• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn it! I can't stop thinking about a succulent NY strip steak, accompanied by my [post=184427882]signature[/post] lightly steamed organic broccoli (preserves the nutrients, don't you know), or steamed asparagus (when on offer for $2 / pound), grilled Ore-Ida crinkle fries (screw waiting 5 hours for the oven to heat up), washed down with a delicious drop of my fornight / bottle $3.5 fruity goodness (Tisdale Merlot) ;).

Think about the roster at the GOP convention though.

Donald Trump. Donald Trump. Ivanka Trump. Donald Trump. Donald Trump. A chair. Sarah Palin. Donald Trump.

Newt Gingrich. Chris Christie. Ben Carson.

Tom Brady. Dennis Rodman.

Ted Nugent. All the Duck Dynasty. Charlie Daniels.

Don King (owns the Call and Post, Cleveland's black newspaper. once kicked a man to death in Cleveland)

and of course

The Freedom Girls and Diamond & Silk.

I'm sat here thinking about when Bill and Hillary enter special events.

Ladies and gentlemen: The President of the United States, President Clinton and her husband President Clinton.

If I write a letter to them as a couple, does etiquette dictate that I can address it to President and President Clinton OR should it be Presidents Clinton.

I need to write Mrs. Manners!

They could call them The Presidents Clinton (Sea Manky suggested that to me).

Also, Clinton 42 and Clinton 45.

smurfx

get some go again
BernieIs45 actually exists?! Going by precedent, they'll be fully on board with the Republican candidates in 2020 and 2024, right?
i think i remember that site linking to a poligaf thread some time ago. pretty sure it's a joke site by someone here.

edit: oh wait bernieis45.com is the one i remember. although the other might also be a joke site as well.

Politico's podcast (yeah, I know) said that Trump might not even hit $350 million? lol

This party is fucked.
how much money did romney raise for the gop last time? i don't think trump is going to do anything for down ticket republicans.

HylianTom

Banned
Also, Clinton 42 and Clinton 45.

I love that they do this in gyms where they speak..
573fd9b3c277d.image.jpg

2%20scoreboard.jpg

Sometimes they just do 45..

https://www.reddit.com/r/SandersFor...p/bernie_has_flipped_3_counties_today/d44mfkg

Major props to the guy who said "What about an online petition to arrest her?"
Breaking news! He flipped 3 counties today, the op adding "Don't Freak Out." Though he's up to almost 500,000 votes behind in the raw count. Oops. Minor oversight, I'm sure. And then, to take a large enough win in CA to win the pledged delegate majority, he'd need to lower her share of CA to about 17%. Assuming she had zero more counted votes, Sanders would need ~12.5M for the win, so he's just a statistical minimum of 10.8M votes shy of turning this around, guys!

If you'll recall, a lot of people were looking for a "real" 50.0%+ win to prove legitimacy, meaning we'd need to add some more Hillary votes, too. If we were to extend current vote totals by an equal +10.3M margin needed to finish under him as as close to an equal count of all outstanding ballots, you'd end up with a total vote number of ~24.8M votes needed for him to take a 50.1% win. There are 17.7M registered voters in CA. He's totally got this in the bag.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
I learned to type on a manual typewriter. When I moved to computers I broke keyboard because I would pound on the keys. Even now my coworkers complain about my loud typing.

Holmes

Breaking news! He flipped 3 counties today, the op adding "Don't Freak Out." Though he's up to almost 500,000 votes behind in the raw count. Oops. Minor oversight, I'm sure. And then, to take a large enough win in CA to win the pledged delegate majority, he'd need to lower her share of CA to about 17%. Assuming she had zero more counted votes, Sanders would need ~12.5M for the win, so he's just a statistical minimum of 10.8M votes shy of turning this around, guys!

If you'll recall, a lot of people were looking for a "real" 50.0%+ win to prove legitimacy, meaning we'd need to add some more Hillary votes, too. If we were to extend current vote totals by an equal +10.3M margin needed to finish under him as as close to an equal count of all outstanding ballots, you'd end up with a total vote number of ~24.8M votes needed for him to take a 50.1% win. There are 17.7M registered voters in CA. He's totally got this in the bag.
Mhmm. San Luis Obispo (rural -- relative to the rest of SoCal) and Santa Barbara (home of UC Santa Barbara) were expected to go to Sanders. Same for Glenn county (rural NorCal county). Those may have flipped but Hillary's margin in Los Angeles, San Diego, San Mateo, Santa Clara, San Francisco, Alameda, and many other counties is actually expanding.

This story about Hillary giving that guy a job because he made a big donation kind of fell flat. After yesterday's hoopla about it, I've barely seen it anywhere besides in "recaps of yesterdays news" side bar that some sites have.

studyguy

San Luis is incredibly rural and white and Santa Barbara is Santa Barbara (Orange County away from Orange County). Let's check ventura county, the county right next to them with a higher population than both combined and see how they went... oh Clinton. Breakdown is much more diverse than just white what a surprise!

Bob Dole says Bob Dole will endorse Trump

So much death. What can men do against such reckless hate.

Since Bob Dole can't vote for George Washington, Bob Dole is going to vote for Donald Trump.

Okay.

On the one hand, Washington wasn't a Republican. Nor was he a Democrat. The party structure hadn't solidified yet. So Bob Dole could have easily said "Since Bob Dole can't vote for Washington, Bob Dole will vote for (insert any damn candidate)."

But on the other hand, Washington was a slave owner who rotated his human property back to his home plantation every few months so they wouldn't be in Philadelphia long enough to be declared free. Which sounds like something Trump would do, so maybe Bob Dole has a point.

Really? The 'selfish millennials' trope? Even as an X'er, I had a better future with less debt than millennials do. Boomers were even more 'selfish'.

You are deluded.

I wasn't trying to invoke any trope and say one group is more selfish than the other so I apologize if my post gave off that air, but rather they are acting selfish like many other voting groups and blocks, and that the notion that they are either not acting selfish or more susceptible to revolutionary talk is somewhat dubious.

Teggy

The crowd at the Trump rally was asking for Condoleeza Rice to be VP. I'm sure she's very interested in the job.

Here's a rundown of the Best Of /r/s4p today, so no one else has to go look for it. Spoiler, everything is rigged.

• That Russian news agency not understanding that 48% of people wanting Sanders to stay in the race doesn't mean 48% of people would vote for him.
  • They're going to go create their own social media, with blackjack, and hookers.
  • Something about CA fraud written by a NY media outlet I've never heard of that uses degrees C for weather forecasts, with a front page comprised of nothing but #bernieorbust material.
  • CA is being stolen right now guys, even if that pesky vote count is moving the other direction.
  • Then there's this bold claim:
    If she doesn't choose a progressive VP, one thing will be more blatantly clear than ever: The general election might just shape up to be the most rigged election in U.S. history.
  • And whatever the hell this image is, posted by a blogger whose profile says he's literally trying to stake a claim to fame based on the fact that he's a nobody.
If I was ever this stupid or ignorant toward anyone in my first election, I want to apologize and ask that whoever I harmed retroactively please beat the shit out of me.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Can people just write on the backs of their eyelids for 2024 not to freak out about TYT or Gabbard4President or whatever? Ends up that no1curr about these people.

I like Hilary, but she really needs to stop leaving her self open to this kind of shit. Is your political career really worth that money that she could from anywhere else?

If trump did this shit we would be all over it.

Even though it's a "revolving door at FCC" kind of bad, and not SCANDALOUS bad. I do want to hear Clinton's reasoning.

Makai

I still think Trump's claim that the judge has a conflict of interest is hilarious. That's the kind of defense George Bluth's lawyer would come up with.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
why are we paying attention to /s4p/? The number of unique monthly visitors has nosedived after the last month. What remains are the absolute fanatic core; of course they're weird. It's just the PUMA analogues, they're not representative of the average Sanders/ex-Sanders supporter.

But.. That means.. I have to care about baseball?.. No. No. No!!!!!

Anything but that!!

YOUR LUCK RUNS OUT

Can people just write on the backs of their eyelids for 2024 not to freak out about TYT or Gabbard4President or whatever? Ends up that no1curr about these people.

but kev, what if i wanna post every day about the actions of 100 people circlejerking on a site where you can create an infinite number of alt accounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom