• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Donald, let the Secret Service allow guns in your rallies, asshole.

Looks full:

CkrfcPfWYAE3uH_.jpg:large

Come on guys, let's not get into this whole crowd size fallacy nonsense. It didn't matter for Sanders, it didn't matter for Clinton, and it doesn't matter for Trump.

Here's another pic of the same rally.

CkrkHCAWsAEcNZZ.jpg:large

Obama at 54% on Gallup today.

That's gotta be a new high for at least the past three years.

YISS. It's probably his highest since the night OBL was chucked into the Arabian Sea.

His economic approval is also crawling back up, only 2% difference. His foreign policy is a wider gap, but the trendlines are similar.

Emarv

how much money did romney raise for the gop last time? i don't think trump is going to do anything for down ticket republicans.
Each party raised $1 billion in 2012, and before this election started, it was assumed that $1 billion each was going to be the floor, not the ceiling. They were supposed to each hit well over that number.

Clinton and the DNC still will, but Trump is saying half of that is all that is needed, while reporters are hearing he might not even get half of half of that. They assumed nearly $500m was spent in advertising in 2012, which Trump says he won't need because he gets free media. The problem is 1) that media of him is largely damaging and 2) that media is mostly for him and not downticket party members.

Trump expected the RNC to provide the money but when he got there he found out they had very little (because donors were scared during the primaries) and was expected to help raise that.

The RNC is a mess.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
instead of bellyaching about crowd size, let's play a rousing game of "find anyone in that crowd who isn't white"

I think I can see one black guy, on the left in kind of the far foreground.

I feel like I hit the jackpot or something.

EdIT: the one wearing a yellow baseball cap

How laughable is it that yougov polls still show Obama approval at a net -6? That's a full 8.5 to 9.5 deviation from the aggregate. If this was a poll of some contest, it would be laughed at. Complete joke pollster at this point if you ask me.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
How laughable is it that yougov polls still show Obama approval at a net -6? That's a full 8.5 to 9.5 deviation from the aggregate. If this was a poll of some contest, it would be laughed at. Complete joke pollster at this point if you ask me.

They've been struggling a bit with the US because they're obviously an internet pollster and the US has quite low uptake compared to other Western nations. Particularly sampling minorities accurate is difficult.

Come on guys, let's not get into this whole crowd size fallacy nonsense. It didn't matter for Sanders, it didn't matter for Clinton, and it doesn't matter for Trump.

Here's another pic of the same rally.

I usually wouldn't but it's a part of his brand and yesterday his rally wasn't a huge success.

ampere

Things I regret doing Today.

-Reading through replies to Hillary tweets.

You can sign up for unlimited accounts, anonymously, and there's virtually no moderation (via reporting only afaik).

Twitter is a disaster in a lot of ways. Lots of auto-reply bots too

smurfx

get some go again
Worrying about the rally size or whatever seems sorta petty to be honest. Also come on, there are at least 2 minorities right there infront.
They just happen to be press.

Also Trump parading about a Don King endorsement is still so incredibly strange. Don King is just the kind of scummy guy I'd expect Trump to hang out with. He's also gone on racist rants against Mexicans though, so I guess he fits right in with Trump.
don king like trump also has a history of not paying people so they go well together.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
First time I've seen this slogan...

"The silent majority stands with Trump."

0TU0uEd.png

Want to think they're already setting up for screaming "fraud" in the fall.

Emarv

If I remember right, the Tea Party also liked to use the silent majority thing. Basically extremists who think the PC Police are shutting everyone up from speaking their minds.

jiggle

Each party raised $1 billion in 2012, and before this election started, it was assumed that $1 billion each was going to be the floor, not the ceiling. They were supposed to each hit well over that number.

Clinton and the DNC still will, but Trump is saying half of that is all that is needed, while reporters are hearing he might not even get half of half of that. They assumed nearly $500m was spent in advertising in 2012, which Trump says he won't need because he gets free media. The problem is 1) that media of him is largely damaging and 2) that media is mostly for him and not downticket party members.

Trump expected the RNC to provide the money but when he got there he found out they had very little (because donors were scared during the primaries) and was expected to help raise that.

The RNC is a mess.
tumblr_n1fk39ZSzq1roa7c8o1_500.gif

YISS. It's probably his highest since the night OBL was chucked into the Arabian Sea.

His economic approval is also crawling back up, only 2% difference. His foreign policy is a wider gap, but the trendlines are similar.
It might be too much to ask for, but I'm hoping he stabilizes around here. Or we start seeing 54 as the low end of the range that goes into the upper 50s.

I feel like him actively campaigning could bring his approvals up even higher. It did in 2012 to about where it is now, but the economy was still very weak back then. It's not amazing right now but with sub-5% unemployment, PPACA actually in effect and working (it was still somewhat nebulous in 2012 as many of its most important provisions hadn't yet taken effect) and demographics becoming yet more favorable (think of the effect four years' worth of senior citizens leaving the electorate and being replaced by four years' worth of millennials) he could see approval numbers similar to what Bill Clinton enjoyed at the end of his presidency, as long as he's out there and making his case.

Slayven

The RNC is a mess.

Trump just wants to campaign in NY and Cali, that should cut down on costs

The Silent Majority clearly stands with Hillary in this election.

Anyway,

Sad case- @USATODAY did article saying I don't pay bills- false, only don't pay when work is shoddy, bad, or not done! They should do same!

Dumbass, this is the worst possible response to "you fucked over your workers." Even your loser supporters are going to have second thoughts after you said "they deserved it!"

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/741696814194274304

Hazmat

First time I've seen this slogan...

"The silent majority stands with Trump."

0TU0uEd.png

Want to think they're already setting up for screaming "fraud" in the fall.

That "silent majority" both amuses and irks me. The only way I can interpret it is that these people assume that all white people are as racist as they are, we just don't want to let on. Fuck them.

OmniOne

My god.

NOW can we cut the crap about Hillary only running a "competent" campaign? And we're only just getting started. lol

I'm glad the tone, on top of making sure policy is at the forefront because he can't articulate a thing, is to treat him like a joke. Because he is.

Drakeon

God you can tell Hillary's team must have been chomping at the bit to get into GE mode and just attack Trump full bore. They had to be so happy after Indiana.

Bowdz

And meanwhile, Trump's social media director (that exists?) is attacking Paul Ryan:

https://twitter.com/DanScavino/status/741692518849511424

This past week has given the Clinton campaign enough damning quotes from the GOP against Trump to cut ads all the way until November. Ryan, Romney, McConnell, Rubio, Graham, and Corker (just off the top of my head) all gave searing criticism of Trump in a matter of days. They just need to hammer Trump being only out for himself (like they did with Romney), a fraud, and hated by his own party every day from here on out to tank him with the GE electorate.

"Alleged billionaire" might be the rudest thing you can call Trump. That will annoy him far more than anything else. I do love the attitude of "I don't need no SuperPAC to air the nasty shit, fuck off, Trump."

Can we have the same ad with the guy from the Aperture Science clips speaking it? Because that would be awesome. Perhaps the "E! A! Sports!" guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom