• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
In a discussion with one of my friends, I inadvertently came up with the worst ship ever:

Chris Christie x Boris Johnson

People compare Johnson to Trump, but I think Johnson is actually more similar to Cruz: actually rather intelligent, doesn't believe a word that comes out of his own mouth, would sell his grandmother downriver for political advantage, whipped up sentiment against his own party to get ahead, and then was dismayed by the eventual result.

CCS

Banned
People compare Johnson to Trump, but I think Johnson is actually more similar to Cruz: actually rather intelligent, doesn't believe a word that comes out of his own mouth, would sell his grandmother downriver for political advantage, whipped up sentiment against his own party to get ahead, and then was dismayed by the eventual result.

That's actually about right. I think the comparisons are mostly hairstyle-driven, in that they are both hair-raising :p

Teggy

It's hilarious, Trump can't even really tweet anything else about Warren anymore, because every tweet has to say she is an ineffective senator, is "goofy" and she is lying about being Native American. Then he just runs out of characters. Interesting that he dropped the "sometimes known as Pocahontas".

Poor Jan Brewer is sick and tired of being called a racist just because she says racist things and supports racist policy.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/jan...being-treated-like-a-bigot-for-backing-trump/

Emarv

Is there any explanation why (generally) leftist are more inclined to fight among themselves and throw the baby out with the bathwater? Or is it not even true and just a perception?

I remember Chuck Todd saying recently something to the effect of "Republicans can agree on 50% of issues and have that be enough to consider each other 'one of us', but if two liberals agree on 90% of issues, they'll argue until they're blue in the face about that last 10%". I think it is a kind of true phenomenon and I'm not sure why.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I remember Chuck Todd saying recently something to the effect of "Republicans can agree on 50% of issues and have that be enough to consider each other 'one of us', but if two liberals agree on 90% of issues, they'll argue until they're blue in the face about that last 10%". I think it is a kind of true phenomenon and I'm not sure why.

http://www.ethicsdefined.org/the-problem-with-morality/conservatives-vs-liberals/

Haidt's research suggests that your politics is very well predicted by which ethical values you hold most strongly, and these ethical values are actually rather abstract. Some of the values most strongly associated with conservatism are loyalty and authority; which might explain the reduced tendency of conservatives to infighting.

Valhelm

contribute something

The right are bound by their respect of tradition. Every leftist wants something different.

I guess Todd wasn't paying attention to the last 8 years, when republicans argued over absolute purity more than democrats.

Republicans primaried Eric Cantor.

Emarv

Re:infighting- I think all of those are fair points, fellas. But how about we stop infighting and start working together?! :p

Good news for Texas for once? Fuck yeah!

Paskil

So happy I was right about the 5-3 decision. I can't say I wasn't worried, but given what Kennedy's past decisions and writing, along with the transparent nature of the regulations and their attempts to shut down clinics, I was 99% certain it would be 5-3 against Texas.

Paskil

Also, did Alito read this dissent from the bench, as well? >.>

Edit: Whoops, assumed someone else would have posted by this time. Apologies for double.

Diablos

If you care about your damn country so much, Cameron, hold a second vote with a stricter threshold...
I'm sorry but he comes off as being a spineless and indecisive leader.

CCS

Banned
Hell of an afternoon, just found out I'll be graduating with a First Class degree (4.00 GPA I believe for all you colonials) :D

Ophelion

I just want the Queen to get involved and use some power-of-the-state shenanigans to call a general election, tbh.

I'm just going on record as saying that if somehow this did come to pass, I will happily lead the rest of the world in a rousing and very heartfelt rendition of "God Save the Queen".

I know it won't, but lordy would that be fantastic.

Paskil

McDonnell bribery case was remanded back to the 4th Circuit Court. "Official Act" should be better defined so that the government doesn't have the ability to so broadly assign bribery charges, or something. Just took a cursory look.

Hmm, I maybe misread this in my quick look. Looks like the remand is to proceed with vacating the conviction. Will need to take a closer look later.

Fox318

I wish CNN wouldn't use the headline CLINTON AND WARREN JOIN FORCES

That language makes it look like she is gonna be the VP and that isn't confirmed yet right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom