• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about that over the 4th. Like, fireworks and stuff are really, really bad for people with PTSD. :(

Here in Louisville there's an annual air show and fireworks display every year. Every year it upsets a lot of people in our refugee communities who fled war and who have PTSD.

Adam, very sorry for your loss.

I'm sorry to hear that, Adam.

With all the terrible news recently, stuff like this seems trivial, but this is still happening this weekend:

Washington Post: Democratic platform meeting kicks off in Orlando

Thanks. I don't think he's going to get the TPP concession he wants. There is no way we're going to spite the sitting Democratic President. It's just not going to happen.

Here in Louisville there's an annual air show and fireworks display every year. Every year it upsets a lot of people in our refugee communities who fled war and who have PTSD.

Adam, very sorry for your loss.

Thanks. I know it's not the same, but I used to volunteer with a group of autistic teens/adults, and the people who organized our outings ALWAYS wanted us to go to the 4th of July celebrations. My mom would try to explain, over and over, how that it was a bad idea. They'd never, ever listen.

Terrible to hear, Adam :(

There really should be some study of Democratic support among Hispanics and Asians with "darkness of skin color" as an independent variable. All Asians and Hispanics in America are at risk of discrimination, but some Hispanics and Asians are far whiter than others and may be more able to avoid discrimination.

My condolences, adam.

Meanwhile Donald "appreciate the congrats" Trump:

Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump
Isn't it sad that on a day of national tragedy Hillary Clinton is answering softball questions about her email lies on @CNN?

(He's watching CNN again).

Wilsongt

My condolences, adam.

Meanwhile Trump "appreciate the congrats":

(He's watching CNN again).

Oh for the love of all things fuck. I am so ready for him to go the fuck away, but you know even after his orange ass is handed to him be's still going to have diarreha of the mouth.

In other people who won't shut the fuck up, haha, delusion is now trying to bring the Clinton Foundation is as a scandal. The GOP needs to hire them as their official anti-Hillary twitter bot.

itschris

Some tweets from reporters at the Democratic platform meeting:

Peter Nicholas
‏@PeterWSJ

ORLANDO -- Platform Committee agenda says DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz would give welcoming remarks..
We're now past welcome -- no DWS.

Chris Megerian
‏@ChrisMegerian

Wow -- platform committee is taking a break shortly after getting started to work out differences. They won't reconvene until 8 p.m.

Peter Nicholas
‏@PeterWSJ

A hitch at Dem Platform meeting. Break in session for 3 hrs. Returning at 8 p.m. Gives Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders more time to deal.

daveweigel
‏@daveweigel

Asked Cornel West if he saw Obama's reactions to the shootings this week. "I thought it was weak."

Bernie Sanders has been invited to continue his underdog bid for the White House by the Green party’s probable presidential candidate, who has offered to step aside to let him run.

lol, good luck, Dr. Jill Stein.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/08/jill-stein-bernie-sanders-green-party?CMP=twt_gu

Also, over 4th of July weekend, Dr. Stein tweeted out praise for Wiesel... That she immediately deleted because of her lunatic supporters screaming at her.

This is a courageous politician.

I tried, but that bubble is very strong. His arguments were the following.

- Blacks have weak IQs because Africa has weak IQs. He's ignored the infrastructure and poverty problem. Strangely, he admitted free will doesn't exist, so he concluded systemic issues are at bay. Instead of it being known prior causes that we can debate about - society, culture, beliefs that drive what one may call the "bad" behavior one objects to, etc - he banked his argument that blacks are innately inferior. As someone who twerks to a Zen freakuency, you would imagine how much this claim surprised me and got me fumed.

- He argued blacks in America have inherently weak genes because of their IQs because of what they are in Africa, and thus are a problem. I brought up the fact if we're using genes and living as an example, the fact he is gay could be used to say "all gays are inherently bad because they do not normally reproduce with their desired sex." He admitted the absurdity there, that some can have children despite being gay, but didn't wish to admit that his paintbrushing of all blacks, had the same level of falsity. It was very much a "blacks is bad" objective claim, and good fuck, the alt-right is prone to doing this shit constantly with no evidence. Some of these homies seem to beyond hope, for it's just another game of ingroup vs outgroup, and of course ingroup has the "truth" and answers.

I can feel my blood cortisol spiking. I should just stay on Twitter retweeting Zen and RuPaul quotes and not try to speak to others.

He clearly wants to wallow in his bigotry, so rather than try and reason with him, do the following:

- Tell him that he only has the opinions he has because he is white and would never accept the fact that he is dealing with his own inferiority complex in comparison to other races.

- When he inevitably complains about you bringing up his race, simply respond by saying "What? I thought you hated political correctness? Or does that only apply to your white trash opinions?"

- Let him know, in no uncertain terms, that his bigoted ideology, while not dead yet, is dying, and he better learn to either get with the times or society will leave him behind.

- Also let him know, in no uncertain terms, that either way you don't care that much about how he chooses to deal with the death of his ideology and that you simply felt you should at least be merciful enough to let him know of the inevitable. Tell him you would hate to see his job security destroyed due to his dumb bigotry.

- Don't forget to bring up the fact that he especially better learn to cut the bigotry against minorities because white people are eventually not going to be the majority.

It's satire Adam, they are copy and pasting BernieOrBust Rhetoric

Oh thank goodness. I'm slow. You have to explain things to me very, very clearly. :p

Although, I did enjoy this quote from the article:

“I’m not holding my breath but I’m not ruling it out that we can bring out 43 million young people into this election,” she said.

Cause, ya, that's going to happen. You couldn't turn out that many young people if you gave away....what do young people like? Stickers? NSYNC Cassettes? IDK.

Man I wish* all Republicans were a little more reasonable like northeast Republicans.

*That would make them tough opponents though, so maybe it's for the best?

If you look at politics as a team sport, then yes that would be bad.

If you look at politics as what's best for the country - it would be for the best if there were a lot more Charlie Bakers around.

People deserve a real legitimate choice.

I'm having an argument with a dude who is literally arguing genetics is why black people in Africa are so dumb, and how all black people in America need to be evicted from the country. He's linked it to the shootings we've had lately..

Is the alt-right this fucking bad?

you know Charles Murray?

digdug2k

I tried, but that bubble is very strong. His arguments were the following.

- Blacks have weak IQs because Africa has weak IQs. He's ignored the infrastructure and poverty problem. Strangely, he admitted free will doesn't exist, so he concluded systemic issues are at bay. Instead of it being known prior causes that we can debate about - society, culture, beliefs that drive what one may call the "bad" behavior one objects to, etc - he banked his argument that blacks are innately inferior. As someone who twerks to a Zen freakuency, you would imagine how much this claim surprised me and got me fumed.

- He argued blacks in America have inherently weak genes because of their IQs because of what they are in Africa, and thus are a problem. I brought up the fact if we're using genes and living as an example, the fact he is gay could be used to say "all gays are inherently bad because they do not normally reproduce with their desired sex." He admitted the absurdity there, that some can have children despite being gay, but didn't wish to admit that his paintbrushing of all blacks, had the same level of falsity. It was very much a "blacks is bad" objective claim, and good fuck, the alt-right is prone to doing this shit constantly with no evidence. Some of these homies seem to beyond hope, for it's just another game of ingroup vs outgroup, and of course ingroup has the "truth" and answers.

I can feel my blood cortisol spiking. I should just stay on Twitter retweeting Zen and RuPaul quotes and not try to speak to others.
I swear statistics may be the worst thing to ever come out of humanity.

Trump cancelled his appearance at Versailles (famous Cuban cafe/restaurant) down here in Miami citing the police violence in Dallas. That's not gonna help with Cubans.

Dr. Jill Stein is terrible.

I mean, not necessarily her positions (which are kinda shitty), but her freaking attempts to win Bernie supporters. You have to be subtle about that shit. You can't, literally, bring it up every day in a random tweet. Come on. I know she doesn't believe in vaccines, does she not believe in good strategy either?

hawk2025

Dr. Jill Stein is terrible.

I mean, not necessarily her positions (which are kinda shitty), but her freaking attempts to win Bernie supporters. You have to be subtle about that shit. You can't, literally, bring it up every day in a random tweet. Come on. I know she doesn't believe in vaccines, does she not believe in good strategy either?

It bears repeating:

I genuinely believe her proposed GMO policy is, as a straightforward, immediate impact calculation on the number of people, worse than anything Trump has in mind.

I would say it's far worse than kinda shitty.

Students asked Harvard law professor to stop wearing BLM shirt. Professor responded.

Request:
qK7BTM0.jpg

pWWYsuP.jpg

Response:
G1ndXeS.jpg

uZhn1gd.jpg

8fT06Ke.jpg

p19h4hr.jpg

7TUkSYI.jpg

DfnkVSD.jpg

That person would probably have walked across broken glass naked to clerk for Scalia. Future "legal expert" for Fox News, at the very least.

Foffy

Banned
you know Charles Murray?

Only of his basic income proposal. Which, while on the right-leaning end, is actually pretty shit: he talks full gutting of all services, IIRC. Guess he got that wrong, too. I mean, consider how of his annual $13,000 basic income proposal, $3,000 is automatically linked to health care. Something tells me he wants to go back to a wild west system if part of the program is essentially a Health Savings Account, which I consider barbaristic...

But reading up on him and his views to this topic, I'm a bit lost. I mean, this isn't rocket science; we know the brain is negatively impacted by poverty, and has every right to be rightly classified as a disease. Going back to my earlier post, what country seems to be rampant in poverty? But it's just too easy to say "genes!" and confuse inferences with innate natures. It's no different than "Survival of the Fittest" arguments used to justify social status quos and those at the bottom. You justify a situation and say "that's just what is", and in a perverted sense, look to continue that narrative.

What it is amounts to being a quick scapegoat to continue mankind's egoic conquest to put hierarchies of worthiness in the differentiation of things. People can get quickly got up in that bullshit, if my experiences today are of any anecdotal evidence. One should always question "less than what" when looking at things in an inferior way. It's almost entirely based on thoughts, and the deeper you go, the more you see the flimsiness of it being absolute or objective.

Sorry if my post was too serious to your question, but I felt it warranted some degree of sincerity.

shem935

Banned
Gah, Kris changed his avatar again, tricked me into reading his post!
/s

Thanks for that post Kris it was a great read on a bad day.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What a bunch of whiny cunts. How can people so ignorant get into Harvard Law School?

Not everyone who goes there is on a scholarship, a lot are just privileged rich kids who got in because their folks were either rich and donated or were students themselves.

Interesting read, but the images are way too big and dominate the page. Put them in quotes at the very least

Kristoffer, I'd like to introduce you to the wild, wacky world of quoting your giant images!

QUOTE YOUR DAMN GIANT IMAGES
I'm always on my phone, I never notice these things!

Gah, Kris changed his avatar again, tricked me into reading his post!
This time it was because I had a religious conversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom