• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally all of my friends (and I'm in college so they're college students) are anti-Hillary and they give no reasons as to why.

The most vocal anti-Hillary friend I have is actually a war-hawk due to being from Kosovo. It's deeply strange.

But it was fun trolling them after every big Hillary win.

Exactly. Bernie also has to walk a very fine line to feel authentic while also eventually endorsing Hillary after saying she's an unqualified corrupt election rigger. It's a much more delecate game than in 08 even though the race is closer because Hillary's 08 supporters would more naturally come back into the fold.
I mean by the same reasoning his base was never going to be in the fold anyway. They're just kids swept up in fomo.

The ones that were going to vote Dem in November will still do it. The ones that won't vote Dem are never going to whatever he gets.

Completely ridiculous:

Hopefully it will get better now that the primaries are over and people fully absorb the fact that the options are Clinton or Trump.
I've felt like this even as a Bernie supporter all primary season simply because I don't enter a frothy rage every time Clinton's name comes up. It's frustrating as hell and I grew tired of having to preface every single pro-Clinton statement with "I VOTED FOR SANDERS AND GAVE HIM MONEY"

Also, if she needs to "moderate" her rhetoric to win Florida and Ohio, then it's still better than losing Florida and Ohio and getting Donald Fucking Trump. Good grief.

kess

Completely ridiculous:

Hopefully it will get better now that the primaries are over and people fully absorb the fact that the options are Clinton or Trump.

Kinda unrelated, but I saw a Hillary campaign worker in public a few days ago, which I was pretty happy to see. The primaries are over, thank God.

So I guess Lucy Flores (Dem-NV) was one of the handpicked Bernie people? She obviously didn't win. I'm sure s4p is taking it well.......and 2nd post is questioning if it was rigged.

: sigh :

Edit: Actually, all 3 that had Bernie's stamp of approval lost. I only knew about Flores.

Completely ridiculous:

I'm surprised, especially about the WeHo part. Most of my friends, a very diverse LGBT bunch are mostly Hillary supporters. Hell, Hill won WeHo quite convincingly. It might just be an obnoxious Bernie supporter that harassed her at that grocery store. I've been to social gatherings and I've made my positions clear about being for Hillary. Yeah, I get the uppity Bernie supporters but they usually don't go up to my face even if we have a healthy debate. I even called Bernie 'not a good candidate' in front of a group of them at a poker game once. West Hollywood is Hillary country.

itschris

I'm surprised, especially about the WeHo part. Most of my friends, a very diverse LGBT bunch are mostly Hillary supporters. Hell, Hill won WeHo quite convincingly. It might just be an obnoxious Bernie supporter that harassed her at that grocery store. I've been to social gatherings and I've made my positions clear about being for Hillary. Yeah, I get the uppity Bernie supporters but they usually don't go up to my face even if we have a healthy debate. I even called Bernie 'not a good candidate' in front of a group of them at a poker game once. West Hollywood is Hillary country.

Interesting. As you said, all it takes is one asshole for someone to have a negative experience and become cautious about expressing support for Hillary.

So I guess Lucy Flores (Dem-NV) was one of the handpicked Bernie people? She obviously didn't win. I'm sure s4p is taking it well.......and 2nd post is questioning if it was rigged.

: sigh :

Edit: Actually, all 3 that had Bernie's stamp of approval lost. I only knew about Flores.
REVOLUTION

We really should have someone whose job it is to handle launching nukes who gets nominated by the president and has to be approved by Congress.

The current system is clearly insane based on the fact that Trump could start a nuclear war with China (potentially leading to the end of the world) just if he got pissy one night.

I mean, at a fundamental level, I don't think there's a single professional politician, pundit, journalist, or donor class 1-percenter in all of America who actually wants Donald Trump to be the President of the United States. So that's got to be difficult for the RNC.

Well, what's your definition of "professional." Because I'm sure there's a few Tea Partiers in the current Congress who are basically just as crazy as Trump, but with better handlers or self control. I mean, remember the You Lie guy?

Maybe the Republican Caucus of 2004, I'd give you.

What other Berniecrat had a primary race recently? I only know of this Flores running against future Mr Congress and Zephyr Teachout who is still to come.

What other Berniecrat had a primary race recently? I only know of this Flores running against future Mr Congress and Zephyr Teachout who is still to come.

Supposedly he endorsed an incumbent in SC who won. You know..since incumbents tend to win primary challenges. But I don't know who it is. Something I saw on Reddit.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The DNC chair thing is basically Bernie being bitter and not actually concerned with policy IMO. Debbie sux but broadly the complaint about her was that he thought she was unfair, not that she wasn't progressive or whatever.

I care exactly 0 about Debbie. But bernie should also care 0.

It's all really just bitterness and buying into the nonsense that the only reason he lost was because RIGGED. Or he'd have called out the even more onerous and undemocratic caucus system.

Sourpuss Sanders just can't believe that less people agreeing with him is why he lost. And even though he lost he still thinks he's the one true king and can impose how right he is in his mind on the winner.

She really shouldn't sing live....Smirnoff is GOAT. Trust.

I think teh DWS thing goes back to what Barney Frank said about Bernie. He's got it in his craw and he's going to have his way, dammit.

fauxtrot

Banned
I love that Hillary is basically granting Bernie a few moderately sized wishes and he wastes some on petty shit due to hurt feelings + things the DNC doesn't control. Dude sure knows how to get things done...

While Hillary is giving a speech at the dnc, Debbie'll be somewhere in a back room like

1hQvNxh.jpg

"This fraud is simply, faaaaabulous!"

Slice of life school animu. Hillary is class president girl. Stand. Bow.

Donald Trump is gross perv guy.

Obama is nice guy protagonist. Joe Biden is cooler best friend.

Bernie is whiny Shinji from Evangelion.

Slice of life school animu. Hillary is class president girl. Stand. Bow.

Donald Trump is gross perv guy.

Obama is nice guy protagonist. Joe Biden is cooler best friend.

Bernie is whiny Shinji from Evangelion.

....I don't understand any of this. Something about a kilt?

The guy from Nintendo minute is kinda hot now that he has a beard.....

Katy Perry went away, and we went with P!nk who is better in every way.

Wilsongt

Oh bother.

H. A. Goodman
H. A. Goodman – ‏@HAGOODMANAUTHOR

#FeelTheBern https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN4knAPNa9s … Bernie Sanders Waiting For Hillary Clinton to Get Indicted. Judge Confirms Criminal Investigation.

And now rumblings that Wikileaks is going to jump in and release a lot of information to get her indicted.

Why don't these people do something useful for a change?

gcubed

Oh bother.

H. A. Goodman
H. A. Goodman – ‏@HAGOODMANAUTHOR

#FeelTheBern https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN4knAPNa9s … Bernie Sanders Waiting For Hillary Clinton to Get Indicted. Judge Confirms Criminal Investigation.

And now rumblings that Wikileaks is going to jump in and release a lot of information to get her indicted.

Why don't these people do something useful for a change?

Wikileaks has been irrelevant for quite a while, I'd stop worrying about whatever they think they are going to release

CCS

Banned
Um. I'm watching the new Voltron on Netflix.Am I anime now?
Do they not have SEX in anime?
Idk why my phone capitalized SEX. I must aggressively text the word....

Depends which anime you're watching :p (disclosure: I do not watch that much anime)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom