• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Ugh...you guys see the Daily Show? Noah absolutely shredded Hillary for being a no good dirty liar (going so far as to call her "Grandma Nixon"), and basically made the case that she would be equally as horrible a president as Trump.

Dude really needs to stfu.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Ugh...you guys see the Daily Show? Noah absolutely shredded Hillary for being a no good dirty liar (going so far as to call her "Grandma Nixon"), and basically made the case that she would be equally as horrible a president as Trump.

It's incredibly frustrating that so many are making conclusions without knowing the facts of the case, only the obviously political and partisan statement by the FBI.

We don't know the details behind the classification status of the emails. It's entirely possible that she never sent any classified information, as classified by the State Department.

Noah is hot garbage. Samantha Bee should have gotten that job.

Holmes

Well their main demographic is young white males and their ratings have taken a hit over time so he's gotta pander somehow.

User1608

Banned
I should have realized this too and shame on me, but a Trump win would not only embolden the average racist, it would also empower racist cops even further.

Terrifying. He cannot and will not win.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

The Daily Show is a dumpster fire.

studyguy

Diablosing about the Daily Show? Come on now.

Also can't believe Donny is still rolling that Star of David defense. Good lord that man can't shut his trap to save his life.

Reading this while listening to Liquid Swords is a religious experience:

With a gentle squeeze of her wrist, the Senator relinquished control of Hillary’s hand. As she pulled her arm back across the table, it seemed to draw with it all the weighty introspection of the past hour, and Hillary couldn’t remember the last time she had felt this... light.

She rose.

Senator Warren mirrored her, brushing down the sides of her slacks as she stood in a quick, nervous motion that reminded Hillary of her high school beau wiping sweaty palms on his tux before holding hands with her in the driveway as they left for the dance.

But Elizabeth Warren’s hands were steady, cool, and dry.

“Well, I’m sure I’ve taken up more than my share of your time today.”

Hillary shook her head. “Not at all. Still, I’m sure the press are waiting to ambush you, and who am I to deprive them of the three-minute frenzy between my door and your car.”

The resulting laugh startled Hillary, once again, with that same eerie sincerity that had yet to abandon Warren’s smile. A half-breath of her own laughter snuck out in sympathy.

They walked to the door in an easy silence. Before she opened it, Hillary extended her hand. “I’m so glad we had this conversation, Senator. Your support… is incredibly valuable to this campaign.”

And , she admitted only in the safety of her own thoughts, suddenly... important to me.

“Thank you for having me...”

Hillary found herself locked in a comfortably firm handshake, trapped by the fierce, hopeful look in the Senator’s eyes.

“...and please. Call me Elizabeth.”

http://archiveofourown.org/works/7388197/chapters/16782109

This is just so heart-breaking for some reason:

JEB
I just don’t know where to go from
here, Mr. Fluffles. I was supposed
to have this race in the bag. What
exactly do people do once they lose
the candidacy?

MR. FLUFFLES doesn’t seem to respond or even particularly
care, and continues to lick his paw.

JEB
I know, you’re right. This isn’t
the end. I mean, Mitt is still
around isn’t he? He even had that
Netflix documentary and everything.

MR. FLUFFLES licks his butt.

JEB
You’re so wise, Mr. Fluffles. I’m
glad I at least have you as my
friend.

JEB goes to pet the cat, but it hisses at him.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6673282

itschris

CNN: Orlando DNC meetings could lead to Clinton-Sanders joint event

Also on Sanders' wish list: A commitment on health care to allow those aged 55 and older to buy into Medicare, and concessions in the Democratic platform to oppose the Trans-Pacific Partnership, a 12-country trade deal negotiated by President Barack Obama's administration, even in a lame-duck session of Congress before a new president is sworn in.

If the Orlando meeting goes smoothly, people familiar with the talks say, Sanders and Clinton appear to be on track to a joint appearance in New Hampshire on Tuesday.

Plans for that joint appearance could still fall apart
, and patience is running thin among some -- with Sanders insistent on policy concessions and Clinton aides feeling he's lingered in the race too long after Clinton became the presumptive Democratic nominee.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So all the people on fox news are saying that gross negligence should be enough to prosecute her. But the FBI director clearly thinks it requires intent as well. I dont really know much about legal stuff but are they reading two different documents? How can two people look at the same thing and then say different things? Is there actually a passage saying that gross negligence alone is enough to prosecute someone?

It's maybe possible they could get a conviction on the letter of the law, but it sounds like precedence in cases like this always had some sort of intent to purposefully give that information to someone not classified, or it came bundled with other crimes like obstruction of justice.

That makes it unlikely the FBI would have thrown the book at her if she wasn't in that position, which is probably enough to say that she shouldn't have the book thrown at her in this position. Republicans on the other hand might argue that her position itself is worthy of an exception, because her potential for damage with that past negligence or future negligence is much higher than a normal person.

It's one of many, many situations where the law is way more subjective than we like to think.

It is funny after all the talk from the right about the justice department being too hard on Petraeus, his slap on the wrist gave some pretty good standing for Hillary to be let off scot free. It's hard to argue what Hillary did was anywhere close to what Petraeus did, and if he's going to get the lightest punishment possible, it only makes sense that Hillary doesn't get punished at all.

I loved this;

ZX3DpiN.jpg

Ah, yes. John Adams. The president so successful he only served 1 term and killed his entire party. Also the wrong "than". Trying to rebuff all these Bernie supporters idea that Hillary is some Satan incarnate is quite tiring...

Well their main demographic is young white males and their ratings have taken a hit over time so he's gotta pander somehow.
Lol young people in general are their audience and young people (whether wrong or right) generally dislike Hillary, the bad as Trump thing is admittedly mainly a white thing though there is some crossover, but accusing Trevor of racial pandering is ridiculous.

mo60

I should have realized this too and shame on me, but a Trump win would not only embolden the average racist, it would also empower racist cops even further.

Terrifying. He cannot and will not win.

He doesn't need to win to empower racists. He's already doing that.His camapign rhetroic is empowering racists already.

Can they learn that elections, for rational people, aren't about who you like?

They shouldn't be, but for some reason people are short sighted. I have seen a ton of people who completely dismiss the relevance of Supreme Court Appointments. I'm basically willing to vote for Hillary for the sake of ensuring at worst, Moderates on the Supreme Court to replace people like Clarence Thomas and the late Antonin Scalia.

They shouldn't be, but for some reason people are short sighted. I have seen a ton of people who completely dismiss the relevance of Supreme Court Appointments. I'm basically willing to vote for Hillary for the sake of ensuring at worst, Moderates on the Supreme Court to replace people like Clarence Thomas and the late Antonin Scalia.

I spent an hour tonight with a 24-year-old who is still bragging that Bernie doesn't understand that Bernie's platform is far more important than how Bernie himself votes and that if enough people write in Bernie that a revolution will happen. That I don't understand how much his generation really likes Bernie and that they should have a viable candidate that they like.

And I'm not even kidding.

He did agree to listen to today's Fresh Air episode, but I doubt he does.

I spent an hour tonight with a 24-year-old who is still bragging that Bernie doesn't understand that Bernie's platform is far more important than how Bernie himself votes and that if enough people write in Bernie that a revolution will happen. That I don't understand how much his generation really likes Bernie and that they should have a viable candidate that they like.

And I'm not even kidding.

He did agree to listen to today's Fresh Air episode, but I doubt he does.

I don't doubt it at all. My FB feed has just been weeks of salty Bernie supporters posting meme's about how Hillary should not be eligible. Like, I support Senator Sanders, but he lost, move the fuck on. The simple fact is, opting out of speaking at the Convention is doing nothing to help him, in fact it hinders his message on arguably the largest stage he's had access to.

So far the only argument I've been approached with is that Hillary is making a mockery of our Justice System because if a "regular citizen" had done what she had they would have gotten thrown in jail. Which is insane because I don't think you can think of a scenario where a "regular citizen" would be in that situation. It's like some kind of desperate attempt to rationalize that people didn't support their guy. Why vote Democrat when you can make fun of Republicans while stealing THEIR TALKING POINTS...

California (Field Poll)

Queen 58
Trump 28

LOLOLOLOL

Among Latino voters, it's 74/11. And among people that completed the poll in Spanish? It was 91.3/0 (with 2 respondents being undecided...) LOLOLOLOL

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Mika Brzezinski is either a crazy person or she's playing a character, one of the two.

She's been corrupted by Joe's good lo....convincing argu....hair.

edit: Really though, my dumb roommate watches it and I actively go and shut it off now. It's just pure, unadulterated sewage flowing directly into your living room. To leave it on is gross negligence, which is why I suppose their ratings are so bad.

danm999

California (Field Poll)

Queen 58
Trump 28

LOLOLOLOL

Among Latino voters, it's 74/11. And among people that completed the poll in Spanish? It was 91.3/0 (with 2 respondents being undecided...) LOLOLOLOL

All that time and money Donald spent there. Sad!

Diablos

Trump fundraising up 1600%. Sheeeit

Also the white supremacy tweet story is losing steam. Gotta try to call out Trump over something else.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
She's been corrupted by Joe's good lo....convincing argu....hair.

edit: Really though, my dumb roommate watches it and I actively go and shut it off now. It's just pure, unadulterated sewage flowing directly into your living room. To leave it on is gross negligence, which is why I suppose their ratings are so bad.

The show has become insufferable. Too much halperin!

That mofo Joe does have nice hair though :/

Diablos

Clinton is having a hard time breaking +5. That's too close for comfort.

The thing about Trump is that even when he says stupid things, it gets covered constantly. Clinton messaging gets drowned out. That in and of itself is a bit infuriating. No one is even talking about her appearance with Obama anymore.

The thing about Trump is that even when he says stupid things, it gets covered constantly. Clinton messaging gets drowned out. That in and of itself is a bit infuriating. No one is even talking about her appearance with Obama anymore.

Or her emails too though, right?

Diablos

Or her emails too though, right?
Yeah that tends to overshadow her campaign. It's a huge problem. There's not enough enthusiasm out there for either campaign, and they're both so polarizing that I fear Trump has a much better chance to win than we ever imagined.

Plus I think there's a lot if people who are embarrassed to vote Trump and won't admit it, but will do so anyway.

Yeah that tends to overshadow her campaign. It's a huge problem. There's not enough enthusiasm out there for either campaign, and they're both so polarizing that I fear Trump has a much better chance to win than we ever imagined.

Plus I think there's a lot if people who are embarrassed to vote Trump and won't admit it, but will do so anyway.

Chill man, she will be fine.

Diablos

Holy shit, that guy in Minnesota was basically executed for doing nothing wrong. That cop should be in jail for the rest of his life. I'm fucking pissed.

bananas

Banned

xtc15Nu4ODSQE.gif

Amir0x

Banned
The "EmbarrasedToVoteTrumpButVotingTrumpInSecretAnyway" crowd is actually fairly significant. We're talking thousands, guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom