• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I cant believe nobody picked Pence. No winners on the R side.

His name was never mentioned as a possibility anywhere at that point, from what I recall.
dramatis said:
Lol if everyone flopped can the bet just fly by without punishment

What punishment? I wouldn't have said anything had anybody ever mentioned a punishment.

Kusagari

Shuster just tweeted Trump plans to announce his cabinet at convention, which will include all VP finalists.

What the fuck is Gingrich gonna do?

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Real talk how dangerous is Pence?

Not super dangerous. Only reason he's seen as a "threat" is because he's not completely terrible like Palin / Gingrich / Sessions. So on a relative level he's seen as dangerous because he's not a pathetically terrible option, but on an absolute level he's going to get grilled over the RFRA stuff / gay rights issue.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Somehow I got converted over in the last month or so and now I really want Warren on the ticket. Let's go America!

TBH; I would probably change a lot of my negative views on Clinton's willingness to win at all costs if she went with Warren. I've been fairly cynical about her using Warren to try to get Bernie supporters on board without actually promising anything.

Aside: Pence being VP pick means that we need to start working on getting Pete Buttigieg (mayor of South Bend) as governor of Indiana. (He said he wouldn't run this term....but we can dream)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Buttigieg

Dude's freaking awesome.

Also, he will be Adam approved shortly.

Bowdz

What's this recent Vilsack talk for Clinton VP?

According to Halperin (lol fuck that guy) he is a longtime friend of Hillary and they get along very well. Personally, I a general rule of for VP selection is not to choose anyone who's name has the word "sack" in it.

CnVy0MZWYAAAN3e.jpg:small

does trump have a vetting opperation?

pigeon

Banned
Christie was clearly going to be attorney general. At least that was what the idea is. ...If Trump won.

I honestly don't understand why Christie would go through the humiliation, the drop in his polls, and the having to deny a story that he fetched McDonald's for Donald Trump, in order to get Loretta Lynch's job.

Like, I'm actually surprised at his lack of ambition. He was going to be president! Before he turned out to be Tony Soprano without the leadership skills.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
CnVy0MZWYAAAN3e.jpg:small

does trump have a vetting opperation?

Either Trump's incompetent (never bothered to vet) or a genius (using this as concrete evidence that he's willing to walk back some of the craziness he has said). I'm not sure which yet. (Suspecting incompetent at this point though)

shem935

Banned
Either Trump's incompetent (never bothered to vet) or a genius (using this as concrete evidence that he's willing to walk back some of the craziness he has said). I'm not sure which yet. (Suspecting incompetent at this point though)

He can't walk back the trade deals though. That is a cornerstone.

pigeon

Banned
Meanwhile, back in New York City:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...taffer-should-be-secret.html?via=twitter_page

daily beast said:
New York judge ruled on Thursday that Donald Trump cannot keep his lawsuit against a former staffer behind closed doors for now.

Judge Eileen Bransten ruled that the presumptive Republican presidential nominee or his attorneys must show cause in New York Supreme Court on August 10 as to why the suit against former adviser Sam Nunberg must be kept in arbitration and out of a courtroom.

This could be interesting? I'm not a real lawyer and I'm not sure how serious an order to show cause actually is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom