• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

3phemeral

Most of us knew this already but Politifact covered the Google|Hillary "scandal":

Did Google adjust its autocomplete algorithm to hide Hillary Clinton's problems?

Our ruling

Napolitano accused America's most popular search engine, Google, of scrubbing search suggestions in favor of Clinton. Although it is clear Google’s algorithm is different from Bing or Yahoo, it still isn’t correct to describe the difference as evidence of Google’s support of Clinton.

Google’s suggested searches, for the most part, avoid offensive suggestions for everyone, not just Clinton.

If you haven't learned by now...there is never good news in Hillaryland. It's media diablosing 24/7 by the media. Welcome to my world 'a la 2008. It sucks. You'll love it.

So, something that's been pissing me off....and I couldn't figure out why. (Yes, I know Bernie is irrelevant as are the Bernie or Bust people...)

Bernie keeps going on and on about how the Democratic party has to earn his support. You know what? That's bullshit. Absolute bullshit, and proves, again, that Bernie cannot fail but can only be failed. One of the reasons he lost so spectacularly was that he failed to earn the Democratic party's support. Now, in defeat, he's gonna pretend he got leverage and shit? Naw, mate. Naw. That ain't how this works brah.

You want a place at the table? Fine. But you don't get to pick out the China, the food, the alcohol, the dessert and then bitch if it's not all to your specifications. Not cool man.

First of all, glad you are okay.

Secondly...

https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=bernie sanders&date=today 3-m&cmpt=date&tz=Etc/GMT+4

sanderstrendsbnuus.png

I'm DYING:

Sopan Deb ‏@SopanDeb 15m15 minutes ago
When asked today in Aberdeen if Trump support Texas seceding (T-exit), Trump said "Texas will never do that because Texas loves me."

Holy fuck, he gets away with murder.

We should expect to see more of this. Trump is toxic not only to the GOP, but the rest of the country.
Just waiting on that Bush family endorsement.

Hell, invite the Georges to the DNC. Every living president stand in a line, holding hands with Hillary, the next president. Find a way to reanimate Reagan's corpse so he can be there too. It'll be oodles of fun.

Just waiting on that Bush family endorsement.

Hell, invite the Georges to the DNC. Every living president stand in a line, holding hands with Hillary, the next president. Find a way to reanimate Reagan's corpse so he can be there too. It'll be oodles of fun.

I'm of two minds about this....I think the Bush family is 100% voting for Hillary, honestly. I don't know if I want them to be public about it though.

Diablos

I'm of two minds about this....I think the Bush family is 100% voting for Hillary, honestly. I don't know if I want them to be public about it though.
It's a double-edged sword. On one side it's awesome that the Bushes of all people are voting for Clinton.

On the other hand it legitimizes, in a sense, in the minds of many Bernie and Trump supporters that they're all TEH ESTABLISHMENT OMFG above all else and that they are no different. There's quite a strong anti-establishment mood, even globally with what we just saw with the Brexit... so it may be counterproductive.

Trouble

Banned

I know I do not want them to be public about it if they are. It's just ammunition for Trump if they do.

Yeah, it'd be an amazing show of solidarity for like one second but that carries so much baggage with it that I'd rather they not announce it.

Maledict

I honestly don't understand how the EU has suddenly become a massive Neoliberal corporatist machine. The same EU which introduced continent wide consumer rights? Worker protections? Has taken endless big corporations to court for bad business practice?

I'm just popping in to tell you guys that I sincerely hope you won't allow Trump to win. I don't even live in the US, but your country affects so many countries, that I'd hate to see it happen.

Dems hate the Bushes and a ton of republicans do too. Them endorsing Hillary would probably do more harm than good besides creating a Trump meltdown.

We don't need more fanning of the secret republican flames.

Dems hate the Bushes and a ton of republicans do too. Them endorsing Hillary would probably do more harm than good besides creating a Trump meltdown.

We don't need more fanning of the secret republican flames.
Yeah. Even if the Bush family and Romney hate Trump and do support Hillary, the best thing they can do is focus on attacking Trump. I imagine that they're savvy enough to realize that.

Geg

Wow, having not kept a close eye on the details of the Brexit stuff as an American, I had no idea the leader of the Labo(u)r party was refusing to work the pro-remain campaign despite being on the same side. No wonder people were calling for Corbyn's head the night of the vote

So protip

If you have the worst headache of your life don't just assume it's a migraine per usual. You will end up passed out in the middle of the bathroom only to wake up with a super cute doctor poking you...and not in a good way. Got to spend all night in the ER. May have been a TIA but I feel fine now. Thanks Obama. Seriously. Without the ACA that would have cost me a fortune.

A sick trip to ER has happened to me more than once in the past several years. So grateful to be able to do this without going into debt.

Pixieking

Banned
So Jill Stein is pro Brexit

Contrast that outlook with someone who's actually in the UK and working due to the Free Movement clause. I always loved the concept of a United States of Europe...

Holy shit at that article. Corbyn sounds like a complete piece of shit.

Yeah, but in a way, no. He's had to put-up with incessant talk about being overthrown as the leader of the Labour party after being democratically elected by its members, and he's got convictions. He's certainly not a politician, but he's actually not the worst MP in the UK. And he himself has said he doesn't want to lead (he had to be convinced to take-part in the leadership election that saw him become leader of the party).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom