• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
That's why we've got to work hard to prevent it. Register as many voters as possible, energize them, and turn them out. Finance, demographics, and policy are on our side. We've just got to get it done and not get complacent. We must remember the immortal words of the great Chang:

TmSdS.jpg

If this Brexit starts a mini (or worse) global recession, then that just gives Republicans ammo for the fall.

Paskil

My greatest hope was that the word Brexit would disappear into the mists, never to reemerge, once the remain vote was successful. Now it has changed into a real thing from an idea. You really let me down, UK people.

Fox318

If this Brexit starts a mini (or worse) global recession, then that just gives Republicans ammo for the fall.
How so? It's not like any American administration would have been able to stop this?

Plus we have a close relationship with every nation in the EU because of NATO so I don't see any American trade deals collapsing.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Genuinely sorry about the upcoming recession, AmeriGAF. :(

both berniebros and conservatives on the "blame out of touch elites"

"if they just had placated white's racist nightmares we wouldn't be here!"

what could they have done? screwed more minorities over?

Kevitivity

The poster you're responding to is a climate denier who thinks the DNC rigged the primaries for Hillary.

I don't know if this is going to be productive.

1. Climate Change is real.
2. I've read the Guccifer 2.0 leaked documents.

I know differing opinions are scary here, but trust me, it's good for you guys.

East Lake

both berniebros and conservatives on the "blame out of touch elites"

"if they just had placated white's racist nightmares we wouldn't be here!"

what could they have done? screwed more minorities over?
If there's a lesson for elites is that setting up a europe-wide, ineffective bureaucracy and then pumping in a bunch of migrants is a recipe for disaster and will lead to nationalism 1000% of the time.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Current Front Page of /lol/politics

13 - Clinton's Emails
5 - Actual News
4 - Generic Pro Sanders Bullshit
1 - Generic Anti Clinton Bullshit
1 - Generic Anti Democratic Party Bullshit

Who cares! UK market will continue freaking out, EU member states will panic, and as the threat of catastrophic EU breakup approaches, UK will just fashion a special free trade relationship with the EU, preserving all the market goodness but making immigration and regulation completely under the domain of the UK. Done.
I wonder what Bernie would say about the Brexit business

"I have not studied that. I am currently running for president"
He conceded today, during BREXIT.

Fox318

That fact will be utterly irrelevant to many voters.
I just don't see how this will impact the US election in such a way where somebody with 0 foreign policy experience is suddenly the person people believe in.

Even if you don't think Hillary is the person to fix a potential recession caused by market instability due to the EU being a shithole it's not like the EU hasn't always been like that. Spain, italy, greece, and turkey all bring problems to the table that the world's economy is forced to deal with.

Clefargle

1. Climate Change is real.
2. I've read the Guccifer 2.0 leaked documents.

I know differing opinions are scary here, but trust me, it's good for you guys.

I read them too, and while the DNC may have made plans to defend Clinton once she won the primary there is no evidence in the leaks that the DNC rigged anything in the primaries for Clinton.

I don't understand. You mentioned human rights so I was assuming you meant Syrian refugees.

There have been like 15,000 syrian refugees, and yes I believe humans have the right to escape war and states in peace and in prosperity have an obligation to take care of said human beings.

But I was mainly talking about labor having the same freedom of movement as capital and not being denied entry based on your income

Kevitivity

I read them too, and while the DNC may have made plans to defend Clinton once she won the primary there is no evidence in the leaks that the DNC rigged anything in the primaries for Clinton.

I agree. I rarely put much merit in in conspiracies. But I do enjoy reading leaked docs.

East Lake

what if you didnt ignore what happened tonight!
I'm not ignoring anything. I think you have a basically untenable position. The EU is not some bastion of rights respect as that article shows, so getting mad at the average brexiter when the elites are doing things far worse seems a bit silly.

Can't lie...

Brexit vote has me terrified an old, right wing fringe will pull out a win from Trump over here.

I get the impulse to freak out, but the US is by and large on an opposite trajectory than the one Europe's on right now, due in part to finally, FINALLY starting to get a handle on our racial issues right at the point they start being a major factor in the EU. I think we'll be fine.

#Take: This shows that politicians are willing to keep their campaign promises regardless of how insanely stupid those promises were and how much they are personally against what they promised.

True.

Good for Hillary supporters who aren't totally sure about her character, not so great for the "Trump's actually a liberal!" guys.

Ehhhh

Normally you might have a point, but the fundamental wackiness of Trump makes me feel like the tables might get flipped, or at least balanced out. Sorta like how normally R's benefit from the rally around the flag effect, but not with this matchup.

TheFatOne

Scary shit happening right now. This just makes me want Trump to lose even more. Have to send a strong message that candidates like Trump will never succeed in the U.S. Hope he gets annihilated come November.
Just another stark reminder tonight of how hated and scapegoated immigrants are.:(

Sadly using the other is a powerful tool. Has been for the history of mankind. Just unfortunately the way it is.

Kris is a troll character who supports North Korea and the new Philippines president.

When have I ever mentioned anything about North Korea? Ever?

So like, you legit don't understand international human rights codes and concepts of refugee asylum?

That is correct, I do not.

There have been like 15,000 syrian refugees, and yes I believe humans have the right to escape war and states in peace and in prosperity have an obligation to take care of said human beings.

But I was mainly talking about labor having the same freedom of movement as capital and not being denied entry based on your income

To the UK, maybe. In any case, you use the word "right" very liberally here. I think there are enough places in the world that states in peace and prosperity can choose voluntarily whether to take refugees.

Anyway, the ability to control immigration is essential to being a country with a government. People do not have a right to move anywhere they want in the world. There aren't even many countries that do this.

kirblar

Can't lie...

Brexit vote has me terrified an old, right wing fringe will pull out a win from Trump over here.
Minority voters are a huge proportion of the vote in the US, enough to make it so that can't happen without basically all the white people voting together.

User1608

Banned
Scary shit happening right now. This just makes me want Trump to lose even more. Have to send a strong message that candidates like Trump will never succeed in the U.S. Hope he gets annihilated come November.

Sadly using the other is a powerful tool. Has been for the history of mankind. Just unfortunately the way it is.
Indeed, and those politicians, people in power are as vile if not more so for using fear and hatred of human beings as a strategy to remain on top.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I just don't see how this will impact the US election in such a way where somebody with 0 foreign policy experience is suddenly the person people believe in.

Even if you don't think Hillary is the person to fix a potential recession caused by market instability due to the EU being a shithole it's not like the EU hasn't always been like that. Spain, italy, greece, and turkey all bring problems to the table that the world's economy is forced to deal with.
Ehhhh

Normally you might have a point, but the fundamental wackiness of Trump makes me feel like the tables might get flipped, or at least balanced out. Sorta like how normally R's benefit from the rally around the flag effect, but not with this matchup.
Trump may be a colossal trainwreck, but I'm not going to underestimate Republicans' ability to spin even a whiff of economic or global uncertainty into gains. They're pretty good at stoking fears, no matter how irrational.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom