• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
My father is trying to tell me "Trump just gave a really good speech" and he "wasn't at all ridiculous."

I am assuming my father, as always, is extremely wrong?

I mean, not to hate on your dad, but that was another Trump dumpster fire. He said he's going to single handedly repeal NAFTA. He's going to win more than 33% of the Latino vote. Obama doesn't like black youth. He used the phrase "walking heads"

I mean, not to hate on your dad, but that was another Trump dumpster fire. He said he's going to single handedly repeal NAFTA. He's going to win more than 33% of the Latino vote. Obama doesn't like black youth. He used the phrase "walking heads"

No, no, no, please, hate on my dad. He is a political imbecile and family means nothing to me.

No, no, no, please, hate on my dad. He is a political imbecile and family means nothing to me.

Oh, okay, well in that case, here's a good summation of Trump's speech

tumblr_inline_noxxjz59Qq1qbrcge_500.gif

Sibylus

Banned
We have captured Obama. We are submitting our terms for the North American Superstate now. Article 1 is naming conventions ("Americanada", "Canamerica", "Amexicanada", etc).

PARTY LIKE IT'S 1759

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
In an essentially 1x1 matchup with over 4 months to go it's almost impossible to have a chance much less than 20%. If HRC can just hold her lead, Trumps percent will steadily go down.

Said it before, but regardless of polls, and especially after Brexit, I am going to be worried about Trump winning until election day.

Until I see the GOP going into full scale "abandon ship" mode, and pretty forcefully dump Trump in order to try and save their control of Congress, it will probably stay that way.

In an essentially 1x1 matchup with over 4 months to go it's almost impossible to have a chance much less than 20%. If HRC can just hold her lead, Trumps percent will steadily go down.

Yeah I am pretty sure getting any higher than 80 would be difficult, as there is a time favor to the model which accounts for 'whatever' happening between now and then. If this was day before election the number would be like 95.

bananas

Banned
Because there are a lot of white people in Pennsylvania. It and Ohio are his best chances. Doesn't mean they're great but he has a shot. Just like there's a chance a lion will eat me for breakfast. It's not completely likely, but within the realm of possible.

* I was originally going to say bear, but then I realized that might work for me...

1/5 of Donald Trump's supporters don't think he's qualified to be president...

jzc9UkS.gif

pigeon

Banned
My father is trying to tell me "Trump just gave a really good speech" and he "wasn't at all ridiculous."

I am assuming my father, as always, is extremely wrong?

I think when your argument position is "he wasn't at all ridiculous" you already know that things aren't going well for you.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I always enjoy Republicans fumbling over themselves trying to say Trump is bad because he's actually just a dirty liberal.

Yeah, guys. That's the reason.

Vahagn

Trump supporters think being a business owner is the only qualification needed to be president.

Actually, that's most republicans.

"Hillary's not qualified, how many jobs has she created" is a very real thing among their ilk

And the link to that poll.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...9-percent-say-hot-headed-describes-trump.html

it's cool, guys. trump is ok. this is fine.
In the matchup, Clinton is the choice among blacks (87-3 percent), women (51-32 percent), voters under age 45 (45-35 percent), and those earning less than $50,000 annually (52-30 percent).

lol

Most voters feel Trump is “hot-headed” (89 percent) and “obnoxious” (83 percent), while far fewer say those apply to Clinton (35 percent “hot-headed” and 45 percent “obnoxious”).

lolz

The contest for the Congress looks similar to the presidential race. When voters are asked to choose between the Democratic and Republican candidates in their district, Democrats are up by five points, 46-41 percent.

LOLZ

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Semi-serious question that got brought up while playing cornhole at a bar the other day: do you think the GOP leadership has ever seriously discussed just having Trump assassinated? That seems like their best chance of winning, even if I don't think they'd ever actually do it. But I wouldn't be surprised if the conversation came up in private.

Teggy

Semi-serious question that got brought up while playing cornhole at a bar the other day: do you think the GOP leadership has ever seriously discussed just having Trump assassinated? That seems like their best chance of winning, even if I don't think they'd ever actually do it. But I wouldn't be surprised if the conversation came up in private.

Yes, and the moon landing was faked.

Naw, the GOP isn't LBJ. Kidding, kidding!

I doubt it, but I think a lot of them go to bed at night and pray a giant bird mistakes his hair for a vole and snatches him.

Edit: Bernard's support in that poll is down to 37%. LOLOLOL. Bye BIrdie.

Obama is giving a pretty damn good speech in Canada right now

He's going in on Bernies anti globalization rhetoric right now.

Basically said that he understands how some liberals want to wall ourselves off but restricting trade in this economy will not work. We need to strengthen the economy for everyone.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Obama is giving a pretty damn good speech in Canada right now

He's going in on Bernies anti globalization rhetoric right now

Basically said that restricting trade in this economy will not work. We need to strengthen the economy for everyone.
Obama's comment on Brexit is "Ohhhhhh.......... How is this going to work?"

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yes, and the moon landing was faked.

I'm not saying that they ever had a plan or anything, I'm just wondering whether the topic ever came up while they were commiserating over a bowl of Bailey's and Honey Nut Cheerio's.

Angry Grimace

How can anyone listen to Trump and think he's qualified to be president? He sounded completely nuts on that podium.

The kind of person who thinks that they themselves are qualified for president are the people voting for him.

Maledict

This is what I predicted would happen some time back.

Exactly the same happened to Clinton in 2008. Thanks to the weirdness of the senate, it doesn't matter how big a movement you led, or how successful your campaign was. It means *nothing* in the Senate. Clinton wanted a healthcare panel or something - but Kennedy had seniority so she got nothing. It was one of the reasons she took the SoS job - in the senate she was just back to being the junior senator from New York.

Bernie won't get anything formal from this primary campaign that he wasn't already lined up for.

Teggy

I'd imagine her numbers for "Would Rather Have As Republican Nominee" would be in the single digits.

<rimshot>

There's a car sales "magnate" in MA (Ernie Boch Jr.) that has been spearheading Trump fundraisers, including one tonight. I'm kind of curious how or if it will affect his business. I am due to buy a car in the next 6 mos. and I know I won't be using his dealerships, even though I bought my last Toyota at one.

Actually, I'm afraid to ask what Hillary's numbers are for the same question

Among Dems, it's 58/37, and they specifically named Sanders as opposed to just "someone else."

Some other polls from today:

Florida from Bay News 9/SUSA
Queen 46
Little Hands 42

North Carolina from Civitas (which is a GOP pollster)
Queen 42
Little Hands 40

New Hampshire from ARG
Queen 47
Little Hands 40

Also, Senate matchups

Florida from Bay News 9/SUSA

Little Marco 43
Made up Murphy 43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom