• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her majesty sends all of the swans she owns to people's houses to carry the ballots to Balmoral. She and Phillip hand count them, and the results are delivered by corgi. Obviously.

Man, today has been shit:

EU Referendum going to fuck.
The steaks I bought were off. (wasted $35!)
Two days into my new job, they lost the contract for the team I'm on and they have no clue if they need me. (They don't think they do).
I just accidentally put pineapple vodka in Dr. Pepper.
And I grabbed the wrong eye drops, and accidentally dilated myself.

how are you not black out everynight?

Iolo

Okay, the UK is fucked and the EU is doomed, but I'm hoping the major shitstorm is 2017 and later, and that the US can weather the short-term financial uncertainty---we did weather the recent Chinese slowdown. I guess we will see over the next few days whether the markets are in freefall or whether they drop and stabilize while things sort out.

Emarv

Is there any way for the US to benefit from a UK implosion like Brexit?

I know shit about economics, but I wonder about what this means for US and Europe trade deals. Either way, I have to imagine it's bad regardless because of how globally connected our economy is now.

how are you not black out everynight?

Who says I'm not?

Actually, I have an incredibly high alcohol tolerance. Plus, I only have like one drink. I almsot neve get totally drunk. A few times on here excepted....I had a beer with dinner cause I ate pizza!) and then two sips of that mixcological abortion I made and threw it away. Just straight vodka atm.

Plus, I can go from shit faced to 100% sober in about 30 seconds. I almost never have a hang over.

Iolo

Who says I'm not?

Actually, I have an incredibly high alcohol tolerance. Plus, I only have like one drink. I almsot neve get totally drunk. A few times on here excepted....I had a beer with dinner cause I ate pizza!) and then two sips of that mixcological abortion I made and threw it away. Just straight vodka atm.

Okay but it sounds like that one drink is usually a pitcher.

Think about it. 100 years ago the UK was the world's empire. The sun never set on it.

in 2016 a bunch of white pensioners are sabotaging their one powerful sector (finance) becuase they're scared of the people they once occupied and are voting to be a tiny power

edit: this dudes accent on the BBC that's pro leave. Holy poshness

User1608

Banned
I am not looking forward to any ramifications this will have here, selfishly and honestly speaking. Thanks Pig and leave voters.

Think about it. 100 years ago the UK was the world's empire. The sun never set on it.

in 2016 a bunch of white pensioners are sabotaging their one powerful sector (finance) becuase they're scared of the people they once occupied and are voting to be a tiny power

edit: this dudes accent on the BBC that's pro leave. Holy poshness

The people in the job market are the ones voting to remain from what I saw. It's a bunch of retirees like my parents voting to leave. THANKS MUM AND DAD.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Seems like the wheels are falling off these days. Consumer confidence is going to take a big hit and donald trump is trying to be normal. It's all over for Hillary and America.

Okay but it sounds like that one drink is usually a pitcher.

tumblr_inline_n8rup33IVW1qz7j5g.gif

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Seems like the wheels are falling off these days. Consumer confidence is going to take a big hit and donald trump is trying to be normal. It's all over for Hillary and America.

Almost diablosy enough.

pigeon

Banned
My wife literally told me we should get our passports so that we can move to the Philippines if Brexit causes Trump to win.

I almost didn't have the heart to tell her about the murderous dictator.

Iolo

My wife literally told me we should get our passports so that we can move to the Philippines if Brexit causes Trump to win.

But she already knows about Trump.

Earth is doomed. Fuck.

Did you read my highly contentious thread about him? Any semblance of residual respect you might have had for me will disappear.

Is there any way for the US to benefit from a UK implosion like Brexit?

I think in some ways:

The EU would want to get the trade deal ASAP and it might be even more favorable to the US now.
The UK would also get a trade deal done quickly and they might be desperate because of poor economy, uncertainty, need to save face, and it will look weaker than the US.
The pound will be weaker so it looks like things will be cheaper.
The UK will now lean on the US more probably.
The EU will be in a weaker state, US might gain more influence over it as well since it is also a big ally.
We get to shit on the UK more now.

On the flip side it could be disastrous for the rest of the EU which will affect us.

Emarv

Suggest Canada? Trudeau is a cutie pie and probably a little less murderous. Probably ;)

The UK would also get a trade deal done quickly and they might be desperate because of poor economy, uncertainty, need to save face, and it will look weaker than the US.
The Brits just voted to keep the Pakis out of their economy and bring back manufacturing or whatever. Why would they want to participate in the market of a country theoretically overrun by Mexicans? A free trade deal with US, which has a free trade deal with Mexico, implies the UK making a kind of free trade deal with Mexico (modulo transportation, but it would have much of the same effect).

The Brits just voted to keep the Pakis out of their economy and bring back manufacturing or whatever. Why would they want to participate in the market of a country theoretically overrun by Mexicans? A free trade deal with US, which has a free trade deal with Mexico, implies the UK making a kind of free trade deal with Mexico (modulo transportation, but it would have much of the same effect).

They won't be having a referendum on any trade deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom