• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trouble

Banned
Wow. If true.
https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/741991805055553540

This might be able to explain trump's actions recently.

Trump attacking Martinez was a clear sign that he either has zero political savvy or actually just wants to lose. The one person in the entire world who could actually help him mend bridges with latino Republicans and he publicly attacks her.

I actually think he just doesn't think about these things and won't listen to anyone who actually understands how politics work. He has skated through his whole life 'winning' by doing whatever he wants, why would he think this will be any different?

CkxoHb0WYAACzDM.jpg

I needed a laugh today.

Thanks. On a day like today it's nice to have something that can bring a smile to my face.

Unfortunately I'll be too busy to be there to hear Beavis and Butt-Head's insights. When is it again?

He just wanted the attention, he never thought it would get this far. I don't think he's consciously trying to lose, but he's certainly not trying to actively overcome either.

gaugebozo

If he didn't want to get this far, he could have done any number of things to make him less popular with his supporters. Instead, he's doing the same shit he has been from day one.

Valhelm

contribute something
He just wanted the attention, he never thought it would get this far. I don't think he's consciously trying to lose, but he's certainly not trying to actively overcome either.

Yeah, I kind of agree. Trump losing with honor probably endears him further in the eyes of most of their supporters. Defending America was a lost cause, and he only lost because Crooked Clinton rigged the election or whatever.

Should Trump become president, he'll actually have to deliver on his promises, and appeal to a much, much larger group of people.

So, the good news is that we're getting 3-5 days without heavy campaigning. The bad news is that the news will instead be plastered wall-to-wall with stories about an awful mass shooting. Legitimately hopeful that some gun control specifics will make it onto the official DNC platform now, at least.

When the escape road is even more dangerous than the track I have no idea what to think. Oh, and fuck Trump today.

I don't think Trump ever really wanted it. Once he got in, his ego got in the way and he didn't want to lose, but I dont think he wanted to win. I don't think he wants out, now. He's just totally fucked. He doesn't want to spend the money. He doesn't want to do the hard work of campaigning. He's just a big mistake.

Diablos

Not sure what's more offensive, Donald Trump's comments today or the EA press conf. Trump's words are certainly more hurtful so I guess he wins.

Sianos

Trump probably took it one step too far:

Bu-but he needs to say that specific phrase because of reasons I can't articulate! Even if he repeatedly condemns ISIS and declares our opposition to their barbarism, he needs to generalize all Muslims because of unspecified reasons!

This is one of my litmus tests for critical thinking and an understanding of language constructs - and just general withitness.

royalan

I understand the event with Obama being cancelled. The sitting President campaigning at a time like this would be horrible optics.

But I don't know if it's wise for Hillary to have a low profile next week. Especially now that Trump is about to ramp up and milk the shit out of this tragedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom