• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/747515222173310976

Cl-1IPFWIAAJDrz.jpg

Interesting self-reflection. Imagine Trump saying something like this.

Fox318

I feel like the situation in the UK makes me thankful for term limits. Cameron doing the referendum was such a desperate way to stay in power imagine what a US president, Governor, or Mayor would promise to the extremes of his party to stay in power?

He's got a bold plan on how to win!

They'll never see it coming when Trump finally brings up that oft-ignored topic, terrorism! And you know that women and latinos love Trump

Seriously cannot believe that these people think they're appealing to anyone other than an ever-shrinking subset of older white men. Like, it's probably a great example of what living in a bubble is like; they're just sitting around thinking, "What would appeal to the youths, the blacks, and the Latinos? We'd ask, but we don't know any."

And then they fall back on more old white dude policy.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I feel like the situation in the UK makes me thankful for term limits. Cameron doing the referendum was such a desperate way to stay in power imagine what a US president, Governor, or Mayor would promise to the extremes of his party to stay in power?

He's a shitbag, but term limits aren't saving us from that stuff. He's just an incompetent who promised to do something dumb to win an election. It's not any different from the US. Not every governorship has term limits either.

CCS

Banned
r/s4p are so immature it's hilarious. People are linking the video of Warren speaking alongside Clinton and labelling it NSFL (Not Suitable For Life).

Slayven

Sanders press secretary exits campaign

Symone Sanders, national press secretary for the Bernie Sanders' campaign, confirms that she has left the senator's presidential bid.
She gave her notice last week and was gone as of Sunday.

"I just believe my time with the campaign has come to an end," she said to CNN. "I'm very proud of the work we have done and am now looking forward to helping elect down-ballot Democrats and do all I can to ensure a Democrat is the 45th president of the United States."

I guess the money is all gone. Folks got to start putting out those resumes

Fox318

He's a shitbag, but term limits aren't saving us from that stuff. He's just an incompetent who promised to do something dumb to win an election. It's not any different from the US. Not every governorship has term limits either.

fair point but usually you don't promise something that could lead to the complete breakup of a major economical unit plus the potential division of your nation with the increased possibility that Northern Ireland , Scotland, and Gibraltar all want to leave.

Especially since IIRC all of the UK's nuke subs as well as oil reserves are in Scotland.

It was such a desperate cling to power I mean even Nixon resigned when he knew he wasn't going to last.

Imagine what Bush 2 would have to promise his base in 2008 if he wanted a 3rd term?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
fair point but usually you don't promise something that could lead to the complete breakup of a major economical unit plus the potential division of your nation with the increased possibility that Northern Ireland , Scotland, and Gibraltar all want to leave.

Especially since IIRC all of the UK's nuke subs as well as oil reserves are in Scotland.

It was such a desperate cling to power I mean even Nixon resigned when he knew he wasn't going to last.

Imagine what Bush 2 would have to promise his base in 2008 if he wanted a 3rd term?

The problem isn't a pack of term limits though, it's Cameron's incompetence. We've had politicians almost tank the world economy by refusing to raise the debt ceiling in recent years, the only difference between that and Brexit is that our guys didn't have the power to make it happen.

Maledict

Oh no, it's even worse. Cameron had already agreed to go before the end of his term - before we even had the last general election. The *only* reason he called this was because he's a coward who was afraid of his right flank.

Sanders still has money ($9.2 million I think?), I just think that even the people on his campaign know that it's over.

Plus a skinny operation booking areas for him to pontificate in probably doesn't require much staff.

I wonder when they will start refunding the money that violated FEC rules

itschris

Politico: Hardly anybody wants to speak at Trump's convention

A slot at the Republican National Convention used to be a career-maker — a chance to make your name on the big stage and to catch the eye of the Republican donors and activists who make or break campaigns.

In the year of Trump: Not so much.

With the convention less than a month away, POLITICO contacted more than 50 prominent governors, senators and House members to gauge their interest in speaking. Only a few said they were open to it, and everyone else said they weren’t planning on it, didn’t want to or weren’t going to Cleveland at all — or simply didn’t respond.

Trump’s convention troubles represent a big turnabout from 2012, when Mitt Romney’s team had an endless list of choices. Whoever Romney wanted to speak, one ex-adviser to the former GOP nominee recalled, he got. They would end up packing the three-day schedule with boldfaced names, including Haley, Portman and Kasich. (One person who didn’t end up making it to the stage: Trump. The New York businessman had initially been slated to speak on the opening day of the convention, with Romney’s nervous aides agreeing to allow him brief remarks, according to “Double Down,” the post-2012 campaign chronicle. The appearance was scrapped, however, because inclement weather forced the cancellation of that day’s activities.)

A Trump spokesperson declined to comment on this year’s convention plans. But the billionaire, who has fashioned himself as a Beltway outsider, has hinted that he wants nonpoliticians to have major roles. During a rally this month, Trump floated the idea of having a “Winner’s Evening,” which would spotlight sports stars.

It’s also expected that Trump’s children, including daughter Ivanka and sons Eric and Donald Jr., will get prime-time spots. The three have emerged as Trump’s most vocal surrogates.

And, while many are reluctant to appear onstage in Cleveland, some aren’t. Those pols who’ve thrown their support to Trump, like New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, seem like natural candidates to be convention speakers. Montana Rep. Ryan Zinke, a former leader of the Navy SEAL team that would later kill Osama bin Laden, hopes to get a slot, said a spokeswoman. Zinke has endorsed Trump and recently appeared at one of his rallies.

So, the convention highlights will be Trump, Trump's children, Newt Gingrich, Chris Christie, and "sports stars"?

HylianTom

Banned
pls pls pls Tom don't fucking speak at Trump's fucking convention

pls pls pls
If I were to talk, I'd want to slip in as many dirty, offensive double-entendres as I could, and at the end of my speech I'd use the word "poopy" - and I'd act shocked and embarrassed at the fact that I said "poopy" in public. It'd be scandalous!

(I'd also want PoliGAF to give me a secret list of required terms to include in the text of the speech.)

Fox318

Politico: Hardly anybody wants to speak at Trump's convention

So, the convention highlights will be Trump, Trump's children, Newt Gingrich, Chris Christie, and "sports stars"?

Frankly I think that works in Trumps favor. He isn't going to be the anti-institution candidate with guys like Ryan and McConnell.

Hell if anything expect a heavy dose of Freedom Caucus speakers like Louie Gohmert and Steve King combined with extensive talks from Wayne LaPierre and maybe a Mike Pence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom