• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusagari

Zero Republicans seem to like this choice. Even the social conservatives hate him.

What a shit pick. It's worse than Christie and Gingrich to me.

If I was Trump I would have picked Christie.

I don't see Pence throwing himself infront of the bus to defend him for every dumb thing he says, or be as good at spinning what he has to say. Just watching this interview with him on MSNBC he legit seems like he is willing to follow Trump into hell. I don't get the same vibe from Pence at all.

Bowdz

Yep. Knew it would be Pence. He doesn't really look young though. He looks like a lifelike has been GI Joe figure.

Anyway, Ras poll sucks. 7 points? Sheeeeeit.

I agree with Plinko. We can't take anything for granted. This election is defying every norm.

It's good that the FBI is now out of the way. However, they took forever to finish the investigation. It basically happened right before the conventions and it hurt her big time. If Trump then rides on the coat tails of that and has a good convention, Hillary will have a LOT of work to do.

Do not underestimate Trump and his army of low info voters. We're heading into uncharted territory politically speaking. Hilary's problems wouldn't be so bad if things didn't take forever to go away. Bernie, FBI.

I think James Carville summed it up perfectly yesterday when he was talking about Clinton's VP choice on WADR. He said her choice really doesn't matter because the size and ascendency of the Obama coalition is so great, that if you can unite that group, you win.

Don't worry about the day to day ups and downs because the fundamentals are, and have always been, stacked in the Democrats' favor. Clinton's team is not only made up of veterans, but champions and they are all aware of what Plouffe said the other day. It's all about fundamentals bro.

HylianTom

Banned
I think James Carville summed it up perfectly yesterday when he was talking about Clinton's VP choice on WADR. He said her choice really doesn't matter because the size and ascendency of the Obama coalition is so great, that if you can unite that group, you win.

Don't worry about the day to day ups and downs because the fundamentals are, and have always been, stacked in the Democrats' favor. Clinton's team is not only made up of veterans, but champions and they are all aware of what Plouffe said the other day. It's all about fundamentals bro.
They've gotta be feeling extra-confident since they're going to benefit from Trump not even having a Romney-tier GOTV operation. Every time I think about it, I'm aghast; it's the equivalent of campaign malpractice.

===

And I love how MSNBC is trying its damndest to keep-up the suspense over this pick, saying it might be "premature.."

Yep. Knew it would be Pence. He doesn't really look young though. He looks like a lifelike has been GI Joe figure.

Anyway, Ras poll sucks. 7 points? Sheeeeeit.

I agree with Plinko. We can't take anything for granted. This election is defying every norm.

It's good that the FBI is now out of the way. However, they took forever to finish the investigation. It basically happened right before the conventions and it hurt her big time. If Trump then rides on the coat tails of that and has a good convention, Hillary will have a LOT of work to do.

Do not underestimate Trump and his army of low info voters. We're heading into uncharted territory politically speaking. Hilary's problems wouldn't be so bad if things didn't take forever to go away. Bernie, FBI.

Please explain to me how "this election is defying norms".

people love to say that, going "ohhh all bets are off, Clinton is in deep trouble!!". "You cant look at past elections, its differnet because an idiot is running for GOP and he prooved to the world that people who vote for the GOP dont give a shit about racism and are xenophobic"

What exactly has changed when compared to the last two election cycles? How exactly have the demographics shifted so much that "all bets are off"? Same battleground states are in play, demographics have varied in terms of women and white men, but there is no insane magic swing that is going to turn the election on its head.

Greta Van Susteren ‏@greta 7m7 minutes ago
SOURCES TELL FNC THAT IND GOV.PENCE IS ABANDONING HIS RE-ELECTION BID, ALL BUT ASSURING HE IS TRUMP'S PICK TO BE HIS VP RUNNING MATE

Robert Costa ‏@costareports 6m6 minutes ago
UPDATE: Two senior Trump campaign officials tell @PhilipRucker and me that Trump has NOT yet called Pence or other VP prospects

Robert Costa ‏@costareports 5m5 minutes ago
Trump, in CA, is still thinking through the decision and not ready to make any offer, but the situation is fluid, the officials said

What a mess.

thebloo

people love to say that, going "ohhh all bets are off, Clinton is in deep trouble!!". "You cant look at past elections, its differnet because an idiot is running for GOP and he prooved to the world that people who vote for the GOP dont give a shit about racism and are xenophobic"

What exactly has changed when compared to the last two election cycles? How exactly have the demographics shifted so much that "all bets are off"? Same battleground states are in play, demographics have varied in terms of women and white men, but there is no insane magic swing that is going to turn the election on its head.

It hasn't. It's just the "he was not expected to win the nom".

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What a mess.

oOXDJDU.jpg

Bowdz

Not to mention, yet again, this election has been extraordinary predictable based on the polling aggregates. Trump was leading the national and state level polling aggregates since he entered the race and, surprise surprise, he is the nominee. Clinton was leading all national and state level polling aggregates since she entered the race and guess what, she's the nominee.

Yes, the polls have tightened after one of the worst weeks Clinton could possible have and yet the polling aggregates still have her ahead.

I actually think Trump is still considering, and the Manafort guys leaked this because they thought they had Pence locked down after yesterday.

NeoXChaos

Robert Costa ‏@costareports 39s39 seconds ago
Inside Pence camp, there is a sense that he's still likely the pick b/c of recent mtgs, support from Manafort, other signals. But...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom