• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmarg

I'm really not I'm just about 30. Seriously did no one else learn how to use a typewriter as a kid?? I genuinely feel weird about that now lol

Nah, I'm about the same age as you, I used typewriters. Not at school though, we had extremely shitty pcs that were completely useless for anything other than word processing.

Nah, I'm about the same age as you, I used typewriters. Not at school though, we had extremely shitty pcs that were completely useless for anything other than word processing.

I remember in 3rd grade when we had centers...and our classroom got four computers and the teacher added computers to our center time. It was second only to this:

W2kMGRI.jpg

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I'm really not I'm just about 30. Seriously did no one else learn how to use a typewriter as a kid?? I genuinely feel weird about that now lol

My parents had an electric typewriter, but schools had Apple computers in Elementary. Then around 3rd grade my parents purchased a 486 with Windows 3.1 and a dot matrix printer. So all of my typed stuff was done on that.

You could buy like 7 modern desktop computers without monitors for the price of that one, not adjusting for inflation... crazy looking back.

Wow, I guess my parents had money before the first construction bust.

Slayven

Anyone else think there might be a split in the GOP? The big money guys saying fuck trump, but the joe blows stick with him?

tmarg

Anyone else think there might be a split in the GOP? The big money guys saying fuck trump, but the joe blows stick with him?

Why would anyone give money to Trump? Might as well just light it on fire.

The donors have never been behind Trump at any point, but it hasn't mattered. The party can't dump him now, the bigger question is what happens after the election.

kadotsu

Banned

After Trump loses this November the GOP will go into full blame mode and turn on its base. This will lead to a Tea Party like movement, which will mostly feature white nationalist but will call itself something like Literalists to get mask themselves. They'll primary on the state level and win some seats.

If that new movement can help the GOP win the midterms it will be assimilated. If they lose the midterms they are proper fucked.

If that was the case, they'd be for reparations and other programs that benefit minorities first. But, they aren't. They want free school and absolbtion of student debt because it affects them, and a higher minimum wage because that's what they earn, and they want to smoke the reefer.

And, yeah, a complete lack of perspective on what came before and the current situation as you describe. But there's also a great selfishness to it.
Really? The 'selfish millennials' trope? Even as an X'er, I had a better future with less debt than millennials do. Boomers were even more 'selfish'.

You are deluded.

Uniting the party:

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 10m10 minutes ago
Mitt Romney had his chance to beat a failed president but he choked like a dog. Now he calls me racist-but I am least racist person there is

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Trump doesn't need a ground game; he's got Twitter.

It's pretty funny to consider the effect on Trump's campaign if Twitter actually banned him.

and the proof

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 10m10 minutes ago
Don King, and so many other African Americans who know me well and endorsed me, would not have done so if they thought I was a racist!

If I may put on my Donald J Trump mask for a moment:

"What are those towel heads and wet backs going on about. I can't be racist because I love the blacks."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/10/politics/mitt-romney-donald-trump-racism/index.html

"I don't want to see trickle-down racism," Romney said in an interview here in a suite overlooking the Wasatch Mountains, where he is hosting his yearly ideas conference. "I don't want to see a president of the United States saying things which change the character of the generations of Americans that are following. Presidents have an impact on the nature of our nation, and trickle-down racism, trickle-down bigotry, trickle-down misogyny, all these things are extraordinarily dangerous to the heart and character of America."

I can't believe Romney, of all people, would use such a great term to describe the impact a candidate could have, about a GOP candidate no less.

But isn't this the case of "chicken and the egg"? How could Trump rise to that position if there wasn't a big swell of racism to support his rise?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
So I had a dream about Queen Hillary last night and from it actually came the first joke for the WHCD next year.

"Members of the press, distinguished colleagues, etc., thank you so much for having me here tonight. I almost couldn't make it-- the invitation was in my email but I deleted it."

*crowd erupts*

"And I murdered Vince Foster!"

FnordChan

R Money said:
"I don't want to see trickle-down racism," Romney said in an interview here in a suite overlooking the Wasatch Mountains, where he is hosting his yearly ideas conference. "I don't want to see a president of the United States saying things which change the character of the generations of Americans that are following. Presidents have an impact on the nature of our nation, and trickle-down racism, trickle-down bigotry, trickle-down misogyny, all these things are extraordinarily dangerous to the heart and character of America."?

It''s great to finally see a Republican talking about a trickle-down theory that might actually be correct.

That would actually be incredible. He'd have a panic attack

I don't know if Trump would have a panic attack if Twitter banned him, but he'd probably stroke out in a fit of rage when the reason for his ban was given as "Twitter is concerned about Mr. Trump's welfare, given that his incessant Tweeting must be a terrible strain on his tiny hands."

FnordChan

ampere

Ladies and Gentleman

The President of the United States of America, Hillary Rodham Clinton, and her husband, the FIrst Gentleman, Former President William Jefferson Clinton.

It'll take three hours to introduce them at state functions. Bernie would have been easier.

I NEED gender role parodying at the next WHCD speech.

*jokes about Hillary by speaker* -> "and Bill, Bill is looking as beautiful as ever. His hair and suit are just lovely."

andthebeatgoeson

Donald Trump says that you are at least as racist as he is.
That would be the most compelling thing he had ever said. You should apply for his Twitter job.

And, he has a perspective problem. Maybe should see an eye doctor. Everything is huge, his hands, his skin, his buildings.

Maybe he just needs lasix.

Teggy

I wonder if Trump considers himself average at anything. We already know he is the least racist and uses the best words.

I remember in 3rd grade when we had centers...and our classroom got four computers and the teacher added computers to our center time. It was second only to this:

These still exist. My kids are in 1st and 3rd grade in a fairly nice school in the Northern VA suburbs, but, at their after school care program, they use these to show the huge library of Disney VHSs the school has had stocked for 25 years.

Emarv

Politico's podcast (yeah, I know) said that Trump might not even hit $350 million? lol

This party is fucked.

teiresias

I love really old typewriters - my mom and my grandparents have older vintage typewriters with the really long-throw keys, and when i was a kid we had an electric one that I used for a few papers before we got our 286 with a dot matrix printer - but I've been typing on computer keyboards so long at this point that I type too fast for them and am always locking the arms up. I've never had the opportunity to use one of the awesome IBM Selectric typewriters with the ball mechanism though.

The closest I get to a typewriter-like thing nowadays is my Alphasmart Neo.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AlphaSmart

Mike M

Nick N
I learned to type in high school on electric typewriters that sat right next to the computers that we didn't use. It was baffling. It was a semester-long class too, but I had gotten it down after a quarter.

Can you even buy correction tape and ink ribbons anymore?

I learned to type in high school on electric typewriters that sat right next to the computers that we didn't use. It was baffling. It was a semester-long class too, but I had gotten it down after a quarter.

Can you even buy correction tape and ink ribbons anymore?

I don't know about correction tape, but I just about sold somebody a typewriter and ink ribbons the other day.

Politico's podcast (yeah, I know) said that Trump might not even hit $350 million? lol

This party is fucked.

I can't imagine big Republican donors are eager to give a guy that they don't like money so that he can waste it in New York and California

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom