• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holmes

I really do think she is testing Warren and if she passes the VP slot is hers. Obviously, the combo fires people up, but more importantly she wants to spend quality time with her and see if they can get along given history.
For all the "they don't get along" stories, Clinton and Warren were very amicable in the rally. First name basis (Clinton and Sanders aren't on that level, for example) and they both told personal stories about meetings and phone calls they've had together talking about things that they relate to (like being grandmothers). Lots of hand holding, smiles and hugging. The body language was telling.

For all the "they don't get along" stories, Clinton and Warren were very amicable in the rally. First name basis (Clinton and Sanders aren't on that level, for example) and they both told personal stories about meetings and phone calls they've had together talking about things that they relate to (like being grandmothers). Lots of hand holding, smiles and hugging. The body language was telling.

Yeah, I'm honestly kind of shocked at how well they seem to work together

Zornack

I made a meme.

pTXvQRe.jpg

I should do this for a living.

Tubie

Feeling real good about that SC abortion decision.

Texas and all the other states attempting to ban abortion with regulation fuckery can go fuck right off.

Oh, and Clarence Thomas is still a horrible human being.

Holmes

But if it's Warren, the campaign won't get any of that sweet, sweet Wall Street cash.
Yes it will. Don't believe Wall Street bankers when they make empty threats, even if the reports are true. And the ticket will get some of the Sanders donor base too.

Yes it will. Don't believe Wall Street bankers when they make empty threats, even if the reports are true. And the ticket will get some of the Sanders donor base too.

Yep, they might be willing to forego donations for a generic rep, but they know how toxic Trump is and the last thing they want is that kind of uncertainty. God, I can't even imagine the horrors of Brexit and a Trump win on the markets in the same year

Monday is almost over, and not a Trump fuckup?

Pivot is here

Good, I'm fine with him continuing on his path for the foreseeable future. He seems to be raising money and actually putting together a campaign which makes it that much harder for him to be ousted when they have to explain to donors/voters wtf they are doing. Just needs to survive for one more month.

Speaking of which, what's his campaign rally schedule look like for the next couple of weeks?

Teggy

Give him some time. I look forward to his statements on the SCOTUS decisions today. (Forgive me if he's made them and I didn't see.)

He will also be doing a "policy" speech tomorrow, which I assume will be a teleprompter affair.

Nate, Wasserman, Enten are all saying that demographics means that Hillary should be more worried about PA than CO or NV.

Will be interesting to see how this develops.

Same with ME-02. But not too worried about that, just one EV overall.

Hat in the ring
Clinton: Becerra
Trump: Sessions

I'm not even remotely confident these will be the choices. In fact, I have huge doubts. But I just want to play, and there's no point in playing if you're not gonna have some fun with it.

Holmes

Nate, Wasserman, Enten are all saying that demographics means that Hillary should be more worried about PA than CO or NV.

Will be interesting to see how this develops.

Same with ME-02. But not too worried about that, just one EV overall.
Because Pennsylvania has a much larger white population than Colorado, and especially Nevada. In terms of demographics, Nevada is turning into a mini-California. Very large Hispanic population, and large Asian and African-American populations. They just need to get out and vote in midterms. I think the state will be there in a couple of cycles (not California-level I mean, that would take much longer, but safe D).

Trump headed to Bangor, ME in search of that one electoral vote.

Because Pennsylvania has a much larger white population than Colorado, and especially Nevada. In terms of demographics, Nevada is turning into a mini-California. Very large Hispanic population, and large Asian and African-American populations. They just need to get out and vote in midterms. I think the state will be there in a couple of cycles (not California-level I mean, that would take much longer, but safe D).

I also don't really buy the Pennsylvania talk, at least not yet. We've gotten so few state polls anyway so it's hard to see if this is something that she needs to invest in.

McCain and Romney received around 2.6m votes in PA; in 2004 W Bush reached 2.7m. I can't imagine Trump breaking that ceiling and getting the 3m votes required to win the state.

"You want to talk about goofy, look at him in that goofy hat". Dragggg him, Forma.

What's great about picking on Trump's hat is that he's goofier looking without the hat.

Clinton/Warren's win is going to be cathartic for the country. Not only do you have a historic ticket and victory, but it's won by overcoming a prototypical bully in a time when bullying has grown to become a crisis for our kids on social media.

Holmes

I also don't really buy the Pennsylvania talk, at least not yet. We've gotten so few state polls anyway so it's hard to see if this is something that she needs to invest in.
I mean, there's reason for it, but a lot of the Pennsylvania talk just gets simplified to "there are a lot of white voters, Republicans have a chance!" and that's true on the surface, I guess, but it doesn't paint the whole picture. SW PA was traditionally Democratic in the same way WV and eastern KY (coal country) were, and now that region has swung away hard from the Democrats. So sure, Democrats still have Pittsburgh, Erie, Scranton and Philly, which is a solid base in the state, but it's not enough. The real battle for the state is now in the Philly suburbs, and Romney knew that. He spent quite a bit of time and resources there, but fell short and Obama did win the state pretty comfortably in 2012. The area was Republican in the past, and now it's more of a swing area with more minorities (African-Americans and Hispanics) and college-educated workers who commute to Philly living there now.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What's great about picking on Trump's hat is that he's goofier looking without the hat.

Clinton/Warren's win is going to be cathartic for the country. Not only do you have a historic ticket and victory, but it's won by overcoming a prototypical bully in a time when bullying has grown to become a crisis for our kids on social media.

It's going to be the nerds beating the bully and it's going to feel so good as a result.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I'm rooting against Elizabeth Warren until you guys stop calling her Forma. It's almost a worse nickname than Pocahontas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom