, unless you bribe the RNG gods or something.

I'm suicidal so I might try doing it with a PSY team. My 2x Shanks team deals about ~380k damage in the burst turn, replacing a PSY sub with Alvida should make that ~340k. Now if I switch to 2x Marco instead of Shanks (didn't try this due to a lack of 5* Marco friends), I should be able to do about 490 damage, so 980k for the INT dragon. Alvida will keep me alive after 1 hit and Marco's special should heal me back to full HP. After that I'll have 6 turns (worst case, if the dragon starts with 1 turn counter) to deal 1 million damage, which shouldn't be too hard. The only issue here is that Marco's special takes 30 turns to activate, so it's probably impossible to stall for that many turns.

I have these left from the sugofest rerolls:

Balloon Luffy (evolves into Gear 3) + 4* Nico Robin
4* Ace + Towel Nami
4* Shanks + Lion Song Zoro
4* Jozu + 5* Izo

PM me if you want one of them.

You don't need to farm him. You'll get him after completing one of the story events.
Reroll for Luffy v2

bjork

Like burrito said, with G3 you either do good damge or heal and deal Laboon-like numbers. The team also has pathetic recovery so getting that 9k health will need more than 10 meat orbs. You can easily go 6 turns without seeing a single meat orb. I wouldn't recommend that, unless you bribe the RNG gods or something.

I'm suicidal so I might try doing it with a PSY team. My 2x Shanks team deals about ~380k damage in the burst turn, replacing a PSY sub with Alvida should make that ~340k. Now if I switch to 2x Marco instead of Shanks (didn't try this due to a lack of 5* Marco friends), I should be able to do about 490 damage, so 980k for the INT dragon. Alvida will keep me alive after 1 hit and Marco's special should heal me back to full HP. After that I'll have 6 turns (worst case, if the dragon starts with 1 turn counter) to deal 1 million damage, which shouldn't be too hard. The only issue here is that Marco's special takes 30 turns to activate, so it's probably impossible to stall for that many turns.

I pulled 2 Marcos and he didn't skill up when I combined, I was bumming when I saw how many turns it took. But full HP restore is great once it hits.

Ferga

Ok Gear 3 Luffy is the real deal, wasn't impressed with him at first but that I'm getting perfect regularly... Nice.

Unit is a straight up boss killer, wouldn't use it for farming or general story stages, but for boss stages he seems nice.

Now I only need to level up my units for Mihawk.

Why not? Makes the game too easy?

I use my Gear 3 team for everything

pelicansurf

It took me about 24 tries to get 3 rainbow crabs. Fucking brutal.

I try and use G3 only for raids, elite/expert runs. Variety is the spice of life, homes!

pelicansurf,

why Vista though ? I would switch Zoro for Alvida, with Vistas active skill you can clear the high def unit stage before Mihawk. Dont think Asura is really needed unless im missing something.

Sad thing is, i just checked the evolution screen and the space for the Rainbow crab is still blank meaning i havent owned one in the 2 months i have been playing the game :eek:

I basically have Zoro there in case there were any blue units, but a 3x perfect team would murder all of that. And the non-red three won't be doing that much damage since they'll be the chain starters. I will probably swap out Zoro with Alvida. Vista is the board wiper for the heavy def units right before Mihawk + overall beast. He'll be around level 50 by the time Mihawk drops.

Majukun

rainbow dragon is purple i presume?
so..mihawk goes down after 3 turns with a g3 luffy team..counting that it does overkill during that third turn we could say rainbow dragon would take around 5 turns..BUT you need a strong heart (yellow) crew do replicate the x2 weakness bonus..and that without counting how weak heart units are and the little number of good heart units we have ATM

prety sure I'm not even gonna try...don't have a whitebeard anyway

cw_sasuke

Maybe you can still use some of these teams instead of rerolling a bunch of times, since you just missed the Sugofest.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=159428452

Other teams are faster and require less focus to deal enough damage, well and it's just boring to only use one team imo. Taking out 2-3 enemies with G3 is fine but whole mob groups are just too much effort with G3, 6.25x teams are faster. Digging playing with my Ace QCK team right now.

StMeph

Seems very optimistic, to me. Smoker only cuts the attack to 9000 which is still almost all of most Gear Third teams' health. Alvida turns it to 3600, so it's a total of 12600. That's more than my Gear Third team's health, that's for sure. And since you need to focus on perfects, not recovery... yeah. I have all those units but I probably wouldn't try that myself. Too risky.

G3 isn't incapable of healing. Prioritize the first three Perfects the same as usual, then use those with meat and target Greats. Not as high in terms of damage output, but still achieves both aims.

But hold on, I've solved the missing piece: Mirage Tempo Nami. Negates an INT attack on a 15 turn CD.

Turn 1: activate Alvida, take 3600 damage
Turn 2: activate Ussop (boss timer now at 9)
Turn 3-9: G3 Luffy works his magic (boss timer goes from 8-2)
Turn 10: activate Nami, laugh at Rainbow Dragon
Turn 11-15: Ussop should refresh in this range, extending the timer by another 3
Turn 16-18: Alvida has refreshed
Turn 19: activate Alvida again
Turn 20-24: free damage
Turn 25: Time's up. Either it's dead, or you are.

G3 Luffy, Alvida, MT Nami, Ussop, ???
??? being any high damage unit, PSY preferred

You only need 7201 HP, and enough output for 2 million damage over 25 rounds.

EDIT: If Nami has at least 1 skill up, she should be available again on 25, extending another 6... which makes Ussop available again, so even if you don't achieve any healing (which makes Alvida available again... and keep extending the combo), that buys another 9 rounds to 34.

@stmeph: forgot about that Nami, farmed her skillbooks but after wasting 4 or 5 with no skill ups in 2x skill up event I gave up on her lol

My damage estimations for the 2x Marco team weren't too far off, just tried it and:

(rip smoker)

So that's 880k damage for the Dragon in the burst turn.The average damage in a normal turn is ~200k (100k for full INT orbs, 400k for full PSY orbs) so that's 1,200k in 6 turns on average. Replacing Alvida by Mirage Tempo negates the need for Marco's special, so it should be doable. I'll definitely try this team when the dragon hits.

Wyeth

I have these left from the sugofest rerolls:

Balloon Luffy (evolves into Gear 3) + 4* Nico Robin
4* Ace + Towel Nami
4* Shanks + Lion Song Zoro
4* Jozu + 5* Izo

PM me if you want one of them.

Much appreciated but I'm on IOS, not android, and I assume they aren't compatible.

I'll reroll using iFunBox or something, I assume I'm mostly looking for whitebeard, ace, shanks if I want top top tier? Or perhaps the priorities are different than the OP nowadays?

pelicansurf

@stmeph: forgot about that Nami, farmed her skillbooks but after wasting 4 or 5 with no skill ups in 2x skill up event I gave up on her lol

My damage estimations for the 2x Marco team weren't too far off, just tried it and:

(rip smoker)

So that's 880k damage for the Dragon in the burst turn.The average damage in a normal turn is ~200k (100k for full INT orbs, 400k for full PSY orbs) so that's 1,200k in 6 turns on average. Replacing Alvida by Mirage Tempo negates the need for Marco's special, so it should be doable. I'll definitely try this team when the dragon hits.

That's some solid damage considering how weak all those non-Marco units are.

RalchAC

Much appreciated but I'm on IOS, not android, and I assume they aren't compatible.

I'll reroll using iFunBox or something, I assume I'm mostly looking for whitebeard, ace, shanks if I want top top tier? Or perhaps the priorities are different than the OP nowadays?

Whitebeard isn't available anymore. So you should go for Luffy 3rd, Ace, Shanks or somebody from Whitebeard crew.

cw_sasuke

Korial,

Tasty damage there... I need to evolve Marco asap, wish that shitty crab would drop since I also need it for Jozu.

You can transfer between iOS and Android, no problem. Just need to issue and enter the transfer code. You will lose the devil fruit but since those are new accounts this isn't an issue.

StMeph

I assume I'm mostly looking for whitebeard, ace, shanks if I want top top tier? Or perhaps the priorities are different than the OP nowadays?

You can't pull Whitebeard right now. He isn't available outside of special events.

Shanks is rare pull only, but not really a top-tier unit.

The best result right now is probably still Gear 3rd Luffy, followed by the Whitebeard crew: Marco, Blamenco, Vista, and Jozu. V2 Nami and Nico Robin also are top-tier, but Robin's not very useful on her own without a suitably strong INT lead like V2 Nami or Vista.

Android-iOS transfers work. Gems don't transfer but since they are new accounts they only have 1-2 gems which I can use for upgrading the box.

The OP is very outdated, you'll find the new tier list here http://op-tc-eng-version.blogspot.com.au/p/tier-list.html

RalchAC

Very cool! So of those accounts listed, which would you guys use? I'm a long time PAD player just starting to learn about this game.

You may be able to fight against Mihawk if you take the Shanks+Zoro v2 one.

Shanks is a great Gacha only unit, and has a really good boost for PSY units.

And With Zoro v2 you should be able to beat 30 stamina Mihawk if you befriend a player with a high level Vivi.

The better your units are the sooner the battle will end. But you could beat him even if you're a newbie.

StMeph

Answering my own question, perhaps it's the account with Ballon Luffy and Nico Robin?

If you think you're going to play for a long time, then V2 Luffy + Nico Robin will serve you well. It's just not immediately useful, because Robin's not amazing on her own, and Luffy needs a lot of XP to evolve into G3 Luffy, so neither one will help much early on.

In the shorter-term, the Ace + V2 Nami account will have immediately useful leaders that you can start building around, and Nami is top-tier, but it won't have the same end-game impact as G3 Luffy.

Wyeth

If you think you're going to play for a long time, then V2 Luffy + Nico Robin will serve you well. It's just not immediately useful, because Robin's not amazing on her own, and Luffy needs a lot of XP to evolve into G3 Luffy, so neither one will help much early on.

In the shorter-term, the Ace + V2 Nami account will have immediately useful leaders that you can start building around, and Nami is top-tier, but it won't have the same end-game impact as G3 Luffy.

I suppose I'd rather take whatever is best for endgame and then just suck up a bunch of grinding to get there. I played PAD for two years so grinding isn't exactly a problem for me ;)

cw_sasuke

I suppose I'd rather take whatever is best for endgame and then just suck up a bunch of grinding to get there. I played PAD for two years so grinding isn't exactly a problem for me ;)
Best choice, with Gear 3 Luffy you will be set for a long time and you can be more flexible when it comes to subs.

Yep, then definitely the Gear Third Luffy + Nico Robin. You've got one of the necessary Int characters, and one of the most powerful captains in the game once evolved.

RalchAC

Guys, do we know which is the order of release of the weekly events in Japan?

It seems we're getting a new story one every 3 weeks or so and a new event every 2 weeks. They seem to be overlapping older events like the do for the JP version (for example, now we have both Buggy and Arlong).

For what I've been able to gather after Krieg there is Hina Hina. What goes after that? Coby training? Morgan? And so on.

I'm quite curious about it TBH. Seeing the JP blog I can't help but feel kind of envious, since they seem to have various stuff like a new 24h event each month or so, people trying to scape from Impel Down and some other stuff.

Right now I'm focusing on farming Cola and Pirate Level, since there aren't many units that I feel I need to farm. Want this to change soon!

Rurunaki

Guys, do we know which is the order of release of the weekly events in Japan?

It seems we're getting a new story one every 3 weeks or so and a new event every 2 weeks. They seem to be overlapping older events like the do for the JP version (for example, now we have both Buggy and Arlong).

For what I've been able to gather after Krieg there is Hina Hina. What goes after that? Coby training? Morgan? And so on.

I'm quite curious about it TBH. Seeing the JP blog I can't help but feel kind of envious, since they seem to have various stuff like a new 24h event each month or so, people trying to scape from Impel Down and some other stuff.

Right now I'm focusing on farming Cola and Pirate Level, since there aren't many units that I feel I need to farm. Want this to change soon!

As far as I know, we're getting events faster than they came out for the JPN version. I actually want them to release the turtle islands first as oppose to the raid bosses as I'm not done levelling up my crew box.

Wyeth

Yep, then definitely the Gear Third Luffy + Nico Robin. You've got one of the necessary Int characters, and one of the most powerful captains in the game once evolved.

Thanks for all the advice! Now to read 6000x wikis to understand WTF this game is all about.

My ID is 997 034 485 if anyone wants an eventual Gear 3 Luffy buddy.

I didn't see it in the OP, is there a good starter guide for this game, as far as what to do first?

Thanks for all the advice! Now to read 6000x wikis to understand WTF this game is all about.

My ID is 997 034 485 if anyone wants an eventual Gear 3 Luffy buddy.

I didn't see it in the OP, is there a good starter guide for this game, as far as what to do first?

Just play through the campaign like normal until you beat it- that's your best bet. As for guides, we all pretty much just use the blog site:
http://op-tc-eng-version.blogspot.com.au/

I personally use the evolutions page as a bookmark since it tells you what the evolved forms for each character are:
http://onepiece-cruise.blogspot.com/p/evolutions.html

Looking at your box i would work on the following:

- getting a team ready for Mihawk, you have v2 Zoro so you should be fine running the 30 stamina version a couple of times when teaming up with Vivi and getting the drop.

- level and evolve Arlong as well as Shanks, once you get Mihawk you will have a nice Slasher team with Asura Zoro, Shanks, Arlong, Tashigi, Buggy ( Golden Pound Usopp if needed) covering every element.

- once you have evolved Shanks you will have a kickass PSY team with Chopper, Vivi, Mr. 2, Golden Pound chopper. You need to evolve Mr. 2 to get his Meat changer skill - Chopper + Mr. 2 = burst

We will get some really god Event Island PSY units like Coby and Garp, further improving your already strong PSY team. Definitely would focus on that in addition to your standby Slasher team.

If you want to help out friends with your Vivi for Mihawk you might wanna level her up a bit, i think +70 is recommended so she can be used in combination with Lion Zoro and the 30 stamina dungeon or with higher HP units in a Laboon team.

You're super awesome, thanks for the advice. c:

I think kuro is much better than tashigi for the slasher team.

Evolved Kuro is, sure. But it takes forever to evolve Kuro to his second form for most people, and it's easier to evolve Tashigi.

Me? I started the game with Evolved Kuro so I got lucky. My first main team was two Enraged Arlongs, Asura Zoro, Evolved Kuro, God Usopp, and I used Don Krieg for sweet poison action. Very good team for the campaign levels, at least.

Top Bottom