• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iolo

That ballotpedia poll for swing states has Hillary crushing the Donald, but when he's replaced with Paul Ryan and John Kasich, Hillary ties and loses respectively. How much do you think this is going to effect the RNC from kicking Trump out of the nomination at the convention?

Just about as much as Sanders vs Trump polls will affect Hillary's chances, imo.

Slayven

http://wonkette.com/603542/mississippi-rep-real-sorry-he-told-mom-of-sick-kid-to-get-off-her-lazy-taker-ass

ImoYSC7.jpg

More republican fuckery at the link
They need to get his ass up out of there

gcubed

God that headline is kinda gross.

It makes it sound like Murray is blocking Sanders. She's not, she's next in line if they re-take the Senate, she's earned it, and he just wants it because he's Bernie fucking Sanders and no one should ever say no to him.

Who gives a shit if she's a Clinton ally.

“I don’t know,” she said, noting the Appropriations Committee is not the power it once was. “Nothing gets done.”

Seems like a perfect place for Bernie

Seems like a perfect place for Bernie

Hah!

Meh I'd just keep Sanders out of leadership positions entirely, but definitely would keep him away from the Health committee.

I love the insinuation that Murray should just step aside. Nothing says progressive like an old white guy asking/expecting a woman step aside so he can have her job.

Wilsongt

Lol @ Fox

"obama should be talking about terrorismand defeating ISIS, not climate change!"

Also, Fox News pushing the FBI investigation.

I can't even.

Fox should hire Haha, good, man. They both hate Killary.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
So I went out for a walk today and on the way back this guy passed me a flyer about the Real Communist Party of Moscow [Idaho] doing a radio debate with someone from the Traditional Workers Party. He clarified to me that he was a real Communist and that Trump would be discussed. I'm trying to decide if college communist arguing with an actual Neo Nazi is good entertainment.
That brings me back to the good old days when the Neo Nazi dudes would hand out pamphlets on Sherman Avenue in Coeur d'Alene. I was always proud when the the number of people protesting their parades outnumbered them exponentially. Bunch of bastards.

God that headline is kinda gross.

It makes it sound like Murray is blocking Sanders. She's not, she's next in line if they re-take the Senate, she's earned it, and he just wants it because he's Bernie fucking Sanders and no one should ever say no to him.

Who gives a shit if she's a Clinton ally.

The Hill has been a steady source for the outraged Bernie people on my fb feed.

Iolo

At a campaign rally Wednesday in Bangor, Maine, Trump suggested that he does not need to haul in much cash to help himself.

“First of all, I don’t even know why I need so much money,” he said. “You know, I go around, I make speeches. I talk to reporters. I don’t even need commercials, if you want to know the truth. Why do I need these commercials?”

Bill Kenobi: You don't need any commercials.
Trump: I don't need any commercials.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...66a1e2-3e0a-11e6-80bc-d06711fd2125_story.html

Diablos

So I watched Ana Kasparian's Politcon 2016 panel. People walked out on Paul Begala and whatnot. Really, really poor crowd.

Not sure how these people will ever be able to get their heads out of their asses by the fall. I can't believe I was able to sit through all of this.

Ugh, I hate and love canvassing at the same time.

I'm so tired tho, I hate the G train too

I'm working a voter registration table this weekend. I'm trying to talk the guy I'm semi-dating to go with me. He's never volunteered before, but he kinda wants to.
So I watched Ana Kasparian's Politcon 2016 panel. People walked out on Paul Begala and whatnot. Really, really poor crowd.

Not sure how these people will ever be able to get their heads out of their asses by the fall. I can't believe I was able to sit through all of this.

OMG. Hal Sparks. <3

johnsmith

remember me

I clicked on a random spot on that video and the first word I heard was "establishment". I closed the tab after that.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery

Are there any Republicans on the panel?

Come on as strong as you want, all you've got to lose is nothing.

EDIT: WOOOOOOO TOP OF THE PAGE

True enough, just with what I went through with my ex-Berniebro kinda a bit gun shy. Having said that, I cooked him dinner last night.
And breakfast this morning. And lunch for him to take to work...

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Why do people on Gaming Side think that developers listening to feedback for unreleased games is bad now.

If they do that, then they will put things like Black Materia in Game of Thrones, and we don't want that!

Y'know, how some people like to float around the idea of Hillary appointing Obama to the Supreme Court to really get under the Trumpers and the R's skins?

Well, an idea I've had for a while, but especially after watching Obama's speech today and the reception to it, is what if Hillary appointed Obama as her Secretary of State? I know that's not the way things work and there's absolutely no precedent for it (I think), what with SoS being a step-down from the Presidency and all and that making things kind of weird, but that would just be the most amazing thing in the world to me, much better than him being in the SCOTUS. I just can't imagine a better fit than him. Plus, something about the idea of them flipping roles and having both served as each other's SoS and been POTUS is just amazing to me.

I know that it's a non-starter, is the type of thing that would never happen in a thousand years, but I can dream. Hillary's going to be amazing, no doubt, but Obama's definitely going to be missed. What a great President. <3

Toxi

Banned
That ballotpedia poll for swing states has Hillary crushing the Donald, but when he's replaced with Paul Ryan and John Kasich, Hillary ties and loses respectively. How much do you think this is going to effect the RNC from kicking Trump out of the nomination at the convention?
They won't, because the RNC isn't that stupid.

Kasich beating Clinton is an example of how laughable hypothetical candidate polls are.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Y'know, how some people like to float around the idea of Hillary appointing Obama to the Supreme Court to really get under the Trumpers and the R's skins?

Well, an idea I've had for a while, but especially after watching Obama's speech today and the reception to it, is what if Hillary appointed Obama as her Secretary of State? I know that's not the way things work and there's absolutely no precedent for it (I think), what with SoS being a step-down from the Presidency and all and that making things kind of weird, but that would just be the most amazing thing in the world to me, much better than him being in the SCOTUS. I just can't imagine a better fit than him. Plus, something about the idea of them flipping roles and having both served as each other's SoS and been POTUS is just amazing to me.

I know that it's a non-starter, is the type of thing that would never happen in a thousand years, but I can dream. Hillary's going to be amazing, no doubt, but Obama's definitely going to be missed.

I don't know if he would take it. However he may be able to; the Secretary of the Interior is not a natural born citizen, so it's possible. Besides, the SoS is 4th in line. If shit were to go down to get to that point, I don't know how much people would care if Obama became president again. But I think current precedence is to skip and go to the next person in line which would be Secretary of the Treasury.

Link

The Autumn Wind
True enough, just with what I went through with my ex-Berniebro kinda a bit gun shy. Having said that, I cooked him dinner last night.
And breakfast this morning. And lunch for him to take to work...
Is that because he refuses to admit the relationship is over, and promises to make your current relationship messy if you don't agree to his concessions?

Bill Kenobi: You don't need any commercials.
Trump: I don't need any commercials.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...66a1e2-3e0a-11e6-80bc-d06711fd2125_story.html

Don't know about that. Based on the polls in swing states her ad buying seems to be working. His speeches aren't doing shit and probably the opposite of helping. It might actually slightly prevent him from 'pivoting'. The only really way he gets airtime is if he says something crazy and nobody is going to report every single speech and report everything he said, especially when Hillary and her surrogates is going to do their own thing themselves.

Here's a link,

https://youtu.be/b9bn0Q3DGoQ

I feel like in a lot of ways this was Obama unfettered. Free to speak as he truly feels. It's a reminder of how lucky we've been to have Bams as POTUS these past eight years.

This is a great speech. It's a really comprehensive take on current events and does an excellent job connecting globalism / isolationism / economic inequality / diversity / terrorism / Trumpism / brexit / etc. into a single narrative. He should give this speech to Americans!

Teggy

Trump told O'Reilly he has specific plans but he doesn't want to divulge them on tv because he has a pretty good chance of becoming president.

And he is wringing that Quinn poll for all its worth. 33% with Hispanics!

Also, paraphrasing: "What do you mean I'm not doing well with women? I have these huge rallies and they are at least half women."

Geg

Trump told O'Reilly he has specific plans but he doesn't want to divulge them on tv because he has a pretty good chance of becoming president.

I'm having flashbacks to 2012 now where Romney's platform was basically "I have a plan for the economy but I'm not going to tell you what it is. Elect me"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom