• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that this thread is for US politics but since we are in the topic and if anyone knows this I would be interested in hearing about what you think happens to the Labour party now. Do they kick out Corbyn and adopt more nationalistic views? I feel very sorry for those who didn't want this to happen and I hope that this nationalistic fervor doesn't carry over to other countries. Our world needs more unity now more than ever.

Labour are fucked.

Just fucking fucked. Like totally fucked.

Scotland are likely to leave now. That's a lot of left wing votes that will just evaporate. Leaving what... The northwest? Not enough for them to be relevant again any time soon.

I don't know who benefits from this, but I know that more tory *voters* were pro leave than pro remain so they will probably survive this okay (though David Cameron is fucked too).

But Labour? They're fucked. Without Scotland they won't stand a chance.

Minority population in the US prevents it.

They prevented Bernie, they'll prevent Trump.

Yes I think people are overacting s if this really benefits Trump. No one really knows or cares about Brexit in the US I think. Trump will be gloating about something they don't care about.

kess

Wonder what happens now to internet freedom and surveillance in the UK under a new right wing government. Amazing that this can get a lot lower than Cameron.

ampere

Cameron is such a goddamn fool.

The GBP is so unstable and rolling down a mountain

Why did leave not require a supermajority. This is so nuts

Yes I think people are overacting s if this really benefits Trump. No one really knows or cares about Brexit in the US I think. Trump will be gloating about something they don't care about.

I don't think that Britain will have any measurable signs of improvement from this come November. They won't be out for a year or more. All the fear and uncertainty over it isn't going away now until they negotiate all that.

So I don't think there is going to be anything to crow about other than the UK ignoring Obama's advice.

The official position of the Scottish is that overwhelming vote to stay in Scotland but ultimately BREXIT would trigger another referendum.

Oh, so delicious. Alex Salmond is probably positively delighted right now. I hear the champagne bottles from across the pond.

sdijoseph

Cameron is such a goddamn fool.

The GBP is so unstable and rolling down a mountain

Why did leave not require a supermajority. This is so nuts

That is the thing that is shocking to me. Such a major decision requiring a simple majority. Don't some state referendums in the US require 60%?

Emarv

I love that Trump will be gloating about this tomorrow while the chyron beneath him shows stocks tanking.

Great optics, Donald!

So without Scottish votes, will Labour disappear and be replaced? Replaced by what? Will what's left of Britain be ruled by two right wing parties?

What a mess. Sad!

Ecotic

So the appetite to leave the EU was ultimately because of the Syrian refugee crisis? So in a long chain of events the Iraq War that began in 2003 could be responsible for the Brexit and Scotland and Ireland leaving the U.K.?

So the appetite to leave the EU was ultimately because of the Syrian refugee crisis? So in a long chain of events the Iraq War that began in 2003 could be responsible for the Brexit and Scotland and Ireland leaving the U.K.?

The global recession triggered by the housing crisis and the collapse of the mortgage bond markets in 2008 also had a lot to do with it, as this led to austerity in the UK, which led to working class people getting fucked hard.

Dierce

I love that Trump will be gloating about this tomorrow while the chyron beneath him shows stocks tanking.

Great optics, Donald!

The problem, I think, is that this economic uncertainty plays right into his hands. He wants chaos because the worse it looks around the more he can say that the world is out to get him and in extension, the worker. Much in the sense that the right wing UKIP, from what I have been reading, have unjustly taken the mantle of being for the British worker, trump presents himself to the American people as the one who can bring back their jobs from foreigners. I hope the DNC prepares itself and counters this rise of people who believe that isolating themselves from the world is the solution to mostly made up problems.

I think this can still fail. We know like 3/4 of the MPs are pro-remain. If this passes tonight by the skin of its teeth but becomes a lot more unpopular over the coming weeks due to economic fallout and the possibility of Scotland/Northern Ireland leaving over it, I think it might be possible for them to find a way to eventually vote it down in the House of Commons, at which point the general UK public will be relieved, and only a minority will be outraged. That's the weakness of referendums: the people are fickle.

#Take: This shows that politicians are willing to keep their campaign promises regardless of how insanely stupid those promises were and how much they are personally against what they promised.

God I hate things like midterms and elections every two years, but they prevent shit like tonight where a minority decides a nations future.

I'm going to cross-post this from over in the Brexit OT, because it proves pretty much everything we already knew. So, in November we'll see what the same split is for Americans.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=208189215#post208189215

At least those filthy foreigners will now stay out of the country, amirite?

nAk3fya.jpg

SBg1VeL.jpg

@Marion_M_Le_Pen 20m20 minutes ago View translation
Du #Brexit au #Frexit : Il est désormais temps d'importer la démocratie dans notre pays. Les Français doivent avoir le droit de choisir !

Bowdz

Can't lie...

Brexit vote has me terrified an old, right wing fringe will pull out a win from Trump over here.

That's why we've got to work hard to prevent it. Register as many voters as possible, energize them, and turn them out. Finance, demographics, and policy are on our side. We've just got to get it done and not get complacent. We must remember the immortal words of the great Chang:

TmSdS.jpg

They're gonna know what it is when markets crash.

If the markets crash and the country goes into a long term recession, it'll be blamed on Britain by most of the population since everyone knows about it. Trump will just backtrack since he has little invested in it once things get bad.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
@Marion_M_Le_Pen 20m20 minutes ago View translation
Du #Brexit au #Frexit : Il est désormais temps d'importer la démocratie dans notre pays. Les Français doivent avoir le droit de choisir !

Christ above, the EU needs to hit the UK hard over this to prevent an exodus.

User1608

Banned
White supremacist neo Nazi's aren't just a terrifying joke anymore.

They're a cancer on society.
They have to be shut down and defeated, seen as the jokes they are while not being treated like one. It's unbelievable what's going on right now, and I'm here in the US. I cannot imagine what leave voters are feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom