• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like my intuition has mislead me greatly on the prospects of this flavor combination

See? Maybe some of my alcohol combinations aren't so weird.

Prune juice and whiskey!
Peanut Butter vodka and Orange Juice!
Smirnoff Ice Raspberry and Chocolate milk!

I've had one of these. I'll leave it to you all to work it out....

Prune juice and whiskey!

Hillary voters are all olds.

Prune juice and whiskey!

I audibly "UGHHHH"Ed at peanut butter and orange juice

Sianos

Eating dinner with the family, of course Fox News is on in the background. Oh well, maybe today is the day Republicans will demonstrate the appeal of their platform to me.

Noticed while watching that one of the women on the show had a very forceful acidic enunciation of the word "black" when it was to be followed by "people" or "person", a strong and venomous enunciation that she didn't use for other words.

Now I know this is all a part of the Fox News ambiance and that this women probably has black friends or whatever, but what do I call something like this when I describe it and cite the very very common occurrence of moments like these? "An indication of prejudice?" I have to straddle the line between too technically esoteric such that my point comes across and not too straightforward such that I don't offend people with the r word and cause them to shut down.

To give another example, the difference between just saying "Mexicans" and spitting the word out like during Trump's attack on judge Curiel. I don't want to get dragged into stupid semantics arguments with people lacking any semblance of social skill who are unable to discern obvious innotations.

Prune juice and whiskey!

Adam pls! There are starving children in Africa with better drinks than this.

You need to top this off with a good gif. Like this one.

tumblr_inline_o9b6jumAuc1twgv3x_500.gif

I like to experiment! What if it taste good. Prune Juice and whiskey was the best of those. Peanutb utter vodka really only pairs well with jello shots or chocolate milk.

I have gray hairs on my beard.

30 years old.

I can't grow a beard. But, I have to dye my hair because I get grey. Actually, it's just really, really, really, really, really light blond. (I'm 29).

The Eurozone's primary failing is the Euro.

You cannot have an independent budget capable of running deficits and have your hands tied w/ monetary policy.

In the US you get away with having radically different economies under one roof because state budgets have to be balanced.

Which US states have run a balanced budget from their first fiscal year to 2016?

pigeon

Banned
The Eurozone's primary failing is the Euro.

You cannot have an independent budget capable of running deficits and have your hands tied w/ monetary policy.

In the US you get away with having radically different economies under one roof because state budgets have to be balanced.

I don't think this is correct.

The US manages being a monetary union by also being a fiscal union. Louisiana's budget isn't really balanced because it actually receives a bunch of subsidies from the federal government, which gets the money to send it from California and New York.

The United States is actually a huge transfer program from blue states and urban areas to red states and rural areas. In exchange for all the money we get to make them marry gay people and let all their intelligent kids move to the blue states.

In the EU, this would look like Germany and the UK paying large EU taxes which would go to ongoing support payments for Italy/Greece/Spain et al.

We should expect to see more of this. Trump is toxic not only to the GOP, but the rest of the country.

Despite working for Bush, I don't think Paulson was ever a general conservative. He might even have been a Democrat. When he was Goldman CEO and I worked there, all I could find about him was that he was huge into wildlife preservation.

Paskil

I can't wait for Trump to make South Dakota great again by blowing those four assholes off the side of Mount Rushmore and replacing all four with Trump heads.

ampere

Prune juice and whiskey!

I kinda want to throw up right now. omg what is wrong with you

The United States is actually a huge transfer program from blue states and urban areas to red states and rural areas. In exchange for all the money we get to make them marry gay people and let all their intelligent kids move to the blue states.

This cracked me up, but it's not wrong

Paskil

Magic Kingdom isn't the worst part. What happens when head in jar technology becomes viable and Trump turns up his illegal alien rhetoric for actual aliens in a thousand years and runs for president and wins, just like Nixon?

I don't think this is correct.

The US manages being a monetary union by also being a fiscal union. Louisiana's budget isn't really balanced because it actually receives a bunch of subsidies from the federal government, which gets the money to send it from California and New York.

In the EU, this would look like Germany and the UK paying large EU taxes which would go to ongoing support payments for Italy/Greece/Spain et al.

The EU is never going to integrate themselves in this fashion, however, at least not in our lifetime. Fiscal policies are too disparate, there's far more nationalism separating individual EU states than there is state pride separating US states, and their histories are generally older and more local, whereas the US, being a relatively new country, is culturally united by a common, if disparately interpreted, past. A few more Greeces, another UK or two, and I think the EU would effectively dissolve, though some bureaucratic remnant might remain.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The EU is never going to integrate themselves in this fashion, however, at least not in our lifetime. Fiscal policies are too disparate, there's far more nationalism separating individual EU states than there is state pride separating US states, and their histories are generally older and more local, whereas the US, being a relatively new country, is culturally united by a common, if disparately interpreted, past. A few more Greeces, another UK or two, and I think the EU would effectively dissolve, though some bureaucratic remnant might remain.

The EU was a worthy project that might ultimately be done in by the plague of nationalism. It's still either the most important or second most important tool for peace in western Europe, depending on your thoughts about nuclear weapons.

3phemeral

Eating dinner with the family, of course Fox News is on in the background. Oh well, maybe today is the day Republicans will demonstrate the appeal of their platform to me.

Noticed while watching that one of the women on the show had a very forceful acidic enunciation of the word "black" when it was to be followed by "people" or "person", a strong and venomous enunciation that she didn't use for other words.

Now I know this is all a part of the Fox News ambiance and that this women probably has black friends or whatever, but what do I call something like this when I describe it and cite the very very common occurrence of moments like these? "An indication of prejudice?" I have to straddle the line between too technically esoteric such that my point comes across and not too straightforward such that I don't offend people with the r word and cause them to shut down.

To give another example, the difference between just saying "Mexicans" and spitting the word out like during Trump's attack on judge Curiel. I don't want to get dragged into stupid semantics arguments with people lacking any semblance of social skill who are unable to discern obvious innotations.
Based off of my personal experience, my theory is that this kind of tonal disdain stems from racist people who get frequently called out for their racism, only they don't think that what they say is racist. So instead of understanding it, they internalize it as "everything I say is racist!" And so by feeling unfairly judged, even when discussing the simplest and vaguest references to race, they self-police their own words but feel disgusted that they're forced to do it, so it bubbles up and seeps through their tonal delivery. :p

late to the party, spendtall day watching Brexit news, and today watching Eurocup games.

Trump's response yesterday in Scotland was bizare because he spent more minutes on the clock talking about suites, gold course just selling his resoirt

CNN pundits were flabergasted that when he was standing in the country the day after an historic vote to leave the EU and PM David Cameron resignation.. Trump just plugged his stupid resort not taking in the importance of what happened in the UK the night before

Rachel Maddow is right, Trump is just using this Presidential campaign to plug his stupid products and resorts

Tubie

I can't believe the Dollar and the Euro are so close to being 1:1.

My sister spent the summer in Europe 2 years ago, and the exchange was something like $1.35 for an Euro, it's $1.11 right now.

teiresias

late to the party, spendtall day watching Brexit news, and today watching Eurocup games.

Trump's response yesterday in Scotland was bizare because he spent more minutes on the clock talking about suites, gold course just selling his resoirt

CNN pundits were flabergasted that when he was standing in the country the day after an historic vote to leave the EU and PM David Cameron resignation.. Trump just plugged his stupid resort not taking in the importance of what happened in the UK the night before

Rachel Maddow is right, Trump is just using this Presidential campaign to plug his stupid products and resorts

You know, I really have no sympathy (if that's even the right emotion to be not having) for the pundits in this situation. There's no reason they had to keep broadcasting the speech when it was apparent it was an infomercial. They're the ones broadcasting everything he says and ending up looking like morons. Screw the TV media.

Utah Republicans have taken their first swipe at Democrat Doug Owens in what is expected to be a combative 4th Congressional District race — and it was focused on the actions of his late father.

The state party sent a fundraising email Wednesday that highlighted a 1992 House banking scandal that embarrassed then-Rep. Wayne Owens, D-Utah.

Well, we're hitting the ground running here.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/4045713-155/utah-gop-attacks-democrat-doug-owens

I'm in Mexico City rn and I'm sick of my american friends asking me if I've seen cartel violence. Reminds me when Santorum had the nerve to criticize Malia going to Oaxaca.

All of the top tourist spots in Mexico have lower crime rates than a lot of American cities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom