• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emarv

The Fuck is this? This isn't real talk it's bull pulled from your ass. You realize we aren't one huge hive mind right? The only people that seriously consider leaving the union are fucking nuttier than squirrel shit. The vast majority of Texans have no desire to leave or even think it's a good idea.

I guess we just see different sides of Texas. I'm sure the data is in your favor, but I've had way too many conversations down here about it.

Then again, I'm from rural Texas, so the nutty bar is quite a bit higher than the urban centers, I'm sure.

Zeke

wouldn't really matter anyways if in the unlikely event Texas did vote to leave, since their rebellion would be swiftly demolished by Hillary's army.
Well it wouldn't matter because none of the major metros would back secession to begin with. The big cities don't care what a bunch of drunk thootless idiots in a double wide want. All the major cities here are all blue it's all the rural counties that keep us red unfortunately.

Emarv

Well it wouldn't matter because none of the major metros would back succession to begin with. The big cities don't care what a bunch of drunk thootless idiots in a double wide want. All the major cities here are all blue it's all the rural counties that keep us red unfortunately.

The big cities also helped give us Cruz and Cornyn ;P

Seriously though. This is why even when our progress is slower I'm glad we have our system.

It's super hard to reverse progress.

Something equivalent to this in the US would require a 2/3rds majority. Not the whim of a Parliament and the PM who can't control his own party.

We should have sent Pelosi over there to show them how to whip votes.

Also representative democracy > direct democracy. Read some Hamilton Brits!

Teggy

It's practically 50-50. If it's so close and leave wins that's quite a drastic step to take when clearly isn't a mandate.

Seriously though. This is why even when our progress is slower I'm glad we have our system.

It's super hard to reverse progress.

Something equivalent to this in the US would require a 2/3rds majority. Not the whim of a Parliament and the PM who can't control his own party.

We should have sent Pelosi over there to show them how to whip votes.

It's not just Cameron's fault, although he deserves a fuck ton of hate. Labour screwed the pig here too. Corbyn can't turn out a flea at a dog show.

They do this every general election (or at least did in 2010 and 2015. )

It's not weird to me they're covering it, just that they're using ITV's stream, since ITV is commercial. But, when I think about it, they won't get the BBC's coverage because of BBC World News and BBC America.

Zeke

I guess we just see different sides of Texas. I'm sure the data is in your favor, but I've had way too many conversations down here about it.

Then again, I'm from rural Texas, so the nutty bar is quite a bit higher than the urban centers, I'm sure.
18% would vote to leave. This is on par for most states. For reference I live in San Antonio I see the occasional bumper sticker but that's it no one else seriously entertains the idea.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/stat...texans-who-want-state-to-secede-from-u.s..ece

The big cities also helped give us Cruz and Cornyn ;P
Well Canada gave us Cruz. They take that L as far as Cornyn goes well...Fuck that dirtbag. Oh hell while we're at add Paxton, Abbott and Patrick to that list absolute scum.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's not weird to me they're covering it, just that they're using ITV's stream, since ITV is commercial. But, when I think about it, they won't get the BBC's coverage because of BBC World News and BBC America.

Turned BBC World News on a few minutes ago when I remembered I have it :lol

It's not just Cameron's fault, although he deserves a fuck ton of hate. Labour screwed the pig here too. Corbyn can't turn out a flea at a dog show.

It's not weird to me they're covering it, just that they're using ITV's stream, since ITV is commercial.
But, when I think about it, they won't get the BBC's coverage because of BBC World News and BBC America.
Remember C-SPAN isn't public. It's cable companies. It's not OTA

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It's practically 50-50. If it's so close and leave wins that's quite a drastic step to take when clearly isn't a mandate.

I don't see how you don't follow the actual vote because it's close. I'd be pretty mad about that.

Turned BBC World News on a few minutes ago when I remembered I have it :lol

I watch BBC World News all the time. They have great documentaries on from time to to time. I can't stand the guy who does the BBC Business report in the morning though. I want to give him a fucking Xanax.

Emarv

18% would vote to leave. This on par for most states. For reference I live in San Antonio I see the occasional bumper sticker but that's it no one else seriously entertains the idea.

You live in one of the most Hispanic parts of the state. Congrats! I've lived basically everywhere east of you between SA and Houston. The rural thirst to take on Obama's army is real, bro. Remember Jade Helm?

We're both being silly, though. You get mad that I "hivemind" everyone but then hivemind all "toothless idiots" in rural counties. I just see Brexit and think to myself, "there's no way before this incident that polls would have shown they should leave". And then I think about our state and the white fervor down here on even the silliest of things. If something happened that directly affected our state and we'd have a chance to even jokingly vote on it, I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me to see a similar sentiment to what Britain is going through.

Nah. Theirs will be tanked. And they'll probably try and desperately sign a FTA with us. But I don't think it'll hurt us at all

Which the trade deal would most likely benefit US as we might be in such a strong position. The EU would want to get the trade done ASAP as well. The another thing is that the bloc would not be the biggest economy anymore in comparison to the US I think.

18% would vote to leave. This is on par for most states. For reference I live in San Antonio I see the occasional bumper sticker but that's it no one else seriously entertains the idea.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/stat...texans-who-want-state-to-secede-from-u.s..ece

Well Canada gave us Cruz. They take that L as far as Cornyn goes well...Fuck that dirtbag. Oh hell while we're at add Paxton, Abbott and Patrick to that list absolute scum.
That's old data, a few months into Satan running the country. By 2014 it was 35%, and over half of Republicans. Read the Reuters poll I showed you.

It's easy to want to stay when Dubya is on TV.

Which the trade deal would most likely benefit US as we might be in such a strong position. The EU would want to get the trade done ASAP as well. The another thing is that the bloc would not be the biggest economy anymore in comparison to the US I think.

Congress will ensure we don't get a good deal out of spite.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I watch BBC World News all the time. They have great documentaries on from time to to time. I can't stand the guy who does the BBC Business report in the morning though. I want to give him a fucking Xanax.

I usually watch the BBCA newscast, I forgot I got the channel itself.

Eurgh. EURGH.

And I wanted to go to bed sometime in the next three hours too. Why is this a shit show? Why isn't Remain clearly going to win already. Why does it look like Leave is going to take it?

Stupid stupid stupid.

I just want to say that it is easy to yell at a foreign country because you don't live there, but try to remember that you don't live there. This is their decision. Respect that by respecting the intelligence of people who actually live there. Ok?

Just kidding lol. Vote away yer free trade, ya idiots! America will enjoy its new trade agreement with the EU without you.

Leave won, go to bed.

I'll go to bed when it's clear. No major metropolitan areas have reported in yet, so we shall see.

But... Eurgh.

I just want to say that it is easy to yell at a foreign country because you don't live there, but try to remember that you don't live there. This is their decision. Respect that by respecting the intelligence of people who actually live there. Ok?

Just kidding lol. Vote away yer free trade, ya idiots! America will enjoy its new trade agreement with the EU without you.

I'm a British citizen. So yeah, I don't live there but this is super relevant to me.

I usually watch the BBCA newscast, I forgot I got the channel itself.

BBC News gets played on PBS and BBC World News, I think. I pay money so I can watch BBC iPlayer and such. Totally worth it to me. I also get 4oD for my 8 out of 10 Cats and 24 Hours in A and E fixation....

Zeke

You live in one of the most Hispanic parts of the state. Congrats! I've lived basically everywhere east of you between SA and Houston. The rural thirst to take on Obama's army is real, bro. Remember Jade Helm?

We're both being silly, though. You get mad that I "hivemind" everyone but then hivemind all "toothless idiots" in rural counties. I just see Brexit and think to myself, "there's no way before this incident that polls would have shown they should leave". And then I think about our state and the white fervor down here on even the silliest of things. If something happened that directly affected our state and we'd have a chance to even jokingly vote on it, I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me to see a similar sentiment to what Britain is going through.
The years of summer heat have fried their brains pay them no mind. I could see tons of rural counties voting to leave but I can't see most people in the metros agreeing with it. Please don't remind me of jade helm I'm still trying to forget.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
How do you people vote over in the UK? This is slower than Guam.

How do you people vote over in the UK? This is slower than Guam.

Her majesty sends all of the swans she owns to people's houses to carry the ballots to Balmoral. She and Phillip hand count them, and the results are delivered by corgi. Obviously.

Man, today has been shit:

EU Referendum going to fuck.
The steaks I bought were off. (wasted $35!)
Two days into my new job, they lost the contract for the team I'm on and they have no clue if they need me. (They don't think they do).
I just accidentally put pineapple vodka in Dr. Pepper.
And I grabbed the wrong eye drops, and accidentally dilated myself.

Emarv

The years of summer heat have fried their brains pay them no mind. I could see tons of rural counties voting to leave but I can't see most people in the metros agreeing with it. Please don't remind me of jade helm I'm still trying to forget.

Again, see: Britain and its urban centers. We're talking about two places that take pride in their former independence. It's insane to imagine that Britain is actually doing this. Life's insane.

Diablos

Holy shit. It looks like the Brexit is happening, even though the initial results said it wasn't??
Even UKIP said they thought they were going to lose.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
That's bizarre, isn't hand counting less accurate than machine counting?

Her majesty sends all of the swans she owns to people's houses to carry the ballots to Balmoral. She and Phillip hand count them, and the results are delivered by corgi. Obviously.

ECTDMcX.gif

I'm a British citizen. So yeah, I don't live there but this is super relevant to me.
Revoke your citizenship now, ya dingus! This turkey's cooked. That should have been clear as soon as Cameron and Osbourne were given overwhelming clearance for another 6 years of axing every social service program you had ever heard of. After he gets done fucking another pig he'll turn his head and fuck the poor again, too. Just picture it: their newfound recession will bankrupt the government and force them to get rid of subsidized education and free healthcare. Then they invest more in Trident or whatever the fuck to stay relevant because of terrorism while sane Europeans shrug their shoulders and continue their slow March to become heaven on Earth. This is the fall of the British isles, for real this time.

You're an American now, glad to have you.

Man, today has been shit:

EU Referendum going to fuck.
The steaks I bought were off. (wasted $35!)
Two days into my new job, they lost the contract for the team I'm on and they have no clue if they need me. (They don't think they do).
And I grabbed the wrong eye drops, and accidentally dilated myself.

You waste every penny you spend on steaks when you cook them well done and put ketchup on them.

Revoke your citizenship now, ya dingus! This turkey's cooked. That should have been clear as soon as Cameron and Osbourne were given overwhelming clearance for another 6 years of axing every social service program you had ever heard of. After he gets done fucking another pig he'll turn his head and fuck the poor again, too. Just picture it: their newfound recession will bankrupt the government and force them to get rid of subsidized education and free healthcare. Then they invest more in Trident or whatever the fuck to stay relevant because of terrorism while sane Europeans shrug their shoulders and continue their slow March to become heaven on Earth. This is the fall of the British isles, for real this time.

You're an American now, glad to have you.

I'm not sure if you've been following my take on this, but IF leave do indeed win, I'm waiting to see if you chumps vote for Trump in November. So long as you don't... I'm becoming an American citizen.

If you do vote Trump... well, that'd hardly make you any better.

I'm not sure if you've been following my take on this, but IF leave do indeed win, I'm waiting to see if you chumps vote for Trump in November. So long as you don't... I'm becoming an American citizen.

He's already lost ;)

I so sick of in the UK and US and Europe in general of talk of "disaffected voters" usually meaning white voters who aren't being as pandered to.

Grexeno

If we do vote Trump it might be because of the worldwide economic recession the Brexit might cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom