• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfx

get some go again
Rachel is reporting that Bernie won't be dropping tomorrow.

Guy is just a joke at this point.
just keep ignoring him and take away any power he thinks he has. once the conventions are over he will hardly get much press. it would be nice if he campaigned against trump but he isn't needed either. we have plenty of people that will be doing it up until the election.

Welp

I was going back and forth on Bernie, I really was. I've given him the benefit of the doubt, that he was just playing hard ball because his campaign is basically funded by people who will only respond to "FRAUD" and "ESTABLISHMENT"

If he's not going to conceded tomorrow, then fuck him. I'm tired of him, the media is tired of him, everyone has fucking moved on. I'm tired of having to think about polls and what the numbers would look like if he was out of the race.

He's not getting any meaningful concessions, he fucking lost but major margins. I hope at this point after everything is done the Dems just backdoor him and completely isolate so he can fade into oblivion.

btw where are those tax returns Weaver

also where are them fundraising numbers from May?

I mean the longer this drags on the worse deal he gets. His main argument has been his better GE polling against Trump and how the supers should flip on that basis but given how Clinton has been polling very well against Trump in the past week or so even that is looking like a pretty weak reason to stay in.

And if he's playing the extract concessions game he has to know his hand gets weaker and weaker the less the media pays attention to him.

Sanders is a fucking idiot who should have conceded weeks ago to get some chance at a meaningful platform for Clinton to take in. He blew his chance, every day he becomes weaker and weaker.

danm999

I mean the longer this drags on the worse deal he gets. His main argument has been his better GE polling against Trump and how the supers should flip on that basis but given how Clinton has been polling very well against Trump in the past week or so even that is looking like a pretty weak reason to stay in.

And if he's playing the extract concessions game he has to know his hand gets weaker and weaker the less the media pays attention to him.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Sanders is basically using his remaining supporters as hostages to get what he wants. Like a cult leader negotiating with the Authorities.

It would be hilarious if not so fucking frustrating. All the people, who a couple of months ago, worried that he would pull this shit have been proven right.

Yeah, Bernie really loses his influence the longer he stays in the race.

The peak of his influence was when Hillary was polling barely a point above Trump before CA. Now it's starting to wane.

Crocodile

A) If the Dems are filibustering for gun control, I really hope they don't just stop on the no-fly list thing. More gun research, bans for those convicted of domestic violence, etc. need to be on there too.

B) I'm becoming more and more skeptical Trump lasts until the RNC convention.

C) LOL at Trump claiming the DNC Russian hack was something they cooked up themselves. This man is addicted to conspiracies. I'm a bit worried though if the train of thought "the Russians leaked the oppo file as a favor for Trump to help him win" is actually accurate.

Trouble

Banned
I don't even care if Bernie endorses at this point. He has nothing that Clinton or the Democratic party needs. If he wants to be a petulant child and take his toys home, so be it.

Holmes

Candidates for President, November 2016:

Clinton, Hillary (D)
Trump, Donald (R)
Johnson, Gary (L)
Stein, Jill (G)
Castle, Darrell (C)
Sanders, Bernie (D) (not on ballot)

Link

The Autumn Wind
A) If the Dems are filibustering for gun control, I really hope they don't just stop on the no-fly list thing. More gun research, bans for those convicted of domestic violence, etc. need to be on there too.
Seems their goal is the no fly, no buy thing, plus universal background checks. I'm not sure what's worse: The fact that that's all they're pushing for, or that they probably won't even get that.

So there apparently 37 members of the Dem caucus who have joined the filibuster (though is it a real one? Who cares).

Who are the 9 who haven't joined? I know Bernie is one of them. Which is amazing.

I'm guessing Donnelly and Heitkamp as well.

It doesn't matter if he's on the ballot or not. We know we don't count anything with his name on it anyway.

I'm not worried about him. We;ll get enough of his supporters to win, it's at, what 60% now? Only 8% are going to Trump. So, whatever.

I just think it's sad what a petty, small man he is. Had he been a team player, he could have had relevance throughout his career. But he made his choice, and now he has to live with it.

What I'm pissed about is everyone has pretty much kissed his ass. Obama, Hillary, Reed, Biden, etc. Enough. He gets on board, or he gets the fuck out of the way. Period. If his fee-fees get hurt, too damn bad. He can go back to being a backbencher as far as I'm concerned.

So there apparently 37 members of the Dem caucus who have joined the filibuster (though is it a real one? Who cares).

Who are the 9 who haven't joined? I know Bernie is one of them. Which is amazing.

I'm guessing Donnelly and Heitkamp as well.

Bernie said on Twitter that he stands with Sen. Murphy. I suppose that means figuratively, because his ass surely isn't there is it? He's still pretending to run for President.

ampere

Right, but since Daddy Bams and Grandpappy Biden talked to him I'm assuming that he will be dropping out.

Or they said fuck it this guy's ridiculous and just said whatever

His supporters are going to move over to Hillary more and more as the weeks go on and his leverage is going to quickly evaporate.

He's a bad politician. He's lucky he's in a cushy state that loves him.

Not that it matters, but 20 more Super Delegates endorsed Hillary today.

ClBiymTUsAE5BxY.jpg

If he refuses to concede before the convention, he'll be considered a candidate, right?

In that case, he won't be given a prime time speaking slot, because that's reserved for the actual nominee. He'll get what Jerry Brown got in 1992: a 10 minute speaking slot where he can second his own nomination if he wants. Then we'll cut the fucking mic off and throw him back to Vermont where he can long to privatize the teevee or whatever he wants now.

mo60

If he refuses to concede before the convention, he'll be considered a candidate, right?

In that case, he won't be given a prime time speaking slot, because that's reserved for the actual nominee. He'll get what Jerry Brown got in 1992: a 10 minute speaking slot where he can second his own nomination if he wants. Then we'll cut the fucking mic off and throw him back to Vermont where he can long to privatize the teevee or whatever he wants now.

I think he will concede before or right around the convention.I'm curious to see if he will release his delegates during the convention like Hilary did in 08.

danm999

I think Weaver was on MSNBC where Matthews sort of grilled him on the mechanics of what the Sanders campaign was expecting at the Convention to happen if this went down, and his deer in headlights response sort of indicated how exactly thought through this whole thing is.

Diablos

Sanders is basically using his remaining supporters as hostages to get what he wants. Like a cult leader negotiating with the Authorities.

It would be hilarious if not so fucking frustrating. All the people, who a couple of months ago, worried that he would pull this shit have been proven right.
Hello.

royalan

Bernie is irrelevanT. A flop. A hasbeen. A HEW? Ha album peakeD early and nobody wants ha anymore. CLocked Tea.

Everyone is here for HILLARY, ha new era. The Stronger Together Tour is cominG and she is collecting your faves wigs. YAAAAAAAAAASSSSS

p7dyBjQ.gif

/PopGAF

*Ahem*

Honestly, at this point if Bernie doesn't want to play along, the Dems should just ignore him. He has no leverage at this point. If these new polls are anything to go by, everyone with sense is fleeing his campaign, and everyone who's left are either his most extreme supporters or general anarchists, who couldn't be counted on for a vote anyway. And it's only going to get worse from here now that the media has effectively moved on. There's too much at stake this election to waste time on Bernie at this point. Deny him a speaking slot if he's still insistent on bringing mess to the convention, and move on. At this point, we can win without him. The fact that he's doing a video message and not a rally means he's not going to go all-in on the endorsement like Queen did in '08 anyway.

I think Weaver was on MSNBC where Matthews sort of grilled him on the mechanics of what the Sanders campaign was expecting at the Convention to happen if this went down, and his deer in headlights response sort of indicated how exactly thought through this whole thing is.

Sanders' campaign not thinking something all the way through, surely you jest?

fauxtrot

Banned
Sanders squandered his momentum and leverage so quickly that it scares me to imagine a conservative Congress (or foreign leaders) running circles around him for four years. And I voted for the man...

itschris

I think he will concede before or right around the convention.I'm curious to see if he will release his delegates during the convention like Hilary did in 08.

Maybe, but I could also see him insisting on the full roll call - he's certainly failed to meet my already low expectations enough times so far.

Diablos

I think he'll concede after the next round of states.
I think he'll concede after California.
I think he'll concede after the meeting with Obama.
I think he'll concede after DC.
I think he'll concede after the meeting with Hillary.
I think he'll concede on Thursday.
I think he'll concede at the convention.

Maybe, but I could also see him insisting on the full roll call - he's certainly failed to meet my already low expectations enough times so far.

That's fine. If he forces the roll call, he is a candidate and he won't get a chance to speak. He'll be given 10 minutes between the PTA from Podunk, Ohio and the Majorettes from UCLA who are going to perform "YASSS QUEEN WERK" with male strippers.

Trust her. She knows. She tried to build a wall to keep people out of her emails.

mo60

I think he'll concede after the next round of states.
I think he'll concede after California.
I think he'll concede after the meeting with Obama.
I think he'll concede after DC.
I think he'll concede after the meeting with Hillary.
I think he'll concede on Thursday.
I think he'll concede at the convention.

The dude likes to take his sweet time to concede which is sad. I would have expected him to concede sometime this week, but sadly he's still at it.

The democrats are not frustrated about it right now anyway.

royalan

Bernie really should have conceded after Indiana. He still had the media's full attention, and Dems were spooked by Cruz dropping out and the Republicans ending their primaries earlier than anybody thought they would.

He likely could have gotten a lot more than he's going to get now.

Iolo

There were a couple Bernie supporters in here insisting that we should bear with Bernie, and he would finally concede right after the DC primary. If that doesn't happen Thursday, I wonder how they will feel. Chastened, or move the goalposts again? He's starting to fade, so I'm not worried about it at the moment.

danm999

Sanders squandered his momentum and leverage so quickly that it scares me to imagine a conservative Congress (or foreign leaders) running circles around him for four years. And I voted for the man...

I mean on his list of demands made of the DNC the other day, there was only a single demand that wasn't

A) Going to happen regardless
B) Not something the people he was negotiating had the power to give; or
C) Completely vague.

Left me with the impression he's not a very details oriented person.

Who gives a fuck about Bernie at this point? Queen has enough delegates, has pretty much accepted the nomination and has been campaigning as the nominee for quite some time. Then we got President Obama out here endorsing her and doing his best Draymond Green impression on Trump's balls every other day. Bernie is irrelevant.

Then we have an awful tragedy in Orlando, shifting all the conversation to topics Bernie is at best weak on and at worst doesn't give a fuck about so he becomes further irrelevant. So he and his diehard followers can keep up their temper tantrum until the convention or whenever, everyone else has moved on and realized that shit is, in fact, quite real and Bernie does not currently occupy anything resembling reality.

He has zero legs to stand on and the longer he holds out, the less leverage he has (if he even has any). He should get nothing.

It seems like the new England super Tuesday blowout would have been the best time to get out of the race for Bernie. He could have probably gotten some decent concessions as well.

But seriously though if he'a not going back to Washington what the hell is he even doing with no more races and no superdelegates switching to him. Seems like he just gets a nice vacation

Crocodile

Bernie really should have conceded after Indiana. He still had the media's full attention, and Dems were spooked by Cruz dropping out and the Republicans ending their primaries earlier than anybody thought they would.

I can respect staying in until the last primary has voted or how its hard to drop out right after winning a state (even if I felt his "message" had been off-track for a long time and he was frequently saying derp stuff). Sticking around now though just looks like sour grapes or something. I'm not sure how you justify it.

mo60

Yep. He should have conceded once his path to victory was shut close competely at around that time, but I don't think he did it because he would have broken his promise to his supporters of letting their voice and other people's voices get heard in the nomination process. He should have definitely conceded this week after the DC primary, but sadly he doesn't even plan to concede officially tommorrow

thefro

Bernie needs to wait for an open news cycle to concede.

This week wouldn't be good timing due to the Orlando shootings... same reason Obama's not out campaigning with Hillary this week.

mo60

It seems like the new England super Tuesday blowout would have been the best time to get out of the race for Bernie. He could have probably gotten some decent concessions as well.

But seriously though if he'a not going back to Washington what the hell is he even doing with no more races and no superdelegates switching to him. Seems like he just gets a nice vacation

Isn't he meeting with people within the democratic party right now to shape the democrats platform?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom