• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I mean, Occam's Razor says it's because the Indian subcontinent produces much darker-skinned Asians than the rest of Asia, on average.

At least for my parents, GHWB to Clinton to Obama have all been presidents that have acknowledged Indian-Americans rather than be sort of angry about the Cold War (when Pakistan was on the US side and India was on the Russian side).

(I have my somewhat obvious biased reasons for loving the man)

Legit hope she makes a strong push in UT, AZ, MS, and GA. Make Trump defend them if he can. She's got way more infrastructure; he can't keep up if she pushes.

Office of Immigrant Affairs is a brilliant idea.

She actually offers plans and action.

No one elss has in this primary.

She's a policy wonk and that's what is needed.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Office of Immigrant Affairs is a brilliant idea.

She actually offers plans and action.

No one elss has in this primary.

She's a policy wonk and that's what is needed.

As has been said before - Clinton is a terrible campaigner, a terrible candidate for elected office, and a fantastic politician once she actually gets elected. :D

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Was this already posted?

Democratic presidential contender Hillary Clinton regained a double-digit lead over Republican rival Donald Trump this week, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Friday.

The June 20-24 poll showed that 46.6 percent of likely American voters supported Clinton while 33.3 percent supported Trump. Another 20.1 percent said they would support neither candidate.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-poll-idUSKCN0ZA3KG

Hindus and Sikhs both vote Conservative more than they do Labour. I don't actually know why that is either. I've heard people hypothesize Muslims mostly vote Labour, and the rest is sectarian differences, but I don't know how plausible I find that.

In Hindu caste systems, they believe in Fuck You Got Mine. That is what a caste system basically is

caste_system-oo4t9n.jpg

Emarv

Just saw those Texas posts from early today. You guys remember when I said this last night...

:(

Real talk, if places like Texas were given the chance to secede, even in the face of overwhelming evidence that it'd be disastrous, Remain wouldn't even be close.

That awkward moment when the guy you've gone out with twice meets your mom for the first time, and you're terrified he's going to think you're as crazy as her (which you are but you need a good 3-4 dates to trap him anyway)....

My mom is randomly showing people her Hillary women's card, btw.. She also put a Hillary bumper sticker on the outside of her purse. It's tacky af. And she didn't stick it...she pinned it with a giant fucking safety pin.

It's hard for me to use the "they're all just racist / bigots" when it's 50+% of the country. Heck; thought I saw a post pointing out that immigrants were also heavy on the "leave" side because they feared economic competition. That makes me think economics is the overarching concern and that immigration is the scapegoat for now. As things (probably) get worse, they'll find new scapegoats and go after them. I imagine it will be those "damn bankers" or what have you.

Found this article in the wake of reading Brexit articles, and it had what I think is a decent explanation of the confluence of racism and economic worry, and how using the first as a sole explanation will lead to flawed results.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-...exit-movement-and-donald-trump-have-in-common
Well, I specified immigration.

Which was the main factor. Given the freedom of movement was generally thought a net positive for the UK economy, and the economic support these regions were given by the EU. Everyone who keeps wanting to deny this, really needs to just accept it and move on.

Whether it was racism and xenophobia driving that dislike of immigration or not is a different question. And highly likely. There being a lot of them doesn't mean they weren't driven by xenophobia.

And that doesn't really wax lyrical on the drivers of that immigration either. Which some will want to go at length apologising for I'm sure.

Or from the wisdom of the Simpsons: Immigants! I knew it was them! Even when it was the bears, I knew it was them.

the $15 minimum wage is unfeasible in smaller States

It makes sense in NYC, SF, DC and LA but it doesn't make sense in the middle of the country

the $15 minimum wage in unfeasable in smaller States

It makes sense in NYC, SF, DC and LA but it doesn't make sense in the middle of the country

In Ohio, for example, where I am, it would be way, way too much. The cost of living isn't high enough to justify that. I agree we need to raise it, and it needs to be raised substantially, but a universal $15 is way too much.

itschris

Harry Enten tweeted about how Brexit polling differs from Trump's:

Clinton lead over Trump per Pollster.com: +6. Obama net approval: +4. Obama net favorability: +5.

Absolutely Trump can win. Keep in mind though, remain led in just 50.6% of polls since beginning of year. Clinton has led in 93.4% of them.

Now polls can change for sure. (See 1988, 1992, 2000.) But going solely by polls, Clinton is a surer bet than remain ever was.

I think @davidbylerrcp was right. Most don't know how to assess probability. But based on history, you can certainly offer a probability.

So that it's fair to say Clinton's 6 pt lead roughly gives here a 75% chance of winning. Not a sure thing, but that 75% chance is valid.

That 75% chance is worth as much as a 75% chance of winning on election day. Difference is that a 75% chance then would be like a 1.5 pt lead.

If Clinton actually led by 6 on election day, she'd probably be like a 95%+ chance of winning (depending on swing state polling).

In the middle there, he was referring to David Byler's tweets about people's lack of understanding of probability.

I think the fear is that it will cause an economic downturn that will help the opposition party, even if it's Trump.

an economic downturn stemming from the Brexit proves Donald Trump wrong.

we have 5 months to witness the fuckery from the Leave camp and its economic folly and the implosion.

Trump said "you took your country back!" now their currency is in free fall. Trump is in the wrong latching onto the Brexit.

He is toast in September at the debates

*Obama openly said that he is against the Brexit and that it woudl be bad. Obama was right

Iolo

Did Trump ever file the FEC paperwork so we could see that he forgave his loans for sure?

He didn't forgive them until after this month's deadline.

(because this month's deadline is when it was revealed he was fucked moneywise, and had to forgive to have a chance of getting future donations)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Actually, Republicans have already blamed Obama for Brexit.

Reasoning: Brexit would have never happened if America invaded Syria.

Obama did not invade Syria.

Therefore, Obama caused Brexit.

"But the GOP didn't want to invade Syria!" Jerry said, pointing out the obvious flaw in their logic we all see.

this does not compute.
Trump embraced Brexit and congratulated Brits on "taking their country back"

how can this be Obama's fault if Obama was on side of Remain?

kess

To be fair, most of these people pushing this narrative probably believe that Iraq supported Al-Qaeda and Clinton could have stopped 9/11.

As has been said before - Clinton is a terrible campaigner, a terrible candidate for elected office, and a fantastic politician once she actually gets elected. :D

This is part of her campaign though...

The reality she is neither of the first two but there is just literally viral derangement syndrome against her.

That awkward moment when the guy you've gone out with twice meets your mom for the first time, and you're terrified he's going to think you're as crazy as her (which you are but you need a good 3-4 dates to trap him anyway)....

My mom is randomly showing people her Hillary women's card, btw.. She also put a Hillary bumper sticker on the outside of her purse. It's tacky af. And she didn't stick it...she pinned it with a giant fucking safety pin.

I love your mom.

That's such a classic mom move.

The vote in Britain to exit the European Union (EU) is a victory for those who believe in the right of self-determination and who reject the pro-corporate, austerity policies of the political elites in EU. The vote says no to the EU’s vision of a world run by and for big business. It is also a rejection of the European political elite and their contempt for ordinary people

The Brexit vote is one more sign that voters are in revolt against the rigged economy and the rigged political system that created it. People want change and they will get it one way or the other.

Jill Stein!

watershed

Banned
I know a good number of people on gaf want Perez for VP, but after watching a few videos of him, I think he'd be a terrible pick. He's not made for the spotlight. He's rough in a not enduring way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom