• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emarv

Politico: Hardly anybody wants to speak at Trump's convention

So, the convention highlights will be Trump, Trump's children, Newt Gingrich, Chris Christie, and "sports stars"?

tumblr_n09qy0uwMJ1t1xc0so1_400.gif

Frankly I think that works in Trumps favor. He isn't going to be the anti-institution candidate with guys like Ryan and McConnell.

Hell if anything expect a heavy dose of Freedom Caucus speakers like Louie Gohmert and Steve King combined with extensive talks from Wayne LaPierre and maybe a Mike Pence.

How does Trump looking even more loony with that bag of clowns on his biggest stage he has help him?

It's hilarious to me how butt hurt my Sander's die hards on Facebook are that the DNC hasn't fully embraced his platform.

I mean, gee guys, if only there had been some way in which we could have held some sort of vote to see whether or not his ideas were the ones that I don't know, people in the DNC or people registered Democrat might have wanted... then we'd know if it was fair or not for them to instead, bizarrely go with Clinton's platform over Bernalds.

It's hilarious to me how butt hurt my Sander's die hards on Facebook are that the DNC hasn't fully embraced his platform.

I mean, gee guys, if only there had been some way in which we could have held some sort of vote to see whether or not his ideas were the ones that I don't know, people in the DNC or people registered Democrat might have wanted... then we'd know if it was fair or not for them to instead, bizarrely go with Clinton's platform over Bernalds.

Honestly, the Sanders camp is getting a lot of what they want in the platform. But I suppose they're entitled to write the entire platform because reasons.

User1608

Banned
I am amused at the times I diablos'd over Bernie. He's barely relevant now... still hoping he endorses.

Also Tom Brady can suck it.

dramatis

I read a thing in The Atlantic and they do raise the funny question of Trump and the RNC not inviting Kasich to speak at the convention. I mean, that guy is the governor of the state they're holding it in.

Ophelion

The only reason I was worried about Bernie or Busters at all was due to what their rhetoric was rooted in. Because the argument against Obama in '08 as I recall was one of being under-qualified. Not that he was some kind of inhuman super-criminal that sustains himself on the blood of the poor. My only concern was that a higher than usual number of Bernie supporters would not be able to vote for Clinton even after Bernie was gone from the race because they had taken the stance that doing so was unethical.

Maybe I just never heard the worst of the PUMA arguments, but it felt different and that made me a little nervous. I tried not to go in on Bernie supporters, though I'm sure my willpower cracked on more than one occasion. Very glad to seemingly be wrong.

Teggy

I think the Tom Brady thing was blown out of proportion. Trump sent Brady the hat and he put it in his locker because he thought it was a nice keepsake or something. He's never endorsed Trump.

I think the Tom Brady thing was blown out of proportion. Trump sent Brady the hat and he put it in his locker because he thought it was a nice keepsake or something. He's never endorsed Trump.

Thats what I think

Trump hates the NFL because of the USFL collapse, Brady is being
UNRIGHTFULLY AND FRAUDULENTLY
targeted by the NFL and Brady is fighting back
BECAUSE HE IS INNOCENT

User1608

Banned
That's where I'm leaning too, Trump will pick Gingrich I think and then Warren is the perfect response.
Indeed. As many have said, if I were to look at it objectively, you have two very qualified women on one ticket and two children on the other, though granted at least Newt has experience.

Trump is so ridiculously unqualified and dumb. Such a toxic pair.

CCS

Banned
Indeed. As many have said, if I were to look at it objectively, you have two very qualified women on one ticket and two children on the other, though granted at least Newt has experience.

Trump is so ridiculously unqualified and dumb.

Also, Newt + Trump is basically Misogyny: The Ticket

"In construing the statute before us expansively so that causing a single minor reckless injury or offensive touching can lead someone to lose his right to bear arms forever, the Court continues to “relegat[e] the Second Amendment to a second-class right.”

Clarence Thomas is the creepiest person involved with the government today. He's a sexual abuser, I know, but arguing passionately for people that assault women to have guns shows that he actively despises all women. Women are terrified of their former abusers because their abusers are violent losers with no humanity, giving guns to these losers will cause a lot more deaths and infinitely more fear. After all, you're going to be more scared when a psychopath is stalking you... with a gun.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2016/06/27/3792912/thomas-guns-domestic-abuse/

Teggy

Benghazi report came out today and Hillary was declared completely innocent
It was the one written by the Democrats

Pls and let Bionic be proven right about him once and for all.

I would also hope that Ben does it too so we can see that dilemma too :)
It's there a more sure way to deliver Ohio to Queen than Brady and Big Ben speaking at the convention? Unless we get a picture of Trump in a scUM hat... But even he's not that much of an ass....

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Even Trump isn't that dumb/crazy

I honestly have no idea, so I went with the crazy idea.
Justification: Has nothing to lose other than gain more name recognition, is a women.

Trump's poll numbers are probably going to hover where they are now, and his approval numbers are total shit. Anybody with political aspirations is going to stay the fuck away. Which leaves me with few legit choices. I don't even think Newt will want to be attached in any direct way to the campaign.

Teggy

Lewandowski seemed to think announcing the VP candidate early would be a big boon for Trump. Sessions doesn't seem like someone who would get people excited. Would Christie? Maybe, but he's become such a lackey at this point. I could see them thinking that about Gingrich, but otherwise I think it would be a surprise female.

My local news just said there were national polls that showed Trump virtually ahead. GG Cleveland.

Anyone else notice Elizabeth Forma has gone quiet on Twitter lately?

gaugebozo

Maybe I should go for Christie...Clinton and Trump surprisingly agree on a pro-McDonald's agenda.

Nah, he'll double down on the racism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom