• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, the Sanders camp is getting a lot of what they want in the platform. But I suppose they're entitled to write the entire platform because reasons.

I'm getting posts like "DNC is giving Bernie a slap in the face" because not all his ideas are being adopted. Of course, they ignore the ones that have been.

Wilsongt

H. A. Goodman ‏@HAGOODMANAUTHOR 2h2 hours ago

Media is bringing the heat, but WHY QUIT WHEN HRC HAS 2 FBI CRIMINAL PROBES? Bernie is waiting, we are all waiting. FBI do your job, thanks.
52 retweets 101 likes
H. A. Goodman ‏@HAGOODMANAUTHOR 13h13 hours ago

Lol

#Bernie2016 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x6AbgxLWP4 … Clinton Foundation Subpoenaed Alongside VA Gov Terry McAuliffe's FBI Probe. Not Coincidence.

Also, wat?

Iolo

My local news just said there were national polls that showed Trump virtually ahead. GG Cleveland.

Anyone else notice Elizabeth Forma has gone quiet on Twitter lately?

The only thing better than being virtually ahead is being actually ahead.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Commentators saying Trump has started to pivot on immigration by saying there would not be mass deportations, and from not commenting on the Supreme Court ruling today.

Btw I don't know how commentators can say they still think it's unlikely that Warren will be VP, it's pretty much certain now.

Commentators saying Trump has started to pivot on immigration by saying there would not be mass deportations, and from not commenting on the Supreme Court ruling today.

Btw I don't know how commentators can say they still think it's unlikely that Warren will be VP, it's pretty much certain now.
I still don't think she will.

It's a stupid pick for VP and she'd be competition in the media and lefts eye for at least 4 years.

She gives nothing that she can't by just campaigning normally and being #withher

What does taking Warren out of the Senate get Clinton? She's already endorsed her and will be a fixture on the campaign trail.

Obama didn't need to pick Clinton why should she.

And I'd rather see Warren leading committees and grilling witnesses

France has a lot of terrorism and would probably have to be on the ban list and banning immigration from France is not going to be well received at all?
It doesn't have "a lot of terrorism" it's obvious he's referring to mideastern countries. Lets not try to be all smarmy about it. It turns people off and does nothing to actually go after what is so odious about the plan.

johnsmith

remember me
What does taking Warren out of the Senate get Clinton? She's already endorsed her and will be a fixture on the campaign trail.

Clinton said she wants to pick someone she enjoys working with. Maybe they're getting along? Not hard to believe she would get along more with a woman her own age than a younger man.

Sibylus

Banned
This is all back of napkin thinkpiecing, but I think they could both get something out of Warren as VP. Hillary a straight-shooter who has a finger on the pulse of what the leftermost wings of the party and the country are pushing, and it certainly helps establish in the wider view that she's progressive in more than just presentation. Warren might be weighing that she could potentially get more done as VP and campaigning for turnout in the general election and the downballot races. Her seat for the possibility of gains overall.

It's not match made in heaven stuff, but I can see how striking a bargain could be attractive. They don't see wholly eye to eye but they're electric when they try.

hawk2025

H. A. Goodman ‏@HAGOODMANAUTHOR 2h2 hours ago

Media is bringing the heat, but WHY QUIT WHEN HRC HAS 2 FBI CRIMINAL PROBES? Bernie is waiting, we are all waiting. FBI do your job, thanks.
52 retweets 101 likes
H. A. Goodman ‏@HAGOODMANAUTHOR 13h13 hours ago

Lol

#Bernie2016 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x6AbgxLWP4 … Clinton Foundation Subpoenaed Alongside VA Gov Terry McAuliffe's FBI Probe. Not Coincidence.

Also, wat?

I always click on his videos to see if they are still 20+ minutes long, lol

It's adorable.

thcsquad

Joe Biden was a very skilled and popular Senator, you could've made the same argument about him.

Warren as VP would be an olive branch to and excite the liberal base in a way that her as just another surrogate wouldn't. And after that Wall Street open letter that basically promised to withhold funding if Warren was picked, and after her being vetted as a frontrunner, it would look like Hillary was listening to the donors.

You can say that there wouldn't be a ton of people who would vote based on this, but I have the feeling that the fallout from somebody like Kaine or Booker could boost Jill Stein enough to screw with some swing states.

HylianTom

Banned
This is all back of napkin thinkpiecing, but I think they could both get something out of Warren as VP. Hillary a straight-shooter who has a finger on the pulse of what the leftermost wings of the party and the country are pushing, and it certainly helps establish in the wider view that she's progressive in more than just presentation. Warren might be weighing that she could potentially get more done as VP and campaigning for turnout in the general election and the downballot races. Her seat for the possibility of gains overall.

It's not match made in heaven stuff, but I can see how striking a bargain could be attractive. They don't see wholly eye to eye but they're electric when they try.

One of Hillary's chief negatives with convinceable voters is that she's corrupted - bought and paid-for - by special interests. Given that the VP is sometimes picked to address a weakness or a need for balance, a pick of Warren could serve as an attempt to soothe such concerns.

Harry dropping bombs

https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/747548094418550784

Cl_S_x_WAAA01_V.jpg:large

gcubed

I saw someone say that Johnson gets 7 in that poll. Could be less that Hillary is gaining support and more that Trump is losing it.

The ABC/WaPo poll (with Hillary up 12) broke their results down in terms of Obama and Romney states. In Obama states, Hillary leads by 24. In Romney states, she's trailing by 10. Obama won his states by an average of 14 points and lost the Romney states by an average of 16, so she's gaining (or rather Trump is falling further behind) mostly in blue states.

I know what you mean but I also think that just means those blue-ish states will break solid blue by the time this wraps up. Like I just don't see both Texas being lean red and Pennsylvania being a toss-up in November.

honestly, i'm really looking for a reason to be nervous, because right now it looks too good to be true

There are a couple of things.

Firstly, I get the sense that Warren actually kinda wants it. Just her body language, the way she's been presenting and positioning herself. Giving her biography today. It all seems like someone who is auditioning for the role.

Secondly, it's not only an olive branch to the Bernie supporters, but it's also a huge excitement builder. There are a ton of people who say they'll vote for Hillary because she's "not Trump." Warren gives the ticket something more than "not Trump." Kaine? He's about as exciting as an enema in a rain storm. He's qualified. Competent, but dull as fuck. There's no spark or fire there.

If you haven't watch today's rally. The place was on fucking fire. She brings excitement, and, I think Hillary needs a little bit of excitement on the ticket. You put Warren up as just another surrogate, and it's meh. She'd be drawing more crowds than Kaine or Perez. (Although Becerra and Perez each have the potential to bring out excitement in certain constituencies.)

From Hillary's point of view, she doesn't have to worry about Warren refusing to be a team player due to a potential run in 2024. She'd probably be too old. Makes her easier to keep on script.

As to why she'd leave the Senate, her having power there is contingent upon us taking it back, something we may do but maybe only for 2 years. There was also an article from Politico (or Salon, or somewhere) a few months ago that hinted Warren may not even run in 2018. I think that's bunk, and I can't find it now, but if there's doubt about her wanting to run another campaign. maybe this is a good place for her to end her career?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
An update to an earlier post;

The friend my brother knew from his time at UCF was killed in Orlando, the hospitalization info was incorrect.

Another one of his friends started a change.org petition to "to request that Drew’s passing be honored by using him as inspiration for the first-ever LGBT Star Wars character to appear in a movie."

https://www.change.org/p/kathleen-kennedy-make-this-orlando-lgbt-victim-into-a-star-wars-

I think it's a great idea and gesture. I don't know how much petitions like that can do, but I figured i'd share it.

pigeon

Banned
It doesn't have "a lot of terrorism" it's obvious he's referring to mideastern countries. Lets not try to be all smarmy about it. It turns people off and does nothing to actually go after what is so odious about the plan.

I agree and I'd prefer to focus on the fact that his plan is still a de facto ban on Muslims, just that somebody noticed it's unenforceable so they switched to banning all immigrants from Muslim countries. It's unclear whether it's better or worse that the new plan bans all refugees from, say, Syria, whether they're Christian or Muslim.

Highly doubtful. This is not so much as a pivot except turning it into a dog whistle and not being so blatantly racist.

Dog whistling is the conventional GOP strategy, though, so it's a pivot. Still probably doesn't make him a reasonable candidate because of his Twitter Tourette's, but it's a step towards being Romney.

Emarv

Katrina Pearson is floundering on CNN trying to explain Trump's Muslim Ban pivot. Now saying it was never about Muslims and how they'll work with Confress for a vetting process of these "individuals" but have no proposals what those might be.

MESS

Trump is going to switch back to "Muslim ban!" within 3 days. I don't know if we're going to be turning off too many people by being smarmy about a soon to be abandoned policy in a thread that is 90% Hillary Clinton supporters

An update to an earlier post;

The friend my brother knew from his time at UCF was killed in Orlando, the hospitalization info was incorrect.

Another one of his friends started a change.org petition to "to request that Drew’s passing be honored by using him as inspiration for the first-ever LGBT Star Wars character to appear in a movie."

https://www.change.org/p/kathleen-kennedy-make-this-orlando-lgbt-victim-into-a-star-wars-

I think it's a great idea and gesture. I don't know how much petitions like that can do, but I figured i'd share it.

I'm so sorry he passed away. There were several touching things done at Pride over the weekend to honor those who were killed.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Katrina Pearson is floundering on CNN trying to explain Trump's Muslim Ban pivot. Now saying it was never about Muslims and how they'll work with Confress for a vetting process of these "individuals" but have no proposals what those might be.

MESS
I'm laughing and getting a headache at the same time. What a shitshow. Good on Brianna Keilar for going in hard and not letting her get away with non-answers.

FAKE EDIT - And now she's talking to her like she's a five year old. I love it.

I actually think saying you are going to ban a bunch of potential Christians seeking refugee status from those horrible Muslims will actually look worse. There is a large effort dedicated to show how persecuted those Christians are and now we will have a policy banning them.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I actually think saying you are going to ban a bunch of potential Christians seeking refugee status from those horrible Muslims will actually look worse. There is a large effort dedicated to show how persecuted those Christians are and now we will have a policy banning them.
There's no winning with this strategy, but Trump and his surrogates aren't smart enough to realize that.

Tom Cotton and the rest made sure to promote how Christians are undergoing genocide in Syria and elsewhere.

Now Donald Trump wants to ban those Christians from entering the United States.

hawk2025

It's extremely easy to counter this new Trump approach, IMO.

Politicians are great at bringing out specific examples of people that would be impacted.

We would have prosecuted christians, brilliant Iranian academics, you name it. Bring them up, show them, crush Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom