• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoXChaos

Warren has only been in the Senate for 3.5 years. She's a worse Dan Quayle pick and he had more Senate experience than her at 7 and a previous 4 in the House.

Donald Trump certainly could open factories in America and have his clothing line manufactured here. And Hillary Clinton certainly could send additional money to the IRS above and beyond what she owes. Why is one an example of hypocrisy and the other a false comparison? Because Trump uses incendiary language like "rape" and Hillary is more measured in her comments about how the extremely wealthy aren't taxed enough? They're either both hypocritical in some sense or neither is. I don't find either particularly compelling as an angle of attack, mind you; I think that someone can take advantage of policy and still argue that policy should be changed (the famous example of Warren Buffett paying a lower effective tax rate than his secretary, for example). The policy is what's important, not whether someone voluntarily does something they're not legally required to under the current set of rules.
Well, to use the language of the right-wing, one is a voluntary action and the other is taken at the point of a gun. Trump chooses to sell his name to foreign sweatshops, but Hillary's taxes are demanded by the government under threat of violence. Why would anyone pay more than what the thief asks?

Hillary is going to give a speech in Atlantic City next week. Trump's got her shook about NJ.

I know your joking but she's likely gonna talk about the Trump Taj Majal strike. Though Trump doesn't own it any more. Ichan does (who trump has sad he wants as treasury secretary)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Obama had years of experience as a state legislature prior to the U.S Senate. Warren has nothing prior to being elected to the Senate aside form that Bureau job by Obama.

Yeah and Trump has 0 years of anything and his running mate Vince McMahon will also have 0 years of anything

Y2Kev

And it is all irrelevant because Hillary is going to jail tomorrow and her campaign is out of cash.

Iolo

Obama had years of experience as a state legislature prior to the U.S Senate. Warren has nothing prior to being elected to the Senate aside form that Bureau job by Obama.

There are worse tickets to emulate.

Wikipedia said:
The Bush/Quayle ticket won the November election with a 53–46 percent margin by sweeping 40 states and capturing 426 electoral votes.

I know the odds are low

but it is pretty scary knowing that we could be one indictment away from Trump being president if Clinton backs out, dems put Joe up instead of Sanders and we have a revolt in the voting

NeoXChaos

I know the odds are low

but it is pretty scary knowing that we could be one indictment away from Trump being president if Clinton backs out, dems put Joe up instead of Sanders and we have a revolt in the voting

what would she be charged with? No one has an answer for that in the entirety of the investigation.

Iolo

Former Vice President Dan Quayle says he's happy President George H.W. Bush chose him as his running mate in 1988 rather than the current GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump, but he admits Trump is currently "the man to beat."

Trump has been "interested in office for a long time," Quayle said Sunday on "The Cats Roundtable" on AM 970 in New York. "Way back in 1988 he let my boss, George H.W. Bush, know that he would be interested in being vice president."
But, Quayle told host John Catsimatidis, "I'm glad he didn't select Donald Trump, and I'm glad he selected me."

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/quayle-trump-vice-president-pick/2015/12/06/id/704772/

Y2Kev

I remember when we thought this would be done by may. I really am impressed at how long this has dragged on.

Get Steve Harvey

"the vice president is.... Elizabeth Warren!"

42-80852726.jpg

"I'm sorry, I've made a mistake, the actual vice president is... Tim Kaine"

Hillary bit her lip. She could feel thousands of eyes locked in their direction, but her own were locked on Warren.

"The crowds are hungry for it," Warren whispered, "Officially declare it with a statement, right now. Let's give them what they want."

"No," Hillary said, defiantly looking away now, and with the voice of a commanding goddess, boldly declared into the mike, "I will declare it with a kiss."

Hillary and Bill got a divorce and lived happily ever after. The end.

Hillary bit her lip. She could feel thousands of eyes locked in their direction, but her own were locked on Warren.

"The crowds are hungry for it," Warren whispered, "Officially declare it with a statement, right now. Let's give them what they want."

"No," Hillary said, defiantly looking away now, and with the voice of a commanding goddess, boldly declared into the mike, "I will declare it with a kiss."

Hillary and Bill got a divorce and lived happily ever after. The end.

Decent, but we need Huma barging in with binders full of deleted emails screaming "I went to jail for you, but you picked....Pocahontas over me?"

There's probably a reason why the media almost exclusively talks to political pundits about the e-mail story rather than legal experts that have any kind of credibility on the line.

Loretta Lynch says she wishes she knew where the lock on the plane was ������

Haha funny.

Bill gonna Bill.

Incredibly dumb. It's not just bad optics. Bill Clinton knew what he was doing. He was trying to shmooze her and remind her of the personal relationship they have. No overt deal making needed to be made for it to be improper and unethical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom