• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hillary Clinton ‏@HillaryClinton 1m1 minute ago
Pat Summitt's record is legendary. Her work ethic—second to none. We need exactly that kind of commitment to end Alzheimer's. -H

If I was a one issue voter, this might be the issue for me. Hillary's push on Alzheimer's is really great.

CmEOR7OUkAA17vT.jpg

Indict Crooked Hilary! P.S. give a billionare money

fauxtrot

Banned
Oh lord...

Just got an email from Bernie ASKING FOR MORE MONEY under the guise of helping his poor delegates get to the convention to make political revolution happen! (lol)

Before our nearly 1,900 delegates can vote at the Democratic convention next month, we need to actually get them to Philadelphia.

Here's the thing: our delegates are not wealthy campaign contributors. They're not party insiders or establishment elites. They're working folks, and it's not easy for many of them to fly to Philly and stay in hotels for a week.

We really need to have all of our delegates at the Democratic convention because we expect there could be critical votes for the party platform and electoral process. We'd hate to fall short on these votes because some of our delegates couldn't afford to go to the convention.

That's why I'm asking you directly:

Make a contribution to our campaign before Thursday's midnight FEC deadline to help our delegates come to the Democratic convention so we can have our entire political revolution represented next month in Philadelphia.

If you've saved payment info with ActBlue Express, your donation will go through immediately:

<snip>

You'd be shocked at how expensive it is to attend the Democratic convention. It can cost more than $4,000 per delegate!

Hotels are booked months in advance, and then resold at higher prices. Lobbyists throw all sorts of fancy parties. It's easy for the political establishment to navigate this and know whom to call to find the right way in. That, or they're wealthy enough to pay for themselves.

Our political revolution is not made up of people like that. Our folks need help to get to the convention and stay there.

You can make sure all our delegates represent Bernie at the Democratic convention. Can you help us before Thursday's midnight FEC fundraising deadline?

Contribute to our campaign and make sure that Bernie's delegates can get to the Democratic convention next month.

Oh lord...

Just got an email from Bernie asking FOR MORE MONEY under the guise of helping his poor delegates get to the convention to make political revolution happen! (lol)

You'd be shocked at how expensive it is to attend the Democratic convention. It can cost more than $4,000 per delegate!

Hotels are booked months in advance, and then resold at higher prices. Lobbyists throw all sorts of fancy parties. It's easy for the political establishment to navigate this and know whom to call to find the right way in. That, or they're wealthy enough to pay for themselves.

This is truly pathetic.

Oh lord...

Just got an email from Bernie ASKING FOR MORE MONEY under the guise of helping his poor delegates get to the convention to make political revolution happen! (lol)

If he actually gives it to the delegate I don't see what the problem is.

Hotels are absurdly expensive and all delegates should be able to fulfill what they were elected to do. Or do we only want rich people who can afford 500$ hotel rooms for 3-4 nights, plus airfare

I understand that Trump is a billionaire because his name brand is worth a lot of money but once he ruins his reputation with this election won't that lead to his financial ruin because the arbitrary value of his name will plummet?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

Hotels are absurdly expensive and all delegates should be able to fulfill what they were elected to do. Or do we only want rich people who can afford 500$ hotel rooms for 3-4 nights, plus airfare

I thought he had like 9 million dollars left.

fauxtrot

Banned

Doesn't he still have millions left over from the campaign? I don't see why he needs to ask for more money if that's the case.

Ophelion

I understand that Trump is a billionaire because his name brand is worth a lot of money but once he ruins his reputation with this election won't that lead to his financial ruin because the arbitrary value of his name will plummet?

The side benefit of potentially making the Trump brand effectively worthless is just icing on the cake of this political season.

No more delegates at all.

Complete and total direct democracy. "But won't turnout be highly dependent on when the election happens?" Exactly, so make them happen on the same day.

All the other stuff that happens at the convention, like platform decisions, are irrelevant because the nominee will always follow their own platform. Like, duh.

And then there will be no more hemming and hawing about the South. It's just a raw number of democrats in the country and territories.

Is it legal for a candidate to pay for people to go the convention for him/her? I don't know, but it seems off to me.

Also, idk how, but my mom just got a call from the Portman campaign. It came on our home phone (which is unlisted and used only for business) and it's in my name, not hers.

Woman on the line: Something about supporting Portman.
Mom: No. No .I'm supporting Strickland.
Woman: rambling on about why Strickland is terrible.
Mom: Dear, that may very well all be true. Strickland might be a fuck head. But he's a Democratic fuck head, so he has my vote.
Woman: : something about getting off the phone :
Mom: You have a nice evening too, dear.

Emarv

I think that depends on where he was financially before he started, where he is now and what he does this fall to possibly increase his brand with his demographic.

His name brand estimate is most likely bullshit, but does now becoming a presidential candidate and one of the most famous figures in global politics increase his name worth? I imagine to him it does.

He's hesitant to use his own liquid money for probably the fears you stated, and because elections are personal money pits. He's a scam artist. He knows not to put in his own money, especially since he knows he could lose.

Increase your notoriety, assert your influence and then cash out. The rest of the world now are fully aware of his con, including all of the 1%, but there will still be 30-40% of the electorate that he can still sucker afterwards, I think.

@realDonaldTrump 1m1 minute ago
We must do everything possible to keep this horrible terrorism outside the United States.

Doesn't want to stop terrorism, just keep it "away from here"

He sounds like the racist uncle everyone has where they say "let themselves blow each other up"

Teggy

Is it legal for a candidate to pay for people to go the convention for him/her? I don't know, but it seems off to me.

Also, idk how, but my mom just got a call from the Portman campaign. It came on our home phone (which is unlisted and used only for business) and it's in my name, not hers.

Woman on the line: Something about supporting Portman.
Mom: No. No .I'm supporting Strickland.
Woman: rambling on about why Strickland is terrible.
Mom: Dear, that may very well all be true. Strickland might be a fuck head. But he's a Democratic fuck head, so he has my vote.
Woman: : something about getting off the phone :
Mom: You have a nice evening too, dear.

I fully expect to find out at some point that Adam's mom is some kind of Norman Bates alternate personality.

Ophelion

No more delegates at all.

Complete and total direct democracy. "But won't turnout be highly dependent on when the election happens?" Exactly, so make them happen on the same day.

All the other stuff that happens at the convention, like platform decisions, are irrelevant because the nominee will always follow their own platform. Like, duh.

And then there will be no more hemming and hawing about the South. It's just a raw number of democrats in the country and territories.

Is it terrible of me to say that after Brexit, my stomach for moving America toward any kind of direct democracy has reduced significantly?

he has loans and refunds and has to pay staff.

Does he? I thought that old politico article said he wanted to make sure he didn't have debt

He demanded that the campaign bank account never go under $10 million, even when that’s meant decisions Weaver and campaign architect Tad Devine have protested -- like making the call in the final days before Kentucky to go with digital director Kenneth Pennington’s plan to focus on data and field, instead of $300,000 to match Clinton on TV.

Is it terrible of me to say that after Brexit, my stomach for moving America toward any kind of direct democracy has reduced significantly?
Yes. No one is surprised by Brexit because the country has been racist and conservative for over 6 years at least.

Democracy is good.

Um, you know you can split a room out of town with another delegate and take the bus/train in for less than $100 a day total?

Drakeon

Yes. No one is surprised by Brexit because the country has been racist and conservative for over 6 years at least.

Democracy is good.

Direct democracy is bad, see: California. Prop 8 (ban gay marriage), Prop 13 (starve local governments from property tax money, still affecting us to date).

Sagroth

Oh lord...

I know this reason from Bernie is b.s. because my spouse was/is a backup delegate for Bernie and asked if there was money to help delegates fly out and was told no.

(We're both voting Hillary in the fall but are really hoping Warren is VP)

Hillary updated her jobs/education plan with a new policy.

Anyone who starts a business can have their student loans deferred with 0 interest for 3 years while they try to get their business off the ground. Pretty interesting idea, really.

Ophelion

Direct democracy is for suckers.

Increasingly my opinion as well. I once had a vision of a future with a huge amount of direct democracy via the internet where people could vote for things on the cell phones as easily as they can take a "which Game of Thrones House are you from?" quiz (House Tyrell btw.) Now, I realize how easily that could lead to insanity and ruin. No average citizen could ever hope to be well informed enough about a lot of this stuff to make well-reasoned decisions. It would always boil down to emotional knee-jerks and shitty groupthink.

Emarv

Speaking of the faults of direct democracy and insurgent candidates with no hope of winning, has anybody asked Sanjaya from American Idol what he thinks of Trump?

Get on that, Buzzfeed.

Teggy

lololololololol

Donald J. Trump &#8207;@realDonaldTrump · 2h2 hours ago

"@arnold_ziffel: @AnnCoulter also can't help but notice the stock market's reaction as @realDonaldTrump was speaking. #UPUPUP"

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So the Vengeful Ghost of Vince Foster is a lock as Trump's VP pick at this point right?

Emarv

CmEOR7OUkAA17vT.jpg

Indict Crooked Hilary! P.S. give a billionare money
The problem with this email is it should incentivize crueler punishment with higher donation. Like Kickstarter rewards!

Donate $5 to Indict.
Donate $20 to have a pie thrown at her face and Indict.
Donate $50 to have a parade where we all yell Liar, have a pie thrown at her face and Indict!

That's business 101, Trump.

Hillary updated her jobs/education plan with a new policy.

Anyone who starts a business can have their student loans deferred with 0 interest for 3 years while they try to get their business off the ground. Pretty interesting idea, really.

what kind of business, though

do i get mine deferred if i start up a poutinerie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom