• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

So Trump linked to some Washington Post (ha!) story about Hillary's emails still being an issue but I am out of free articles. Can anyone summarize if it is anything?

Bowdz

YAAAAS!

Y'all are welcome to join OrangeGrayBlue and I on the Perez train. CHOO CHOO, MOTHERFUCKER!

I hopped on today bro. Perez still checks all the right boxes: liberal cred? Check. Labor cred? Check. Hispanic? Check. Won't upstage the top of the ticket? Check. Speaks Spanish? Check. Allows Warren to remain in the Senate? Check.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
So Trump linked to some Washington Post (ha!) story about Hillary's emails still being an issue but I am out of free articles. Can anyone summarize if it is anything?

Assuming you don't have the spare cash to support some of the last bastions of actual journalism:

Right click link open in incognito/private window

teiresias

CNN going all in on this Bill Clinton & AG meeting. I swear both of them should have two brain cells in their head and have known better.

Teggy

(((Harry Enten))) ‏@ForecasterEnten 8m8 minutes ago
Three polls this month in Florida give Clinton a double-digit lead. Obama never had any poll that gave him a double-digit lead in FL in 2012

It's like anti-anxiety pills in text form.

Ohio is concerning. I need Ohio to be at 2 points in favor to be at ease.

I've just accepted a Portman win is going to happen. Seriously Florida makes this race pretty much over. It's now just a matter of what margins can she use to get other people elected

Trump can win Ohio and Penn and still not come close. Actually it's What I expect to happen in 2020.

The grift continues:

When Donald Trump said last Thursday he was forgiving over $45 million in personal loans he made to his campaign, the announcement drew plenty of coverage. Many even reported Trump's statement as if the deal was done.

But it's not.

A week later, NBC News has learned the FEC has posted no record of Trump converting his loans to donations. The Trump Campaign has also declined requests to share the legal paperwork required to execute the transaction, though they suggest it has been submitted.

Last week, campaign spokesperson Hope Hicks said Trump was submitting formal paperwork forgiving the loan on Thursday, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Reached by NBC this week, she said the paperwork "will be filed with the next regularly scheduled FEC report," and declined to provide any documentation.

The delay could matter, because until Trump formally forgives the loans, he maintains the legal option to use new donations to reimburse himself. (He can do so until August, under federal law.)

Anyone who donates to Trump's campaign this month probably falls for Nigerian email scams.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/201...ve-loans-campaign-trump-won-t-release-n601596

thcsquad

Sounds like Joe Kennedy wants it so no one's going to even try and get in his way.

Kennedy needs to wait until his balls drop. It's Ayanna Pressley's turn!

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/blog/2016/06/29/donald-trump-boston-fundraiser-protest/

Maybe not, because other than that she hasn't been trying to get in the news as hard as Joe (and he would be a fine Senator I'm sure). But if ya'll want the first black woman President to get one step closer, get on the Pressley train now.

Holmes

NeoXChaos change my VP vote to Warren.

Rasmussen continues to be garbage. There's a reason I generally exclude them from the aggregate. They show wild swings for no discernible reason other than to hock shitty narratives. I remember once in 2012 they showed a 17-point swing in the Wisconsin Senate race in a week.

johnsmith

remember me
This really sounds familiar

I go to Ohio, we were there two days ago, and Pennsylvania and near Pittsburgh and we – I was in West Virginia, the crowds are massive. And you know, I walked out of one, and I said, ‘I don’t see how I’m not leading,'" Trump said, invoking the size of his crowds.
"We have thousands of people standing outside trying to get in, and they’re great people and they have such spirit for the country and love for the country, and I’m saying, you know, ‘Why am I not doing better in the polls?’

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/trump-polls-performance-224982#ixzz4D54g2rLz

ampere

Analytics and data are for dumb nerds who like math. Real politicians do rough head count estimates at rallies

The best rallies. The best head counting. Mess

290706.jpg

What is the deadline for getting the MA seat on the fall ballot?

If it's before the DNC Convention and the pick is Warren, I fully expect them to announce either during the GOP Convention or the morning after depending on how big a shit show it is. If the event is as amazingly awful as it could be, they may announce during it to shit all over the forced coverage of b-grade carnie chaos.

What is the deadline for getting the MA seat on the fall ballot?

If it's before the DNC Convention and the pick is Warren, I fully expect them to announce either during the GOP Convention or the morning after depending on how big a shit show it is. If the event is as amazingly awful as it could be, they may announce during it to shit all over the forced coverage of b-grade carnie chaos.

I think the plan is Warren to resign the day after winning the election, then they hold a special election and seat her replacement in February. There wouldn't be an election for her seat on November 8th.

thefro

I think the plan is Warren to resign the day after winning the election, then they hold a special election and seat her replacement in February. There wouldn't be an election for her seat on November 8th.

Isn't it something where she can announce she's going to resign and not actually resign the seat until inauguration day and it still triggers the time limit for a special election?

i'm pretty sure the deadline for november 8 has already passed

Bah.

I still like the idea of announcing around the GOP convention. Will take Trump off any focused message they can assemble to attack Clinton that is within his ability to cohesively articulate for more than 20 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom