• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

itschris

I'm 99.9% sure it's satire, calling Sanders the greatest potential President since Lincoln is a dead giveaway to me.

Haha, I went back to check the rest of the site, and that stuck out to me too. Other than that, it's pretty hard to tell the difference from the real Bernie Or Bust crowd.

Oh, I just realized I made it onto the wall of shame! Super!😃

That donor news is crazy too.

debbie-wasserman-schultz-gimme-a-hug-AFP.jpg

WELCOME!

Tubie

Another republican donor is not supporting trump. I wonder how trump is going to fund his general election campaign at this point.

He really thinks saying crazy shit on Twitter will work for the general election too.

And you know he's not about to spend a lot of his own money on this either.

mo60

He really thinks saying crazy shit on Twitter will work for the general election too.

And you know he's not about to spend a lot of his own money on this either.

The good thing if he does that he won't be able to deal with the influx of negative ads from the democrats soon.

Is there anything better on a Friday night that 90s country, Call of Duty on the Wii U, wearing a Hillary t-shirt, and dranking Kool Aide and vodka cocktails?

Paskil

Wait, so I was in the top 10 in |OT6|? Hmm, probably better that I will be mostly out of cell service for the next week, except for brief news surfacing, Well, and maybe the Green Bay rally on Wednesday, depending where it is.

Random thought on why la revolucion is so appealing to the SnapChat generation. And why slow steps towards progress are viewed dimly.

Just recently they've seen "rapid" change, with things like the SCOTUS ruling on same sex marriage.

I say "rapid" because as with a lot of things, the Twitter generation, born into a world of broadband and 4G and Google, either weren't born yet, or don't remember that it took a bajillion small steps to get to that point.

Whereas, if you're just a bit older you still remember the modem sound and playing Snake on a Nokia. And you still remember when all manner of things we have now were unfathomable, but the small achievable steps towards them could be made.

itschris

Random thought on why la revolucion is so appealing to the SnapChat generation. And why slow steps towards progress are viewed dimly.

Just recently they've seen "rapid" change, with things like the SCOTUS ruling on same sex marriage.

I say "rapid" because as with a lot of things, the Twitter generation, born into a world of broadband and 4G and Google, either weren't born yet, or don't remember that it took a bajillion small steps to get to that point.

Whereas, if you're just a bit older you still remember the modem sound and playing Snake on a Nokia.

Interesting. I just wish they would understand how vital the SCOTUS is to that kind of progress, and how big of a deal it is that Scalia's seat is up for grabs.

Whereas, if you're just a bit older you still remember the modem sound and playing Snake on a Nokia. And you still remember when all manner of things we have now were unfathomable, but the small achievable steps towards them could be made.
Kids dont know how good they have it. Waiting for nudies to load on a dial up for 5 minutes, the struggle was real.

If that was the case, they'd be for reparations and other programs that benefit minorities first. But, they aren't. They want free school and absolbtion of student debt because it affects them, and a higher minimum wage because that's what they earn, and they want to smoke the reefer.

And, yeah, a complete lack of perspective on what came before and the current situation as you describe. But there's also a great selfishness to it.

Tubie

Is there anything better on a Friday night that 90s country, Call of Duty on the Wii U, wearing a Hillary t-shirt, and dranking Kool Aide and vodka cocktails?

Switch CoD with Overwatch and the kool aide with literally anything else, and I might agree with you.

tmarg

Switch CoD with Overwatch and the kool aide with literally anything else, and I might agree with you.

Splatoon is better than Overwatch, he's made the right switch.

Why is "YouTube Prankster" a thing, and how is running onto the court during an NBA finals game a prank?

studyguy

Man in the 5th grade I was learning how to set typewriters still. Shit was gonna be a 'valuable asset skill' in setting margins, correcting errors, generally learning to type and learning when to end your sentence.

Pretty sure they chucked them the next year when we got a computer lab.

i'm still calling it: the curse gets shifted to the GOP and the indians randomly win a title

I think it's telling that we don't even pretend to hope the curse would be passed from the Browns. We know they're made to suffer.

Wait....

I no longer would with the guy that did whatever at the Cavs game. He's wearing a shoelace as a belt. I have some standards. Okay, I don't, but COME ON.

tmarg

I no longer would with the guy that did whatever at the Cavs game. He's wearing a shoelace as a belt. I have some standards. Okay, I don't, but COME ON.

The police might have put it on so his pants didn't fall down while they dragged him out.

studyguy

Wtf. Were you born in 1930's?

No just poor.
Didn't see a modern pc till I was in middle school I think. Everything before was just old set ups I guess. I did play the OG word muncher game a bunch on one though.

The first time we got some decent ones in the lab was incredible.

studyguy

I'm really not I'm just about 30. Seriously did no one else learn how to use a typewriter as a kid?? I genuinely feel weird about that now lol

No just poor.
Didn't see a modern pc till I was in middle school I think. Everything before was just old set ups I guess. I did play the OG word muncher game a bunch on one though.

The first time we got some decent ones in the lab was incredible.

hey man don't feel bad. we didn't have a computer until 1999. we didn't get one until i was in 7th grade. i used a typerwriter until then. we had an electric one, though. When I was in elementary school, we had a mac lab and a pc lab. and then in later elementary school i went to a private school and we only had a pc lab that we used for learning how to type and if you were like me and on the newspaper.

Maybe Cleveland would stop getting pranked all the time if you stopped falling for it.

the only prank here is the one that'll be getting played in a month

at least with baseball, the playoffs are legitimately enough of a crapshoot that they have a shot if they win the central. there's a reason i'm transitioning to Don't Give A Fuck about the other two teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom